Author Topic: 90% of Gym Rats literally have no clue what musculature failure is.  (Read 1342 times)

Uncle Junior

It's beyond a joke and retarded. ::)

So these days I am getting asked more and more to train people (usually gym rat twinks) who are marveling at my new found muscles and physique with my new found air of authority and prestige that carries and I am climbing higher and higher on the alpha male ladder of respectability each day.  8)

So I am training this young kid Chrissy in the gym doing shoulders, pretty tall strong 18 year old natty kid. Good kid but no mind muscle connection powers yet. >:(

So I am getting him to do dumbbell shoulder presses and after few pyramid sets he maxes out on 90lbs for like 10 with spot from me on last 2 reps.

So now he drops the weight huffs and puffs and he's like I am "done with that" lets to lateral raises. ;D

I am like yeah the fuck you are, pick up the 70lbs NOW, hurry the fuck up quick, no resting. So he picks em up and bangs out another 5-6 with spot.

Now he's crying like a bitch "man so fucking brutal" can we do laterals now. :'( :'( :'(

I am like you ain't fucking done yet sunshine pick up the 50's, hurry up don't fucking piss me off, so screams out another 3-4. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Now I am like pick up the fucking 20's, keeping going and he going red like lobster.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Then I get him to do fucking rest pause, 3 reps, 10 second rest, 3 reps and again.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Now I am getting him to do fucking negatives me hanging down weight form top. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I tell him "Now that's failure" sunny boy.  :o 8) 8)

He said he never gonna let me train him again and he gonna be dead by 25 if he did. :D

Fucking kids these days. ::)

Pisses me off. >:(

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: 90% of Gym Rats literally have no clue what musculature failure is.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 06:37:50 AM »
Needs more emoticons for increased readability.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 06:46:27 AM »
Any cliff-notes (sans emoticons)???

Awww.. forget it. Like YOU know what you are talking about when it comes to maximum muscle activation and hypertrophy.

Purple font. Always seems like a little girl is posting...

You are legendary though, just like Chick and Anapukeicho

Uncle Junior

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 06:57:31 AM »
Any cliff-notes (sans emoticons)???

Awww.. forget it. Like YOU know what you are talking about when it comes to maximum muscle activation and hypertrophy.

Purple font. Always seems like a little girl is posting...

You are legendary though, just like Chick and Anapukeicho

Who was chick?  ???

Was she a chick? :-\

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 07:00:15 AM »
At least you understand the art of trolling / being delusional...

This whole notion that training legs indirectly allows your upper body to grow more is complete and utter bullshit of the highest degree.

If anything it takes away vital nutrients  from your weaker body parts that really need it, causes CNS exhaustion and Doms and fucks up the  rest of week for your other important/vital body parts.

Also we all know that strength increase have very little to do with muscular hypertrophy, therefore the theory that if your legs become stronger, suddenly you will dead lift more so your back becomes stronger and bigger which in turns allows you to bench more so your chest becomes stronger and bigger...la di da di da fucking da......... is just absolute utter bollox.

Eddie Abbew said once if you got weak body part you wanna bring up, just train that body part and ignore the rest for month or more and it will improve.

Gonna just train chest and shoulders for month straight now and ignore everything else, then I will do same for back.

I am beginning to think Basile was right.

What ya think?

Uncle Junior

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2014, 07:11:04 AM »
At least you understand the art of trolling / being delusional...

Don't get it? ???

What's not wanting to do leg training got to do with true muscle failure in other body parts? ::)

I am confused by your post.  :-\

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2014, 07:22:04 AM »
Don't get it? ???

What's not wanting to do leg training got to do with true muscle failure in other body parts? ::)

I am confused by your post.  :-\

It indirectly tells me that you're not truly devoted to lift. In case you are, you dive deep in EVERY muscle group. Your legs are roughly 50% of your body, so train them before someone calls you a gym rat.

As for muscular failure, there's no need to go to failure each time. I believe it's counterproductive on the long run. Smart lifting means applying some kind of periodisation.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2014, 07:59:44 AM »
This post is a good example about being all about yourself. And what a muscle marvel, great inspiration to common people and  trainer you are...the ultimate ego trip.

The "gym rat" (real or not ) ploy is only used to highlight yourself. Using color letters and whatever faces is about someone who seeks attention or just doesn't understand. Guy's who use all caps can be included.  That stuff should have stopped in grade school.

Your muscle failure concepts is totally misguided. Thinking maybe your have been reading too many muscle mags and watching too many "How Mr. Big Ball's of 2010 trains" video's. And all the other crap on how the Pro's train and their secret methods.

Far as being pissed of:  better to be pissed off than pissed on.

F

Uncle Junior

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2014, 08:04:49 AM »
This post is a good example about being all about yourself. And what a muscle marvel, great inspiration to common people and  trainer you are...the ultimate ego trip.

The "gym rat" (real or not ) ploy is only used to highlight yourself. Using color letters and whatever faces is about someone who seeks attention or just doesn't understand. Guy's who use all caps can be included.  That stuff should have stopped in grade school.

Your muscle failure concepts is totally misguided. Thinking maybe your have been reading too many muscle mags and watching too many "How Mr. Big Ball's of 2010 trains" video's. And all the other crap on how the Pro's train and their secret methods.

Far as being pissed of:  better to be pissed off than pissed on.

If you are trying to suggest I am one of the biggest attention whores you have ever met on an internet forum or that I am an egocentric narcissist and a trolling maniac, tell me how is this news exactly?

Oh and I like golden showers.

Hope this helps

Mwah
x0x0

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2014, 08:09:46 AM »
musculature failure? are you defining your own physique or a physical process?
follow the arrows

Uncle Junior

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2014, 08:17:56 AM »
musculature failure? are you defining your own physique or a physical process?

What I am saying in a nutshell is as follows:

Lets use dumbbell shoulder press as an example.

Does 1 set of 12 reps with light weight (warm up)
Another set of 12 with heavier weight  (warm up)
Does heaviest set for 12 reps where he fails on the 12 reps and thinks "yep that's muscle failure" job done.

What he doesn't seem to understand is that his muscles (in this case delts) have just failed WITH THAT WEIGHT for 12 reps (thinks job is done) but that is not true muscle failure.

True muscle failure = repeatedly dropping the weight down each time and carrying on until you can't even press you own hands over head

And using rest pause to briefly rest (i.e. 5-10 seconds) and bust out more reps.

1 or 2 sets like this and your job is done.

I am sick of people repeating the same thing they did in the previous set over and over and over again thinking its going to make fuck all difference.

You just repeating the same stimuli you exerted in the previous set, took a couple minutes rest and repeated it, this DOES NOT = PROGRESS.

Its so fucking simple, you have to go beyond what u did last time.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2014, 08:20:21 AM »
follow the arrows