Author Topic: Jobs and bodybuilders  (Read 11130 times)

the trainer

Re: Jobs and bodybuilders
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2014, 09:37:48 AM »
The funny thing is that Nick Toscani actually is a trader in all seriousness

You are 100 percent in saying that nick is a trader cause he trades his dick and ass for cash.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2014, 11:05:54 AM »
CA is 3 hours behind thanks to a insider dealing tip  :P

But news from BBC and CNBC won't cut the mustard, needs direct news feed from company announcements to reach you as they go out in the UK we have www.investegate.co.uk, analysts ratings and research to reach you directly as well....etc, for this you need paying platforms, they are really worth their money www.morningstar.co.uk is another valuable resource. This way you can act on it within seconds/minutes and when the market absorbs  it you reap up the benefits or avoid/sell to avoid losses.

TBH I know two day traders and most days they just sit on their long/medium, opportunities to do a day trade are far and in between.

Who the fuck can day trade against a rigged HFT market anyway? A comcast cablemodem won't do fuck-all against a JPM super-computer located 2ms away from the NASDAQ mainframe.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2014, 11:13:54 AM »
Who the fuck can day trade against a rigged HFT market anyway? A comcast cablemodem won't do fuck-all against a JPM super-computer located 2ms away from the NASDAQ mainframe.

all you're trying to do as a day trader is catch a little bit of the % of the stock's pop... if it pops 3%, I'm not expecting to be in on that first 15 and sell at the last of that 3%.. i want that middle 1% and I'm out, just enough to cover transaction costs and turn a profit. guys that want that entire 3% are the ones who lose their ass and are out in 2 months.

I'd much rather trade shorts all day.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2014, 11:15:44 AM »
How do you trade at 6am when the US markets don't open til after 9am?

6am in CA is 9am in NY buddy.

there's these things called time zones.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2014, 11:18:32 AM »
CA is 3 hours behind thanks to a insider dealing tip  :P

But news from BBC and CNBC won't cut the mustard, needs direct news feed from company announcements to reach you as they go out in the UK we have www.investegate.co.uk, analysts ratings and research to reach you directly as well....etc, for this you need paying platforms, they are really worth their money www.morningstar.co.uk is another valuable resource. This way you can act on it within seconds/minutes and when the market absorbs  it you reap up the benefits or avoid/sell to avoid losses.

TBH I know two day traders and most days they just sit on their long/medium, opportunities to do a day trade are far and in between.

well no shit.

what do you think I'm using? etrade on a dell laptop?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2014, 11:22:29 AM »
I'd much rather trade shorts all day.

Until you fall asleep at the switch and get margin-called  :-\

I am long into things that are tangible: real estate and physical commodities (metals). I have been out of equities since 2008 and will NOT be going back. Fuck the Fed and their plans for my money.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2014, 11:42:18 AM »
I thought you said you were in prison when you were day trading? And you were doing it by phone?

well, if you wanna be a bodybuilder, the one thing you DON'T want to do is work in a gym, own a gym, run a gym, or anything related TO the gym.

it's like a guy who loves pizza, then gets a job in Papa Johns... last thing he wants to do is EAT pizza now since it's no longer something to look forward to.. no longer an 'escape' of some sort.

just like the automotive tech who works on other ppls cars all day long, but can't get around to changing out his fan belts or doing his own oil change.

I'd go back to prop-trading in a heartbeat. out of bed at 5.. watch CNBC, check Bloomberg, watch CNN/BBC, trade from 6am till 1pm while watching people talk on TV, watching your screens, looking at charts, eating what you want, when you want, at your own desk in your own home... then do post market stuff/trades/research etc... then eat more.. then hit the gym at 5pm/primetime.. eat, and in bed by 9/10pm.
A

the trainer

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2014, 11:45:55 AM »
I thought you said you were in prison when you were day trading? And you were doing it by phone?

He has connections in prison like the mafia does.

Simple Simon

« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2014, 11:48:11 AM »
It was like Goodfellas for him.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2014, 11:49:12 AM »
Until you fall asleep at the switch and get margin-called  :-\

I am long into things that are tangible: real estate and physical commodities (metals). I have been out of equities since 2008 and will NOT be going back. Fuck the Fed and their plans for my money.

Invest on fundamentals. Mostly bottom-up. And don't pay attention to what others are doing or say they are doing. Take the ego out of it.

Many people who actually do invest will exaggerate, and most who claim to day trade lie - they either went broke in a year or 2 or less, or they make the whole thing up as they go along. Transaction costs and realized losses from trying to compete with automated HFT systems eat them alive. And just about all information that moves stocks either way is released outside of market hours. Very little movement occurs very often between 9:30 am and 4 pm EST. You make most of your money when your longs open up higher today than they closed yesterday, and shorts open up lower today than they were yesterday. And puts are much safer than shorts.
A

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2014, 12:05:28 PM »
Over the past 60+ years I have been in and around Bodybuilding I have noted the happiest Bodybuilders have regular 40-60 hour weeks in private industry, medical related fields and or government. A few that tried to live off the sport as gym owners, nutrition store owners have made it that way....but earn no more than the worker bees out in industry.'Almost all' private trainers have failed unless they are married to a second income. Some  exceptions...not many. A few top tier pros with contracts do OK. Other pros struggle.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2014, 12:11:11 PM »
Over the past 60+ years I have been in and around Bodybuilding I have noted the happiest Bodybuilders have regular 40-60 hour weeks in private industry, medical related fields and or government. A few that tried to live off the sport as gym owners, nutrition store owners have made it that way....but earn no more than the worker bees out in industry.'Almost all' private trainers have failed unless they are married to a second income. Some  exceptions...not many. A few top tier pros with contracts do OK. Other pros struggle.

In other words: it's a hobby, not a profession and sure as fuck not a "way of life"

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2014, 12:12:20 PM »
6am in CA is 9am in NY buddy.

there's these things called time zones.

Ouch, Slurp1nHo's assault easily parried as a result of this blunder.

the trainer

« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2014, 12:19:03 PM »
 If you are not a super genetic freak then bodybuilding should be a hobby not a job, I see so many guys with average genes saying they want to be pros and trying to live the lifestyle 24/7, then they start pushing 40 and finally realize that they will never be a pro and they have no skills  so they end up old and broke.

The smart thing to do is get a career and if you make it in bodybuilding then you can quit your day job and if not its just business as usual.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2014, 12:39:52 PM »
Ouch, Slurp1nHo's assault easily parried as a result of this blunder.

I already said hours before he came abt the ca ny 3hrs...I didn't know where he lived.
S

Simple Simon

« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2014, 12:42:52 PM »
If you are not a super genetic freak then bodybuilding should be a hobby not a job, I see so many guys with average genes saying they want to be pros and trying to live the lifestyle 24/7, then they start pushing 40 and finally realize that they will never be a pro and they have no skills  so they end up old and broke.

The smart thing to do is get a career and if you make it in bodybuilding then you can quit your day job and if not its just business as usual.

I have a job and also look phenomenal thanks.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2014, 01:38:31 PM »

yep. used excel spreedsheets at the work computers (had to pay a guy $40 to smuggle me in a USB thumbdrive), and had to factor in the cost of the phone calls into transaction costs (calls aren't cheap.. found a way around that by using Magic Jack.. not me using magic jack, but the person I called everyday), and had to work with day old WSJ and IBD's along with news on TV (I had a tv, of course), and did a lot of handwritten paperwork with a little $3 calculator. don't forget, I was trading during the crash, so a lot of my profits were from short positions.... I'd much, much rather trade in a bear market.

I'd traded years before as well though after being introduced to it by an ex gf's roommate.

Simple Simon

« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2014, 01:40:15 PM »
yep. used excel spreedsheets at the work computers (had to pay a guy $40 to smuggle me in a USB thumbdrive), and had to factor in the cost of the phone calls into transaction costs (calls aren't cheap.. found a way around that by using Magic Jack.. not me using magic jack, but the person I called everyday), and had to work with day old WSJ and IBD's along with news on TV (I had a tv, of course), and did a lot of handwritten paperwork with a little $3 calculator. don't forget, I was trading during the crash, so a lot of my profits were from short positions.... I'd much, much rather trade in a bear market.

I'd traded years before as well though after being introduced to it by an ex gf's roommate.

Sounds like you really did "hard time"

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2014, 01:43:24 PM »

yea, it's called a telephone/phone cards, wall street journal, investors biz daily, cnbc, cnn, and fox news.

Simple Simon

« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2014, 01:44:29 PM »
yea, it's called a telephone/phone cards, wall street journal, investors biz daily, cnbc, cnn, and fox news.
Lockdown.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2014, 02:25:24 PM »

Bodybuilders aren't afraid of real jobs. Most have them. You are overemphasizing the few that do foolishness like gay prostitution and pretending that such goes for the bulk of competitors.

Ronnie Coleman was a cop; Porter Cottrell was a firefighter, as is Steve Kuclo. David Henry is in the Air Force. Lee Labrada and the late Nasser El Sonbaty were engineers. Marks Ruhl (believe it or not) sold used cars. Mark Dugdale owns a vegetable company in Washington (state). The late Don Youngblood owned a trucking company. Then, there's Lee Banks, who runs day care centers in Florida, where he occasionally dresses as a giant duck.

And that's just a small example.

excellent post.......very good examples of bbers with legitimate jobs.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2014, 02:34:32 PM »
everybody forgets, bbing can be expensive... especially back in the day before ugls, and even with Mexican/aussie vet products, stuff was expensive, and the risk of getting burned was very real.

not to mention the cost of food... and the cost of supplements back in the day (before discount internet commerce).

if you wanted a bbing vid to motivate you, you had to drop $40 on a vhs tape and watch that fucker till it was blurry.

it was quite the eye opener when I found out a very large number of the bbers I saw in the mags growing up were living off of insecure, financially stable girlfriends.. usually for about 6-12months at a time till they got kicked out and slept on friends couches till they found another poor dumb girl to max out her credit cards. (not to mention, many of them are coke/meth/pain killer addicts)

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2014, 02:58:15 PM »
A

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2014, 06:46:49 PM »
I already said hours before he came abt the ca ny 3hrs...I didn't know where he lived.

You knew he was Americano and thus that there was a 96% chance (48/50) that premarket trading would be open at 0600 in his state. Yet you presented the time issue as potential evidence of a lie.

It's ok, mate: the UK is the size of one of America's toes, hence your confusion with time zones. I don't blame you.

weekend prince

« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2014, 07:23:05 PM »
partaking in the study and, act of schmoeology seems favorable for most.