Author Topic: Marine to remain in Mexican prison  (Read 17764 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Marine to remain in Mexican prison
« Reply #100 on: October 02, 2014, 02:01:04 PM »
But we freely let in 60000 illegals but Obama can't make a call? See, this just one the reasons why this fuck is useless.

Hey, don't think I support that amnesty bullshit.  I'm all for mining the border.

And NO, obama should NOT make a call.  This dude broke the law.  Suppose his guns were going to be sold to gangs? 

LOL @ everyone cool with excusing lawbreaking, just this once.  He's a criminal.  What don't ya understand?  What is a mexican smuggled a kilo of cocaine into the USA, "accidentally"? 

Var City

• Getbig IV
  • Perennially Man-Diming
« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2014, 02:19:28 PM »
...while Obama lets in hundreds of thousands of illegals. How someone hasn't picked this clown off yet is beyond me.

Yo coach are you dumb bro--like in actuality are you stupid or are you serious?

You realize you can't say things like that right!

I mean... I am not going to be surprised if the government picks you up and rightfully so

Do not threaten to kill the president you jerk

It's not only uncool but also it's deeply worrisome

Why? And I am an Obama supporter but EVEN if someone said that about Bush back in 2002 (who I disliked as a president) I would tell
Them
To
Check themselves! You can't talk about killing the president you fool.
I suggest you erase
That message for your own freedom! And have a DEEP mediatation on the root of your hatred. Cause it's
Toxic and it's totally illegal

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2014, 02:45:01 PM »
Andrew Tahmooressi’s lawyer now confirms his client LIED about his 2 previous trips into Tijuana.  He outright lied in his interviews and written declaration about ever having been there before.  He claimed first time, he was lost.  His own lawyer admits this is a lie.

Also, there was movement in his bank accounts immediately following his 2 previous trips into MEX.

3 guns (two military grade) and 400 rounds of ammo.  Yikes.

http://www.sandiegored.com/noticias/52481/Andrew-Tahmooressi-lied-about-Tijuana/

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2014, 04:19:57 PM »
Yo coach are you dumb bro--like in actuality are you stupid or are you serious?

You realize you can't say things like that right!

I mean... I am not going to be surprised if the government picks you up and rightfully so

Do not threaten to kill the president you jerk

It's not only uncool but also it's deeply worrisome

Why? And I am an Obama supporter but EVEN if someone said that about Bush back in 2002 (who I disliked as a president) I would tell
Them
To
Check themselves! You can't talk about killing the president you fool.
I suggest you erase
That message for your own freedom! And have a DEEP mediatation on the root of your hatred. Cause it's
Toxic and it's totally illegal

Show me where I EVER threatened him. Are you fucking retarded?  Not just because you suggested that I would ever do that but also because you're an Obama supporter (and you can't even tell me why)

Juruth

• Getbig III
« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2014, 06:33:06 PM »
Show me where I EVER threatened him. Are you fucking retarded?  Not just because you suggested that I would ever do that but also because you're an Obama supporter (and you can't even tell me why)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2014, 04:09:58 AM »
two attempted prison escapes.  and repeated lies about "i've never been to mexico before" while they know of 2+ trips, and even him parking his truck full of guns across border and walking back.

IMO... and only my guess...

The dude needed money. He had a nice little business going, in which he'd cross the border, park his truck, walk away for the afternoon... and maybe leave a key in wheel well or whatever.  He'd leave 3 guns (2 military grade) and a lot of ammo in the truck... and someone would access his car, take the guns, and replace it with a stack of money.

It'll be interesting to see what "banking account activity followed each of his two previous trips to Mexico".

Yes, dude's a fcking hero.  He served our country.  He's awesome.  But he could have used that to walk into ANY job he's qualified for, and it'll move him to the front of the line.  Face it, I think we all agree - if we have ten guys applying for the same job, they're all qualified,and one says "I just served our country", we are 100% hiring him/her first.  Aside from the fact he's a hero, he also has a sense of duty and discipline that the facebook generation here in teh USA usually lacks.  SO yeah, I think dude would have no problem getting a job he's qualified for.

IMO, he was probably just selling a few guns each week, they caught onto it, they caught him.  That's it.  He's an international guns smuggler, and should be in jail next to others willing to commit felonies across borders.  Very sad story.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2014, 12:15:31 PM »
Do you or your wife take your car to a car wash? Eat out at restaurants? Use a lawn service? Does this make u an accessory to the crime of "crashing the border"?
lol
you will lose right off the bat; SC having a WIFE???  LOL. think about that; a woman would be with him?  how?
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2014, 04:50:41 PM »
two attempted prison escapes.  and repeated lies about "i've never been to mexico before" while they know of 2+ trips, and even him parking his truck full of guns across border and walking back.

IMO... and only my guess...

The dude needed money. He had a nice little business going, in which he'd cross the border, park his truck, walk away for the afternoon... and maybe leave a key in wheel well or whatever.  He'd leave 3 guns (2 military grade) and a lot of ammo in the truck... and someone would access his car, take the guns, and replace it with a stack of money.

It'll be interesting to see what "banking account activity followed each of his two previous trips to Mexico".

Yes, dude's a fcking hero.  He served our country.  He's awesome.  But he could have used that to walk into ANY job he's qualified for, and it'll move him to the front of the line.  Face it, I think we all agree - if we have ten guys applying for the same job, they're all qualified,and one says "I just served our country", we are 100% hiring him/her first.  Aside from the fact he's a hero, he also has a sense of duty and discipline that the facebook generation here in teh USA usually lacks.  SO yeah, I think dude would have no problem getting a job he's qualified for.

IMO, he was probably just selling a few guns each week, they caught onto it, they caught him.  That's it.  He's an international guns smuggler, and should be in jail next to others willing to commit felonies across borders.  Very sad story.

I can see that giving you the benefit of the doubt was a mistake.  Why do you always just make stuff up? 

Dude had to drive thru a crossing, there was no accident to it.  And the line about how he couldn't find a spot to turn around?  LOL he had made that trip many times, they caught him on video 3 times before.  They knew what he was up to.

Dude was a gunrunner.  Just accept it.  he got caught.  The law is the law - if we don't like it, we should move to MEX and run for office and change it. 

What article?  Does it say "they caught him on video 3 times before" and he was a "gunrunner"?  Where did you get this information?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2014, 04:52:31 PM »
I think in 99 percent of cases it's bullshit.

What did your hero Patton do the soldier who was claiming PTSD in WWII?

I think you don't know what the heck you're talking about.  I know a number of vets with PTSD. 

How many Soldiers or vets have you interacted with to make you reach the conclusion that "99 percent" of the cases are BS? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2014, 05:57:29 PM »
different reports said 2 and 3 times before.   We can go with 2 if you want.  His own lawyer has admitted he lied about 2 other trips.

His own lawyer and his mother try to explain away his lie here:

Andrew Tahmooressi’s lawyer now confirms his client LIED about his 2 previous trips into Tijuana.  He outright lied in his interviews and written declaration about ever having been there before.  He claimed first time, he was lost.  His own lawyer admits this is a lie.

Also, there was movement in his bank accounts immediately following his 2 previous trips into MEX.

3 guns (two military grade) and 400 rounds of ammo.  Yikes.

http://www.sandiegored.com/noticias/52481/Andrew-Tahmooressi-lied-about-Tijuana/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2014, 08:18:43 PM »
different reports said 2 and 3 times before.   We can go with 2 if you want.  His own lawyer has admitted he lied about 2 other trips.

His own lawyer and his mother try to explain away his lie here:

You are such a friggin liar.  "We" aren't going with anything.  You said "they caught him on video 3 times before."  Which story says they caught him on video three times before? 

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2014, 10:22:18 PM »
Andrew Tahmooressi’s lawyer now confirms his client LIED about his 2 previous trips into Tijuana.  He outright lied in his interviews and written declaration about ever having been there before.  He claimed first time, he was lost.  His own lawyer admits this is a lie.

3 guns (two military grade) and 400 rounds of ammo.  Yikes.

Just curious, what exactly is a military grade gun?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2014, 07:50:34 AM »
Just curious, what exactly is a military grade gun?

By mexican law, two of the weapons were "military grade" according to the spokesman of the TJ PD.

I think it's silly, but hey, it's mexican law.  This dude chose to go there.  Given the national gun ban and the overall awesomeness of that firepower... he could have turned $2,000 in the USA into ten grand easily, selling those weapons in Mexico.

Not a bad little profit for one day of hanging out.  And it looked like he's done it twice before.   As the San Diego Red and numerous Mexican sources showed, "Confirms that Tahmooressi had been to Tijuana at least twice before his April 1 arrest; - See more at: http://www.sandiegored.com/noticias/52481/Andrew-Tahmooressi-lied-about-Tijuana/#sthash.wA7hRkUY.dpuf"

I know beach bum keeps ignoring that, but yes, his license plate showed up on video at least twice before making that trip.  His lawyer admitted it too: "Alejandro Osuna, Andrew Tahmooressi’s lawyer, confirmed the accounts to be true and stated that he had been the one to advise Tahmooressi to stick to the script and not reveal the previous visits, - See more at: http://www.sandiegored.com/noticias/52481/Andrew-Tahmooressi-lied-about-Tijuana/#sthash.YaGIPMQa.dpuf"

I don't understand Beach Bum/ Dos Equis' inability to accept the FACT that Tahmooressi lied.  his own lawyer admits it.  Mexican govt has shown it, and his own legal team has conceded this fact.  It's not up for debate anymore LOL.   A few months ago, we argued it, but today, his own lawyer has admitted it.  But hey, beachdoq Equis can keep believing it.   He's the only one?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: October 06, 2014, 11:30:34 AM »

I know beach bum keeps ignoring that, but yes, his license plate showed up on video at least twice before making that trip.  His lawyer admitted it too: "Alejandro Osuna, Andrew Tahmooressi’s lawyer, confirmed the accounts to be true and stated that he had been the one to advise Tahmooressi to stick to the script and not reveal the previous visits, - See more at: http://www.sandiegored.com/noticias/52481/Andrew-Tahmooressi-lied-about-Tijuana/#sthash.YaGIPMQa.dpuf"

So you claim "they caught him on video 3 times before," say "his license plate showed up on video at least twice before," then post a link to unverified statements saying he WALKED across the border?  LOL!  Dude.  Serious question:  why do you repeatedly lie?  It's really not that hard to tell the truth.  Stop making stuff up and embellishing facts all the time.  The truth is refreshing. 

"New information revealed through several media outlets — among them Zeta newspaper — confirms that Tahmooressi had been to Tijuana at least twice before his April 1 arrest; the data coincides with movement in his bank account. It is assumed that the ex–marine had crossed the border on foot for personal reasons. Some of his acquaintances confirmed this information to authorities investigating the case."

http://www.sandiegored.com/noticias/52481/Andrew-Tahmooressi-lied-about-Tijuana/#sthash.YaGIPMQa.GhsOnxX6.dpuf

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2014, 05:43:14 PM »
About dang time.  Thanks for nothing Mr. President. 

Marine vet to be released from Mexican jail
By Sandra Dibble
OCT. 31, 2014

TIJUANA — A Mexican federal district judge in Tijuana on Friday ordered the immediate release of a U.S. Marine veteran behind bars in Baja California on federal weapons charges.

Andrew Tahmooressi was on trial for crossing the border with ammunition and three loaded weapon on March 31. The Mexican Attorney General’s Office agreed to cease its prosecution of Tahmooressi and allow him to return to the United States.

The agreement brings to a close a high-profile case that has resounded far beyond the border. In the United States, it has prompted calls for his release from politicians, veterans groups, conservative talk show hosts. But for months there had been an impasse, as Mexican federal prosecutors insisted that the case be resolved through the courts -- not through diplomatic or political pressure.

Tahmooressi, 26, claims that he drove into Tijuana by mistake on a Monday night after taking a wrong turn near the Mexican border in San Ysidro. He recently had moved from Florida to San Diego, and says that he was driving out of a parking lot, intending to head north. But instead he drove into the El Chaparral Port of Entry, where Mexican customs inspectors examined his pickup truck and found more 400 rounds of ammunition and three loaded firearms: a 45-caliber pistol, a 12-gauge shotgun and a 5.56mm assault rifle.

His release from El Hongo State Penitentiary outside Tecate was ordered by Judge Victor Octavio Luna Escobedo of the Sixth Federal District Court in Tijuana. Had Tahmooressi been convicted, he would have faced from seven to 21 years behind bars.

Even though the U.S. State Department reports that dozens of U.S. citizens are arrested each month for violating Mexico’s gun laws, few if any cases have gotten such wide attention.

Tahmooressi’s situation initially elicited little public sympathy in Mexico, where there is no constitutional right to bear arms. A headline last May in the Tijuana newsweekly, Zeta read: "He did not enter Mexico in error." But his detention did strike a nerve with some sectors in the United States intent on seeing him released.

Portraying Tahmooressi as a U.S. war hero unjustly detained in a foreign country, they invoked his military service — two tours of duty in Afghanistan with the U.S. Marines, with an honorable discharge in 2012, and stressed that Tahmooressi needed to return to the United States for treatment. Shortly before his arrest he had been diagnosed with PTSD and started treatment at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in La Jolla.

“I firmly believe that Sgt. Tahmooressi meant no harm, nor willfully violated Mexican law when he crossed the border,” said Rep. Matt Salmon, R-Ariz., chair of a House subcommittee that held a hearing last month to call attention to the case.

Benítez, his Tijuana defense attorney, used a range of tactics to win his release. He initially pressed for dismissal of the case on the grounds that his client’s rights were allegedly violated when he was held at the El Chaparral Port of Entry for hours without the presence of an attorney or a translator.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/oct/31/andrew-tahmooressi-marine-veteran-released-mexico/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2014, 10:34:10 AM »
Welcome home Marine.   :)

Marine Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi freed from Mexican jail, returns to US
By William La Jeunesse, Dan Gallo
Published November 01, 2014
FoxNews.com

After 214 days in a Mexican prison, Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi returned home to Florida Saturday, having been freed Friday night after a strong diplomatic push appeared to help convince a judge to release the former Marine on humanitarian grounds.

After reviewing the ruling, Tahmooressi family spokesman Jonathan Franks said the judge acted on a recommendation from the PGR, the Mexican Attorney General's Office. In that motion, the prosecutor "essentially withdrew the charges," Franks said. Moments later, the trial judge issued an acquittal in Andrew's case, calling for an "immediate and absolute release."

Franks said the private plane carrying Marine Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi, his mother and supporters -- including former New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson -- landed at a South Florida airport about 6 a.m. Tahmooressi was freed Friday night and reunited with his mother, Jill, and then boarded the flight to Florida in San Diego.

His release comes after a lengthy, closed trial and a Congressional hearing in September highly critical of Obama Administration efforts to secure his release and Mexico’s refusal to let him go.  Tahmooressi said he made an innocent mistake the evening he crossed into Tijuana with three weapons in his truck on March 31.

While his defense rested its case several weeks ago, Tahmooressi’s release came only after a strong diplomatic push from former Gov. Bill Richardson of New Mexico and Reps. Ed Royce (R-CA) and Matt Salmon (R-AZ). Speaking by phone on his way to board a plane with Tahmooressi, Richardson said the trio, along with talk show host Montel Williams, met with Mexico’s Attorney General and Ambassador to the US, advocating for his liberation.

"The totality of diplomacy, the judicial process, the legal strategy and the importance of the American-Mexican relationship resulted in Andrew's release," Richardson said. "And now we have this great outcome.  Andrew's coming home."

As late as Friday morning, the family spokesman told Fox News the judge was not expected to make a decision for at least another week.  While the spokesman expressed optimism, the there was no certainty that the judge would rule in Tahmooressi’s favor and could have found him guilty of firearms possession.  His attorney had argued for his release based on humanitarian grounds and on a violation of his civil rights.

Upon release, Mexican officials processed him quickly through immigration, Richardson said.

"He was happy.  He was smiling.  He's looking good.  His spirits are high," Richardson told Fox News, adding that Tahmooressi said he wants a steak dinner and stone crabs.

But Richardson said Tahmooressi is seeking privacy and still needs to receive treatment for his Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, something that wasn’t available in Mexican prison-- a key argument put forth by defense attorney Fernando Benitez.

The three officials, along with Tahmooressi’s mother Jill, have spent the last week in Tijuana pressing officials for his release.

Speaking by phone on his way to board a plane with Tahmooressi, Richardson said the trio, along with talk show host Montel Williams, met with Mexico’s Attorney General and Ambassador to the US, advocating for his liberation.

FoxNews.com covered Tahmooressi's seven-month ordeal extensively, with numerous reports from the Tijuana court where hearings were held, interviews with the jailed Marine by telephone and several guest opinion columns by military, medical and legal experts critical of his treatment in Mexico.

Fox News Channel's Greta Van Susteran also covered the case extensively, even driving the poorly-marked and confusing route Tahmooressi took the night he was detained and going to the prison where he was held. But other national media outlets largely ignored the plight of Tahmooressi, and the White House was heavily criticized for not doing more to secure his release despite the fact that Tahmooressi  served two tours of duty in Afghanistan and suffered from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Benitez said that Tahmooressi's condition was continuing to deteriorate and Mexico didn’t have the expertise or facilities to treat his PTSD, which he suffered after two tours in Afghanistan. 

The defense attorney also alleged that customs agents held Tahmooerssi illegally, denying him access to a translator, lawyer and consular access.

But after the seven-month ordeal, it was the PTSD argument that ultimately pressured the judge to acquit Tahmooressi.

“The judicial process of Mexico made the right choice,” Richardson said. “The humanitarian release was justified based on PTSD, something that the Mexican judicial and medical system is not as conscious of as the United States.”

Montel Williams        ✔ @Montel_Williams
Follow
#MarineFreeFromMexico welcome home Sgt. - Always seems impossible until it is done
8:54 PM - 31 Oct 2014

Greta Van Susteren        ✔ @greta
Follow
I am so happy for Sgt. Tahmooressi !! #marineheldinmexico
3:05 PM - 31 Oct 2014

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/01/mexican-judge-orders-jailed-marine-andrew-tahmooressi-freed-family-spokesman/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: November 03, 2014, 10:36:51 AM »
He broke Cali gun laws.  He gets to carry loaded long arms in vehicles, and the rest of you don't.   

Criminal.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: November 03, 2014, 11:27:11 AM »
Terrible leadership.  I think if this kid was gay the president would have been all over it. 

Republicans cheer Tahmooressi's release, question Obama's role
Published November 02, 2014
FoxNews.com

Republicans on Saturday welcomed the news of Marine Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi being released from a Mexico prison and the efforts by GOP congressmen to help broker a deal but questioned whether the Obama administration did enough.

“President Obama still isn’t using all of the tools and levers that we have as the world’s lone super power, whether it is as simple as getting Sgt. Tahmooressi released from custody to defending our interests or protecting our allies in the Middle East,” Arkansas GOP Rep. Tom Cotton told Fox News.

Cotton, who is now running for Senate, wrote Obama asking him to intervene. 

A Mexican judge on Friday ordered Tahmooressi’s immediate release, after he spent seven months behind bars for crossing the border with loaded guns.

The judge said Tahmooressi should be freed because of his mental state. But he did not make a determination on the illegal-arms charges against the Afghanistan veteran diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder, according to a Mexican official who had knowledge of the ruling but was not authorized to give his name.

California GOP Rep. Dana Rohrabacher told The Washington Times that Obama was “AWOL” throughout the process.

Rohrabacher said he, fellow California GOP Rep. Ed Royce, former New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson and Arizona GOP Matt Salmon fought for Tahmooressi’s release after President Obama did not.

“The president, who is also the commander in chief, didn’t do his job,” Rohrabacher told the newspaper. “There is a lack of concern for this man, for this American hero who served our country. As commander in chief he showed a total disdain and non-interest in an American hero who served us in Afghanistan and a total disregard for the fact that he was suffering.”

Tahmooressi has said he took a wrong turn on a California freeway that funneled him into a Tijuana port of entry with no way to turn back.

"It is with an overwhelming and humbling feeling of relief that we confirm that Andrew was released today after spending 214 days in Mexican Jail," his family said in a statement.

Former 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee and Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin called the announcement of Tahmooressi’s release “wonderful news.”

But Palin also said she was disappointed to hear reports that the White House “never did fight” for his freedom.

“If true, then President Obama once again broke that sacred commitment to never leave an American behind,” she said on her Facebook page. “If I'm wrong on this, I'll be more than happy to acknowledge the president's efforts to see an honored vet set free.”

Republican and Democratic politicians had held talks with Mexican authorities to urge his release. A U.S. congressional committee also held a public hearing to pressure Mexico to free him.

Royce, chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, said he was "elated" by the news and that Tahmooressi’s PTSD will be treated by specialists in the United States.

"As I said after visiting Andrew in the Mexican jail, he needs to come home to the United States to be with his mother, Jill, and the support network of friends I know to be standing by to help him,” Royce said.

Richardson, who grew up in Mexico and has negotiated on a range of international issues, said he met with Tahmooressi in jail in the border city of Tecate, and he had talked to Mexican officials to urge them to release him on humanitarian grounds.

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., also applauded his release.

"As a mother, my heart is with Jill Tahmooressi tonight and I can only imagine the many emotions she must be experiencing, namely the relief in knowing her son is coming home and that they will soon be reunited.”

Mexican authorities, however, had made clear that they would not be influenced by politics and that the matter was in the hands of its courts.

The Mexico Embassy said the judge’s rule was the correct legal decision but disputed allegations that U.S. officials were blocked from seeing Tahmooressi.

“From the first moment of his arrest up until his release, U.S. consular officials had access to him,” the embassy said in a statement.

In Mexico, possession of weapons restricted for use by the Army is a federal crime, and the country has been tightening up its border checks to stop the flow of US weapons that have been used by drug cartels.

His attorney, Fernando Benitez, had pushed for the 26-year-old Florida man to be released because Mexico has no experience in treating combat-related PTSD, even in its own soldiers.

Benitez had argued that Tahmooressi carries loaded guns with him because his weapons, which were bought legally in the U.S., make him feel safer. He added that the veteran is often distracted, which could have contributed to him becoming lost.

Still, Mexican prosecutors maintained Tahmooressi broke the law.

Tahmooressi was carrying in his truck a rifle, shotgun, pistol and hundreds of rounds of ammunition.

After being jailed in Tijuana, Tahmooressi's mother said, he tried to kill himself by cutting his neck with a shard from a light bulb in his cell because the guards and inmates threatened to rape, torture and kill him and he feared she would be in danger.

He was transferred to another prison, where a pastor visited him regularly and the Mexican government says he was under medical observation.

But a psychiatrist hired by Mexican prosecutors to examine the Afghanistan veteran agreed with the defense that he should get PTSD treatment in the United States, noting in a Sept. 30 report that Tahmooressi, who now serves in the Marine reserve, feels like he is constantly in danger.

Tahmooressi did not admit wrongdoing, and he still maintains his innocence, his attorney said.

His mother has said her son's time in a Mexican jail has been worse than his two tours in Afghanistan.

Tahmooressi left Florida for San Diego in January to get help after dropping out of college, unable to concentrate or sleep, his mother said.

The case marks one of the first times Mexico made a ruling on PTSD — though the psychological wound is increasingly used in U.S. courts, especially in arguing for reduced sentences.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/11/02/republicans-cheer-tahmooressi-release-and-gop-lawmakers-efforts-question-obama/?intcmp=latestnews

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #118 on: November 03, 2014, 11:28:45 AM »
Funny - wjhere is Obama at the WH lawn w his family like he was w Bergdalh?

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: November 03, 2014, 04:06:51 PM »
Funny - wjhere is Obama at the WH lawn w his family like he was w Bergdalh?
do you really want an answer to this? you can't figure it out.....? oy vey.

How letters has Greta Vannosejob received to help the next american in a mexico jail?  she can take the next poor soul now.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2014, 05:44:14 PM »
Marine Andrew Tahmooressi details Mexican ordeal in exclusive Fox News interview
Published November 06, 2014
FoxNews.com

The Marine sergeant arrested for carrying loaded rifles into Mexico contemplated suicide during a harrowing 214-day imprisonment that included beatings, chains and being stripped naked for hours at a time, he said Thursday during an exclusive interview with Fox News' Greta Van Susteren.

"I was vulnerable, feeling very vulnerable," Andrew Tahmooressi said of his initial days inside the La Mesa prison in Tijuana. "I know there are some messed up people in this world, and prison's a good place to find them."

Tahmooressi, a 26-year-old veteran of two tours in Afghanistan, was arrested on March 31 after mistakenly crossing the border with three registered guns. At one point, he tried escaping from La Mesa, only to be caught and beaten by guards.

"I was very afraid. I felt like it would be the last night of my life right there, that these guys were going to kill me," he said. "I thought running away was my only hope to get away from a situation like that."

"I'm going to be OK, everyone. I'll be just fine, I promise you."
- Marine Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi

Although he said he got "pretty far," he was unable to get through a gate, and was subsequently beaten and chained by guards. At one point, he was stripped naked and strapped to a bed for nearly nine hours.

Later, Tahmooressi, who faced the prospect of being jailed for 21 years, tried to kill himself by smashing a light bulb and stabbing himself in the neck, though guards discovered him and brought him to a prison hospital in time to save his life.

Tahmooressi eventually was moved to a safer prison in Tecate, where he remained until a Mexican judge ordered Tahmooressi freed on Friday on humanitarian grounds after he’d spent seven months behind bars. Tahmooressi, who had been living out of his pickup in the San Diego area while he sought treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder when he was arrested, returned to his family in Florida on Saturday.

Tahmooressi family spokesman Jonathan Franks said the judge acted on a recommendation from the PGR, the Mexican Attorney General's Office. In that motion, the prosecutor "essentially withdrew the charges," Franks said. Moments later, the trial judge issued an acquittal in Andrew's case, calling for an "immediate and absolute release."

Now home for good, Tahmooressi told Van Susteren he's not sure he'll keep his guns, and now wants to keep busy, finding a job and "doing productive things."

But he says he's grateful for the support he had through the ordeal from Americans across the country who were outraged at his jailing.

"I'm going to be OK, everyone," he said. "I'll be just fine, I promise you."

Although Tahmooressi’s supporters have blasted President Obama for not doing more to get him freed, several politicians, including former New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson, members of Congress Duncan Hunter, R-Calif.; Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, R-Fla.; Ed Royce, R-Calif.; and Matt Salmon, R-Ariz., were among those who worked to secure his release.

"The totality of diplomacy, the judicial process, the legal strategy and the importance of the American-Mexican relationship resulted in Andrew's release," Richardson said after the announcement. "And now we have this great outcome. Andrew's coming home."

Richardson told Fox News Tahmooressi is seeking privacy and still needs to receive treatment for his PTSD, something that wasn’t available in Mexican prison-- a key argument put forth by defense attorney Fernando Benitez.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/06/marine-andrew-tahmooressi-details-mexican-ordeal-in-exclusive-fox-news/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: April 08, 2015, 10:30:12 AM »
Close, but not really comparable.  This guy was a former cop.  Much more likely that he knew exactly what he could and couldn't do with firearms and ammunition.  Also, I doubt he was arrested and held without bail.  And the article says:

A jury acquitted him of the charges for possession of the "assault firearms" and handgun possession but convicted him in absentia of illegal possession of hollow-point bullets, shotguns, rifles and a high-capacity magazine.

That means he wasn't even present for his trial. 

I think this one is a closer example (just read this today):

'Honest mistake' leads to Philly mother facing three years on gun charge
By Joshua Rhett Miller
Published July 16, 2014
FoxNews.com

Shaneen Allen, 27, was pulled over in New Jersey’s Atlantic County after making an unsafe lane change in the early morning hours of Oct. 1. Allen then told the officer that she had the .380 Bersa Thunder handgun, as well as a concealed carry permit in Pennsylvania, unaware that her permit was not transferable to The Garden State. (Courtesy: Evan Nappen)
A Philadelphia mother of two is facing three years in prison after she mistakenly entered New Jersey, where she was stopped for a traffic violation and found in possession of a handgun loaded with hollow-point bullets.

Shaneen Allen, 27, was pulled over in New Jersey’s Atlantic County after making an unsafe lane change in the early morning hours of Oct. 1. Allen then told the officer that she had the .380 Bersa Thunder handgun, as well as a concealed carry permit for Pennsylvania, unaware that her permit was not transferable to The Garden State.

“The gun charge was not proper to begin with at all,” her attorney, Evan Nappen, told FoxNews.com. “She made an honest mistake.”

Allen, who has no criminal record, was later charged with unlawful possession of a weapon and possession of hollow-point bullets. If convicted, the illegal possession of the handgun is a second-degree felony punishable by a mandatory minimum sentence of three years in prison.

"So in the effort of promoting gun control in New Jersey, they’ve created a situation where very sympathetic people get harmed and turned into the victim by gun laws."
- Attorney Evan Nappen
“New Jersey’s draconian and crazy gun laws gives the judge no discretion here — none,” Nappen continued. “You will get three years with no chance of parole if you’re convicted of this gun charge. So in the effort of promoting gun control in New Jersey, they’ve created a situation where very sympathetic people get harmed and turned into the victim by gun laws.”

Allen, who could not be reached for comment early Wednesday, had only owned the gun for a week prior to the arrest, Nappen said, and purchased it for her protection after being robbed twice in the past year.

“The officer knew there was a gun there, she was completely honest and open,” he continued. “There’s no aggravating factors in this case; she’s a single mom of two, working in the medical field who was robbed twice and that’s what inspired her to get a gun license in the first place.”

Despite a lack of a criminal record, Nappen said Allen was not accepted into a diversionary program that would allow her to avoid jail time altogether.

Nappen said Allen’s arrest also coincided with a gun buyback program in New Jersey last year that netted more than 10,000 handguns. Individuals who turned in weapons during the “no questions asked” buyback period were paid up to $250 per gun.

John Lott, Jr., president of the Crime Prevention Research Center, said the case was similar to that of Brian Aitken, a New Jersey man whose seven-year prison sentence was eventually commuted by Gov. Chris Christie.

In early 2009, Aitken moved back to New Jersey from Colorado to be closer to his young son and estranged wife. A planned visit with his son was canceled at the last minute and his mother, who was concerned for his safety, called the police. A subsequent search of his car by officers revealed two locked and unloaded handguns in the trunk, both of which were purchased legally in Colorado.

Aitken's father, Larry, told FoxNews.com at the time that he refused to see his son lost in the patchwork of state gun laws throughout the country.

"I don't think there are words yet invented that could characterize the — I guess anger would be one word, but it's a lot deeper than anger," Larry Aitken told FoxNews.com in 2010. "Whatever the word is that's a combination of anger, shock, disbelief, horror and a desire to expose all of this — that's the word.”

Lott, meanwhile, said he hopes “something similar” happens in Allen’s case, adding that she clearly did not intend to commit any crime.

"These mandatory sentences sometimes create really unfortunate results,” Lott continued. “My own academic research indicates that Ms. Allen is the type of person who benefits the most from having permitted concealed handguns: a minority woman who lives in high-crime urban areas. The people who are most likely to be victims of crime are the ones who benefit the most from having a gun for protection. In addition, women benefit much more than men do because they tend to be much weaker physically than their attackers.”

Jay McKeen, public information officer for the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office, said Allen has a pre-trial conference scheduled for Aug. 5. Prosecutor James McClain declined to comment on the matter, McKeen said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/16/honest-mistake-leads-to-philly-mother-facing-three-years-on-gun-charge/

Good job Fat Man.

Christie pardons Philadelphia mom who was arrested after bringing gun to NJ
Published April 02, 2015
FoxNews.com

N.J. Gov. Chris Christie Thursday pardoned a Philadelphia woman who faced jail time after she brought a registered handgun across the New Jersey border in 2013.

Shaneen Allen, a mother of two, was arrested in October of that year in Hamilton Township after she was pulled over during a routine traffic stop. Although she told police she had the gun and a Pennsylvania concealed carry permit, she faced up to three years in prison in New Jersey, where gun laws are among the strictest in the nation.

Allen, whose .380 Bersa Thunder handgun was loaded with hollow point bullets when she was arrested, had no criminal record. She was charged with unlawful possession of a weapon and possession of hollow-point bullets.

In September, Allen was allowed to enter a pre-trial intervention program.

Christie, a potential 2016 presidential candidate, initially said he would let the case play out in the state's judicial system. He said recently he would consider changing the state's gun laws, but that the Democratic legislature has no appetite for that and instead he would do what was in his purview, such as pardons.

Christie's action drew swift praise from the National Rifle Association.

The case drew national attention, in part because the same Atlantic County prosecutor and judge who signed off on pre-trial intervention for former NFL star Ray Rice, who knocked his then-fiancee out in an Atlantic City hotel elevator last year, denied the opportunity to Allen.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/02/christie-pardons-philadelphia-mom-who-was-arrested-after-bringing-gun-to-nj/?intcmp=latestnews