Author Topic: Watching the latest Batman (rises)  (Read 5984 times)

hench

• Getbig V
Re: Watching the latest Batman (rises)
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2014, 06:53:09 AM »
Thats one reason i think the best part of nolans films is in the first when wayne is learning his skills

Christian Bale is a very good actor. His portrayal of roles is very impressive.

I also think Tom Hardy is extremely talented (Anyone ever see Warrior?).

Even with these guys in the mix, the one actor that moved me the most in these recent Batman movies was none other than the immortal Liam Neeson. Every scene this man was in was thought provoking and compelling. It's some of the supporting cast that does the best work in these movies.

...and who can forget masterful performance of Heath Ledger?

"1"

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2014, 08:29:47 AM »
They are.  I tried to watch the first one once and had to shut it off as it was that bad. 

The second with Heath Ledger is great. he just steals every scene and is amazing.

Take care.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2014, 08:41:13 AM »
The second with Heath Ledger is great. he just steals every scene and is amazing.

Take care.

until Maggie Gyllenhaal turns her ugly fucking mug around for the camera,

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2014, 08:45:58 AM »

...and who can forget masterful performance of Heath Ledger?

"1"

This really was a Royal Command performance by Ledger.  Really a fucking shame this guy died when he did, he was just getting started... way too young.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2014, 09:16:08 AM »
Not a Burton fan, but loved the atmosphere, music and actors in Batman and Batman Returns, they looked like Batman movies... Didn't like Nolan trilogy that much, as someone else said they looked like action movie with a guy in a suit... Keaton was the best, imo... About Joker, maybe Nicholson was too old and over the top, but i liked his interpretation, Ledger not bad but seemed just a mad criminal, and a crack addict...

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2014, 09:19:25 AM »

I wrote take care LOLOL, I thought I was writing and email at that point.

he was good in source code though.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2014, 09:24:16 AM »

I would fuck her, but her brother looks way better

No homo

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2014, 09:39:07 AM »
If you think about it nolan got the look so wrong they could have just had the main character an unmasked vigilante with a name like john matrix, paul kersey or bryan mills.
The 3rd missed the boat so much, bane was supposed to be a monster of a man, someone like nathan jones would have fit pefectly.
 Batman with his amazing fight skills was supposed to have finally met his match yet little tom hardy was cast, smaller than bale and batman amazingly lost all skills to take bane on and tried to box him. lazy, poor writing just to have a popular actor in the role.

Not a Burton fan, but loved the atmosphere, music and actors in Batman and Batman Returns, they looked like Batman movies... Didn't like Nolan trilogy that much, as someone else said they looked like action movie with a guy in a suit... Keaton was the best, imo... About Joker, maybe Nicholson was too old and over the top, but i liked his interpretation, Ledger not bad but seemed just a mad criminal, and a crack addict...

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2014, 09:44:52 AM »
If you think about it nolan got the look so wrong they could have just had the main character an unmasked vigilante with a name like john matrix, paul kersey or bryan mills.
The 3rd missed the boat so much, bane was supposed to be a monster of a man, someone like nathan jones would have fit pefectly.
 Batman with his amazing fight skills was supposed to have finally met his match yet little tom hardy was cast, smaller than bale and batman amazingly lost all skills to take bane on and tried to box him. lazy, poor writing just to have a popular actor in the role.

Agreed on every point...

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2014, 09:45:35 AM »

The Batman look of Nolan was a step away from the organic bat and the connection to the logo, towards the techno military super soldier look. Robocop-ish.

The batmobile got the same treatment. Look like a anonymous tank now.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2014, 10:07:44 AM »
Yes poor design. Burtons movies had the best batmobile it actually looked batlike, had the best batsuit, best batcave, best soundtrack and themetune etc
My favourite part in 89 version has to be the fight in the alley with that ninja guy screaming and going mental with swords, batman blocks every hit, casually palm thrusts him and finishes with a simple kick. Watched that when i was 10, classic to this day.

The Batman look of Nolan was a step away from the organic bat and the connection to the logo, towards the techno military super soldier look. Robocop-ish.

The batmobile got the same treatment. Look like a anonymous tank now.

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2014, 01:27:50 PM »
Yes poor design. Burtons movies had the best batmobile it actually looked batlike, had the best batsuit, best batcave, best soundtrack and themetune etc
My favourite part in 89 version has to be the fight in the alley with that ninja guy screaming and going mental with swords, batman blocks every hit, casually palm thrusts him and finishes with a simple kick. Watched that when i was 10, classic to this day.

yeah that was cool

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2014, 01:30:00 PM »
Now I am not familiar with Bane or what he is supposed to sound like but his voice has progressively gotten worse during this movie. Now he is talking in a mic on a stadium and he sounds like a retard

I am almost regretting that I was so harsh on Bale's voice now that I realize Bane's is irritating me way more..

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2014, 01:36:09 PM »
yea why they had him sound like a strange version of tom jones we'll never know
Now I am not familiar with Bane or what he is supposed to sound like but his voice has progressively gotten worse during this movie. Now he is talking in a mic on a stadium and he sounds like a retard

I am almost regretting that I was so harsh on Bale's voice now that I realize Bane's is irritating me way more..

Simple Simon

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2014, 01:39:29 PM »

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2014, 01:39:56 PM »
yea why they had him sound like a strange version of tom jones i'll never know

I got Tom jones/yoda/anthony hopkins in some strange way.

His face doesn't match it so you get the feeling he is dubbed over all the time

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2014, 05:22:57 PM »
All those Nolan Batman movies are pure shit. 

No, the ones that preceded his were. 

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2014, 05:43:29 PM »
No, the ones that preceded his were. 

He's playing. Has to be.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2014, 01:41:07 AM »
Nolans movies benefited from bigger budgets, more action and sfx, burtons captured the look perfectly. all the films have issues, forget the other 2 directed by schumacher, they were pure shit

Dr Kincaid

• Getbig III
  • Ice machine broken
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2014, 01:51:24 AM »

So crack whorish.