Author Topic: jh,  (Read 22193 times)

GMCtrk

Re: Branch Warren and Johnnie Jackson- Strong No Doubt.. but...
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2006, 04:53:31 PM »
what MONSTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::)

Considering Branch was 3 days out from the Europa supershow and he did 315 x 17 on the incline bench with ease, I would say, yea, he's a monster ::)

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2006, 04:56:33 PM »
Considering Branch was 3 days out from the Europa supershow and he did 315 x 17 on the incline bench with ease, I would say, yea, he's a monster ::)
i love how there's always an excuse as to why a said pro can't lift what he brags about, "i cut myself shaving", "my car wouldn't start", "my gay lover is mad at me", i'm on low carbs", i'm 2 weeks out", "there is a full moon", "the bar is bent", "my Muscletech contract expired" blah, blah, blah blah, maybe they just lie.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

GMCtrk

« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2006, 04:58:58 PM »
i love how there's always an excuse as to why a said pro can't lift what he brags about, "i cut myself shaving", "my car wouldn't start", "my gay lover is mad at me", i'm on low carbs", i'm 2 weeks out", "there is a full moon", "the bar is bent", "my Muscletech contract expired" blah, blah, blah blah, maybe they just lie.

Obviously branch isn't going to be training 100% 3 days out of a show....regardless, we will know for this claims for sure when this "offseason hardcore traiing video" comes out

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2006, 05:10:24 PM »
Branch looks like Sloth from the Goonies,ugly mofo.

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2006, 09:14:36 PM »
and on bench you can arch your back as far as you want... as long as your ass and shoulder blades stay on the bench.  Usually powerlifters drop the bar way down below nipple level to find the groove in their shirt.

Anyone who benches this way while wearing a slingshot shirt is only training their ego.  One time I saw this old fart doing flat bench with feet on the bench and doing a back bridge.  His range of motion was maybe 10 inches at most.  Hilarious...

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2006, 09:21:40 PM »
Coleman can barely do 200lbs in the offseason for 8

I think branch could do more then 135 though

Ronnie does an EASY 12 with 200 in "Unbelievable"

Yeah budday...light weight...yep....boom!!! 

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2006, 07:18:27 AM »
Anyone who benches this way while wearing a slingshot shirt is only training their ego.  One time I saw this old fart doing flat bench with feet on the bench and doing a back bridge.  His range of motion was maybe 10 inches at most.  Hilarious...

that's the point...shortest distance between two points is a straight line.

of course powerlifting is ego driven...just like most BB'ers our obsessed with themselves and how they look.

8)

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2006, 08:16:14 AM »
what MONSTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::)

what would be an acceptable weight for them to be using in your eyes???
nasser=piece of shit

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2006, 08:28:53 AM »
what would be an acceptable weight for them to be using in your eyes???
for guys who constantly brag about how much weight they handle i'd expect a lot more, i've seen guys curl 130lb. db's and women lifters incline 120's.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2006, 09:47:23 AM »
i've seen women lifters incline 120's.

:o....................... . ::)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2006, 09:55:18 AM »
:o....................... . ::)

He was referring to himself herself ;)
just push some weight!

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2006, 10:27:39 AM »
were they 100lbers Levrone was curling?
Scouser on Tour

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2006, 11:08:45 AM »
for guys who constantly brag about how much weight they handle i'd expect a lot more, i've seen guys curl 130lb. db's and women lifters incline 120's.

so let me get this straight, in order to not get ripped on by sarcasm you have to walk into the gym and start working out with your max weight, anything else is unacceptable...so what Branch and Jonnie should have done was walk in grab the 200's-no warm up and start repping out...if they get injured, well fuck it cause if they don't max out for every photo shoot they are pussies.   
nasser=piece of shit

21Guns

• Getbig II
  • Only the strong surive
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2006, 02:05:29 PM »
don't knock partials.theres a reason you always see big guys doing them.It gives you continuous tension on muscle,and allows heavier weight

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2006, 02:19:44 PM »
id say they are harder....can't lock out to take a break. plus lockin out puts strain on teh joints.
bodybuildersreality.com

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2006, 08:41:16 PM »
Ya, partials are real hard. ::)

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2006, 10:36:28 PM »
What the hell does the width of their stance on a squat have to do with range of motion? No matter how how wide your stance, you still have to squat to a certain depth. Stance has nothing to do with range of motion. As previously said you have never been to a PL meet or you've never squatted before, or both.

Using a wider stance definitely means a shorter range of motion. It's just basic geometry that the bar is moving a shorter distance. I can't believe anyone would dispute this.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2006, 11:02:10 PM »
Are you serious or just high?

Have you been to a powerlifting meet?

The form has to be tight and clean or the rep doesn't count.

These are regulation reps that are judged.

First of all, you really don't have the slightest fucking clue what "form" is. I would hardly call bench presses performed with an extreme arch or squats/deadlifts performed with a sumo stance examples of "good form". Nevertheless, most powerlifting organizations allow such abominations in their meets. Powerlifting really has very little to do with proper lifting form, especially today. But even in the olden days of powerlifting you had lifters such as the great Bob Peoples who rounded their backs when deadlifting, etc. I wouldn't call that "good form" either.

Second of all, just because SOME powerlifters use good form in a MEET doesn't mean they TRAIN with good form. I've seen lots of powerlifters use loose form in the gym. One of the strongest guys I ever saw used absolutely terrible form when benching in the gym. He would literally drop the bar once it was halfway down and bounce it off his chest.

I hope this little lifting lesson has been enlightening for you, my Mexican friend.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2006, 01:17:08 AM »
First of all, you really don't have the slightest fucking clue what "form" is. I would hardly call bench presses performed with an extreme arch or squats/deadlifts performed with a sumo stance examples of "good form". Nevertheless, most powerlifting organizations allow such abominations in their meets. Powerlifting really has very little to do with proper lifting form, especially today. But even in the olden days of powerlifting you had lifters such as the great Bob Peoples who rounded their backs when deadlifting, etc. I wouldn't call that "good form" either.

Second of all, just because SOME powerlifters use good form in a MEET doesn't mean they TRAIN with good form. I've seen lots of powerlifters use loose form in the gym. One of the strongest guys I ever saw used absolutely terrible form when benching in the gym. He would literally drop the bar once it was halfway down and bounce it off his chest.

I hope this little lifting lesson has been enlightening for you, my Mexican friend.
What  is your problem with the sumo deadlift?  I've seen you start a thread about how Sumo deads are for pussies.  Brian Siders is one of the best powerlifters out there right now and he uses a sumo stance, as do half of the powerlifters in europe.  Just because you dont like it doesnt mean it's bad form.

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2006, 11:59:44 AM »

Agree...PL is about moving the weight through the smallest ROM through these riduculous positions that the federations allow aided with slingshot shirts and power suits.  Not a true demonstration of strength, imo.  But of course, many people use sloppy form as well, from BB's to the regular gym rats.

Brooklyn lifter

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2006, 03:06:02 PM »
I would say that most of the buyers of the training vidoes are hardcore fans like the ones here. From what i have read, most of thse people, myself including, would like to see a hardcore/off season workout video (i am specificaly talking about JJ and Warren).

If they want to sell more vidoes, they should listen to their fans. I think these guys do not nearly handle the weights they claimed or they would have come out with some hardcore/offseason video by now. My 2 cents.