Author Topic: giving completing a try  (Read 1344 times)

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
giving completing a try
« on: January 28, 2006, 07:32:02 PM »
hey guys
 I'm thinking about doing  my first show. its the  Lonny Taper's western show for college students.. I'v never throught that i would  do a bbing show. i throught that i would be like on of those guys that =, just like being big... the show in  in June. so what is a going time to start training for it... right now, im going a fours days per week split. just i keep the same split or  go to a five or six day split??

thx bros

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: giving completing a try
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 11:07:04 PM »
Depends on how much conditioning you will require, and also it depends on how much discipline you have. As far as your training split, do what has got you there so far in the beginning, but as the wks go on you may find you’re diet stagnating, and so a change might be in order. The only thing I would recommend changing for certain is that if you are normally incorporating low rep sets stop doing these during this time, keep all your reps in the 8-15 range, and more importantly start upping the intensity as much as you can stand. Once you've reached the level of intensity you are comfortable with turn it up another notch.

Here is a basic over-view of how I diet down, it's a little longer then how a lot of guys do it, but I feel the extra time allows me to be more thorough and not have to worry about crash dieting at the end...but don't get the idea that it makes it any easier.

Diet starts 20wks out:

wk 1-4 cut out any extra food, kcl intake is at maintenance, cardio 5x wk 30min

wk 5-8 start cycling carbs 4 fairly low days, 1 almost 0 carb day, and one high day...fat intake remains moderately high except on high carb day. kcl intake is also slowly reduced each wk. Cardio is slowly increased to 1hr day

wk 9-12 carb cycling the same as wk 5-8 calories again lowered. Cardio upped to 1 1/2hr per day in 2 sessions

wk 13-16 carb cycling may add in 1 more 0 carb day if needed, cardio now at 2hrs day in 2 sessions

wk 17-19 will eliminate high carb day if needed at wk 17 will end it for sure at start of wk 19, cardio still at 2hrs day

wk 20 cardio stops with Wed being last day. Training is stopped by Thur. Training for this wk is 2 days upper body 2 days lower, last lower day is done Wed...you don't want sore legs going into show Sat. These training sessions are more brief then normal almost circuit style
 Here is a more precise breakdown of final wk:

Sun, Mon lowed up on sodium intake, as well as increase water by a lot, and I mean a lot, carbs are low
Tues, Wed, Thur, no carbs, no sodium, water intake decreases each day from here on out.
Fri morning, begin carb loading, you think this is an enjoyable thing, but you're hardly drinking any water, so it sucks.
Sat, do show.

If any of this is unclear or confusing let me know

Congrats on wanting to compete, and good luck to you!

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 07:18:31 PM »
do you compete, arnold Jr?
:-)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 08:28:09 PM »
do you compete, arnold Jr?
Didn't you know? I'm the greatest bodybuilder of all time 8)

...well, OK, not the greatest, but definitely making progress.

JUSTJAXX

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 10:25:32 PM »
pick up the book "THE PRECONTEST BIBLE" by larry pepe

i'm not saying you should emulate the precontest diets of any featured in the book but its pretty good as a reference.  you can take ideas from all over the book and learn what works for you.