Author Topic: Does TRT cut years off your life?  (Read 11516 times)

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
Does TRT cut years off your life?
« on: June 24, 2014, 12:13:07 PM »
I have been thinking about the possibilities of TRT lately because my testosterone levels are on the low side. I am just curious if I go on TRT is it horrible for my body. Am I going to die 10 years younger. Ha ha ha I know these are slightly stupid questions but its hard to really know the answer's to them. I always thought TRT would be putting me at more risk for a heart attack and liver problems. But lately I have started to entertain the idea that maybe im wrong. And that maybe if I do have low testosterone its worse for me not to go on TRT. I just don't want to get on TRT if im sacrificing years off of my life or putting myself in a situation where im 50 and have a heart attack because of it.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
Re: Does TRT cut years off your life?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 12:53:56 PM »
My understanding as of the information I have read and people that I have spoken to is that taking a low dose of testosterone ie 200mg every 10 days is not damaging to health. In fact this can actually enhance ones well being, energy levels, libido, etc and help you to lead a happier and potentially more healthy lifestyle. I say potentially more healthy because I do believe you should have other factors such as diet and training in check as well in order to fully realise these benefits. Just injecting yourself with test every now and again in itself will not lead to good health. If you can utilise having more energy to work out, do cardio, get fit and enjoy a more rewarding lifestyle then I am personally all for it.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 01:28:43 PM »
My experience and understanding is that with monitoring by a doctor and the proper ancillaries it is not especially hazardous.  

• Periodic blood work
  • Controlling cholesterol with medications
  • Finasteride to check prostate hyperplasia and alopecia
  • Prostate tests

Simple Simon

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 01:37:32 PM »
it may cut years off, but they are the worst fucking years.

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 02:16:49 PM »

Lol dude that's fucking hilarious and true

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 03:45:37 PM »

haha do you think it keeps one from becoming really wise as it makes us feel as young men do and think of pussy more than spiritual enlightenment

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 07:00:36 PM »
If you've had high levels of testosterone your whole life and have been using testosterone since you were young and have been training hard and healthy etc I think that nothing would be wrong as you'd be able to maintain it.

If a 60 y/o diabetic starts taking 250mg every 14 days I think that would be disastrous

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 09:47:02 AM »
It can thicken your blood even at hrt doses.. Donating blood is necessary if you consider long term trt..

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 12:11:33 AM »
It can thicken your blood even at hrt doses.. Donating blood is necessary if you consider long term trt..

This even at a low dose if ur not giving blood watch your hemocrit(sp? Thick blood)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 12:20:03 AM »
This even at a low dose if ur not giving blood watch your hemocrit(sp? Thick blood)

I've never had that problem.

not on dr-monitored, pharma phizer cyp, not on 2g's/wk Mexican pharma, not on 7g's Mexican vet AAS, not on 6g's ugl, not with 1g/wk for a year of eq, not with 250mg/day anadrol.. never.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 12:23:23 AM »
does it cut years off your life? maybe.. but does it improve the quality of your life? yes.

you know what else cuts years off your life? depression.. and being poor and unmotivated.

you know who's not depressed? makes more money? is motivated? is assertive? is confident? etc... the list goes on..... men with high testosterone.

D.O.U.P

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 03:57:00 PM »
does it cut years off your life? maybe.. but does it improve the quality of your life? yes.

you know what else cuts years off your life? depression.. and being poor and unmotivated.

you know who's not depressed? makes more money? is motivated? is assertive? is confident? etc... the list goes on..... men with high testosterone.

Exactly.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 08:27:22 PM »

I'm not even talking about super-trt doses..

I'm talking normal 200mg every 2 weeks.. maybe 250mg... that maintains you in the 800-1200 range. (that's a big range, I'm aware)

want a 'little bit extra'? add in 25mg/day proviron with 10mg/day aromasin and kill your SHBG and raise your free/un-bound testosterone.

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 10:25:45 AM »
Ive been considering going on TRT because my testosterone levels are already on the low side 413ng/dl and im 25. And my levels were that low after not touching steroids for over a year and a half. So after my last cycle Im assuming my levels have only went down. Because I got my testosterone above 10,000 and my free test at about 3,500. So its been 7 months since ive been completely off and my balls are still all sucked up lol. I need to get my testosterone levels checked and see how much damage I did.

Also I have a shit load of acne scars on my shoulders and back from the cycle I did. So now with good reason im slightly afraid to even go back on another cycle again. I need to figure something out though because im becoming a recluse and just staying home all day. And I know its because of low T. Most the people I know keep telling me to wait and my levels will go back to normal. But they have never cycled or anything. So its some times hard for me to figure out if im just basically a steroid junkie or if I have a legit reason to want to go on TRT. You guys all make really good points and it makes me think maybe TRT is a good choice for me. I just keep thinking if my test levels are this low at 25 when im 30 its really going to suck. So maybe TRT is inevitable.

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 02:56:16 PM »
I went out all the time when I was on my cycle and even before that. I think I just stopped going out places as much when I got all the acne. Their was really no point in going out and doing anything while I had it really bad. It's just hard to get back into the swing of everything.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 03:01:41 PM »
 there are some posters on allthingsmale.com who are highly educated about TRT but have horrible results -because they're in their 50's or older, obese, don't exercise and have terrible diets.

the real long term damage from TRT is caused by the mechanical act of injecting imo

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2014, 04:23:51 PM »
I've been on TRT for several years now with good results. The doctor prescribed dosage is fairly low at 150 mg every 7 days (as compared to what some folks self-dose). I add HCG at 250 mg on each of the last two days before the testosterone shot, just to keep my nut making natural test. I've developed no health related problems as a result of being on TRT. My weight is stable and I have relatively low fat at about 12% I think. My doctor has me do labs twice a year.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2014, 04:27:40 PM »
Ive been considering going on TRT because my testosterone levels are already on the low side 413ng/dl and im 25. And my levels were that low after not touching steroids for over a year and a half. So after my last cycle Im assuming my levels have only went down. Because I got my testosterone above 10,000 and my free test at about 3,500. So its been 7 months since ive been completely off and my balls are still all sucked up lol. I need to get my testosterone levels checked and see how much damage I did.

Also I have a shit load of acne scars on my shoulders and back from the cycle I did. So now with good reason im slightly afraid to even go back on another cycle again. I need to figure something out though because im becoming a recluse and just staying home all day. And I know its because of low T. Most the people I know keep telling me to wait and my levels will go back to normal. But they have never cycled or anything. So its some times hard for me to figure out if im just basically a steroid junkie or if I have a legit reason to want to go on TRT. You guys all make really good points and it makes me think maybe TRT is a good choice for me. I just keep thinking if my test levels are this low at 25 when im 30 its really going to suck. So maybe TRT is inevitable.

Although you test levels seem low for a fellow your age, I am not sure your test levels are low enough for a doctor to prescribe you testosterone.  Your natural testosterone may rebound on it's own given time and a healthy lifestyle which does not include high doses of steroids.

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2014, 03:58:05 PM »
I've been on TRT for several years now with good results. The doctor prescribed dosage is fairly low at 150 mg every 7 days (as compared to what some folks self-dose). I add HCG at 250 mg on each of the last two days before the testosterone shot, just to keep my nut making natural test. I've developed no health related problems as a result of being on TRT. My weight is stable and I have relatively low fat at about 12% I think. My doctor has me do labs twice a year.

Curious as to how old you are and how many years your were on TRT? How is your hemoglobin and cholesterol? I'm really playing with the idea of going on TRT for life but like to wait awhile since I am 25.. I know my levels are low due to all the long cycles I use to do

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 06:33:33 PM »
Curious as to how old you are and how many years your were on TRT? How is your hemoglobin and cholesterol? I'm really playing with the idea of going on TRT for life but like to wait awhile since I am 25.. I know my levels are low due to all the long cycles I use to do

I am almost 70 years old. I have been on TRT for about 4 years total. I took a break for a year because I had prostate cancer and TRT is suspected to accelerate the growth of prostate cancer. After the prostatectomy, I had to wait six months before going back on TRT. I do blood work every 3 months mainly to insure my PSA numbers are still good and they are. I've had marginally high cholesterol since my late 30's which is treated mainly with a statin and some over-the-counter meds, such as CoQ10 and Slo Niacin. TRT seems to not to have affected this at all. As for hemoglobin and Hematocrit, my urologist insists on my doing complete blood work. If this were a problem, he'd be talking to me about it.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 07:15:51 AM »
TRT will make u feel better, ask yourself a question,would u rather live to 75 totally happy felling good n getting pussy? or live to 80 feeling miserable all those yrs in pain? id go for the first choice
R

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2014, 07:29:05 PM »
200mg every 10days works good for me as well. Agreed about those you hear of bad sides of try..most are in their 50's, smoke, drink and work desk jobs. I know a guy who is in his 60 and been on trt for 10+yrs...only complain is wife doesn't give it up like she used to hahahaha

Audioslave

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2014, 07:33:33 PM »
There's no evidence steroid use cuts years off your life.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2014, 08:07:27 AM »
There's no evidence steroid use cuts years off your life.

Nor is there much evidence suggesting that it doesn't.... fact is, this is uncharted territory.  We don't know much about the long term effects.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2014, 08:49:13 AM »
there are some posters on allthingsmale.com who are highly educated about TRT but have horrible results -because they're in their 50's or older, obese, don't exercise and have terrible diets.

the real long term damage from TRT is caused by the mechanical act of injecting imo

These are the people that usually already have a 54% Hema level BEFORE going on TRT.