Author Topic: Marine to remain in Mexican prison  (Read 17706 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Marine to remain in Mexican prison
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2014, 09:27:22 PM »
Yes, you are a real law and order man.  Lock him up and throw away the key.  ::)

If someone from mexico "accidentally" drove into the usa with 3 bricks of coke, I think most would agree he belongs in prison.

But when someone from USA "accidentally" drives thru a border crossing, into MEX, with 3 guns and piles of ammo - suddenly we should take his mama's word for it and just let him go?   

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2014, 01:31:06 AM »
Same analysis.  Laws regarding illegal possession of firearms were not designed to target people like him, nor was prison designed for people like him. 

An absolute waste of resources and something that is contrary to the freedom we enjoy as American citizens. 

What freedom would that be? The freedom to be indefinitely detained... without charges? ...or worse?
w

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2014, 01:25:54 PM »
If someone from mexico "accidentally" drove into the usa with 3 bricks of coke, I think most would agree he belongs in prison.

But when someone from USA "accidentally" drives thru a border crossing, into MEX, with 3 guns and piles of ammo - suddenly we should take his mama's word for it and just let him go?   

bingo. and Fox News keeps referring to the situation as....traveling with legal weapons.........maybe in the US but not in Mexico. Subtle difference for Fox viewers.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2014, 04:29:29 PM »

Yes, people accidentally drive into foreign countries with three bricks of cocaine all the time.  Just like all those people who drive around with a trunk of dead bodies of people they accidentally killed.  What are we going to do about this? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2014, 04:30:46 PM »
What freedom would that be? The freedom to be indefinitely detained... without charges? ...or worse?

The freedom found in our Constitution.  You should read it, especially since you are so enamored with the greatest country on earth. 

Which American citizens are being indefinitely detained without charges, or worse? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2014, 05:24:31 PM »
Mexican prison ordeal saps Marine Sgt. Tahmooressi's life savings
By Joseph J. Kolb
Published July 17, 2014
FoxNews.com

While Marine Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi was living on a base and eating MREs in Afghanistan and earning a battlefield promotion, his paychecks from Uncle Sam were piling up in the bank.

He dreamed of returning to Weston, Fla., when his second tour of duty ended and buying a new truck, maybe getting a place of his own. At 26, and with a modest nest egg waiting, he had a future back home.

Now Tahmooressi languishes in a Mexican prison, plagued by Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. And the $65,000 he saved in the service of his nation is gone, according to his mother.

"He has already lost all of his life savings."
- Jill Tahmooressi, mother of Marine imprisoned in Mexico
"He has already lost all of his life savings," his mother, Jill Tahmooressi, said. "When this is all over he will have nothing and will be facing an enormous debt."

Tahmooressi has been held since March 31, when he accidentally drove into Mexico at the San Ysidro, Calif., Port of Entry late March 31, after becoming disoriented from poorly lit street signs and being in a position on the road unable to make a last ditch U-turn. He was carrying all of his possessions, including three registered guns – legal in the U.S., but not in Mexico.

If convicted, he faces up to 21 years in prison. But even if he is set free, he will have nothing, his mother fears.

"He's been in jail for three months just for making a wrong turn and now he is broke," Jill Tahmooressi said. "He will walk out of jail a broke man."

Most of the money has been spent on attorneys, Jill Tahmooressi said. The Marine is now represented by Fernando Benitez, a legal star known for defending the mayor of Tijuana on weapons and corruption charges. While the family is confident in Benitez, two prior attorneys did little but send bills, according to Jill Tahmooressi.

She said their first lawyer, Alejandro Osuna, cost her son a prepaid retainer in excess of $10,000, although she declined to be more specific. Osuna was fired after he allegedly suggested Tahmooressi tell a judge at an April 28 hearing that he had never been to Mexico before his arrest, which was not true.

A second attorney, Lamberto Jesus Esquer Dabdoub, charged him $10,000 up front and didn't do anything prior to his firing eight days later because of lack of confidence by the family. Neither attorney ever submitted a shred of evidence to the federal court on Tahmooressi's behalf.

Benitez has yet to submit a bill, but given the case could stretch out for as long as two years, the Tahmooressi family is braced for expenses that could exceed $100,000.

The family of Jon Hammar, another Florida Marine caught at the border with a weapon he declared, told Jill Tahmooressi that in the four months he was in prison before his release in 2012, his legal fees alone exceeded $90,000.

Jill Tahmooressi said her son is shouldering the bulk of the expenses but she is not without her own financial burdens with the case. A nursing director at Miami Children's Hospital in Florida, she said she has already laid out more than $6,000 for travel to be with her son. The time she is taking from work is unpaid.

Jill Tahmooressi said she hasn't sought help because "economically, all of America has been hurting for so long." But three weeks ago, with the help of a California law firm that has been advising her, she established a charitable trust through Campaign Solutions in Washington. The name of the site to make donations for Andrew's defense is www.andrewfreedomfund.co m.

But whether kind sympathizers chip in or the Tahmooressis have to go deeper into debt, the distraught mom said she would do whatever it took.

“I will pay any cost, including sacrificing our family home if need be, to pay the bills to Mexico associated with Andrew's release back to the states,” Jill Tahmooressi said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/17/mexican-prison-ordeal-saps-marine-sgt-tahmooressi-life-savings/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2014, 06:22:01 PM »
Yes, people accidentally drive into foreign countries with three bricks of cocaine all the time.  Just like all those people who drive around with a trunk of dead bodies of people they accidentally killed.  What are we going to do about this? 

??? 

Dude broke the law of another country.  I personally woudn't visit mexico because they have shitty gun laws. 

Dude had to drive thru a crossing, there was no accident to it.  And the line about how he couldn't find a spot to turn around?  LOL he had made that trip many times, they caught him on video 3 times before.  They knew what he was up to.

Dude was a gunrunner.  Just accept it.  he got caught.  The law is the law - if we don't like it, we should move to MEX and run for office and change it. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2014, 06:41:30 PM »
  The law is the law - if we don't like it, we should move to MEX and run for office and change it. 

This made me laugh....so true!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2014, 06:51:11 PM »
??? 

Dude broke the law of another country.  I personally woudn't visit mexico because they have shitty gun laws. 

Dude had to drive thru a crossing, there was no accident to it.  And the line about how he couldn't find a spot to turn around?  LOL he had made that trip many times, they caught him on video 3 times before.  They knew what he was up to.

Dude was a gunrunner.  Just accept it.  he got caught.  The law is the law - if we don't like it, we should move to MEX and run for office and change it. 

You've obviously never driven that part of the border.  I have.  You are wrong, as usual.  It is very easy to miss the last U.S. exit.  Happens to people all the time. 

They caught him on video three times before doing what? 

A gunrunner.  lol 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2014, 08:45:54 AM »
You've obviously never driven that part of the border.  I have.  You are wrong, as usual.  It is very easy to miss the last U.S. exit.  Happens to people all the time. 

They caught him on video three times before doing what? 

A gunrunner.  lol 

sorry, but I think the law enforcement organizations know better than both of us. 

And they say he went there to unload guns and it was part of a pattern. 

the law is the law.  Respect it, or join the democrat party.  There is no middle ground.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2014, 09:57:32 AM »
sorry, but I think the law enforcement organizations know better than both of us. 

And they say he went there to unload guns and it was part of a pattern. 

the law is the law.  Respect it, or join the democrat party.  There is no middle ground.

Are you saying Democrats don't obey the law? 

And before I call you a liar, can you tell me where you got this information?

LOL he had made that trip many times, they caught him on video 3 times before.  They knew what he was up to.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2014, 10:03:39 AM »
read.
the.
article.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2014, 10:50:18 AM »
I admittedly haven't been following this story very closely. However, I don't understand what the big deal is. It's a private criminal matter.

Funny - Mexico does not feel the same way when we deport their invaders or lock those criminals up for crashing the border.

F Mexico - fng worthless pos country

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2014, 10:59:42 AM »
Do you or your wife take your car to a car wash? Eat out at restaurants? Use a lawn service? Does this make u an accessory to the crime of "crashing the border"?

No car wash. 

No lawn service

Mostly eat at Japaense places.   

Next. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2014, 11:05:09 AM »
read.
the.
article.

What article?  Does it say "they caught him on video 3 times before" and he was a "gunrunner"?  Where did you get this information?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2014, 12:10:55 PM »
Sounds like we're better off w/out this idiot. Kid "accidentally" drives into Mexico w/ a car full of guns? Let them have him.

Bullshit - he is a American citizen w PTSD.  A Citizen - be it 240, BB, whoever - is always better than these wortheless mexis   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2014, 12:21:01 PM »
PTSD? LOL. Now you're really losing it.

Have you not been following this matter?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2014, 12:47:32 PM »
PTSD? LOL. Now you're really losing it.

You don't think it's real?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2014, 12:52:11 PM »
Have you not been following this matter?

I think what he's suggesting is that PTSD isn't real.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2014, 01:38:17 PM »
I think in 99 percent of cases it's bullshit.

What did your hero Patton do the soldier who was claiming PTSD in WWII?

So just to be clear. You don't think there has been any advancements in studies or science regarding PTSD in the last 70 years? Is that what you're suggesting?

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/post-traumatic-stress-disorder/basics/definition/con-20022540

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2014, 01:53:50 PM »
Sounds like we're better off w/out this idiot. Kid "accidentally" drives into Mexico w/ a car full of guns? Let them have him.

He broke the law.  I wonder how many people would catch a mexican with 3 illegal guns (shitload of ammo too, and one of them was an AR15?)... and would be cool with letting him go because he "accidentally" crossed the border.  LOL

Bullshit - he is a American citizen w PTSD.  A Citizen - be it 240, BB, whoever - is always better than these wortheless mexis   

If that is the case, then we have to consider the LIBERAL position that soldiers with PTSD shouldn't have access to guns.  Do you believe this, 33386?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2014, 01:56:12 PM »
here's the thing - dude knew the law.  This wasn't some 21 year old kid lost in a strange state with a 9mm for protection under his seat.  This was a worldly veteran with 3 very nice guns in a backpack making frequent trips into Mexico.  The mex authorities said he made that trip 3 times before that they could document. 

To believe he "got lost", and/or "didn't know the gun laws", you have to be willing to realllly stretch things.

Sorry, but I can't supporting cutting ANYONE a break who is involved in any kind of international gun smuggling.  "Oops" doesn't cut it.  THEN he tried to escape from authorities, right?  Sounds like he just lives by his own set of rules.  This story stinks all around - and even the sanitized version he is selling, it's weak.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2014, 01:57:58 PM »
here's the thing - dude knew the law.  This wasn't some 21 year old kid lost in a strange state with a 9mm for protection under his seat.  This was a worldly veteran with 3 very nice guns in a backpack making frequent trips into Mexico.  The mex authorities said he made that trip 3 times before that they could document. 

To believe he "got lost", and/or "didn't know the gun laws", you have to be willing to realllly stretch things.

Sorry, but I can't supporting cutting ANYONE a break who is involved in any kind of international gun smuggling.  "Oops" doesn't cut it.  THEN he tried to escape from authorities, right?  Sounds like he just lives by his own set of rules.  This story stinks all around - and even the sanitized version he is selling, it's weak.

But we freely let in 60000 illegals but Obama can't make a call? See, this just one the reasons why this fuck is useless.