Author Topic: Trading Terrorists for One of Our Own  (Read 31140 times)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: Trading Terrorists for One of Our Own
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2014, 04:33:12 PM »
If any of the information coming out about this guy is at all accurate, it makes the Obama Administration look horribly foolish and clueless.   Im going to reserve judgement until the facts are all gathered but so far the info looks legit.   
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2014, 04:35:00 PM »
From Bums post a few up

I agree with this sentiment.

Getting him released is a separate issue from whether he deserted or abandoned his post.  If that is true then I hope the army will investigate and I expect that they will

In a separate posting on Facebook, Dempsey said of Bergdahl:

"Like any American, he is innocent until proven guilty. Our Army’s leaders will not look away from misconduct if it occurred."

Any decision on disciplinary measures will be up to the Army, Dempsey said in the interview. He said he does not want to pre-judge Bergdahl or say anything that might influence Army commanders.

In the Facebook post, Dempsey said in response to "those of you interested in my personal judgments about the recovery of SGT. Bowe Bergdahl, the questions about this particular soldier’s conduct are separate from our effort to recover ANY U.S. service member in enemy captivity."

He added: "This was likely the last, best opportunity to free him."

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2014, 05:45:36 PM »
From Bums post a few up

I agree with this sentiment.

Getting him released is a separate issue from whether he deserted or abandoned his post.  If that is true then I hope the army will investigate and I expect that they will

Trade him for top-level Taliban, though? With what they already knew?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2014, 05:46:32 PM »
If any of the information coming out about this guy is at all accurate, it makes the Obama Administration look horribly foolish and clueless.   Im going to reserve judgement until the facts are all gathered but so far the info looks legit.   

Yes.  The evidence seems to be growing, but HH6 is dealing with this mess and he hasn't (to my knowledge) called this guy a deserter.  So, we all know how the initial press stories like this tend to roll...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2014, 06:07:33 PM »
Boys I will do my best at some point to tell you what I know but I can't right now. I'm not sure I'll be in a room with him but I will meet his parents at some point. I guess a good indication at this point is that nobody in his platoon is bringing out another side of this. In any case we're not worried about that at this point. We have to get him healthy and sane enough to tell his story and/or stand trial. He has useful info and we'll get that from him. I suspect this kid was a weird dude....a fucking retard can get into the legion...staying is another story.
L

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2014, 06:14:22 PM »
Boys I will do my best at some point to tell you what I know but I can't right now. I'm not sure I'll be in a room with him but I will meet his parents at some point. I guess a good indication at this point is that nobody in his platoon is bringing out another side of this. In any case we're not worried about that at this point. We have to get him healthy and sane enough to tell his story and/or stand trial. He has useful info and we'll get that from him. I suspect this kid was a weird dude....a fucking retard can get into the legion...staying is another story.

Make sure you tell his pop thanks. Such an eloquent patriot.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2014, 06:18:49 PM »

Yes.  The evidence seems to be growing, but HH6 is dealing with this mess and he hasn't (to my knowledge) called this guy a deserter.  So, we all know how the initial press stories like this tend to roll...

Trotting out Bergdahl's terrorist sympathizer father and creating a huge publicity stunt out of Bergdhal's "rescue", apparently without even bothering to obtain the full story first, smacks of utter incompetence.  Im still in wait and see mode but at the very least this administration should not have made such a big deal out of this and should have been aware that there was some evidence Bergdahl may have deserted and possibly colluded with the enemy.   Instead, they chose to play the hero angle.  
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2014, 06:20:21 PM »
nobody talking about benghazi anymore.   obama's happy about that.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2014, 06:29:18 PM »
nobody talking about benghazi anymore.   obama's happy about that.

Isn't this worse? What, we got six soldiers now killed trying to "rescue" this traitorous fuck?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2014, 07:05:22 PM »
That is clearly not Obama's fault. That would have happened regardless...looking for him etc.  The trade, the results  whatever is squarely Obama's. NBC reported that the admin was/is clearly shocked at the reaction by the country and the military. I can tell you the folks in the pentagon are spinning....I've made pop corn and am watching a small piece of history unfold in front of me. Its kinda cool if this dude wasn't such a retard.
L

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2014, 07:36:47 PM »
That is clearly not Obama's fault. That would have happened regardless...looking for him etc.  The trade, the results  whatever is squarely Obama's. NBC reported that the admin was/is clearly shocked at the reaction by the country and the military. I can tell you the folks in the pentagon are spinning....I've made pop corn and am watching a small piece of history unfold in front of me. Its kinda cool if this dude wasn't such a retard.

The trade was wrong. Horribly wrong.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2014, 10:22:38 PM »
I'm sure they were hoping that Bergdahl's release would be a positive PR move and provide a distraction from the VA mess.  This fiasco will only add to the perception that this President doesn't "get " the military.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2014, 02:37:29 AM »

Its pretty clear they didnt even look into the particulars of the situation before they made a public spectacle.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2014, 06:35:14 AM »
Chuck Todd: White House Expected ‘Euphoria’ Over Bergdahl’s Release
The Washington Free Beacon ^ | June 3, 2014 | Staff
Posted on June 3, 2014 at 5:19:48 PM EDT by 2ndDivisionVet

(VIDEO-AT-LINK)

Todd: White House was 'caught off guard'

MSNBC’S Chuck Todd observed Tuesday that the White House was “caught off guard” by the disastrous public roll out of their prisoner exchange for Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl.

Todd and Andrea Mitchell agreed that the White House had likely thought there would be “some euphoria around this, the only POW that was remaining in Afghanistan, that there would be a rally around the flag. That didn’t happen.”

“They were expecting criticisms of Gitmo, criticisms of the detainees that were chosen,” Todd said. “They did not expect this criticism of the attempt to go get Bergdahl in the way that it was done.”

Todd noted the White House’s change of tone over the last several days, using as an example a Pentagon spokesperson who defended Bergdahl’s rescue in the New York Times today by citing the Navy’s policy of rescuing sailors who go overboard, regardless of whether they fell out of the ship or jumped themselves. “That wasn’t necessarily what they were saying on Sunday.”

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2014, 06:50:47 AM »
http://www.militarytimes.com/article/20140602/NEWS/306020055/Gold-Star-mom-guy-worth-my-son-s-life-

Horrible.   But this is obama the terrorists' best friend so it is what it is

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2014, 07:44:36 AM »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/06/03/krauthammer_part_of_obamas_arrogance_ignorance_to_celebrate_bergdahl_trade.html

Incredible how fucking awful this worthless ghetto fag is.   You voted for him - hang yourself

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2014, 07:51:06 AM »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/06/03/wolf_blitzer_to_jay_carney_is_it_okay_now_for_the_united_states_to_negotiate_with_terrorists.html

Obama and Rice lied about this too.   When will you fags who worship this pos wake the hell up!!!!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2014, 08:03:52 AM »
Dude....every time they say something on TV we feel it an hour later. The narrative has gotten away from them and we're getting hourly orders that contradict the last orders.  ;D
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2014, 08:10:17 AM »
Dude....every time they say something on TV we feel it an hour later. The narrative has gotten away from them and we're getting hourly orders that contradict the last orders.  ;D

That is because Obama, rice, biden, Kerry are liars, criminals, frauds, traitors, and pieces of worthless shit trying to cya.   They can not tell the truth EVER because the truth to these worthless thugs and traitors would send them directly to jail. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2014, 08:15:07 AM »

What's the sentiment around there?

The soldiers have got to be PISSED.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2014, 08:39:10 AM »

Soldiers died looking for this asshole

Soldiers died capturing the 5 Taliban commanders o-fag is releasing

Soldiers will die now as a result of these worthless animals being let back out.

All for one worthless deserter whose fathers' mission is still to free these animals.

This is who you assholes worship.   

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2014, 08:45:01 AM »

I'm sure his unit is pissed...here...everybod y just wants to make sure he doesn't screw our weekend. Glad we're knocking this out now rather then football season.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2014, 08:54:35 AM »
The Administration's Bowe Bergdahl Fairy Tale

By Tom Bevan - June 3, 2014

Those watching cable television Saturday afternoon or perusing the headlines the following morning were treated to a surprise story with the makings of a Hollywood blockbuster: The president of the United States steps up to a sun-splashed podium in the Rose Garden flanked by the grateful parents of an American soldier held captive for nearly five years.

The return of U.S. Army Pfc. Bowe Bergdahl was, according to the White House’s script, “a joyous occasion” and a fulfillment of one of America’s “most sacred obligations” of never leaving a man behind on the battlefield. For his family and friends, it certainly was both of those things.

But it was more than that. Even as the administration’s spinners fanned out the following morning on the Sunday talk shows to further regale Americans with the heartwarming tale of Bergdahl’s return, the story began to unravel as uncomfortable questions began popping up about the details of the swap:

-- Why did the administration fail to give Congress 30 days’ advance notice of the transfer of five Guantanamo Bay detainees, as required by law -- one signed by President Obama himself?

-- Was the release of five of the most dangerous and hardened prisoners from Guantanamo too steep a price to pay, and what assurances did we receive that these terrorists would not return to the battlefield and kill more Americans?

-- Had the administration reversed a long-standing U.S. policy of not negotiating with terrorists?

-- How had Bowe Bergdahl come to be taken prisoner in the first place?

This last question was the most disturbing.  Fellow soldiers from his own unit have come forth to claim Bergdahl just walked off his post one night in June 2009. They considered him a deserter. Making matters worse, several soldiers lost their lives in efforts to recover him from the Taliban.

None of this was mentioned by the president, or any administration official, even though it was well known inside the Army, which investigated the sketchy circumstances of the soldier’s disappearance.

Among those working on Sunday to spin the administration’s narrative of Bergdahl’s return -- and gloss over questions about the details of the prisoner swap -- was none other than Susan Rice, who played a starring role in the Obama administration’s efforts at misdirection over the 2012 terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya, that killed four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens.

Rice was in similar form Sunday, sticking to the White House’s pre-approved script and dodging questions about the details of the exchange. Asked why Congress wasn’t informed, Rice first said that members had been briefed many times on the subject of negotiating with the Taliban. Asked about this assertion, Rep. Howard “Buck” McKeon, chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, said that there had been discussions about whether to engage the Taliban -- but not about swapping Bergdahl for prisoners held at Guantanamo Bay.

Rice also asserted that the administration was forced to move quickly and bypass Congress because of Bergdahl’s “acute” medical condition.  Rice did not offer any specifics for this justification, and there is no evidence -- other than the administration's claim -- that Bergdahl’s health condition was life-threatening.

Rice also deflected questions about what assurances the government of Qatar, which helped broker the deal and will house the five released terrorists, had provided the United States to make sure they would not pose a future threat. Her answer essentially was that we have to take the administration’s word for it.

When queried about claims that Bowe Bergdahl may have gone simply AWOL, Rice responded that he had served America with “honor and distinction.” According to his fellow soldiers, neither of those adjectives accurately reflects his service record.

In the end, the administration’s carefully crafted story of Bergdahl’s homecoming has crumbled, leaving more questions than answers. What the White House surely viewed as a public relations coup and chance to generate positive news coverage amid the VA scandal has turned into another fiasco and yet another example of the disturbing trend in Obama’s tenure for putting public relations triumphs ahead of sound public policy concerns.

In this case, they may have gotten neither one.
//

Tom Bevan is the co-founder and Executive Editor of RealClearPolitics and the co-author of Election 2012: A Time for Choosing. Email: tom@realclearpolitics.com, Twitter: @TomBevanRCP

Page Printed from: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2014/06/03/the_administrations_bowe_bergdahl_fairy_tale__122846.html at June 04, 2014 - 08:54:11 AM PDT

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2014, 09:01:05 AM »
This isn't working out well....
L