Author Topic: Are All Calories Equal? - The Calorie Myth w/ Jonathan Bailor  (Read 10688 times)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Re: Are All Calories Equal? - The Calorie Myth w/ Jonathan Bailor
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2014, 01:57:15 PM »
haha Ron this is a bbing board you should know this by now

only one that submits to that "theory" is TA

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2014, 02:05:58 PM »
 :D
I enjoy reading the responses so I will refrain from now.

Nothing ever changes around here it seems.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2014, 03:04:05 PM »
Falcon will disagree.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2014, 03:26:58 PM »
TA smiling in satans chamber at the potential of this thread
A

Alpine

• Getbig III
  • That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2014, 03:27:07 PM »
:D
I enjoy reading the responses so I will refrain from now.

Nothing ever changes around here it seems.

Weak. The almighty TA is all washed up. Just a tired old man with no fight left in him.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2014, 03:30:36 PM »
Not if the price calories go up by 10%
Is an Iphone full of data more calories?  ???

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2014, 04:09:53 PM »
This is going to be good. To people like Disgusted and myself, Bailor is preaching to choir and dead on as by the looks of his age, we've been practicing this for more than 30 years. The difference is now, people like TA don't know any better. We knew way back when that any screw up with the wrong foods would unravel all efforts put forth. You can't be on protein and vegetables for 8, 10 or 12 weeks then all of the sudden replace the vegetables with calories of shit and expect the same results. This is where insulin comes in.

I like no one and enjoy reading his posts, but he's wrong on this. As for TA...as usual with anything, he's wrong and having a fit. lol

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2014, 04:19:42 PM »
id like to see how long TA could stick to his specific calorie base while working on a house

TA is a good guy just hard headed like the rest of us and unwilling to change, he was right about my cherry trees too its not all hate against TA we are all yung neegul falcons here we can handle a bit of realism  8)
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2014, 04:26:03 PM »
id like to see how long TA could stick to his specific calorie base while working on a house

TA is a good guy just hard headed like the rest of us and unwilling to change, he was right about my cherry trees too its not all hate against TA we are all yung neegul falcons here we can handle a bit of realism  8)

This would be a good lesson for him. He could easily do that with eating all of the shit he says he eats for carbs but the second you replace those shit foods with the same amount of calories with vegetables, he would drop within a day depending on much fat he's carrying.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2014, 05:39:02 PM »

???
2400-3500 calories is low calorie to you?

How many do you eat?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2014, 05:40:50 PM »
This would be a good lesson for him. He could easily do that with eating all of the shit he says he eats for carbs but the second you replace those shit foods with the same amount of calories with vegetables, he would drop within a day depending on much fat he's carrying.
I already did those approaches and they suck.  They get me to my goal no quicker so what is the point? 

Shit food?  What is so shit about Chocolate Pumpkin Mousse Pie?  I bet you haven`t eaten anything that good in years.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2014, 05:48:45 PM »
???
2400-3500 calories is low calorie to you?

How many do you eat?
i think carpentry would beat you up too much eating cheeseburgers  you would have a bad back and knees like the rest of the carpenters and plumbers i know

you have to really eat smart doing manual labor not stupid food like burgers and steaks and expect to keep your hair and knees and back feeling good. its just what ive witnessed bro

im sure you could cut it for a few weeks and then you realize that type of food is inferior for healing the body
A

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2014, 05:56:51 PM »
I agree with TA and no one

Did their methods and no difference to me than eating clean chicken breast

Fuck dieting!!

GH + test + deca + KFC + Pizza Hut + tres leches cake  8)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2014, 07:04:37 PM »
This is going to be good. To people like Disgusted and myself, Bailor is preaching to choir and dead on as by the looks of his age, we've been practicing this for more than 30 years. The difference is now, people like TA don't know any better. We knew way back when that any screw up with the wrong foods would unravel all efforts put forth. You can't be on protein and vegetables for 8, 10 or 12 weeks then all of the sudden replace the vegetables with calories of shit and expect the same results. This is where insulin comes in.

I like no one and enjoy reading his posts, but he's wrong on this. As for TA...as usual with anything, he's wrong and having a fit. lol

I like you too dude. no homo.

k so tell me why I'm wrong. I'm not using studies to back my proof of claim, or what might happen if you eat such and such. I'm basing my opinion on experience.

I eat like shit. I have good days but my bad days outweigh my good days greatly. I probably smash pizza twice a week. I'm not talking a slice or two. I mean XLs. ice cream like it's an addiction. yet I'm walking around at a bf level most people will strive to accomplish and not come within a few percent and I'm holding 235lbs of lean tissue on less that 500mgs a week for the past year and a half so it's not the anabolics creating this environment given it took me 2g to create it.

how is that possible to eat 'those cals' and be lean and hold good tissue? am I a genetic anomaly? fuck I've got the WORST genetics in the world. everything I've built I busted my ass for. if my metabolism were any slower it would be on life support.

I stand by my original post word for word. for weightloss in a deficit as long as protein requirements are being met it doesn't matter where the rest of the cals come from.
b

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2014, 07:07:46 PM »
Not this bullshit again PLEASE!!  :D

Chicken breasts over donuts,for the best looking body even if cals are equaled in both amounts.

How can anyone even begin to dispute this?

^^Rhetorical question,don`t fucking bother answering.  ;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2014, 07:07:51 PM »

k so tell me why I'm wrong. I'm not using studies to back my proof of claim, or what might happen if you eat such and such. I'm basing my opinion on experience.

I eat like shit. I have good days but my bad days outweigh my good days greatly. I probably smash pizza twice a week. I'm not talking a slice or two. I mean XLs. ice cream like it's an addiction. yet I'm walking around at a bf level most people will strive to accomplish and not come within a few percent and I'm holding 235lbs of lean tissue on less that 500mgs a week for the past year and a half so it's not the anabolics creating this environment given it took me 2g to create it.

how is that possible to eat 'those cals' and be lean and hold good tissue? am I a genetic anomaly? fuck I've got the WORST genetics in the world. everything I've built I busted my ass for. if my metabolism were any slower it would be on life support.

I stand by my original post word for word. for weightloss in a deficit as long as protein requirements are being met it doesn't matter where the rest of the cals come from.
Some people will never get it my friend.

Everyone still thinks I am lying and its been years and years.  I predate the IIFYM crowd and all the rest even.  Still, they don`t believe.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2014, 07:08:38 PM »

I`m ashamed of you !  LOL  ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2014, 07:13:03 PM »
In fact,I`m ashamed of all of you.

< *grabs more pie and ice cream in disgust* >

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2014, 07:17:19 PM »
Holy fuck, the True Adonis bat phone just screeched its emergency alarm!
Lolz! Thought the same thing. If he's batman, who's robin? Daddywaddy?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2014, 07:33:03 PM »

The problem with your argument is that by replacing the veggies with "shit" you will certainly be increasing the caloric intake.

What you need to explain, if you're capable of doing so, is why 300 calories of baked potato will make you fatter than 300 calories of donuts.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2014, 07:36:10 PM »
Forget all this calorie counting nonsense
Just eat a third less than you normally do.
x2

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2014, 07:49:24 PM »
I`m ashamed of you !  LOL  ;D

lol i love you bro!

ya man like you ive tried it all. several times. the high fibre/ high protein no fats diet. the high protein/ carb cycling no fats diet. the ketogenic diet. everything under the sun.

and i found what works for me, is a good protein source- i dont even count protein anymore truthfully- and then round out the rest of my cals with whatever my body craves. some days i'll do 2lbs of veg breast and chicken breast and stay <1500 cals. other days i start out good, then my body starts demanding things like ice cream. :D

what i have found is that im fuller, leaner and denser than when i used to diet more 'strictly'. truthfully i dont even call what i do now dieting. i dont diet. i dont count cals, i eat as i please and i train my ass off and smash the shit out of my mountain bike. i just feel better.

i will say this tho, for performance i have noticed a huge benefit in eating the foods i mentioned in my first post. grains are boggy and slow me down etc.
b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2014, 07:50:37 PM »
I agree with TA and no one

Did their methods and no difference to me than eating clean chicken breast

Fuck dieting!!

GH + test + deca + KFC + Pizza Hut + tres leches cake  8)

ya man, and if your not running gh, which is very forgiving, cardio does a nice job of cleaning things up. i havent used gh now in over a year. i dont miss it, and i dont think ive lost anything from not using it.
b

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2014, 08:02:02 PM »
Yes, because I want that freaking piece of cake!

Alan Aragon responds "Quality of calories, not quantity of calories, is the key to healing your body, and dropping fat." <-- That's FALSE. Quality AND quantity both matter. All this kind of rhetoric does is mislead folks into thinking that weight loss (or fat loss) can only be achieved by sticking to a special list of 'allowed' foods. This not only makes people dumber, but it also creates unnecessary food neurosis & obsessiveness - which is self-sabotaging."

I think that a great deal depends upon what you do with them.  If you ate 5,000 calories a day of "healthy" food and didn't exercise and laid around watching TV and other high effort pastimes , you would probably get just as fat and disgusting as you would eating 5,000 calories a day of junk food.  You might not get diabetes, but you would still get FAT.

So in that manner, yes.  A calorie is a calorie.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2014, 08:23:54 PM »
Anybody that still believes the hormonal response (insulin) of 100 calories of chocolate cake compared to 100 calories of chicken breast makes no difference in body composition is willfully disregarding quality data.

I still believe it comes down to calories in versus calories out but the macro breakdown of those calories is HUGELY important to optimizing fat loss. Do we really believe that a 2000 calorie diet of twinkies can lead to the same body composition as a 2000 calorie diet of balanced macros? I dont think so. What this guy is saying is not all that revolutionary.

(TA bait set)

I agree

Has it ever been proven that EVERY excess calorie you eat gets stored in the body? That your body can't just say "naaa, don't need that" and that the macronutrient content plays no part?