Author Topic: Muslim Prayer Rug Found on Arizona Border  (Read 5322 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Muslim Prayer Rug Found on Arizona Border
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2014, 11:09:27 PM »
Your source discusses a Harvard researcher who defines meditation as prayer, thus subsuming the well-known effects of meditation on the brain under the 'prayer' heading -- a very misleading result given the context (i.e., a context in which most people will think of Christian intercessory prayer when they hear the word 'prayer'). It then proceeds to discuss some of the apparent health benefits associated with being religious: fair enough, but a separate issue from whether prayer works. The primary advocate of prayer in the summary -- a rather biased Christian by the sound of his comments -- was just about to launch the next phase of his MANTRA study on prayer; the results were published about a year after this summary was written.

The results indicate that prayer "did not have a significant effect upon the primary clinical outcome observed in patients undergoing certain heart procedures." Then, a year later, Harvard Medical School published the results of the largest-ever study of intercessory prayer, also demonstrating nary a positive effect of prayer.

BBBBUUUTT.....there's always going to be a but. That was one link. There are a lot more. But atheists will always TRY to debunk. lol

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2014, 11:12:57 PM »
BBBBUUUTT.....there's always going to be a but. That was one link. There are a lot more. But atheists will always TRY to debunk. lol

Debunk what? Where is the evidence for the claim?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2014, 11:31:18 PM »
http://1stholistic.com/prayer/hol_prayer_proof.htm

As this page of your source indicates, 1stholistic.com has an extremely broad definition of prayer consistent with various forms of meditation and a variety of non-Christian practices. I'm not arguing whether meditation works or not -- it has demonstrable effects on the brain. Further, the second paragraph of this page indicates that the dumb quacks conflate the health benefits of religiosity with the efficacy of prayer. They also can't be bothered to write in proper English ("This is thew situation when the sick persons are prayed for and don't even know it.", fifth paragraph) and cite the "parapsychological literature" in arguing that prayer makes prayed-for fungi grow faster (fifth bullet down). These are the people whose word you want to take?

It's clear that you've desperately googled 'prayer works' or some such and linked me to whatever came up. The problem is, this is a quack-laden site that doesn't even address the concept of prayer you have in mind. The fact remains that all major, scientific studies of Christian intercessory prayer indicate zero efficacy.

So, how did you end up believing something with no evidence that you must've known at some level you had no evidence for? It couldn't be that evidence doesn't matter in the end and that you choose beliefs based on their ability to satisfy preferences and look for evidence after the fact, if at all?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2014, 11:54:26 PM »
hey, yall are trying to change the subject.

Do we all agree that it is a soccer jersey?   And yes, it's a pretty compelling case. 

Sounds like Brietbart got trolled pretty hard by liberals pretending to be conservatives.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2014, 01:11:40 AM »
We're not "some other country" so who really cares? Why should we be forced to bring our standards down to other countries? This is exactly what Obama is doing. Seriously have to trolling.

Not trolling.

If you're as proud of your ignorance as you sound, I think I understand why you'd want to avoid knowledge and perspective.

Personally, I thing to be ignorant is to tend to be fearful and I don't like being afraid. 

Especially not afraid of the things the conservative media would have me be afraid of.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2014, 01:20:47 AM »
As this page of your source indicates, 1stholistic.com has an extremely broad definition of prayer consistent with various forms of meditation and a variety of non-Christian practices. I'm not arguing whether meditation works or not -- it has demonstrable effects on the brain. Further, the second paragraph of this page indicates that the dumb quacks conflate the health benefits of religiosity with the efficacy of prayer. They also can't be bothered to write in proper English ("This is thew situation when the sick persons are prayed for and don't even know it.", fifth paragraph) and cite the "parapsychological literature" in arguing that prayer makes prayed-for fungi grow faster (fifth bullet down). These are the people whose word you want to take?

It's clear that you've desperately googled 'prayer works' or some such and linked me to whatever came up. The problem is, this is a quack-laden site that doesn't even address the concept of prayer you have in mind. The fact remains that all major, scientific studies of Christian intercessory prayer indicate zero efficacy.

So, how did you end up believing something with no evidence that you must've known at some level you had no evidence for? It couldn't be that evidence doesn't matter in the end and that you choose beliefs based on their ability to satisfy preferences and look for evidence after the fact, if at all? Could this effect be amplified in persons with pronounced cognitive limitations?

I think I would pay money to see a vid where Coach tried to read syntax's post aloud.  lol

I'm 100% sure that he'd be unable to sound out some of the words used, much less know their meaning.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2014, 01:34:27 AM »
hey, yall are trying to change the subject.

Do we all agree that it is a soccer jersey?   And yes, it's a pretty compelling case. 

Sounds like Brietbart got trolled pretty hard by liberals pretending to be conservatives.

Though I don't know why a hoaxer wouldn't just plant an official Muslim prayer rug, I must admit that it looks like a breitbart got trolled.

When you use Google Images for the term "Muslim prayer rug" nothing like that Italian tablecloth-looking thing comes up.  I even tried "red and white checkered muslim prayer rug" and still came up empty.

Maybe these 3 guys are responsible for the prank:

Skeeter

« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2014, 04:18:59 AM »

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2014, 06:26:08 AM »
This is your usual reaction when you get backed into a corner because like ALL on the left, you can't come up with any viable arguments for what your loser messiah s doing. After this, take it to the religion board Assclown...

http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/features/can-prayer-heal

This is one. A non-bias observation by a reputable site.

HHAHAHAHA you stupid ass.  You obviously do not understand that SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE does not include the phrase "may have" like that article does.

If prayer works, then why hasn't God answered your prayers and given you an IQ that is at least higher than your age?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2014, 06:27:10 AM »
http://1stholistic.com/prayer/hol_prayer_proof.htm

HAHAHAHA another fluff opinion piece.

Dumb ass Joe doesn't know what EVIDENCE really is. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2014, 12:38:33 AM »
so brietbart didn't research what they actually looked like - and just took the word of people holding a soccer jersey?   I mean, they didn't stretch it out and realize it had arm and head holes?   LOL....

seriously, I cannot understand how this becomes a national news story.  they didn't even look at the cloth and realize it was a shirt? 

it's pathetic all around.  I hope this is brought up each time someone quotes that news source now.  "Oh, the ones that announce prayer rugs without looking to see a medium tag in it?  lol come on...

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2014, 06:38:52 AM »
Ended up looking like an idiot?  Nothing new there.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2014, 07:12:32 AM »
Who the fuck cares if it was?

LOLOL.

Coach is a fucking moron.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2014, 07:25:44 AM »
Who the fuck cares if it was?

LOLOL.

Coach is a fucking moron.

Scientific evidence supports this claim.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2014, 08:29:20 AM »
Matthew Leber spokesman for the American Patriot, Three Percent, sent Breitbart News photos of what American security contractors on the ground believe is a soccer jersey found near the border in Arizona last week. 

A member of the security team spoke with Breitbart News on Monday night saying they were on patrol right along the border came down into a wash and the area were working in just south of Sierra Vista in Coronado national forest.

“That’s when I saw this thing laying around. And I was like, ‘What the hell is that?’ We walked over there and I didn’t really want to pull at it not knowing what was on it. I poked a bit at it with a stick and noticed some of the team game writing and was just like, ‘Oh boy.’ I snapped a couple of photos and then went on our patrol.”

lol.   

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2014, 08:31:10 AM »
Scientific evidence supports this claim.

t shirt on the ground makes him meltdown. Lol. What I don't get is why does it matter? what if this was a prayer rug? like anyone gives a fuck.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2014, 09:07:04 AM »
The point is that we've had a lot more then just latins stream across the border. Iran operates in central and south America. But don't worry...nothing to see
L

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2014, 09:21:10 AM »
The point is that we've had a lot more then just latins stream across the border. Iran operates in central and south America. But don't worry...nothing to see

The point is, a damn tshirt on the ground does absolutely NOTHING to support the above statement. 

Lies and fear mongering work better at times for the sheeple when the truth doesn't. 

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2014, 10:28:58 AM »
Hang on, Coach is trying to post 'scientific' evidence that getting on your knees and whispering words into the wind stirs an all mighty ghost somewhere that will in return give you your heart's desires?

If you ask me, the only evidence this presents is that his bloodline didn't evolve the past 3000 years

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2014, 10:32:00 AM »
Look you don' think there's anything wrong with these people crossing the border. You libs think we should house and take care of everybody. The border patrol has found rugs, Koran's and arrested middle easterners in the past. Whether this is a real rug or not doesn't matter. You idiots argued about whether its real like its a one off thing. You live in a fantasy land. Keep backing Obama right to the bitter end. Fucking douchbag....
L

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2014, 10:53:08 AM »
Look you don' think there's anything wrong with these people crossing the border. You libs think we should house and take care of everybody. The border patrol has found rugs, Koran's and arrested middle easterners in the past. Whether this is a real rug or not doesn't matter. You idiots argued about whether its real like its a one off thing. You live in a fantasy land. Keep backing Obama right to the bitter end. Fucking douchbag....

Obama better get off Michelle's cock for a day and sort the border mess out. I'm not delusional enough to throw my chips in with one party. Whoever happens to be in government in which country I happen to live in, better do his fucking job. These leaders absolutely live off delusional supporters. The rely on neurosis suffered by their voters that's too far gone to change party allegiance. The hilarious thing here is to watch the chronically stupid 'Right' slam Obama and accuse Democrats of malice, .... while doing the exact same fucking thing they hate the 'liberals' do when a Republican is in office  :-\

I'm looking forward to Rick Perry doubling the country's debt like he done in Texas and then claiming success. The Stupid will believe him, the Democrats will have their turn to bitch and the whole circle will continue quite nicely  :D

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2014, 11:59:58 AM »
All these people have to do is register themselves as corporations and they can just walk across.   ;)

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2014, 12:54:05 PM »
Keep backing Obama right to the bitter end. Fucking douchbag....

I think much of his blindly devoted core supports and defends him for racial reasons.

What's really bizarre to me is those who don't even live in America who defend him so fiercely and spend huge amounts of their time attacking his critics, most of whom are actually American citizens who have to suffer under his policies and have such a right to criticize him and his policies.

Again I think it's racial / demographic. Like if Hillary gets elected, I'm sure women from all over the globe will be defending anything and everything she does, and attacking anyone who dares criticize her in the least as "sexist", etc.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2014, 01:14:05 PM »
Whether this is a real rug or not doesn't matter.

Well, it does in this case, because it shows people just fabricate news and Brietbart will repeat it with zero fact checking.  They just take the word of a group with a VERY biased political viewpoint.