Author Topic: Georgia and Guns  (Read 4420 times)

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Georgia and Guns
« on: July 02, 2014, 12:59:11 PM »
On July 1, the state of Georgia enacted the Georgia Safe Carry Protection Act — also known as the “guns everywhere” law — which allows licensed gun-owners to bring their weapons to churches, bars, government buildings and other places where they were previously prohibited.

The Valdosta Daily Times reported Tuesday evening that the new law had already pitted two armed citizens against each other in a standoff at a local convenience store.

“Essentially, it involved one customer with a gun on his hip when a second customer entered with a gun on his hip,” Valdosta Police Chief Brian Childress told the Daily Times.

Around 3:00 p.m., a customer entered the Enmark store on Park Avenue with a gun holstered to his hip. Another customer, who was also carrying a holstered weapon, approached the first man and demanded to see his ID and gun permit.

As he demanded the first customer’s ID, the second man pulled his own gun from its holster, but pointed it at the floor. The first customer protested that he isn’t legally required to show any ID or permits.

Still holding his gun, the second customer demanded again to see the other man’s permit and ID. The first customer, undeterred by the unholstered weapon, paid for his purchases and exited the store, then called police.

When police arrived, they arrested 62-year-old Ronald Williams for disorderly conduct related to pulling a loaded weapon inside a place of business. Police took Williams’ gun and remanded him to the Lowndes County Jail.

Chief Childress told the Daily Times that not even he and his officers have the authority to demand to see gun owners’ permits under the new law.

“This is an example of my concern with the new gun law,” he said, “that people will take the law into their own hands, which we will not tolerate, not on the internet, not in person, not in a grocery store parking lot, not in like at walmart, not in a restaurant, not at the beach, not at the dry cleaners... anywhere.

ppl talk about the 'pussyfication' of America, yet they run their mouths thinking they won't get slapped and get their arm broken in front of their friends.

the guy who's willing to go the furthest, wins. if you're not willing to go all the way, it's best you keep your mouth shut and move on, and make it to the next day."

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Re: Georgia and Guns
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 01:00:14 PM »
Sounds like the safest place on the planet, i will move my family there soon, and no i'm not trolling

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 01:13:31 PM »
Arizona has passed “Permitless Carry.” That means anyone who can legally own/purchase a firearm and is 21 or older can carry it concealed without any type of permit/license. This new law becomes effective July 29, 2010.

;D   ;D   ;D

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 01:14:48 PM »
On July 1, the state of Georgia enacted the Georgia Safe Carry Protection Act — also known as the “guns everywhere” law — which allows licensed gun-owners to bring their weapons to churches, bars, government buildings and other places where they were previously prohibited.

The Valdosta Daily Times reported Tuesday evening that the new law had already pitted two armed citizens against each other in a standoff at a local convenience store.

“Essentially, it involved one customer with a gun on his hip when a second customer entered with a gun on his hip,” Valdosta Police Chief Brian Childress told the Daily Times.

Around 3:00 p.m., a customer entered the Enmark store on Park Avenue with a gun holstered to his hip. Another customer, who was also carrying a holstered weapon, approached the first man and demanded to see his ID and gun permit.

As he demanded the first customer’s ID, the second man pulled his own gun from its holster, but pointed it at the floor. The first customer protested that he isn’t legally required to show any ID or permits.

Still holding his gun, the second customer demanded again to see the other man’s permit and ID. The first customer, undeterred by the unholstered weapon, paid for his purchases and exited the store, then called police.

When police arrived, they arrested 62-year-old Ronald Williams for disorderly conduct related to pulling a loaded weapon inside a place of business. Police took Williams’ gun and remanded him to the Lowndes County Jail.

Chief Childress told the Daily Times that not even he and his officers have the authority to demand to see gun owners’ permits under the new law.

“This is an example of my concern with the new gun law,” he said, “that people will take the law into their own hands, which we will not tolerate, not on the internet, not in person, not in a grocery store parking lot, not in like at walmart, not in a restaurant, not at the beach, not at the dry cleaners... anywhere.

ppl talk about the 'pussyfication' of America, yet they run their mouths thinking they won't get slapped and get their arm broken in front of their friends.

the guy who's willing to go the furthest, wins. if you're not willing to go all the way, it's best you keep your mouth shut and move on, and make it to the next day."

solve violence with violence is the american way, this is why the decline of the american empire

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 01:16:21 PM »
I wish they would do that in South Carolina

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 01:16:43 PM »

LOL  :D

On a serious note, who the fuck does that oldster think he is, demanding to see ID from another citizen. He must be a former cop.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 02:24:37 PM »
Arizona has passed “Permitless Carry.” That means anyone who can legally own/purchase a firearm and is 21 or older can carry it concealed without any type of permit/license. This new law becomes effective July 29, 2010.

;D   ;D   ;D

That's good, I think it's the same in New Hampshire and Montana?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 06:05:01 PM »
That's good, I think it's the same in New Hampshire and Montana?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

No. Here in NH, we still have concealed carry permits. They are $5 for 4 years and they have to issue them to whoever asks (with no criminal history). The form is a single page of questions.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 07:03:11 PM »
Chaos packing his bags to leave Kommifornia....
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 07:12:39 PM »
I believe you should be allowed to have a gun but this takes the piss.

Fucking gun nuts. Can you not see how perverse this is? Taking guns shopping and pretending it is a for security? It's like waving a dick around.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 07:39:27 PM »
Sounds like the safest place on the planet, i will move my family there soon, and no i'm not trolling
Until you are shopping and two neighbors get into it because one is sleeping with the other's wife.
Or you are at your job and your coworker gets into a stand off with his boss "because he is tired of it".

A whole bunch of Dirty Harrys waiting for someone to make their day.

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2014, 07:42:27 PM »
Open carry seems to cause problems like this. Carry concealed if you want and everyone is happy.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 07:43:28 PM »

Fucking gun nuts. Can you not see how perverse this is? Taking guns shopping and pretending it is a for security? It's like waving a dick around.

No, people have been brainwashed by the media to fear guns... people like you.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 07:44:10 PM »
Until you are shopping and two neighbors get into it because one is sleeping with the other's wife.
Or you are at your job and your coworker gets into a stand off with his boss "because he is tired of it".

A whole bunch of White Dirty Harrys waiting for someone to make their day.

Updated for correctness.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2014, 07:45:18 PM »

A whole bunch of Dirty Harrys waiting for someone to make their day.

At least the guy who gets the gun pointed in his face can defend himself with the same force.  Guns are the great equalizer.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2014, 07:46:07 PM »

Different country. You're from Ireland, you don't deal with the types of of violence we have in the States. It's common to have parking lot robberies, etc....

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2014, 07:52:17 PM »
This thread wreaks of freedom.

..and bad grammar

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 07:56:02 PM »

This is about the dumbest shit I've ever heard of a western government enacting.  On the bright side (I'm almost ashamed to admit), we'll be in for some CRAZY fcukin' cellphone vids.

So, will the bouncers be permitted to carry as well?  

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2014, 07:57:00 PM »
This thread wreaks of freedom.

..and bad grammar
And racist brown guys that act black....ahem***gthing***Ahem ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2014, 08:02:30 PM »
2 things that piss me off

1)open carry is retarded..conceal that shit and stop playing cowboy..your impressing no one at your local dairy queen

2) are these jack offs going to get the proper training before being set loose on society?

I am very pro gun..I'm pretty sure I've made that clear...but I'm very against concealed and open carry programs for the untrained masses...they don't know how to clear corners, clear a room, be mindful of target backing, or barriers....

gun are dangerous...ITS WHY WE NEED THEM! BUT WITHOUT PROPER TRAINING ITS A DISASTER!

bench

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2014, 08:08:16 PM »
You know these morons are just trying to carry around a firearm to appear badass.

Already 2 idiots almost engaged in a standoff. All it takes is an accidental shot to be fired and to kill a kid. Wonderful.
X

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2014, 08:11:45 PM »
You know these morons are just trying to carry around a firearm to appear badass.

Already 2 idiots almost engaged in a standoff. All it takes is an accidental shot to be fired and to kill a kid. Wonderful.
exactly...I've been required to carry since i was 18 or 19.....i am much older now and have friends get their carry permits and are always finding a reason to pull a gun on something, or show it off....if shit really hit the fan they would just make it worse....a gun without training is dangerous

bench

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2014, 08:23:28 PM »
exactly...I've been required to carry since i was 18 or 19.....i am much older now and have friends get their carry permits and are always finding a reason to pull a gun on something, or show it off....if shit really hit the fan they would just make it worse....a gun without training is dangerous

bench

Yes, but this is 'Murica, so how you dare take away our rights. I mean, we all know this is the 1800's, where cowboys are riding around on horses.

Dont be surprised if you see this soon. Everyone thinks their a badass because they carry around a gun.  ::) ::)

X

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2014, 08:25:44 PM »

Seems like the Chief does not take kindly to disrespect...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2014, 08:29:45 PM »
THIS THIS THIS.

I keep saying this.  Every state in the USA should have concealed carry.  NO states should have open carry.  Everyone with a brain knows the concealed carry is a HUGE advantage in real life.  The only people that want to incite every room with "oooh, that badass has a gun!" are insecure idiots trying to prove they are important.  Responsible gun owners carry their weapon every day of their life, and most people around them have ZERO clue about it.

And I've been saying it won't be long until there's a confrontation between two legal carrying people, where one ends up blasting the other because he won't "comply".  

The random customer who approached a person and DEMANDED TO SEE HIS PAPERS is a complete idiot.  Pulling his gun in a threatening manner... ready to execute the guy because he won't show a random stranger his "papers".... what a fckhead.  What a moron.   If I'm carrying, and a non-police demands to see my paper, I'm telling him to kiss my ass.   THEN, he pulls a gun in a threatening manner, ready to shoot/arrest/detain me?  WTF is that?