Author Topic: Flex magazine - Going to be a bi-monthly magazine?  (Read 7944 times)

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
Re: Flex magazine is dying.
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2014, 07:32:19 AM »
We all know the internet , and low price supps at Walmart the lack of info/honesty on steroids among other things are taking the best of magazine industry. But Flex magazine despite being like 75 % adds. And having the best training article pics etc.  Has taken an extreme measure .....

After charging subscriber a full year for 12 issues, it turns out that people will only get 6 issues instead of 12.  
As of this month, Flex mag is becoming a ONE IN EVERY TWO MONTHS publication !!!

This months issue features Shawn Rhoden on cover is the July/August issue.  
The end of the bible of bob publications as we know it ??

A low blow, a fraud ?

I wish you were dying instead of Flex.

I mean.....dying faster than you already are.

the trainer

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2014, 08:01:18 AM »

Coming from a fat greasy fuck who embezzled 30k from Dave Palumbo business , you have no room to talk.  Pay him back you piece of shit

Awesome vince laying the smack down.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2014, 09:46:36 AM »

Coming from a fat greasy fuck who embezzled 30k from Dave Palumbo business , you have no room to talk.  Pay him back you piece of shit

Shit just got real!  :o

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2014, 10:03:39 AM »

Vince! Use the voodoo man!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2014, 10:16:32 AM »
the old bait and switch ay. mags sucked since the 70's.
F

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2014, 11:21:48 AM »

Get your fact straight mister.....You don't have a clue what you're talking about ....  I'm a well respected figure in the industry and take the time to humbly mingle and post, while Dave think of this site as a sewer ..

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2014, 03:48:15 AM »
Get your fact straight mister.....You don't have a clue what you're talking about ....  I'm a well respected figure in the industry and take the time to humbly mingle and post, while Dave think of this site as a sewer ..

He does? Why? Everybody loves him around here!

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2014, 04:28:39 AM »

Save the time, Jabba.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2014, 05:43:10 AM »
I stopped buying muscle magazines years ago. However, I subscribed to MD recently for their electronic edition. They give you a year for about what it costs for a single magazine in Australia.

The deal for Flex online is similar. Look at the enclosed photo to see the deal.  $10.67 for 12 months. I guess that means 6 editions? Still an ok deal.

Cheaper from zinio.
A

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2014, 05:53:03 AM »
I'm a well respected figure in the industry.

How hard are we supposed to laugh here? You just hang around the "industry" because you've been outschmoeing everyone in a realm where mental disorders and sexual perversions are the norm. I'd tell you that you're a piss receptacle but you would like it probably.

the trainer

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2014, 06:00:25 AM »

How does a person get well respected in the industry, pay top dollar for private posing sessions, promise bodybuilders higher placings in competition if they submit to your fantasies.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2014, 06:38:09 AM »
I'm a well respected figure in the industry and take the time to humbly mingle and post, while Dave think of this site as a sewer ..

Classic Getbigger .

WooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2014, 08:24:09 AM »
Muscletech ads were the beginning of the end for all BBing mags, especially Musclemag which I used to love.

They all suck now.  60-70% of the mags are all ads.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2014, 08:50:55 AM »
Muscletech ads were the beginning of the end for all BBing mags, especially Musclemag which I used to love.

They all suck now.  60-70% of the mags are all ads.

I have a couple of 1995 flex magazines and they are flooded with urologist advertisement. Never understood why at the time as a teenager.
Plus almost all of the pro's covered there are either dead or have severe health problems today.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2014, 11:01:12 AM »
I have a couple of 1995 flex magazines and they are flooded with urologist advertisement. Never understood why at the time as a teenager.
Plus almost all of the pro's covered there are either dead or have severe health problems today.

Creepy but true .

Those mags should be like $2.00 an issue if they want to survive a little longer

WoooSSHHHHHHHHH

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2014, 11:21:26 AM »
flex has been dying the last 15 years...fuck this joke...hipolita is getting a bit vince basile like here...legend in his mind
MIRAGETROPIN

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2014, 11:25:43 AM »
Facts

Sergio oliva and Serge nubret (both dead) never made the cover of Flex magazine ...now Flex is dying  (Karma?)

My fav Flex cover ever ...

exact opposite Physique of Phil

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2014, 11:28:52 AM »
My fave bodybuilding cover of all time is the ironman 1989 with Bryan Buchanan upper body like "escultura "  (forgot how to spell that in English) ..

Ironman mag went "natural' and then die long ago right ?

WoooSSHHHHHH

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2014, 11:29:39 AM »
this is the problem of flex...way to many arnold covers and maybe alittle bit pseudorascism...might be wrong since i don't read it anymore...last time i did dorian was on the cover
MIRAGETROPIN

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2014, 01:43:11 PM »
recycling the same basic and crap articles once a year doesnt help. the personal trainers have that market sewn up

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2014, 01:49:02 PM »
Good I'm glad I dont have to read that shit anymore.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2014, 01:50:05 PM »
Good I'm glad I dont have to read that shit anymore.

I felt so dirty and homo buying that fucking rag in the 90's. I am still scarred by the experience.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2014, 02:15:57 PM »

Really....so give us YOUR SIDE OF THE STORY REGARDING SPECIES NUTRITION
A

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2014, 03:03:25 PM »
Musclemag International of the mid 80's to early 90's was the best hardcore bodybuilding mag by far.   Greg Zulak had some really great training articles, and the photos were superb.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2014, 03:06:44 PM »
Fuck Flex Magazine