Author Topic: Chest and arms  (Read 2632 times)

oni

• Getbig IV
Chest and arms
« on: May 26, 2014, 11:22:55 PM »
Lets get a round table going.
How many sets are you guys doing for chest, triceps and biceps a week?

I train chest and triceps on one day then back and biceps on another. I need a bit of extra growth in my chest and arms for sure and I'm willing to bet it's not enough volume. Some good ideas for these chest and triceps and biceps days would be great!

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
Re: Chest and arms
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 11:50:55 PM »
usually chest i do between 12-15 sets,bicep and tricep 6 sets each,but don't take my word for arms though because mine sucks,only my chest improved over these few months
chest i do flat bench or flat dumbbell press,hammer wide chest,decline smith or decline hammer,crossovers that's all
T

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 01:14:32 AM »
Yeah I was thinking probably 15 sets of chest, 16 triceps, 13 biceps

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 06:07:39 PM »
I do arms almost every day for the past year 3-6 sets a a day low volume more frequency works for me on arms every thing else once or twice a week. Took me a while to figure this out... works for me

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 08:54:55 PM »
usually chest i do between 12-15 sets,bicep and tricep 6 sets each,but don't take my word for arms though because mine sucks,only my chest improved over these few months
chest i do flat bench or flat dumbbell press,hammer wide chest,decline smith or decline hammer,crossovers that's all
I also like hammer wide and flat db presses!!

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 01:15:12 PM »
Per week over 2 workouts (push/pull/legs 6x/week):

chest: 25-30 sets
triceps: 12-15 sets
biceps: 12-15 sets

Kurt

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 02:53:41 AM »
To answer your question, I feel the need to post my entire split.....

I do a 4 day split, training every other day. "Off" days are for cardio and abs.

1) Chest and biceps
2) Back and traps
3) Shoulders and triceps
4) Legs and calves

This allows back and legs, the largest and most taxed muscle groups, to be trained furthest apart in time.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 03:04:44 AM »
Lets get a round table going.
How many sets are you guys doing for chest, triceps and biceps a week?

I train chest and triceps on one day then back and biceps on another. I need a bit of extra growth in my chest and arms for sure and I'm willing to bet it's not enough volume. Some good ideas for these chest and triceps and biceps days would be great!
Train your chest on itīs own and have an arm day. I think this would be best. Sure your triceps are worked with chest and for some it makes sense to Train them afterwards. However if itīs a weak Point Train it on itīs own. your chest will receive more Training on your arm day...some upper chest on shoulders.. overlap can be good if you plan it. so the direct and indirect work adds up.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 03:15:08 AM »
I like this at the Moment..

Chest
Legs (gives your upper Body a rest)
Back
Shoulders
Arms

Sets i go by feel on the Day but chest normally about 15 sets. sometimes a few more. Depends on how intensive you are Training, weight used,rest periods.. if supersets are used you work faster but use lower weight but you are still packing a lot of work into a shorter time.. so also intensive. building muscle i go for straight sets mainly on big muscle Groups with heavier weight and lighter faster superset/tri set workouts for shoulders and arms. Try POF Training too.