Author Topic: Are you a gadget whore?  (Read 5089 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Are you a gadget whore?
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2014, 07:46:14 AM »
For me it's getting to the point where I think texting and driving is worse than drinking and driving.
it is in some cases.

I've noticed some people are great at operating a phone and driving. But ive noticed more that people are just complete dipshits and have no sense of self awareness to say 'wow, ive alkost wrecked 20x in the last 5 min while txting, maybe I cant multitask and should put the fckin phone down'.
This is in the renton/seattle area where everyone fancues themselves a hipster/tech geek... sometimes I wish I had a loaded shotgun in my car so that I coild start wiping these dipshits out of the gene pool before they kill people.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2014, 07:59:15 AM »
you're my gadget

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2014, 09:02:15 AM »
;D

Love the surface tablet...not into the phones though

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2014, 09:22:46 AM »
Windows phones fucking blow. I have/had one for my current work phone provided by my company.

Ill never pay for one of those pieces of shit.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2014, 12:05:56 PM »
iphones are for queers. Real men use android.

Of course! Sooner or later, everything is either queer or straight, depending on some folks perspective. I am going to go put on a pink T-shirt now. From my perspective, they are very manly.  ;D

Incidentally, I have a Samsung smart phone. Guess that makes me straight, huh?

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2014, 01:56:52 PM »
iphones are for queers. Real men use android.

Haha...just dumped my iPhone for an S5. Fuck Apple and the albatross that is iTunes.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2014, 02:07:23 PM »
Haha...just dumped my iPhone for an S5. Fuck Apple and the albatross that is iTunes.
YES.
Fuck that fucking calamity that is itunes...

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2014, 03:17:06 PM »
Let's talk turkey.  Who has the robot blowjob machine?

Simple Simon

« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2014, 03:18:07 PM »
Let's talk turkey.  Who has the robot blowjob machine?
Bikinislut?

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2014, 03:21:38 PM »
Of course! Sooner or later, everything is either queer or straight, depending on some folks perspective. I am going to go put on a pink T-shirt now. From my perspective, they are very manly.  ;D

Incidentally, I have a Samsung smart phone. Guess that makes me straight, huh?

Look at their customer base (thinking of disowning my dad on this one). Hipsters and fags. I mean the type of people who wear thick black framed specs when they can see fine. People who queue 5 days for a phone. Apple make normal products, charge a fortune for the product and clean up by having different chargers and accessories for every phone. Glad share price dropped loads; my dad made a killing on selling shares and dividends but they are still a case of style over substance.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2014, 06:22:05 PM »
Look at their customer base (thinking of disowning my dad on this one). Hipsters and fags. I mean the type of people who wear thick black framed specs when they can see fine. People who queue 5 days for a phone. Apple make normal products, charge a fortune for the product and clean up by having different chargers and accessories for every phone. Glad share price dropped loads; my dad made a killing on selling shares and dividends but they are still a case of style over substance.

Where I live, I-phones rule. You see them everywhere with all types of people using them. Make the mistake of going to Starbucks at 4:00 p.m. when the junior high school down the street lets out and there are hoards of these middle schoolers buying lattes while checking their I-phones. My daughter and her husband both have I-phones. To characterize all Apple product users as hipsters and fags is crazy.

When my laptop was on the fritz recently, my daughter and son-in-law started talking up the MacBook Pro, so I checked them out. I didn't buy one. I'm cheap I guess. I couldn't bring myself to spend $2,200 to replace my Sony Vaio Laptop. Instead I contacted a computer repair person I've used in the past and he fixed my 4 year old Sony for $100. All it needed was a new keyboard and cleaning up the registry. The I-phone screen is too small for my old eyes, which is another reason besides cost that I went with the Samsung Galaxy Note II. It also has a handy built-in pointer which works better than my oversized fingers on the keypad.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2014, 06:25:40 PM »
Where I live, I-phones rule. You see them everywhere with all types of people using them. Make the mistake of going to Starbucks at 4:00 p.m. when the junior high school down the street lets out and there are hoards of these middle schoolers buying lattes while checking their I-phones. My daughter and her husband both have I-phones. To characterize all Apple product users as hipsters and fags is crazy.

When my laptop was on the fritz recently, my daughter and son-in-law started talking up the MacBook Pro, so I checked them out. I didn't buy one. I'm cheap I guess. I couldn't bring myself to spend $2,200 to replace my Sony Vaio Laptop. Instead I contacted a computer repair person I've used in the past and he fixed my 4 year old Sony for $100. All it needed was a new keyboard and cleaning up the registry. The I-phone screen is too small for my old eyes, which is another reason besides cost that I went with the Samsung Galaxy Note II. It also has a handy built-in pointer which works better than my oversized fingers on the keypad.
Id actually say that your post supports his point... Oregon (specifically portland) is like the liberal hipster capital of the country, so its no surprise that you see them everywhere and thay everyone has them. Thats exactly what youd expect to see in the portland area, a bunch of trendy hipster types on their iPhones.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2014, 06:25:54 PM »
Getting shouted at to go to bed, someone make a robot gf please. I'm drunk but wanna keep watching TV and posting on GB til I really regret it.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2014, 07:11:31 PM »

They honestly all have their pluses and minuses....

The reason I got into the Android was the same reason that I left Android.... The openness, the hacking, the fragmentation....  I just got so sick of it...  I never was interested in Apple....  And decided to go Full Windows...  Now I love that my....

Desktop
Tablet
Laptop
Phone
Xbox
Home theater PC

...are all in sync and all Microsoft!

No complaints here!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2014, 08:35:32 PM »
Id actually say that your post supports his point... Oregon (specifically portland) is like the liberal hipster capital of the country, so its no surprise that you see them everywhere and thay everyone has them. Thats exactly what youd expect to see in the portland area, a bunch of trendy hipster types on their iPhones.

You could be right. I live in West Linn, OR which is a suburb to the south of Portland. West Linn enjoys one of the higher median incomes in Oregon. No doubt this explains the popularity and preponderance of Apple products here. Portland and surrounding burbs may have more liberals then some other parts of the country, but the ratio of straight people to gay people probably is no different than anywhere else.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2014, 06:48:41 AM »
a case of style over substance.

Forgot he was on Getbig.  ;D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2014, 09:26:48 AM »

The reason I got into the Android was the same reason that I left Android.... The openness, the hacking, the fragmentation....  I just got so sick of it...  I never was interested in Apple....  And decided to go Full Windows...  Now I love that my....

Desktop
Tablet
Laptop
Phone
Xbox
Home theater PC

No complaints here!!

No wonder you became a permabulker...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2014, 10:53:29 AM »

Desktop
Tablet
Laptop
Phone
Xbox
Home theater PC

No complaints here!!

I'm confused. Is their a Microsoft phone as opposed to a Droid? Or are you simply using Windows apps on your Droid phone.

stuntmovie1

• Getbig II
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2014, 11:41:34 AM »
I'm a gadget freak and buy way too many ... most of which never come out of the box that they were packed in. ("See photos below.)

One 'gadget' that I use constantly is my KINDLE FIRE HDX. I am a PRIME member (about $90/yr) and  can download more free movies, tv shows, music, and books than I can ever watch, read, or listen to.

My next gadget plan is to purchase something I've never seen before nor know anything about except that it is a set of eye-ware that allows you to watch 3-D movies that would appear similar in size to a typical movie theater screen ... The name of which I have presently forgotten.

Here are just a few gadgets I have purchased in the past couple of months that are still 'unpacked'.

The Video DRONE is presently on my Wish List.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2014, 11:42:29 AM »
Apparently a lot of younger girls/women carry their phone in their bra  ::)  There's been warnings about doing that ~ ie; breast cancer risk.  More women are being diagnosed with bc at younger ages.  Coincidence?  No one knows.  

Anyway, you guys carrying next to your junk may want to come up with an alternative
 :-\

:

stuntmovie1

• Getbig II
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2014, 11:44:23 AM »
I forgot to add this one to my unpacked gadget possessions.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2014, 11:52:53 AM »
Apparently a lot of younger girls/women carry their phone in their bra  ::)  There's been warnings about doing that ~ ie; breast cancer risk.  More women are being diagnosed with bc at younger ages.  Coincidence?  No one knows.  

Anyway, you guys carrying next to your junk may want to come up with an alternative
 :-\

Several of the fitness bunnies at my gym put them in their bra or in their thong string/yoga pants line on their hip.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2014, 04:48:04 PM »
I'm confused. Is their a Microsoft phone as opposed to a Droid? Or are you simply using Windows apps on your Droid phone.

Yes its called Windows Phone

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2014, 06:50:32 PM »
Yes its called Windows Phone
-looks interesting. Like the IPhone, the display is rather small. I prefer a larger display (old eyes, you know). Another problem for me is that the Nokia Lumia 635 is not offered through Verizon according to their website. Our home is in a "dead zone" unfortunately. Verizon is the only service where we don't have to go stand on the patio for a connection. Guess I will stick with the Samsung for awhile longer.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2014, 10:41:19 PM »
-looks interesting. Like the IPhone, the display is rather small. I prefer a larger display (old eyes, you know). Another problem for me is that the Nokia Lumia 635 is not offered through Verizon according to their website. Our home is in a "dead zone" unfortunately. Verizon is the only service where we don't have to go stand on the patio for a connection. Guess I will stick with the Samsung for awhile longer.

Too small???l...  Check out the Lumia 1520 which is 6"

Or the Lumia 1320 which is also 6"