Author Topic: 16 year old 450lb single arm tire flip  (Read 4824 times)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Re: 16 year old 450lb single arm tire flip
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2014, 12:58:45 PM »

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2014, 01:01:16 PM »
400lb Tire Flips

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2014, 01:01:42 PM »
Have you ever box squatted?

He didn't even know what it was until I posted it.

Simple Simon

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2014, 01:04:42 PM »
Have you ever box squatted?
I value my spine.

the trainer

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2014, 01:04:55 PM »
So the coach copied crossfit and now he calls it MPF systems, guess he is too cheap to pay to be certified.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2014, 01:12:00 PM »
Box squats being a prime example of his sillyness

Get a bar on your back and prepare to squat, you go down into a squat position with every fibre of your musculature supporting your skeletal structure then what do you do, you sit on a box totally relaxing your quads glutes and lower back, the weight still on the shoulders then bears down on the spine, the weakest area (L4 & L5 joints) take all the strain.

Ideal way to blow out a disc.

I like your posts a lot but disagree with this completely.  I've box squatted almost exclusively for over a year now and find it much, much safer.
Y

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2014, 01:13:03 PM »
:D

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=814692918550021&set=vb.118339598185360&type=2&theater

Could you get Jason Genova in shape?

Why don't you fly him out for publicity and get him a six pack?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2014, 01:16:11 PM »
Coach runs a multimillion dollar nationally renowned training center, yet the experts on getbig still know more than him about training!  :D

Simple Simon

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2014, 01:17:03 PM »
I like your posts a lot but disagree with this completely.  I've box squatted almost exclusively for over a year now and find it much, much safer.
We are all different mate, my low back wouldnt stand it.
I avoid squats totally.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2014, 01:20:41 PM »
We are all different mate, my low back wouldnt stand it.
I avoid squats totally.

Should have said that in the beginning instead of making blanket statements.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2014, 02:21:00 PM »
Only if he were taught wrong.

what is proper form on the one handed giant tire flip? is the leg kick at the end were he bumps it with his hip kinda and turns his body correct?

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2014, 06:34:16 PM »
coach probably doesn't understand the basics of physics

The guy comes across cocky as hell when he gets results with high school athletes. No shit anything a high school athlete will do will work.  ::)

take a  d1 college  football player who's been running a 4.6 for four years straight and get him to run  a 4.5, then I'll be impressed.
l

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2014, 06:55:35 PM »

The guy comes across cocky as hell when he gets results with high school athletes. No shit anything a high school athlete will do will work.  ::)

take a  d1 college  football player who's been running a 4.6 for four years straight and get him to run  a 4.5, then I'll be impressed.

We've done that....and did it within an hour. But I'll do you one better. Take a high school freshman, see him develop throughout his/her high school years, watch them start a D1 school then get picked up by a pro team. Getting a talent already in college, get them a little stronger, tweak their running mechanics to help increase their athleticism is the easy part.  Incidentally, coaches look more at a 10/20 yard split than a 40 time in most cases.

phil mcgroin

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2014, 07:09:33 PM »
Its like anthing ,with enough practice you become very efficient at it.Ever see woman on stair machines they get so good at it they barely use any calories.They do it for hours and wonder why they are still fat.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2014, 07:29:54 PM »
We've done that....and did it within an hour. But I'll do you one better. Take a high school freshman, see him develop throughout his/her high school years, watch them start a D1 school then get picked up by a pro team. Getting a talent already in college, get them a little stronger, tweak their running mechanics to help increase their athleticism is the easy part.  Incidentally, coaches look more at a 10/20 yard split than a 40 time in most cases.

care to name the professional athletes you groomed from the time they were 14 years old?
l

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2014, 07:32:19 PM »
Its like anthing ,with enough practice you become very efficient at it.Ever see woman on stair machines they get so good at it they barely use any calories.They do it for hours and wonder why they are still fat.

yep. we all remember when we started training for the most part anything we did would make our bench press go up. Flyes, pushdowns, etc. Once I got past the 350 mark, I found only a specific few exercises did anything for my bench
l

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2014, 08:10:00 PM »

It's the long term issues that get you, I did it for a decade and put up some healthy numbers. Nowadays, hell no. Just going up to 455 was enough to remind me why I quit them.

High bar Oly squats > all

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2014, 08:10:25 PM »

I wrote an article relating to just that...

http://mpftrainingsystems.com/the-need-for-off-season-speed-its-not-what-you-think/

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2014, 08:32:43 PM »
Coach hopefully you know that Im just messing with you, I know your a bright guy its just that I don't agree with the westside system for training athletes. I don't have the credentials, but I have talked to guys who do. And the fact is that an athlete at an advanced level can not make gains training for multiple tasks at once or he will inevitably overtrain. The human organism simply can not adapt to the workload placed upon it at that level...   speed, strength, GPP, etc  must be developed in different phases of the training year...making the  block periodization method optimal.  (which the westside system disagrees with)

I know most of your kids are at the high school or college level and many times lack the strength and muscle mass..so yeah...using the conjugate/westside system might be optimal in this case.
l

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2014, 08:48:19 PM »
Coach hopefully you know that Im just messing with you, I know your a bright guy its just that I don't agree with the westside system for training athletes. I don't have the credentials, but I have talked to guys who do. And the fact is that an athlete at an advanced level can not make gains training for multiple tasks at once or he will inevitably overtrain. The human organism simply can not adapt to the workload placed upon it at that level...   speed, strength, GPP, etc  must be developed in different phases of the training year...making the  block periodization method optimal.  (which the westside system disagrees with)

I know most of your kids are at the high school or college level and many times lack the strength and muscle mass..so yeah...using the conjugate/westside system might be optimal in this case.

What do you mean by multiple tasks?

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2014, 02:54:23 AM »
Poor handicaped boy.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2014, 03:55:00 AM »

Ain't a full squat till your balls touch the floor

Simple Simon

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2014, 03:57:04 AM »
Did you get him to run downhill?

falco

• Getbig V