Author Topic: Shoulder pain  (Read 10395 times)

MassRuhlz

• Getbig II
  • Mass Ruhlz
Shoulder pain
« on: January 26, 2006, 03:47:57 AM »
Kills to bench press......incline and flat bench....hope it goes away

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
Re: Shoulder pain
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 03:52:53 AM »
same exact problem. i only bench like every 2 months to try out my strength. a great way to rehab it is to switch to dumbells and try holding them at different angles until you find one that doesn't hurt. if you do exercises for your front delts that can do it. if you do behind the neck presses stop immediately.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 11:48:00 AM »
Kills to bench press......incline and flat bench....hope it goes away

Yeah me too. And lately its gotten worse cause I started going heavier. Been going light recently and putting ice on it.

If I raise my arm straight up in the air with palm facing down and lower it straight down to my thigh it clicks  :-\

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 11:53:36 AM »
that's the identical thing that i have! stop bench presses. do dumbells and turn your palms slightly and find the groove for it not to hurt. and dont do behind neck presses. i had that problem bigtime. still hasn't gone away totally.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 10:49:11 AM »
You all sound like you have symptoms of arthritits.  It happens to many lifters and only gets worse :(   Gloucosamine works wonders on early stages. 
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Doc Savage

• Getbig II
  • Master debater. Cunning linguist
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 05:05:33 PM »
Does it hurt in the shoulders or pec area?

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 05:22:09 PM »
my shoulders hurt. in the front. to do front raises. upright rows, bench press, shoulder presses when i'm not warmed up. and now that i'm working in a car wash my front delts hurt from that.

Drij

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 11:12:21 PM »
for all of you what was the first signs? did you have cracking sounds in your shoulders?

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 06:21:29 AM »
bench press pain

Doc Savage

• Getbig II
  • Master debater. Cunning linguist
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 12:54:41 PM »
...could be one of a dozen things.  Get an exam.

youngguns

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 03:33:18 PM »
I'm 20 years old and have had my shoulder reconstructed twice. Football injuries. every day is a battle in the gym with pain. I have arthrities in both of them now. Being so young this really sucks. So I can tell any one out there with shoulder pain to not mess around get it checked out, take a break, any thing to take care of them. I now can train heavy and manage the pain easily but the doc told me if I had waited just a couple years I would be imobile in my right shoulder by the time i was thirty. Brothers and sisters take care of your shoulders because it is not a good feeling to have your girlfriend put your shirt on for you.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2006, 07:51:17 PM »
damn

today i started with incline bench press.    on my first work set after 3 reps i felt a real sharp pain in the back/middle of my left shoulder.  had to stop.  i did a back workout instead.  i will wait a few days and try chest again

this has happened once before about 8 months ago.  during todays workout i think i know how i might hasve tweaked it, when i was doing DB rows i could tell taht if i jerked it too much that is wehre i had hurt it.

it is really frustrating, it better get better. FUCK
Valhalla awaits.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2006, 08:14:01 PM »
listen. you can definately work out chest but do it with dumbells

Aidan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2006, 02:18:47 AM »
Yup I get this too, it just started with cracking in the shoulder joints doing the 'windmill' warmup or lateral raises. Now it hurts doing presses and I can't do heavy lateral raises. I go to make sure my hand position is spot on for presses and be careful when bringing the bar to my chest. Also I can't do upright rows because the pain is too bad and any press exercise which works dominantly the front delts, ie - military press.

youngguns

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2006, 04:51:33 PM »
I can do most everything except the worst part about it is i can't do regular squats only front squats. I also have to stay away from any flye movements.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2006, 07:31:06 PM »
People with shoulder problems are much better off doing dumbell presses rather than barbell bench presses.

youngguns

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 09:34:06 AM »
Barbell press on a smith machine is the way to go if you want to still barbell press but I agree bro. Dumbells especially arnold presses are my bread and butter! I don't know about you guys but any cable or machines hurt worse because they don't allow your range they force a certain ROM.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2006, 12:00:18 PM »
I have had shoulder problems from heavy benching throughout the years. I got bursitis a couple years back and joint has never been as good.
   I would recommend supplementing with Glucosamine, this shit is working for my shoulder and other joints as well. Did some reading on it first. It supports ligament and tendon repair and growth. I have been using it for a short while and allready noticable diff. In fact all the discomfort is gone. ;)
h

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2006, 05:13:49 PM »
what brand do you use and where do you get it?

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2006, 05:54:17 PM »
Two words, shoulder horn..

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2006, 06:00:30 PM »
what does that mean?

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2006, 06:04:41 PM »
The muscle around the rotator cuff needs work. Your Chest can handle the weight, but your rotator can't.  Need a shoulder horn ;)

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2006, 06:11:09 PM »
what IS a shoulder horn?

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2006, 06:16:16 PM »

gibberj2

• Getbig IV