Author Topic: I am skipping legs workout today, I just don't see the point.  (Read 4917 times)

Uncle Junior

This whole notion that training legs indirectly allows your upper body to grow more is complete and utter bullshit of the highest degree.

If anything it takes away vital nutrients  from your weaker body parts that really need it, causes CNS exhaustion and Doms and fucks up the  rest of week for your other important/vital body parts.

Also we all know that strength increase have very little to do with muscular hypertrophy, therefore the theory that if your legs become stronger, suddenly you will dead lift more so your back becomes stronger and bigger which in turns allows you to bench more so your chest becomes stronger and bigger...la di da di da fucking da......... is just absolute utter bollox.

Eddie Abbew said once if you got weak body part you wanna bring up, just train that body part and ignore the rest for month or more and it will improve.

Gonna just train chest and shoulders for month straight now and ignore everything else, then I will do same for back.

I am beginning to think Basile was right.

What ya think?

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
Re: I am skipping legs workout today, I just don't see the point.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 04:03:22 AM »
I think it depends whether you are training natty or enhanced in this situation Joon. Training legs when natty you will stuff for 3-4 days after with DOMS and this can affect some people and hamper the intensity of future workouts. On the other hand I think there is something to be said of the big compound movements like squats actually raising test levels which is obviously favourable particularly when natty.

When on the juice though recovery times are so much quicker, you still feel sore but nowhere near to the same degree. I use this as a chance to train the whole body over the course of a week although I have focused on particularly weak body parts for extensive peroids to bring them up.

You have strong, decent legs no harm leaving them for a while and putting full focus into upper body....I have no doubt you will see great results.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 04:23:35 AM »
I think it depends whether you are training natty or enhanced in this situation Joon. Training legs when natty you will stuff for 3-4 days after with DOMS and this can affect some people and hamper the intensity of future workouts. On the other hand I think there is something to be said of the big compound movements like squats actually raising test levels which is obviously favourable particularly when natty.

When on the juice though recovery times are so much quicker, you still feel sore but nowhere near to the same degree. I use this as a chance to train the whole body over the course of a week although I have focused on particularly weak body parts for extensive peroids to bring them up.

You have strong, decent legs no harm leaving them for a while and putting full focus into upper body....I have no doubt you will see great results.

Thanks Rascall.

Here is my thinking about compound movements raising natty test and gh levels. Basically I think the effect is so miniscule that it literally makes no difference or sense. Think about it you have guys injecting exogenous test (say at 250mg/several times more that what the body can even produce naturally) and still they stall and plateau at a certain point so the argument about natty guys benefiting from better test & gh levels making fuck all difference for aesthetic purposes is just utter Flex Magazine bullshit.

No question on the sauce you recover way quicker but don't forget the intensity and strength goes way up too so progressively you are tearing down more and more muscle tissues which will need more and more nutrients to repair so I still think rest and recovery is huge issue even when on the sauce.

I am beginning to even think if there is even point to train anything other than, arms, chest, shoulders and traps for beach body physique and pulling birds.

I mean its not like chick gonna say "hey babe give me a lat spread" before she decides to fuck you. ::)

First they look at the face, then the chest, then the shoulder, arms and abs ....and makes decision.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 04:34:01 AM »
Big legs and ass looks awesome. Big squat numbers, joint health from ATG squats and increased strength of whole body is even more awesome.

Go do some squats you lazy fuck.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 04:37:15 AM »
Big legs and ass looks awesome. Big squat numbers, joint health from ATG squats and increased strength of whole body is even more awesome.

Why is it most people on here that got good legs like Jeff & Groink, even Halo don't do fucking squats. ???

I used to be really into squatting but now I just think its stupid. :-\

If I was gonna train legs I'd do hacks and leg extensions instead, nothing else needed.  8)

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2014, 04:39:06 AM »
Why is it most people on here that got good legs like Jeff & Groink, even Halo don't do fucking squats. ???

I used to be really into squatting but now I just think its stupid. :-\

If I was gonna train legs I'd do hacks and leg extensions instead, nothing else needed.  8)

Groink good legs? XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Halo has done more squats in his life than you could imagine, he was an olympic lifter for fuck's sake.

Squats are way healthier and safer than "hacks" or "leg extensions". Machines are a good way to fuck up your joints for good.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2014, 04:52:58 AM »

Halo has done more squats in his life than you could imagine, he was an olympic lifter for fuck's sake.

Squats are way healthier and safer than "hacks" or "leg extensions". Machines are a good way to fuck up your joints for good.

I don't care I am not squatting anymore, I'm done squatting, I quit squatting, my squatting days are over and I am in squat retirement

I was watching one youtube video with Layne Norton talking about some competitor in major show who has awesomest legs an he was like "let me fill you in on a secret about my legs I don't even train them directly anymore"....he was just using HIIT cardio for legs.

I will try and find the vid.

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2014, 04:54:56 AM »
This whole notion that training legs indirectly allows your upper body to grow more is complete and utter bullshit of the highest degree.

If anything it takes away vital nutrients  from your weaker body parts that really need it, causes CNS exhaustion and Doms and fucks up the  rest of week for your other important/vital body parts.

Also we all know that strength increase have very little to do with muscular hypertrophy, therefore the theory that if your legs become stronger, suddenly you will dead lift more so your back becomes stronger and bigger which in turns allows you to bench more so your chest becomes stronger and bigger...la di da di da fucking da......... is just absolute utter bollox.

Eddie Abbew said once if you got weak body part you wanna bring up, just train that body part and ignore the rest for month or more and it will improve.

Gonna just train chest and shoulders for month straight now and ignore everything else, then I will do same for back.

I am beginning to think Basile was right.

What ya think?

I think your a God damn pussy, you and your fucking pink letters... :-*

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2014, 04:57:22 AM »

Yes Groink has bird legs.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2014, 04:59:43 AM »
Yes Groink has bird legs.

No he has really nice  aesthetic shapely legs not gross ass ugly gorilla trunks that look like shit in suits.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2014, 05:03:32 AM »
And also if you gonna do physique show you don't even fucking get judged on it and physique guys look billion times better than bodybuilders anyway and get way more pussy and they don't train legs cos it's just dumb and big chunky legs gross out the chicks and look shit in trousers.

Squats and deadlifts are for dum asses who wanna train their ego

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2014, 05:03:58 AM »
No he has really nice  aesthetic shapely legs not gross ass ugly gorilla trunks that look like shit in suits.

Outed for calling a man's leg "shapely."
S

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2014, 05:06:20 AM »
And also if you gonna do physique show you don't even fucking get judged on it and physique guys look billion times better than bodybuilders anyway and get way more pussy and they don't train legs cos it's just dumb and big chunky legs gross out the chicks and look shit in trousers.

Squats and deadlifts are for dum asses who wanna train their ego

Yes keep telling yourself that, you fucking pussy... ::)

Why dont you just show us your "fabolous" physique so we all can have a good laugh at you... Come on, be a good sport now. :-*

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2014, 05:08:06 AM »
He has bird legs.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2014, 05:14:44 AM »
Yes keep telling yourself that, you fucking pussy... ::)

Why dont you just show us your "fabolous" physique so we all can have a good laugh at you... Come on, be a good sport now. :-*

Dude I posted so many pics and videos man, you can't say I am a pussy.

And I can still squat 400lb for like 6-8 reps like it ain't shit even though I got L4/L5 herniated disc from doing dumas squats when I was like 20 and ego maniac.

Squats are dumb.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2014, 05:15:50 AM »
He has bird legs.

No he doesn't  :(

He is a god, just accept it.

Probably has second best physique here after BigRo and he don't even fucking try.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2014, 05:17:12 AM »

LOL @ "joint health" and "ATG squats" anywhere near each other in a sentence. There are some that can do this, but I have shat-upon knees and lower-back from a ATG squat love.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2014, 05:20:02 AM »
No he doesn't  :(

He is a god, just accept it.

Probably has second best physique here after BigRo and he don't even fucking try.

So many others on here have way better Physqiue's than bird legs.  I can think of at least ten off the top of my head.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2014, 05:29:10 AM »
So many others on here have way better Physqiue's than bird legs.  I can think of at least ten off the top of my head.

Go on then...

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2014, 05:34:50 AM »
Go on then...
BigRo
Krankenstein
njflex
Hazbin
Galeinko
Skorp
OTH
Grant Michaels
Bigmc
UkJeff

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2014, 05:38:47 AM »
BigRo
Krankenstein
nijflex
Hazbin
Galeinko
Skorp
OTH
Grant Michaels
Bigmc
UkJeff

cswole (after meth)

Uncle Junior

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2014, 05:46:12 AM »
BigRo
Krankenstein
nijflex
Hazbin
Galeinko
Skorp
OTH
Grant Michaels
Bigmc
UkJeff

Only pics I have seen of above list is BigRo, Gal, Skorp & Jeff so if they don't post proper pics  or I haven't seen it they don't count.

No disrespect to anyone above but with exception of BigRo, Groink pisses all over above mentioned 3.

Dude is fucking tall and huge man, you got to be kidding me if you don't agree, if he got into contest shape he would literally outmass and rape all above 3 hands down no sweat (apart from Bigro who is in league of his own).

This is truth and simple as that, lets just stay objective here Karen.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2014, 05:49:08 AM »
Dont give them up, just maintain a bit below your best while you focus on upper.
Recently gave up squats for 3 month, the result = more knee pain, stiffer, less monuverability to the point getting down and up from kneeling was difficult.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2014, 05:52:07 AM »
Dont give them up, just maintain a bit below your best while you focus on upper.
Recently gave up squats for 3 month, the result = more knee pain, stiffer, less monuverability to the point getting down and up from kneeling was difficult.

Yeah like literally all I am gonna do for legs now is like 4 sets of leg extensions and 4 sets of hamstring curls, (drop set style + rest pause) thrown in end of an upper body workout once every 3 weeks or so, that's it.

No fucking bothering with legs anymore its just a waste of time and energy, where as I come be focusing on chest, shoulders and arms and the business end of what matters.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2014, 05:53:42 AM »
If I didn't train my legs with heavy free-weights, I would lose some self respect. My self image would decrease.