Author Topic: Why get married...  (Read 4068 times)

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
Re: Why get married...
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2014, 09:29:56 AM »
Usually because you find someone you want to get married to.

Does not mean you necessarily ever wanted to get married prior to that point.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2014, 09:37:37 AM »
People Get married because they are conditioned from birth.  Like most people they don't question their conditioning, just blindly follow through with it and are genuinely confused at 50 when they are divorced, broke, hated, their children don't visit coupled with a middle age paunch, hair loss and they live in a dumpy apartment with tons of debt.  They then try and warn the newb's who also fail to listen as their conditioning is too strong and thus the cycle continues happily ever after.
V

Dogma2010

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2014, 09:43:49 AM »
What. I never thought this place was full of softees. To not be alone...is this a joke. You like having a woman up around you 24/7? How are you not poor?

They are distracting in the process of acquiring funds and are a depreciating resource due to their lack of fertility in their later years. Marrying today is simply an outdated concept especially when Jamal and Tyrone have 5 kids each and are active with all their baby mamas

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2014, 09:45:40 AM »
I'm getting married soon. I never thought I would. I met someone who I'm extremely compatible with. She improves my life she is like my personal secretary and assistant. I get home from gym dinner is ready. My laundry is done without asking. She went away this weekend to see her family what does she do before she leaves? Stocks up the kitchen with my favorite foods. I have a test coming up she made me over 200 flashcards to study with. I seriously have it very good. She's from a southern family god fearing people soft spoken people.

Before we met I was still living like a college kid it was getting old. Now when I go to bed every night I have my little sweet heart snuggled up on my chest so comfortably.

Sounds like a keeper. Congratulations!

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2014, 09:50:58 AM »
Lot of folks on here scared of marriage. These threads come up often. Let me get this.... Is somebody holding a gun to your head and forcing you to get married?  Lol. If you don't want to get married then by all means don't do it.  Its your life.

And if you have to ask...'why get married?' Then you are by no means ready to do so

But to answer your question:

To share your life, values, wealth, happiness, etc. With someone you truly love.
To start a family.
To commit yourself to your soul mate.
To be someone's support system, and to have a support system of your own.
To wake up to a ray of sunshine every morning and know they'll always be there everyday.
To take care of someone and have someone take care of you.
To have someone keep you grounded.
To be challenged intellectually (assuming you didn't marry a complete bimbo)
To have someone cook for you, do your laundry, take care of your child, lol.
To have a second family who you're as close to as your own.
Also doesn't hurt having a second income if your spouse also works (more toys for you).

Sure you could have all these things without getting married but if you're asking why, then I guess something's missing
Sure there are no guarantees that it'll work out but that's the case with everything in life you just have to do your best and take it day by day.

PS I've been happily married for 8 years with one  baby and wouldn't change it for the world!

I love this  :)

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2014, 09:56:44 AM »
What. I never thought this place was full of softees. To not be alone...is this a joke. You like having a woman up around you 24/7? How are you not poor?

They are distracting in the process of acquiring funds and are a depreciating resource due to their lack of fertility in their later years. Marrying today is simply an outdated concept especially when Jamal and Tyrone have 5 kids each and are active with all their baby mamas

Maybe look into women with greater earning potential?

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2014, 10:12:23 AM »
Maybe look into women with greater earning potential?

Or find a girl who's not a gold digger lol

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2014, 10:30:32 AM »
Or find a girl who's not a gold digger lol

Or that. That works, too

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2014, 11:24:03 AM »
Marriage is a strong tradition and way of manifesting your feelings in a union.

You can do it or not.

If you are scared of being married, don't.

I believe marriage benefits some personality types.

And I believe it destroys life for others.

I think you can have everything a marriage entails... Minus a expensive wedding and minus the economical problems than can occur if it ends in a divorce.

If you think about it, you shouldn't be able to divorce at all. The marriage is supposed to be holy and if you can get out anyway, where's the sacred union?

But I digress..

Marriage is actually just tradition/social rules really. Good or bad. THAT'S the reason

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2014, 11:31:08 AM »
Ok. So he gets married (something he values) to leave a legacy (something else he values).

He's living his life in line with his beliefs. Don't see what's wrong here. No, nobody else cares about his legacy, except for Spiro and most likely his wife

It's all good, but none of that really matters..

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2014, 11:39:16 AM »

You can do it or not.

I think you can have everything a marriage entails... Minus a expensive wedding and minus the economical problems than can occur if it ends in a divorce.

If you think about it, you shouldn't be able to divorce at all. The marriage is supposed to be holy and if you can get out anyway, where's the sacred union?

But I digress..

Marriage is actually just tradition/social rules really. Good or bad. THAT'S the reason

The issue is... that many people does that out of this "conditioning" you speak about, when sometimes they shouldn't at all or to a wrong person (many many people get married for a wide range of reasons and "love" and "compatibility" is far from always a priority..), which earlier or later ends in a disaster for everyone involved.
 It's a huge decision, commitment, these who say I've been married for 8-10 years and it's all good, I hope it will continue to be so, but people get divorced after 20-25-30 years, I know personally a few of these couples. Don't do this like a fukkin sheep, our of fear or family pressure, because of an unplanned pregnancy (a horrible situation if a person is not "that very one") etc... it won't end well. There are way better reasons I think.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2014, 11:43:35 AM »

You can do it or not.

But I digress..

It's the divorce that destroys, not the marriage itself.

Marriage is holy and sacred?... if that were true so no one would be getting divorced in fear of the afterlife consequences.  The notion that marriage is holy and sacred comes from societal and religious conditioning.  

Marriage is really nothing more than a financial arrangement... one that is legally binding.  You can love and have companionship with someone without being married to them.  Let's keep the government, lawyers and courts out of our business as much as we can.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2014, 01:39:51 PM »
Basically, if you must get married, you should marry your best friend

Not a vapid cumhole

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2014, 01:59:17 PM »
 ::)  There are no good reasons

Simple Simon

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2014, 02:00:26 PM »

Not a vapid cumhole

Sev, is that you?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2014, 02:01:54 PM »
Nothing last forever. Anyone notice unmarried guys with no kids tend to look younger and are in better shape?

of course.  WAY less stress.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2014, 02:11:58 PM »

Not a vapid cumhole

Solid advice.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2014, 02:46:44 PM »
I've had good examples to follow to. My aunt's uncles grandparents parents all stayed married and all of them were happy and supportive of each other. My mom and dad have been married for thirty years and they treat each other so well. You have to follow certain principals and work hard and be fair to each other. Then you have some kids and leave a legacy behind.

LOL

Like anyone gives a rat's ass about your "legacy".

Oh brother.  ::)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2014, 02:50:19 PM »
Because you love someone so much you know you'll never want to live without them and they feel the same way about you. Of course you don't have to make it legal. Emotionally speaking the commitment is the thing. There are distinct legal and financial advantages to being married over simply living together.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2014, 02:51:07 PM »
My grandparents were married over 75 years.

Can you imagine sinking your warhammer into the same pussy for 75 YEARS?!

What a colossal drag.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2014, 02:56:54 PM »

My grandparents were married over 75 years and it wasn't all happy happy, joy joy.  Theirs like so many relationships was a love/hate situation.

My wife and I are shooting for 50 years this year. And like your grandparents, marriage hasn't been all sugar coated bliss day in and day out. We've had our good moments and not so good ones. When all is said and done though the good times well outweigh the bad times. I wouldn't go so far as to say we have a love/hate relationship though....guess I should ask my wife about that for confirmation, huh?

Simple Simon

« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2014, 02:57:45 PM »

What a colossal drag.
Im pretty sure it looked a bit different at the end that when he started.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2014, 03:00:33 PM »

What a colossal drag.

I pretty sure this works two ways. Women might feel having the same old shriveled up "warhammer" shoved into their vagina gets old too.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2014, 03:34:01 PM »
Because you love someone so much you know you'll never want to live without them and they feel the same way about you. Of course you don't have to make it legal. Emotionally speaking the commitment is the thing. There are distinct legal and financial advantages to being married over simply living together.

Especially when the divorce papers arrive.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2014, 03:40:37 PM »
Especially when the divorce papers arrive.

If you feel you have something to worry about in the future with a particular person, you should insist on a prenuptial agreement or simply not marry that person. Many young couples go into marriage not having a lot of money. What they amass during the marriage is considered joint property, as it should be. If you are marrying with and eye for eventual divorce, then you probably aren't good marriage material.