Author Topic: The yearly 'do you want kids ' thread  (Read 11590 times)

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
Re: The yearly 'do you want kids ' thread
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2014, 05:55:37 PM »
I personally don't give a shit of which race will take the upper hand as I won't live long enough to have to deal with living with muslims or other third world scumbags everywhere around me (which I'd hate so much), oh and money would probably save me from that fate anyway, but overall - I'm at least not pretending that I "care" about anything except myself and people that are doing good to me and my family.

it's all irrelevant. Bunch of ants, that's it.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2014, 05:57:00 PM »

Maybe you were poor growing up, so you decided that your future children would have everything that they want. So, you work brutal workweeks and never see your kids.

Someone will think you're a terrible parent with mixed up priorities.

Maybe your parents were extremely religious, and you don't want your children to grow up in that environment. You want them to choose their own way.

Someone will think you're a heathen.

No matter how you raise your children, someone will always think you're doing it wrong, and there will always be people who will be labelled a "bad parent." Someone will label YOU as a bad parent, too.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2014, 06:00:58 PM »
Yes...and on the flip side...every time my kid walks into the room and plops on the couch, opens her laptop...not  a care in the world..I'm a happy father. She's happy, safe and I'm doing my job.   The reward is having her in my life.

not earth shattering...not the greatest thing on the planet...my personal happiness and pride.

you have a very glass half empty look on things

I'm sure that I will feel the same if I'll ever have a kid (preferably daughter), but I'm realistic enough not to jizz over this nonsense.

To add, my friend knocked up a girl three years ago, unplanned. He has been miserable ever since (as he knows there will be a divorce, sonner or later, as she's not the woman he really wanted)... Loves his daughter, but she probably was the best AND the worst thing that has ever happened to him, at the same time.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2014, 06:01:40 PM »
it's all irrelevant. Bunch of ants, that's it.

Obviously.. Ants that want to believe they are of a high importance.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2014, 06:04:04 PM »
I'm sure that I will feel the same if I'll ever have a kid (preferably daughter), but I'm realistic enough not to jizz over this nonsense.

To add, my friend knocked up a girl three years ago, unplanned. He has been miserable ever since (as he knows there will be a divorce, sonner or later, as she's not the woman he really wanted)... Loves his daughter, but she probably was the best AND the worst thing that has ever happened to him, at the same time.

Yeah..life is a bitch brother. No argument from me.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2014, 06:06:16 PM »
Obviously.. And that want to believe they are of a high importance.

they may be to themselves, but in a bigger picture we are born in a prison, and we who live in there are the meaningless ants.

we live in edgy times, the water is almost at it's boiling point.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2014, 08:37:56 PM »
What I wanted to say that all that talk about kids as a "holly grail" is a result of a lazy and comftable civilisation life. It's just an animalistic nature. Humans breed, dogs breed, butterflies breed, fucking cockroaches that I hate so much - breed even more. Much of a "meaning" and "greatness" in all of that nonsense...  ::) But I guess most people have to convince themselves that way to not go insane, as most are too weak mentally to grasp the factual reality, which is far from nice usualy.
 Most parents think they are doing a great job, but how so there are so many unhappy peoplke in this world. That's the million dollar question.

Probably many of these parents weren't such a gold material to begin with.

Your post suggests that you didn't enjoy the best childhood. How unfortunate for you. Hopefully, someday you can move on, not letting the past dictate your future.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2014, 08:42:58 PM »
Never, no. Huh uh.

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2014, 10:56:58 PM »
My niece is enough for me. I see guys out with their families and all i think is 'tied down'. Just not for me.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2014, 01:21:45 AM »

So? Isn't it true for the most valuable things you achieve in life? Trade-offs you may call it. But once again: the most valuable things in life at one point you will evaluate according to what you are ready to sacrifice for. Sure, you might fuck it up as a parent? How do you know? If your life is about avoiding risks at all costs, don't be surprised if you wake up old one day with nothing to stand for. Now, are the stakes too high when it comes to bringing life, raising it and even accepting to be (occasionally) disappointed? That I don't judge. I never thought I'd have a kid, didn't want one for most of my life, had a thought process pretty similar to yours. But I had one. Maybe because I was tired of being the center of my own life. Felt exhausted somehow only caring about myself. Having a child is ALSO a liberating experience as it is great responsibility. You can't have it all they say. I guess I just don't want to have it all.

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2014, 01:24:58 AM »
As soon as I meet a semi plump, semi submissive, semi feisty, intelligent, pale blonde, that works out, and cooks/knows nutrition like Bertha butt or Princess L. I'll have 18 kids like the Duggars.

Your future girl is gonna be stretched out...
 :o

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2014, 01:39:49 AM »

It would make my day.  ;D

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2014, 02:07:50 AM »
... but once you see the kid, your son/daughter it all changes. It isn't a mistake or young pregnancy etc etc it is yours, your child with your features, totally helpless staring at you. Impossible to explain.

Not all fathers (or mothers) see it that way...

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2014, 02:17:20 AM »
I'd like to have children one day. Not anytime soon though. ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2014, 03:48:23 AM »
Maybe you were poor growing up, so you decided that your future children would have everything that they want. So, you work brutal workweeks and never see your kids.

Someone will think you're a terrible parent with mixed up priorities.

Maybe your parents were extremely religious, and you don't want your children to grow up in that environment. You want them to choose their own way.

No matter how you raise your children, someone will always think you're doing it wrong, and there will always be people who will be labelled a "bad parent." Someone will label YOU as a bad parent, too.

Guilty conscious of being called a "bad parent"?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2014, 03:50:50 AM »
What I wanted to say that all that talk about kids as a "holly grail" is a result of a lazy and comftable civilisation life. It's just an animalistic nature. Humans breed, dogs breed, butterflies breed, fucking cockroaches that I hate so much - breed even more. Much of a "meaning" and "greatness" in all of that nonsense...  ::) But I guess most people have to convince themselves that way to not go insane, as most are too weak mentally to grasp the factual reality, which is far from nice usualy.
 Most parents think they are doing a great job, but how so there are so many unhappy peoplke in this world. That's the million dollar question.

Probably many of these parents weren't such a gold material to begin with.
A person's "happiness" is up to them...just as their misery.

Simple Simon

« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2014, 03:52:57 AM »
Not all fathers (or mothers) see it that way...
x2

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2014, 03:53:18 AM »
As always I support the idea that the vast majority of getbiggers should not have kids.   ;D

Thanks for that support  :)

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2014, 04:32:03 AM »
. Maybe because I was tired of being the center of my own life. Felt exhausted somehow only caring about myself. Having a child is ALSO a liberating experience as it is great responsibility. You can't have it all they say. I guess I just don't want to have it all.

I care about other people, but it doesn't mean it MUST be kids. Well for you it probably was. I don't give a shit about your or anyone else life choices (I'd honestly prefer that noone would have kids anymore as they are the rivals for me and my family), I'm just merely analysing the subject and my point of view is that kids aren't the holly grail, never were. Just an animals futile attempt at an "eternity". That does not happen this way, unfortunately. Only way we may reach that goal is through technology. If some asteroid won't erase us from this funny bubble.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2014, 04:34:51 AM »
A person's "happiness" is up to them...just as their misery.

Yeah, tell that to someone who has inherited their parents shitty genes and for ex. - most people around them are more good looking, or a male with a manlet father who's always feeling bad about his height or a 21yo with a bald ugly looking head. But I'm sure most of you here carry the best of the best genes lol... It's funny how everyone are convinced they are doing a favour for their kids, yet somehow most people still live in misery. Something doesn't add up eh?
 You're doing yourself a favour, en egoistical and selfish favour, with hopes that your kids will help you to survive and will carry your genome further, not other way.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2014, 04:42:31 AM »
I care about other people, but it doesn't mean it MUST be kids. Well for you it probably was. I don't give a shit about your or anyone else life choices (I'd honestly prefer that noone would have kids anymore as they are the rivals for me and my family), I'm just merely analysing the subject and my point of view is that kids aren't the holly grail, never were. Just an animals futile attempt at an "eternity". That does not happen this way, unfortunately. Only way we may reach that goal is through technology. If some asteroid won't erase us from this funny bubble.

I never think of my kid as a gateway to eternity. I have no intentions to live vicariously through him. It's a life experience. End of story. My burdens are solely mine. My achievements also. My son I hope will have his own life and choose his path without me interfering. Of course, I'd love to see him succeed at what he does but again, that will be my point of view, not his.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2014, 04:54:11 AM »
I never think of my kid as a gateway to eternity. I have no intentions to live vicariously through him. It's a life experience. End of story. My burdens are solely mine. My achievements also. My son I hope will have his own life and choose his path without me interfering. Of course, I'd love to see him succeed at what he does but again, that will be my point of view, not his.

Dogs, birds, elephants and other animals doesn't "think" any of that too. But you're still merely manifesting a genetic program blindly, nothing more, and the point of it is exactly that, whether you like it or not.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2014, 04:58:59 AM »

Dogs, birds, elephants and other animals doesn't "think" any of that too. But you're still merely manifesting a genetic program blindly, nothing more.

I don't deny the "program" but if you want to reduce parenthood to it, that's your approach. You can transcend it. Determinism is one thing, it's extent another. You can have a reductive view. I don't see where I come from as a limit to where I can go. My hormones can play tricks on me, I might have secretly wanted to procreate, etc.....at the end of the day, this is only so much in my relationship to my son. Being a genitor and being a father are two very different things.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2014, 05:48:14 AM »
My niece is enough for me. I see guys out with their families and all i think is 'tied down'. Just not for me.
You are young Enzo. You might change your mind and want to be tied down later down the track.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2014, 05:49:22 AM »
You are young Enzo. You might change your mind and want to be tied down later down the track.

You're old and you may change your mind as you'll get even older too.