Author Topic: Border agent laments gang members entering U.S.: ‘Why are we letting him in here  (Read 4105 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Go ahead left, spin this...

Border Patrol officials are swamped by the number of minors crossing illegally into the United States and frustrated that they can’t turn away known Mexican gang members.

Chris Cabrera, vice president of the National Border Patrol Council Local 3307 in the Rio Grande Valley, said that confirmed gang members in Mexico — including those from Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13) — are coming into the country to be reunited with their families, National Review reported Friday.

SEE ALSO: Border Patrol changing diapers, heating baby formula for surge of children

“If he’s a confirmed gang member in his own country, why are we letting him in here? … I’ve heard people come in and say, ‘You’re going to let me go, just like you let my mother go, just like you let my sister go. You’re going to let me go as well, and the government’s going to take care of us,’” Mr. Cabrera told the magazine.

He said that the only way to solve the problem was to implement harsher restrictions on who can be allowed to cross.

“Until we start mandatory detentions, mandatory removals, I don’t think anything is going to change. As a matter of fact, I think it’s going to get worse,” he said, National Review reported.

Other Border Patrol officials said that officers must treat minors with gang-affiliated tattoos the same as anybody else wishing to cross the border.

“It’s upsetting that a lot of them are 16 pr 17 years old and a lot of them are not going to face deportation,” said Art Del Cueto, president of the National Border Patrol Council Local 2544 in Tucson, Ariz, National Review reported.

Mr. Cabrera told the news agency that the Rio Grande Valley location has nine stations. The largest facility is in McAllen, Texas, with a capacity of 275 people. Its agents sees between 700 and 1,500 people daily.

© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/14/border-agents-lament-mexican-gang-members-entering/#ixzz34j11Mwry
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Go ahead left, spin this...

Dude, ya can't blame "the left" anymore for this illegal alien bullshit.  Repubs are doing everything they can to support amnesty.  A few aren't, but the big names - Rubio, Jeb, Ryan, Cantor, Rand, Christie... They're ALL supporting Amnesty now.

What's happening is disgusting, but you can't blame democrats anymore for it. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Dude, ya can't blame "the left" anymore for this illegal alien bullshit.  Repubs are doing everything they can to support amnesty.  A few aren't, but the big names - Rubio, Jeb, Ryan, Cantor, Rand, Christie... They're ALL supporting Amnesty now.

What's happening is disgusting, but you can't blame democrats anymore for it.  

Dude, pretty sure this was in place before those guys signed on to it. Many are regretting it.....exept the left who thinks it's a great idea. Besides, were talking about letting gang members in. I don't even have that much of a problem with hard working people coming in as long as they kill our system

240 is Back

• Getbig V

Dude, pretty sure this was in place before those guys signed on to it. Many are regretting it.....exept the left who thinks it's a great idea. Besides, were talking about letting gang members in. I don't even have that much of a problem with hard working people coming in as long as they kill our system

you're okay with amnesty and letting illegals stay?   ?????????????????????

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
you're okay with amnesty and letting illegals stay?   ?????????????????????

No way in hell you're going to round up and deport that many illegals. You stop the ones trying to get in. The damage has been done.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Border agent laments gang members entering U.S.
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 10:47:33 AM »
Stop arming Mexican drug gangs and stop letting their members enter our country....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
No way in hell you're going to round up and deport that many illegals. You stop the ones trying to get in. The damage has been done.

???

Yes, but they CAN make it so cost-prohibitive to hire illegals that they leave.  And they CAN make is so they deport 100% of illegals they catch.

Just saying "Oh, you can stay..."  - Dude, they're BREAKING THE LAW!  Yes, they're doing it to work, some of them, but they are BREAKING THE LAW by being here.  And they're using up public resources designed for Americans, while not contributing because they're illegal.

I had no idea you endorsed letting the illegals stay.  You call ME a lib?  LOL!  I'm all for drying up the conditions for work, and booting every single one you catch.  And I am the lib?  Come on dude, I had no idea you supported this amnesty stuff :( :( :(

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Why are we letting gangmembers though our boarder?
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 11:41:28 AM »
???

Yes, but they CAN make it so cost-prohibitive to hire illegals that they leave.  And they CAN make is so they deport 100% of illegals they catch.

No they can't. Like I said the damage has been done. There are a lot good people who came here and made it right and legal. Raised their families, etc. If you do it to the Mexicans you have to do it for all and that ain't going to happen. BUT, if they break the law and their Illegal you send them back. BTW, no way in hell would businesses do what you suggest.  

Just saying "Oh, you can stay..."  - Dude, they're BREAKING THE LAW!  Yes, they're doing it to work, some of them, but they are BREAKING THE LAW by being here.  And they're using up public resources designed for Americans, while not contributing because they're illegal.

True, they are breaking the law. But again, you're not going to round up millions and send them back. It's impossible.

I had no idea you endorsed letting the illegals stay.  You call ME a lib?  LOL!  I'm all for drying up the conditions for work, and booting every single one you catch.  And I am the lib?  Come on dude, I had no idea you supported this amnesty stuff :( :( :(

I'm not in favor it. But again (and again and again) for the one's who break the law, you send them back. And you sure as hell don't let them in. Time to close the boarders. I have NO PROBLEM blowing away gangmembers

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
Is it 'the left' Coach?  ;D

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
Joe, some on Getbig says that you're Mexican too or at least have Mexican ancestry. If so, how did you or your forefathers get here?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Joe, some on Getbig says that you're Mexican too or at least have Mexican ancestry. If so, how did you or your forefathers get here?

Not even close to Mexican nor any ancestry.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
"I'm not in favor it. But again (and again and again) for the one's who break the law, you send them back. And you sure as hell don't let them in. Time to close the boarders. I have NO PROBLEM blowing away gangmembers "

Dude - If they're on USA soil - THEYRE ALREADY BREAKING THE LAW.   DAILY.

They don't give a shit about the law here.   

So - to clarify - you're okay if they stay as long as they don't commit OTHER crimes?  Is that it?  You're cool with them committing SOME crimes, tho, right?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
"I'm not in favor it. But again (and again and again) for the one's who break the law, you send them back. And you sure as hell don't let them in. Time to close the boarders. I have NO PROBLEM blowing away gangmembers "

Dude - If they're on USA soil - THEYRE ALREADY BREAKING THE LAW.   DAILY.

They don't give a shit about the law here.   

So - to clarify - you're okay if they stay as long as they don't commit OTHER crimes?  Is that it?  You're cool with them committing SOME crimes, tho, right?

And there isn't shit anyone can do about it. That's the point. They're here. A send them back if they break the law but they sure as hell are not going to go back voluntarily.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Seriously, any "conservative" that supports letting these lawbreakers stay - Well, I think you lose your ability to call ANYONE a liberal.  

"Oh, we can't stop crime, so we might as well accept it"?

Sorry, but I can't agree with that.  There IS something we can do about it.  We can fine employers $10k per employee.  We can kick out 100% of the illegals we catch. 

I'm shocked you have this position, man.   It's your right as an american to have this position, of course... but if you're going to call me a liberal and at the same time say "We should let these lawbreakers stay because, well, we just can't stop them"   ???

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Seriously, any "conservative" that supports letting these lawbreakers stay - Well, I think you lose your ability to call ANYONE a liberal.  

"Oh, we can't stop crime, so we might as well accept it"?

Sorry, but I can't agree with that.  There IS something we can do about it.  We can fine employers $10k per employee.  We can kick out 100% of the illegals we catch. 

I'm shocked you have this position, man.   It's your right as an american to have this position, of course... but if you're going to call me a liberal and at the same time say "We should let these lawbreakers stay because, well, we just can't stop them"   ???

Tired of rehashing it.

T-REX007

• Getbig III
The federal govt. has gotten too big- way out of control
The brilliant idea of federalism put forward by the founding fathers- ( states rights with LIMITED fed. involvement ) is all but dead now
Ron Reagan had it right when he said " a govt. big enough to give you all you need, is big enough to TAKE all you have "- or to that affect he said
George Washington was also absolutely right when he said to FEAR political parties because of the possibility of what they could turn into or the amount of control they would eventually have over the system - the founding fathers were GENIUS in so many ways

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Tired of rehashing it.

I had no idea you were on board with "letting the illegals stay".

They break the law daily.  They siphon US resources.  Until mid-November 2012, repubs were AGAINST amnesty.

Now that talk radio suddenly supports it, voila, everyone's like "Oh, what can we do, we're helpless..."

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Border agent laments gang members entering U.S.:
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2014, 05:25:20 PM »
You have to define amnesty and the terms you'll accept it under. Do I want a blanket amnesty for all illegals?  Fuck no...do I want strict border enforcement BEFORE we discuss the disposition of the current crop of illegals?  Yes...yes I do.   Coach is right...you are NEVER going to get the toothpaste back in the tube and be rid of all of the illegals here now.  You need to strictly enforce whatever guidelines we can re assimilation (learn English). watch the NFL instead of soccer, etc... etc... but those guys aren't going home and we don't have the manpower, resources or the collective will to round them up and ship them out

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
Re: Border agent laments gang members entering U.S.:
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2014, 05:55:57 PM »
You have to define amnesty and the terms you'll accept it under. Do I want a blanket amnesty for all illegals?  Fuck no...do I want strict border enforcement BEFORE we discuss the disposition of the current crop of illegals?  Yes...yes I do.   Coach is right...you are NEVER going to get the toothpaste back in the tube and be rid of all of the illegals here now.

All at once, you mean?

You need to strictly enforce whatever guidelines we can re assimilation (learn English). watch the NFL instead of soccer, etc... etc... but those guys aren't going home and we don't have the manpower, resources or the collective will to round them up and ship them out

What?

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
No, 240's right. You hit the people who'd employ the workers. Simple.

After that, I'm all for spreading Democracy where we can. And if someone wants to hang around as a non-citizen, I won't have a problem with that, either.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
Seriously, though. I am sick of the soccer bullshit being pushed on us.

Media is SO full of it. Can't stand it for one minute.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
‘Why are we letting him in here
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2014, 06:36:55 PM »
No, 240's right. You hit the people who'd employ the workers. Simple.

After that, I'm all for spreading Democracy where we can. And if someone wants to hang around as a non-citizen, I won't have a problem with that, either.

1. I'm not for it BUT with the millions that we already have here there is really nothing you can do about. Many Illegals, especially Mexican's have their own businesses, gardeners, maintenance, hauling, tree trimming, etc. People who hire them are not going to give them up because of the lower cost of service.

2. For those businesses that employ Illegals...there is nothing they can do about that either. If an Illegal comes in to get hired, it's the law that they have to present a SS card. While it's true that they are more than likely fake, it's not the employers job to verify whether it is or not. This is one thing that I think that should be changed. Give the employer the power and right to protect his/her business by verifying the paperwork.

3. If, somehow you deport, you disrupt that business by them having to raise the cost of goods and services by forcing them to raise the costs. The Illegals that have been here for along time, that love this country for opportunity, will go through the channels to get legal.

4. The ones that come here and cause trouble? Get them the fuck out asap.

5. CLOSE THE BOARDERS and don't let anymore in. I just read today that we let something like 35000 in a day (week or month, cant remember off hand) that's insane that this even happening.

6. For God's sake crack down on "sanctuary" cities. We have some serious dumbass politicians that allow this.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
Re: ‘Why are we letting him in here
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2014, 07:05:37 PM »
2. For those businesses that employ Illegals...there is nothing they can do about that either. If an Illegal comes in to get hired, it's the law that they have to present a SS card. While it's true that they are more than likely fake, it's not the employers job to verify whether it is or not. This is one thing that I think that should be changed. Give the employer the power and right to protect his/her business by verifying the paperwork.

While it might not be the be-all end-all solution, employers can use E-verify along with I-9, correct?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2014, 07:20:17 PM »
While it might not be the be-all end-all solution, employers can use E-verify along with I-9, correct?

That's a great point. Honestly I'm not sure of enrollment, costs of e verify or how many businesses incorporate it. 

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2014, 07:56:53 PM »
1. I'm not for it BUT with the millions that we already have here there is really nothing you can do about. Many Illegals, especially Mexican's have their own businesses, gardeners, maintenance, hauling, tree trimming, etc. People who hire them are not going to give them up because of the lower cost of service.

Then they'd have to do the time just like anyone else that runs a business using illegal workers. (In other words: Since you can't reasonably bust the person getting painting services off craigslist, the guy that's operating the business gets to take the bust, as he should - just like any other business owner).

Yes. Immediately, if not sooner.

3. If, somehow you deport, you disrupt that business by them having to raise the cost of goods and services by forcing them to raise the costs. The Illegals that have been here for along time, that love this country for opportunity, will go through the channels to get legal.

Good. They've been operating illegally. Party's over for the criminals.

Let the competition take the opportunity to stick the knife deep.

4. The ones that come here and cause trouble? Get them the fuck out asap.

Yes.

5. CLOSE THE BOARDERS and don't let anymore in. I just read today that we let something like 35000 in a day (week or month, cant remember off hand) that's insane that this even happening.

If we start leaning on the people that employ illegally, the border becomes millions of times more manageable. It really is that easy (and it is the only proper, fair way to go about it. So it's a win-win.)

6. For God's sake crack down on "sanctuary" cities. We have some serious dumbass politicians that allow this.

Crack down time. That's right. We'll bust wherever we need to bust. Doesn't matter what the mayor thinks.