Author Topic: I am Heartbroken.  (Read 10917 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: I am Heartbroken.
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2014, 08:41:52 PM »
One of my beloved Greyhounds passed away last night.  Its not easy at all as she was by my side always and I never left her.

:(

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2014, 09:32:48 PM »
I still have one left.  I don`t think I can ever get any more dogs or any pets because its just too hard and their lifespans too short.  The thought of them dying is always there from day one, at least for me anyways and it really is upsetting to think about.  

Yes

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2014, 01:08:37 AM »
I still have one left.  I don`t think I can ever get any more dogs or any pets because its just too hard and their lifespans too short.  The thought of them dying is always there from day one, at least for me anyways and it really is upsetting to think about.  

Same here, I really want another dog but it's just very hard on me when they go. My condolences to you and Tesla.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: July 03, 2014, 01:14:33 AM »
My puppy is trying to eat our blinds right now, instead of scolding him I just gave him a hug (which he probably liked less than a scolding). Sucks to lose your dog, hope the other one is doing ok.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: July 03, 2014, 01:18:15 AM »
Sorry to hear of your loss Adam, keep your chin up.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2014, 02:06:01 AM »
This is one of many things that puts me off from getting a dog. You get attached to them and they become part of the family but their short life span means you know that there will come a time, when they will no longer be a part of your life. It's hard to accept. :(

Only pet I've had are a few goldfish. Shed a tear or two after they passed before flushing them down the loo. ;D

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2014, 02:07:50 AM »
it wasn't going to write the 9th symphony anyway

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2014, 02:11:24 AM »
Very sorry to hear it Adam.............my condolences buddy.

My dogs are like the kids I never had,so I know how much a person can love a dog..........far more than just a pet in my opinion.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2014, 02:30:32 AM »
Yes she was very sick and nobody really knew why.  The last few weeks I was taking care of her every need.  Helping her go to the bathroom every time, feeding her with a turkey baster because she could no longer drink water herself or eat.  Every now and then she would rally and give me those strong eyes.  Some days the eyes were pleading, some were content. 

We buried her last night in an Iris garden.
I am so sorry for your loss TA.  :'(

Ken Fresno

• Getbig III
« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2014, 02:40:07 AM »
Sorry to hear it... My Dogs now 11, so he's on the back 9 for sure, and it bums me out...

I've been noticing that our cat takes a couple of attempts to clear the fence now and doesn't leave the garden as much.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2014, 02:40:12 AM »
interesting that your dogs name is Tesla ! more the reason to be inspired to study that electricity right away adonis, if anything that is a sign.
A

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #111 on: July 03, 2014, 05:33:39 AM »
TA, remember in a few days or a weeks, when the sorrow starts to become replaced with general anger, energy and focus. It will all be good in the end. It always happens after something like this. You just have to flow with that energy and do something with it.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #112 on: July 03, 2014, 07:55:01 AM »
Maybe immediate family could be tough, but I've always preferred the company of animals over people, so I might be a bad gauge. :P

That explains it!

;D
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #113 on: July 03, 2014, 07:59:08 AM »
Lol. I see loads of dead squirrels on roads lately, tells me squirrels are doing well in the fuck race. Used to be none here 20 years ago.

Yeah, those little bastards keep eating my birdseed  >:(
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #114 on: July 03, 2014, 08:00:58 AM »

Jimmy was one of the greats.   :'(
Hard to watch that without getting choked up 
:'(
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #115 on: July 03, 2014, 08:03:05 AM »
My puppy is trying to eat our blinds right now, instead of scolding him I just gave him a hug (which he probably liked less than a scolding). Sucks to lose your dog, hope the other one is doing ok.

Re-direction works very well.
:

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: July 03, 2014, 08:07:26 AM »
TA, it could have been Cushing's Disease.

Did the vet ever consider this diagnosis?

My Cairn Terrier had this, and was properly diagnose.  She lived until she was 15.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #117 on: July 03, 2014, 08:07:45 AM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2014, 08:26:38 AM »
TA, it could have been Cushing's Disease.

Did the vet ever consider this diagnosis?

My Cairn Terrier had this, and was properly diagnose.  She lived until she was 15.

I don't think there is a test to diagnose Cushing's, only tests to rule it out.  I had a dog that was treated for it for years, but we (the vet and I) were never entirely sure she had it.  She lived to 19.

:

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2014, 09:35:04 AM »
Muslim or black, maybe both.
Its benny b. Hes black, and hands down the most racist poster on the board.

Hes like every black stereotype all rolled into one. Calls wiggs a house negro/Uncle tom, excuses all shitty behavior by his kin, white man is the root of all the black mans problems, democrats are all saviors, conservatives are all racist bastards, yadda yadda yadda.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2014, 09:50:40 AM »
Its benny b. Hes black, and hands down the most racist poster on the board.

Hes like every black stereotype all rolled into one. Calls wiggs a house negro/Uncle tom, excuses all shitty behavior by his kin, white man is the root of all the black mans problems, democrats are all saviors, conservatives are all racist bastards, yadda yadda yadda.

I suspect hes a white guy doing his best minstrel show version of a black power militant.  You only get that kind of self loathing from a white liberal.  He is BennyB but is also another poster.  I suspect a particular person but don't have any proof.
A

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2014, 09:52:47 AM »
One of my beloved Greyhounds passed away last night.  Its not easy at all as she was by my side always and I never left her.

sorry to hear that brother

they are family
T

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #122 on: July 03, 2014, 09:59:41 AM »
Sorry to hear, I got a 12 year old dog a jack russell. I'll hate when that happens here.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2014, 10:15:26 AM »
Can't read 5 pages tonight but I'm sorry to hear it, TA.  I'm sure your dog was spoiled every day.

the trainer

« Reply #124 on: July 03, 2014, 10:30:06 AM »
While some of you are spoiling dogs with expensive food kids are dying from starvation in africa how many of you have donated to this worthy cause.