Author Topic: Why did getbig.com become so crazy?  (Read 12887 times)

falco

• Getbig V
Re: Why did getbig.com become so crazy?
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2014, 01:23:53 PM »
2002/2003 Mayhem vs. getbig

Good times.

I apologize my ignorance. What was Mayhem?

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2014, 09:05:17 AM »
I apologize my ignorance. What was Mayhem?
Muscle Mayhem. It was owned by Chad Nichols

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2014, 05:37:55 PM »
Muscle Mayhem. It was owned by Chad Nichols

Not to be confused with Anabolic Mayhem.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2014, 08:37:51 PM »
Not to be confused with Anabolic Mayhem.

I frequently confuse Donald Trump or Mark Cuban for Vince Goodrum

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2014, 07:58:14 AM »
Started back in 2003 i believe, with the insurgence of SquadFather and his contemporaries.

But in the end, it all has to do with our Commander in Chief the Ronfather. He had a special vision where the word and message was free.

On every BB-forum at that time the word was quickly spread, that on Getbig, you could speak the truth without being so heavily moderated like on other sites, where they removed posts and banned users for just opening their hearts.

Finally, everyone found what they've been looking after for years. Sanctuary.

Squadfather wasn't around in fucking 2003..... ::)
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2014, 08:18:30 AM »
Those were the days of the forum raids.

GetBig members would unite in groups of 10 and visit neighboring bodybuilding forums and wreak havoc in the middle of the night.

By early morning hours, all that was left of those forums were bits and pieces of some semblance of order.

"1"

Yea, I remember when everyone from Getbig came over to Muscle Mayhem and started trashing everyone.......actually made me return back to Getbig.

Of course, once I came back I had to do a couple of my own.....such as this classic tidbit when MD.com first opened their forums in 2006

http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/showthread.php/908-I-m-trying-to-save-on-gas-Need-some-advice?highlight=
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2014, 09:44:06 AM »

Yea, I remember when everyone from Getbig came over to Muscle Mayhem and started trashing everyone.......actually made me return back to Getbig.

Of course, once I came back I had to do a couple of my own.....such as this classic tidbit when MD.com first opened their forums in 2006

http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/showthread.php/908-I-m-trying-to-save-on-gas-Need-some-advice?highlight=
Sum good posting in that MD thread Vince.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2014, 05:05:19 PM »

What some of you might not know is that Vince has been around these forums for close to 2 decades.

The man has seen practically all things BB forum related.

"1"

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2014, 09:49:24 PM »
What some of you might not know is that Vince has been around these forums for close to 2 decades.

The man has seen practically all things BB forum related.

"1"

Yea...scary how back in 93-94 before the internet was actually big, we posted in newsgroups on a Usenet System such as alt.misc.binaries.bodybu ilding for example.  They were the discussion forums and oddly enough they work quite similar to regular forums. That's where I first met Patrick Arnold, Rinhard,  Dan Duchaine, Rinard, Mr X....and of course Ron.  There was very few people that had internet access

At the time I was using an Atari 1040STF...it had no hard drive, a DD disk drive, 1 meg of RAM, and ran at 8mhz.  My modem was a Cardinal Haynes 2400 baud modem that looked like this...try trolling with this thing on your desk ;D

I eventually got a 14.4k for the computer but I got the cheapest thing I could find at the time (Making 4.25 an hour at Taco Bell doesn't get you much).   Besides that, with an Atari ST, there was nothing but text to download so it didn't make any difference.

I don't miss those days one bit....just the people
A

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2014, 12:42:08 PM »

Yea...scary how back in 93-94 before the internet was actually big, we posted in newsgroups on a Usenet System such as alt.misc.binaries.bodybu ilding for example.  They were the discussion forums and oddly enough they work quite similar to regular forums. That's where I first met Patrick Arnold, Rinhard,  Dan Duchaine, Rinard, Mr X....and of course Ron.  There was very few people that had internet access

At the time I was using an Atari 1040STF...it had no hard drive, a DD disk drive, 1 meg of RAM, and ran at 8mhz.  My modem was a Cardinal Haynes 2400 baud modem that looked like this...try trolling with this thing on your desk ;D

I eventually got a 14.4k for the computer but I got the cheapest thing I could find at the time (Making 4.25 an hour at Taco Bell doesn't get you much).   Besides that, with an Atari ST, there was nothing but text to download so it didn't make any difference.

I don't miss those days one bit....just the people

80s BBSs, remember those?  I used to rock a Hayes 300 baud on a Mac 512k.  Someone's post would download across the screen at the same rate you could read it!