Author Topic: Jobs and bodybuilders  (Read 11214 times)

Simple Simon

Re: Jobs and bodybuilders
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2014, 03:20:11 PM »
Fireman is a great job for a bodybuilder cause if there is no fire you sit around all day doing nothing.
You need to be able to climb a ladder without gassing.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2014, 03:24:29 PM »
well, if you wanna be a bodybuilder, the one thing you DON'T want to do is work in a gym, own a gym, run a gym, or anything related TO the gym.

it's like a guy who loves pizza, then gets a job in Papa Johns... last thing he wants to do is EAT pizza now since it's no longer something to look forward to.. no longer an 'escape' of some sort.

just like the automotive tech who works on other ppls cars all day long, but can't get around to changing out his fan belts or doing his own oil change.

I'd go back to prop-trading in a heartbeat. out of bed at 5.. watch CNBC, check Bloomberg, watch CNN/BBC, trade from 6am till 1pm while watching people talk on TV, watching your screens, looking at charts, eating what you want, when you want, at your own desk in your own home... then do post market stuff/trades/research etc... then eat more.. then hit the gym at 5pm/primetime.. eat, and in bed by 9/10pm.

Simple Simon

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2014, 03:25:42 PM »
well, if you wanna be a bodybuilder, the one thing you DON'T want to do is work in a gym, own a gym, run a gym, or anything related TO the gym.

it's like a guy who loves pizza, then gets a job in Papa Johns... last thing he wants to do is EAT pizza now since it's no longer something to look forward to.. no longer an 'escape' of some sort.

just like the automotive tech who works on other ppls cars all day long, but can't get around to changing out his fan belts or doing his own oil change.

I'd go back to prop-trading in a heartbeat. out of bed at 5.. watch CNBC, check Bloomberg, watch CNN/BBC, trade from 6am till 1pm while watching people talk on TV, watching your screens, looking at charts, eating what you want, when you want, at your own desk in your own home... then do post market stuff/trades/research etc... then eat more.. then hit the gym at 5pm/primetime.. eat, and in bed by 9/10pm.
I read that too fast, I thought it said "poop"   ;D

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2014, 03:26:49 PM »
Don't be silly.  Bodybuilders work for supplement companies.  Usually in the bio chemistry departments.

::) ::) ::)
So why 4-6 of them live in 1 bedroom place,  :D

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2014, 03:28:19 PM »
you fuckers slay me......you guys post away on getbig and then complain about bbers not having a 9-5 job......lol

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2014, 03:42:43 PM »
I think what happens is the bodybuilders who have gone out and gotten real jobs give up bodybuilding. So the only thing left is bodybuilders who never got a real job and continue bodybuilding because they know no better.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2014, 10:39:11 PM »
Why is it that bodybuilders are afraid of real jobs, I have heard many bodybuilders say that they are forced to do g4p, prostitution etc cause they dont have money, are they not aware that there are real jobs available if you are willing to work or is it that they are just lazy and dont like to work,

Some, certainly not all bodybuilders suffer ergophobia.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2014, 10:44:59 PM »
Why is it that bodybuilders are afraid of real jobs, I have heard many bodybuilders say that they are forced to do g4p, prostitution etc cause they dont have money, are they not aware that there are real jobs available if you are willing to work or is it that they are just lazy and dont like to work,

excellent thread, there is no excuse for not being a man and working hard for a living. I walked into a roofing company and begged for a job for 14 bucks an hour and slaved it for years then went on my own as an independent contractor making almost double, then started my own business from the ground, now make my own work, get the jobs, have a crew and make my own hours and have a lot of freedom, fucken lazy muthaf... bodybuilders FFS.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2014, 10:51:23 PM »
excellent thread, there is no excuse for not being a man and working hard for a living. I walked into a roofing company and begged for a job for 14 bucks an hour and slaved it for years then went on my own as an independent contractor making almost double, then started my own business from the ground, now make my own work, get the jobs, have a crew and make my own hours and have a lot of freedom, fucken lazy muthaf... bodybuilders FFS.

My stepdad was a painting contractor. Like you, he started out working for someone else and moved into contracting. Being self-employed has benefits. It is also hard work. Kudos to you for being ambitious enough to strike out on your own and for making a success of this.

I was too chicken shit to do this, so I ended up working for someone else my entire work life. In the end, it paid off for me. I have a nice retirement income which is fairly secure.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2014, 10:54:21 PM »
My stepdad was a painting contractor. Like you he started out working for someone else and moved into contracting. Being self-employed has benefits. It is also hard work. Kudos to you for being ambitious enough to strike out on your own and for making a success of this.

I was too chicken shit to do this, so I ended up working for someone else my entire work life. In the end, it paid off for me. I have a nice retirement income which is fairly secure.
hey bro props to you too, work is work, whether on your own or for someone, you stuck it out and now enjoying yourself

Simple Simon

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2014, 12:20:34 AM »

Unfortunatly all that time spent at work has kept you under 200lbs.

Just kidding mate.    ;D

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2014, 12:34:29 AM »
Unfortunatly all that time spent at work has kept you under 200lbs.

Just kidding mate.    ;D
actually you are not incorrect, fucken hard to gain weight doing 10+ hours in the sun, also no appetite, some days from morning to night I would lose as much as 8-9 lb. which is why i want to give it one more go now that I work a lot less  ;)

Simple Simon

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2014, 12:39:45 AM »
actually you are not incorrect, fucken hard to gain weight doing 10+ hours in the sun, also no appetite, some days from morning to night I would lose as much as 8-9 lb. which is why i want to give it one more go now that I work a lot less  ;)
I used to work 12 hours a day 6 days a week, tried drinking 12 pints of milk a day to gain weight, nothing, not a pound.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2014, 01:55:39 AM »
bums and ponces are prevalent in all walks of life not exclusive to bodybuilding. some people are just lazy and or have no talent. i know of plenty big guys who are successful not all g4pay ponces who sell their aholes for a few vials of GH.

Sophus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2014, 02:44:50 AM »
In most cases these guys have an average level of education

So by selling their ability to work in a standard way one would be able to pay for a flat, all the food and some grams of gear/w

But then you need all those other drugs that this "sport" requires to be successful

Like gh

And then people start sucking cock for money, and its good money if you have a physique like the new guy here

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2014, 03:38:27 AM »

How do you trade at 6am when the US markets don't open til after 9am?
S

Simple Simon

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2014, 03:40:14 AM »
How do you trade at 6am when the US markets don't open til after 9am?
Simple, he tells them to open.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2014, 04:20:03 AM »
Simple, he tells them to open.

CA is 3 hours behind thanks to a insider dealing tip  :P

But news from BBC and CNBC won't cut the mustard, needs direct news feed from company announcements to reach you as they go out in the UK we have www.investegate.co.uk, analysts ratings and research to reach you directly as well....etc, for this you need paying platforms, they are really worth their money www.morningstar.co.uk is another valuable resource. This way you can act on it within seconds/minutes and when the market absorbs  it you reap up the benefits or avoid/sell to avoid losses.

TBH I know two day traders and most days they just sit on their long/medium, opportunities to do a day trade are far and in between.
S

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2014, 04:35:31 AM »
CA is 3 hours behind thanks to a insider dealing tip  :P

But news from BBC and CNBC won't cut the mustard, needs direct news feed from company announcements to reach you as they go out in the UK we have www.investegate.co.uk, analysts ratings and research to reach you directly as well....etc, for this you need paying platforms, they are really worth their money www.morningstar.co.uk is another valuable resource. This way you can act on it within seconds/minutes and when the market absorbs  it you reap up the benefits or avoid/sell to avoid losses.

TBH I know two day traders and most days they just sit on their long/medium, opportunities to do a day trade are far and in between.

are you saying that esf fitness might be stretching the truth  ???

I find all his stories credible

a 300lb prison fighting champion multi millionaire

sounds plausible to me
T

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2014, 04:56:16 AM »
Become a chef...

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2014, 04:56:32 AM »
are you saying that esf fitness might be stretching the truth  ???

I find all his stories credible

a 300lb prison fighting champion multi millionaire

sounds plausible to me

Of course it sounds plausible, all you have to do is let the guitar stitches heal, then wake up at 6am Cali time ready for CNBC news giving you a heads up before everyone else to splash your cash around the NASDAQ and by 1pm sell your holdings to realise the profits then go to the gym...tomorrow same thing.

Nick Toscani just finished trading, I hear he's already in the Bahamas enjoying the afternoon:

S

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2014, 08:32:37 AM »
Hahahah! To think he was a REAL cop doing REAL cop work, all when he couldn't even fit into a bulletproof vest, is laughable!

He was a real cop; and he was such before he became a bodybuilder. Sergio Oliva was a cop, too.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2014, 08:40:48 AM »

Bodybuilders aren't afraid of real jobs. Most have them. You are overemphasizing the few that do foolishness like gay prostitution and pretending that such goes for the bulk of competitors.

Ronnie Coleman was a cop; Porter Cottrell was a firefighter, as is Steve Kuclo. David Henry is in the Air Force. Lee Labrada and the late Nasser El Sonbaty were engineers. Marks Ruhl (believe it or not) sold used cars. Mark Dugdale owns a vegetable company in Washington (state). The late Don Youngblood owned a trucking company. Then, there's Lee Banks, who runs day care centers in Florida, where he occasionally dresses as a giant duck.

And that's just a small example.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2014, 08:47:40 AM »
The funny thing is that Nick Toscani actually is a trader in all seriousness

I work in the industry, jizzin on yourself is not considered a common trading practice for hedging your exposure to risk.
S