Author Topic: Jobs and bodybuilders  (Read 11132 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Jobs and bodybuilders
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2014, 07:26:21 PM »
I used to work 12 hours a day 6 days a week, tried drinking 12 pints of milk a day to gain weight, nothing, not a pound.

Find a dairy farmer, drink the whole milk you get from them and I guarantee you will bulk up! Not afraid of real unpasteurized milk are you?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2014, 07:30:18 PM »
For the last many years of my career, I had a sedentary job which rarely moved me away from my desk. There is nothing worse than this kind of job for bodybuilding.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2014, 07:33:04 PM »
I suppose in the vernacular of their "trade" - "Why work, when you can jerk?"

Lazy, stupid, won't even get a job at the Woolsworth sellin' Flair Pens kind of people, that's bodybuilders.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2014, 09:32:32 PM »
For the last many years of my career, I had a sedentary job which rarely moved me away from my desk. There is nothing worse than this kind of job for bodybuilding.

huh?

I'd much, much rather sit at a desk and do spreadsheets all day.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2014, 11:58:26 PM »
huh?

I'd much, much rather sit at a desk and do spreadsheets all day.

Perhaps, but it is contrary to good health. At least buy yourself a stand up desk. A body in motion. stays in motion.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2014, 12:15:19 AM »
Perhaps, but it is contrary to good health. At least buy yourself a stand up desk. A body in motion. stays in motion.

walking around all day.. standing up all day.. carrying shit all day.

.. all that shit DRAINS you and wears you down day after day. saps any desire to train afterwards.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2014, 12:55:23 AM »
walking around all day.. standing up all day.. carrying shit all day.

.. all that shit DRAINS you and wears you down day after day. saps any desire to train afterwards.

Agreed

I have a desk job, would rather do this. In my university days I did a couple of temp manual jobs, I would get home shattered with strained joints, my knees definitely did not take kindly to standing up a whole days work, not in the parking lot not in the grocery store not anywhere.
S

Simple Simon

« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2014, 12:56:09 AM »
Agreed

I have a desk job, would rather do this. In my university days I did a couple of part-time/temp manual jobs, I would get home shattered and sometimes with strained joints, my knees definitely did not take kindly to standing up a whole days work, not in the parking lot not in the grocery store not anywhere.

;D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2014, 06:10:00 AM »
I used to work 12 hours a day 6 days a week, tried drinking 12 pints of milk a day to gain weight, nothing, not a pound.

2 gallons of milk a day.  :o  How many toilets did you have to replace?

Find a dairy farmer, drink the whole milk you get from them and I guarantee you will bulk up! Not afraid of real unpasteurized milk are you?

I doubt pasteurization would have an effect on calories.  On top of which he's full of shit unless the milk replaced, rather than supplemented, his usual calories. 

Nutritionally, I think it will destroy some enzymes, such as lactase (which might save him some $ on toilet replacement), but that's more than offset by the fact that pasteurization kills lots of really bad bugs.  Tuberculosis is the prime risk with raw milk.  It's afficionados and purveyors don't really publicize that.  Please ask a doctor if you're a big time raw milk guy.

Agreed

I have a desk job, would rather do this. In my university days I did a couple of temp manual jobs, I would get home shattered with strained joints, my knees definitely did not take kindly to standing up a whole days work, not in the parking lot not in the grocery store not anywhere.

No surprise.  They had you sitting at a desk since you were 6yo.  I'm sorry to hear you were unable to break free of the cycle.  :(  Don't lose hope.  It's never too late get a real man's job.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2014, 06:37:22 AM »
No surprise.  They had you sitting at a desk since you were 6yo.  I'm sorry to hear you were unable to break free of the cycle.  :(  Don't lose hope.  It's never too late get a real man's job.

Yes, I am sure that Skorp is actively looking to emulate your lifestyle...

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2014, 07:14:28 AM »
when i was into my little competing faze,lol, i was working 12 hr days, id go to diamond gym at 430am n train till 645am, then go to work from 7am to 7pm,then come home n do 30 minuts cardio n take shower n go to bed around 9pm every night, i was alot younger n wasnt married n my life revolved around gettin as much pussy as possible till my dick got raw, n i also worked at a brazilian nightclub doing security on frid n saturday nights, talk about pussy all over the place :o man that was pussy heaven :D
R

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2014, 07:18:43 AM »

Whole milk is disgusting and very harsh on the liver.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2014, 07:21:41 AM »

The liver is quite the pussy of an organ. Everything is "harsh" on it.

FFS, life is "harsh on the liver"

the trainer

« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2014, 07:25:27 AM »

You are totally illiterate about nutrition, unpasteurized whole milk from grass fed cows is the most anabolic milk you can drink, try that shit and you will put on some size.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2014, 07:56:06 AM »
You are totally illiterate about nutrition, unpasteurized whole milk from grass fed cows is the most anabolic milk you can drink, try that shit and you will put on some size.

yes Falco...if you can't listen to a guy who's about 6 feet tall, about 250lbs, about 8%, then I don't know.
S

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2014, 08:10:23 AM »
Yes, I am sure that Skorp is actively looking to emulate your lifestyle...

???  I don't wear glasses.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2014, 09:21:35 AM »
I doubt pasteurization would have an effect on calories.  On top of which he's full of shit unless the milk replaced, rather than supplemented, his usual calories. 

Nutritionally, I think it will destroy some enzymes, such as lactase (which might save him some $ on toilet replacement), but that's more than offset by the fact that pasteurization kills lots of really bad bugs.  Tuberculosis is the prime risk with raw milk.  It's afficionados and purveyors don't really publicize that.  Please ask a doctor if you're a big time raw milk guy.

I was recalling a time when a co-worker was bringing me milk from his farm and I gained a lot of weight. I assumed it was not pasteurized, but I was practically still a kid and I didn't give it much thought. One thing I remember is having to shake the cream down from the top. Anyway, the post wasn't meant as a health tip.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2014, 09:35:13 AM »

Milk fat can give the immune system and metabolism a boost, making milk with higher fat content a source of unexpected physiological benefits. For example, the nutrients found in whole milk can decrease the risk of infertility in women, lower the possibility of colorectal cancer for men, and even help build muscle throughout the body.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2014, 09:38:22 AM »
everybody forgets, bbing can be expensive... especially back in the day before ugls, and even with Mexican/aussie vet products, stuff was expensive, and the risk of getting burned was very real.

not to mention the cost of food... and the cost of supplements back in the day (before discount internet commerce).

if you wanted a bbing vid to motivate you, you had to drop $40 on a vhs tape and watch that fucker till it was blurry.

it was quite the eye opener when I found out a very large number of the bbers I saw in the mags growing up were living off of insecure, financially stable girlfriends.. usually for about 6-12months at a time till they got kicked out and slept on friends couches till they found another poor dumb girl to max out her credit cards. (not to mention, many of them are coke/meth/pain killer addicts)

The operative words are "CAN BE EXPENSIVE". I can't speak on the drug stuff. But, as far as the rest goes.....

Food: Buy in bulk, when possible; go vegetarian if necessary. Milk and eggs are cheaper than meat. Get you other proteins from legumes and grains and learn which combos make complete proteins.

Gym: Get the cheapest you can find; dredge up them old-school cement weights, if necessary.

Supplements: Unless you can get them on clearance, use them sparingly with emphasis on protein powders.

the trainer

« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2014, 10:01:16 AM »
The operative words are "CAN BE EXPENSIVE". I can't speak on the drug stuff. But, as far as the rest goes.....

Food: Buy in bulk, when possible; go vegetarian if necessary. Milk and eggs are cheaper than meat. Get you other proteins from legumes and grains and learn which combos make complete proteins.

Gym: Get the cheapest you can find; dredge up them old-school cement weights, if necessary.

Supplements: Unless you can get them on clearance, use them sparingly with emphasis on protein powders.

Man cannot make food more anabolic than nature can which is why i am not a fan of whey protein, its processed with heat giving it higher levels of  acidity  toxicity which is not good for the body then sweeten with artificial sweeteners, just drink whole milk.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2014, 10:28:33 AM »
Man cannot make food more anabolic than nature can which is why i am not a fan of whey protein, its processed with heat giving it higher levels of  acidity  toxicity which is not good for the body then sweeten with artificial sweeteners, just drink whole milk.

The problem with that is lactose. If you're intolerant, you end up buying a bunch of Lactaid which negates the savings aspect.

Plus, I wasn't speaking about protein powder being more or less anabolic. The emphasis is simply on being cheap. With certain clearance sales (particularly at GNC), whey protein is cheaper than milk and eggs.

goomba420

• Getbig III
  • It could always be worse. Positivity is key.
« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2014, 10:34:16 AM »
yep. used excel spreedsheets at the work computers (had to pay a guy $40 to smuggle me in a USB thumbdrive), and had to factor in the cost of the phone calls into transaction costs (calls aren't cheap.. found a way around that by using Magic Jack.. not me using magic jack, but the person I called everyday), and had to work with day old WSJ and IBD's along with news on TV (I had a tv, of course), and did a lot of handwritten paperwork with a little $3 calculator. don't forget, I was trading during the crash, so a lot of my profits were from short positions.... I'd much, much rather trade in a bear market.

I'd traded years before as well though after being introduced to it by an ex gf's roommate.

LMAO, it never ends with this fucking guy. Why don't you pitch your life story to HBO and make a series out of it?

Former drugs smuggler / bodybuilder Eric Scott is serving time for a felony, but he's a little different from the others.. A hardcore iron-lifter by day, Eric retreats to the corner of his cell in the night, and precariously looks through CNN, fox and MSNBC's stock sections, building a massive fortune outside of jail. Now he's out, on parole, and is a full-time stock analyst.. or so they thought.

*cut to Eric Scott breaking mexican pharmacy window and running out with bags full of vials and ED medication*

*cut to explosion of vehicle following botched steroid deal*

*cut to passionate argument between eric and former female companion*

And finally,

* 7AM alarm clock sounds, cut to scene of morning vehicular rush hour, pan to Berkshire Hathaway office, ambient keyboard clicking in background*

Coming June 2015.

I don't take kindly to disrespect. not on the internet, not in person, not in a grocery store parking lot, not in like at walmart, not in a restaurant, not at the beach, not at the dry cleaners... anywhere.

ppl talk about the 'pussyfication' of America, yet they run their mouths thinking they won't get slapped and get their arm broken in front of their friends.

spent many yrs in a place where if you talk slick and say something out of line to somebody, you know that when you say it, you better be ready for what happens. most ppl here in the 'real world', aren't ready for what could happen.. and run their mouths like the world is a make believe cartoon. despite wearing nice slacks, polished shoes and a nice shirt, the guy you steal that parking spot from at the grocery store and proceed to flip off, may have just gotten out of prison and will have no problem identifying they bitch in you and proceed to teach you a lesson by taking you down to the ground and kicking out your teeth before you even know what happened.

the guy who's willing to go the furthest, wins. if you're not willing to go all the way, it's best you keep your mouth shut and move on, and make it to the next day.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2014, 12:03:58 PM »
LMAO, it never ends with this fucking guy. Why don't you pitch your life story to HBO and make a series out of it?

Former drugs smuggler / bodybuilder Eric Scott is serving time for a felony, but he's a little different from the others.. A hardcore iron-lifter by day, Eric retreats to the corner of his cell in the night, and precariously looks through CNN, fox and MSNBC's stock sections and builds a massive fortune outside of jail. Now he's out, on parole, and is a full-time stock analyst.. or so they thought.

*cut to Eric Scott breaking mexican pharmacy window and running out with bags full of vials and ED medication*

*cut to explosion of vehicle following botched steroid deal*

*cut to passionate argument between eric and former female companion*

And finally,

* 7AM alarm clock sounds, cut to scene of morning vehicular rush hour, pan to Berkshire Hathaway office, ambient keyboard clicking in background*

Coming June 2015.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2014, 01:13:28 PM »
not on parole buddy.

wasn't in a cell.

Simple Simon

« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2014, 01:24:09 PM »
not on parole buddy.