Author Topic: Trading Terrorists for One of Our Own  (Read 31128 times)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Trading Terrorists for One of Our Own
« on: June 01, 2014, 02:30:32 PM »

Good?  Bad?  Indifferent?

I'm on the fence about this one.  If it was my ass in captivity, I would want the trade, lol.  But, I also think it sends a bad message.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/06/01/chuck-hagel-susan-rice-defend-decision-to-trade-terror-suspects-for-bergdahl-swap/

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Trading Terrorists for One of Our Own
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 04:04:37 PM »
I'm unfortunately going to be involved in this thing up to my ass as soon as he gets transferred back here. At this point don't expect him to get in any trouble.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 04:08:55 PM »
on the gossip main board, they're saying he deserted, while over there.  In the middle of the night, left all his things and snuck off base to be with enemy?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 04:28:32 PM »
on the gossip main board, they're saying he deserted, while over there.  In the middle of the night, left all his things and snuck off base to be with enemy?

Someome also posted Tweets his full bearded Muslim father made saying he wanted all Gitmo prisoners released, and some pretty anti American stuff.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 05:26:42 PM »
Someome also posted Tweets his full bearded Muslim father made saying he wanted all Gitmo prisoners released, and some pretty anti American stuff.

???   Wow.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 05:47:22 PM »
Lets see if this assclown gets the Jessica Lynch treatment, think its to late for that though, to much info already out there. Hope he spends his remaining days a resident of levenworth
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 06:03:38 PM »
He was supposed to go back to his unit...which would have resulted in a lot of trouble...now he goes home and out through Kentucky. I'll be herding all the media for this all week.
L

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 06:40:08 PM »
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpACzIqCYAEylpj.jpg

Robert Bergdahl @bobbergdahl
Follow

To every single person who worked so hard to make this recovery possible, WE LOVE YOU! GOD IS GREAT AND HIS MERCY ENDURES FOREVER!
5:20 PM - 31 May 2014 Washington, DC, United States

http://soopermexican.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/bobbergdahl-deleted-tweet-death-american.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpA4mwUIUAA9rei.jpg

JustAnotherTweep @daqeqa

@bobbergdahl I feel elections are just face saving maneouver of west before leaving "Look we got the elections done,misson accompalished"

Robert Bergdahl @bobbergdahl
    Follow

@daqeqa Agree! "Democracy" is a cult in the West. I think most of afgs see law in terms of sharia not secular democracy, man centric laws
    12:40 PM - 29 Mar 2014
    22 Retweets

Retweet

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 11:19:23 PM »
It turns out this shady "trading" practice with terr'ists goes way back.  Reagan did it, too.  I've always seen him as one of the greats, but his love of amnesty and now, I'm just learning about this... I dunno, I pictured Reagan as the kind to tell Iran to give us back our people or we're going to deliver 1500 missiles not in trucks, from from the clouds in a much louder fashion. 

Ronald Reagan Gave Iran 1,500 Missiles for Hostages.

Reagan was driven by a different obsession. He had become frustrated at his inability to secure the release of the seven American hostages being held by Iranian terrorists in Lebanon. As president, Reagan felt that "he had the duty to bring those Americans home."

The arms-for-hostages proposal divided the administration. Longtime policy adversaries Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger and Secretary of State George Shultz opposed the deal, but Reagan, McFarlane and CIA director William Casey supported it. With the backing of the president, the plan progressed. By the time the sales were discovered, more than 1,500 missiles had been shipped to Iran. Three hostages had been released, only to be replaced with three more, in what Secretary of State George Shultz called "a hostage bazaar."

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 01:22:10 AM »
It turns out this shady "trading" practice with terr'ists goes way back.  Reagan did it, too.  I've always seen him as one of the greats, but his love of amnesty and now, I'm just learning about this... I dunno, I pictured Reagan as the kind to tell Iran to give us back our people or we're going to deliver 1500 missiles not in trucks, from from the clouds in a much louder fashion. 

Ronald Reagan Gave Iran 1,500 Missiles for Hostages.

Reagan was driven by a different obsession. He had become frustrated at his inability to secure the release of the seven American hostages being held by Iranian terrorists in Lebanon. As president, Reagan felt that "he had the duty to bring those Americans home."

The arms-for-hostages proposal divided the administration. Longtime policy adversaries Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger and Secretary of State George Shultz opposed the deal, but Reagan, McFarlane and CIA director William Casey supported it. With the backing of the president, the plan progressed. By the time the sales were discovered, more than 1,500 missiles had been shipped to Iran. Three hostages had been released, only to be replaced with three more, in what Secretary of State George Shultz called "a hostage bazaar."

I can't tell if you're a closet liberal or you just hate hypocrisy with a passion?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2014, 03:33:02 AM »
According to first-hand accounts from soldiers in his platoon, Bergdahl, while on guard duty, shed his weapons and walked off the observation post with nothing more than a compass, a knife, water, a digital camera, and a diary.

At least six soldiers were killed in subsequent searches for Bergdahl, and many soldiers in his platoon said attacks seemed to increase against the United States in Paktika Provice in the days and weeks following his disappearance.

Many of Bergdahl's fellow troops -- from the seven or so who knew him best in his squad, to the larger group that comprised the 1st Battalion, 501st Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division -- told CNN that they signed nondisclosure agreements agreeing to never share any information about Bergdahl's disappearance and the efforts to recapture him. Some were willing to dismiss that document in hopes that the truth would come out about a soldier who they now fear is being hailed as a hero, while the men who lost their lives looking for him are ignored.

Many are flocking to social media, such as the Facebook page "Bowe Bergdahl is NOT a hero," where they share stories detailing their resentment. A number of comments on his battalion's Facebook page prompted the moderator to ask for more respect to be shown.

- See more at: http://www.winknews.com/National-World/2014-06-02/Fellow-soldiers-call-Bowe-Bergdahl-a-deserter-not-a-hero#sthash.EINJF7Gf.dpuf

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2014, 05:09:25 AM »
If this is true, then the USA should have left him rot. But, then again, the traitorinchief is looking for anyway to close Gitmo.Look at what that "POW" supposedly stated prior to being "captured" (looks like he deserted):

“I am sorry for everything here,” he wrote. “These people need help, yet what they get is the most conceited country in the world telling them that they are nothing and that they are stupid.”

Bergdahl also complained about fellow soldiers. The battalion commander was a “conceited old fool,” he said, and the only “decent” sergeants, planning to leave the platoon “as soon as they can,” told the privates — Bergdahl then among them — “to do the same.”

“I am ashamed to be an American. And the title of US soldier is just the lie of fools,” he concluded. “I am sorry for everything. The horror that is America is disgusting.”

One night, after finishing a guard-duty shift Bowe Bergdahl asked his team leader whether there would be a problem if he left camp with his rifle and night-vision goggles — to which the team leader replied “yes.”

Bergdahl then returned to his bunker, picked up a knife, water, his diary and a camera, and left camp, according to Rolling Stone.
The next morning, he was reported missing, and later that day, a drone and four fighter jets ­began to search for him.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2014, 07:56:14 AM »
Jesus...jumping through my ass today on this shit.....I guess Robin Meade is rolling in shortly.
L

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2014, 09:25:28 AM »
Bombshell: First words of Bergdahl’s father at White House were Arabic:

http://allenbwest.com/2014/06/bombshell-first-words-bergdahls-father-white-house-arabic/

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2014, 09:26:52 AM »
http://allenbwest.com/2014/06/objective-military-assessment-bowe-bergdahl-case/

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2014, 09:35:34 AM »
If this Guy Deserted and gave Information which resulted in casualties to his Regiment.. he should be kicked out of the US and his Muslim loving Family too. In the older days he would be shot. I remember Joining the British Army in Stirling Scotland and seeing a Picture on the wall in the Recruiting Office, "There is no finer Profession than that of a Soldier". The worst Thing a Man can do is Desert and Betray his Comrades.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2014, 10:39:05 AM »
Its going to be awhile before the story comes out.  My organization will be handling him while he recovers but as to the debrief....could be months.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 01:16:40 PM »
Not sure what I think about this.  I like the fact we don't leave anyone behind, even if they don't deserve to be rescued, but I don't like the fact we gave up five people who are probably responsible for the death of Americans and will likely be back on the battlefield trying to kill more Americans. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 01:42:43 PM »
This could get ugly.

Susan Rice: Bergdahl Served With 'Honor and Distinction'
9:12 AM, JUN 2, 2014 • BY DANIEL HALPER

President Obama's national security adviser, Susan Rice, said on ABC that Bowe Bergdahl "served the United States with honor and distinction" and that "Sergeant Bergdahl wasn't simply a hostage; he was an American prisoner of war captured on the battlefield,"

“Certainly anybody who's been held in those conditions, in captivity for five years, has paid an extraordinary price. But that is really not the point. The point is that he's back,” Rice told ABC host George Stephanopoulos when asked whether Bergdahl was a deserter and whether he'd face punishment.

“He is going to be safely reunited with his family. He served the United States with honor and distinction. And we’ll have the opportunity eventually to learn what has transpired in the past years, but what's most important now is his health and well being, that he have the opportunity to recover in peace and security and be reunited with his family. Which is why this is such a joyous day.”

Elsewhere in the interview, Rice says, "Sergeant Bergdahl wasn't simply a hostage; he was an American prisoner of war captured on the battlefield." She adds, "We have a sacred obligation that we have upheld since the founding of our republic to do our utmost to bring back our men and women who are taken in battle, and we did that in this instance." 

As Bill Kristol said this morning on TV, "There's a lot of reporting that he wasn't taken in battle. He seems to have deserted or at least gone AWOL. He may have cooperated with the enemy after they captured him. Soldiers have died trying to find him. His own platoon and his own battalion, company and battalion, seem to have come under a lot more attacks after he was taken. The degree of anger amongst soldiers, on email and on listservs, is unbelievable. And that needs to be taken seriously.

"Those are the people who fought, who fought in the same company in some cases, and who feel like they sacrificed to get this guy back who may have behaved at best irresponsibly and at worst worse. And we need to have honesty about that. There was a big Army investigation--what did Susan Rice know? What did President Obama know about the investigation about Bergdahl?

"It's one thing to trade terrorists for a real POW, someone who was taken on the battlefield fighting honorably for our country. It's another thing to trade away 5 high-ranking terrorists to someone who walked away."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/susan-rice-bergdahl-served-honor-and-distinction_794066.html

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 02:41:38 PM »
Someone shoulda fragged this fuck. Then droned his old man.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2014, 03:32:17 PM »
Bombshell: First words of Bergdahl’s father at White House were Arabic:

http://allenbwest.com/2014/06/bombshell-first-words-bergdahls-father-white-house-arabic/

If Obama was any kind of man he would have slapped that fool in the back of the head and knocked him over the podium when he started that shit..

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2014, 03:35:51 PM »
Its going to be awhile before the story comes out.  My organization will be handling him while he recovers but as to the debrief....could be months.

Give him hell, make getbig proud  ;D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2014, 04:14:16 PM »
Interesting shit today...Army is trying to make sure we don't make him look like a hero. JUts do what we need to...to help him recover. Obama is free to do what he wants
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2014, 08:26:25 PM »
This is powerful commentary by one of his fellow Soldiers.  I'm starting to form an opinion about this . . . .

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/02/we-lost-soldiers-in-the-hunt-for-bergdahl-a-guy-who-walked-off-in-the-dead-of-night.html

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2014, 08:46:43 PM »
This is powerful commentary by one of his fellow Soldiers.  I'm starting to form an opinion about this . . . .

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/02/we-lost-soldiers-in-the-hunt-for-bergdahl-a-guy-who-walked-off-in-the-dead-of-night.html

Admirable that you don't jump to conclusions like the rest of us... lol