Author Topic: Growing Marijuana  (Read 9832 times)

Stan Diego

• Getbig III
  • A whales vagina
Re: Growing Marijuana
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2014, 03:29:48 PM »
In California (the mecca) greenhouse has taken over. Indoor is too expensive & outdoor isn't good enough. Some good advices in this thread & some not so much...

How do I get my green stars?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2014, 04:36:29 PM »
Always use sand at the bottom portion of your mixture for drainage.

How does sand stay in at the bottom of the pot without washing away and whatever does stay in there just turns to mud and takes away oxygen from the roots,  which is one of,  if not the most important elements to growing healthy plants. Wet sand, compacts and drowns roots and creates an environment rife with root rot. It has the complete opposite effect if aeration. Adding sand or stones at the bottom of pots is a 70's growing technique that shouldn't be used.

Promix or sunshine mix with added perlite and some wormcasting is all you need.

Aeration=perlite, not sand.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2014, 07:22:31 PM »

How does sand stay in at the bottom of the pot without washing away and whatever does stay in there just turns to mud and takes away oxygen from the roots,  which is one of,  if not the most important elements to growing healthy plants. Wet sand, compacts and drowns roots and creates an environment rife with root rot. It has the complete opposite effect if aeration. Adding sand or stones at the bottom of pots is a 70's growing technique that shouldn't be used.

Promix or sunshine mix with added perlite and some wormcasting is all you need.

Aeration=perlite, not sand.

Perlite I guess is a more modern practice but it costs money , a low budget grower can get great yields with sand.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2014, 02:08:56 AM »
Perlite I guess is a more modern practice but it costs money , a low budget grower can get great yields with sand.

A huuuge bag of perlite,  enough for 200 one gallon pots costs like 20 bucks brother.

Try this experiment.  Take one gallon of sand and one gallon of perlite.  Run water through each one and then please tell me which drains faster and better.  Which one still weighs a ton and which one is light as a feather.

littlechris

• Getbig II
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2014, 02:47:33 AM »
Your yield will depend on lots of factors. As a rule of thumb, if u can yield one gram of dry weight per watt of light then u are doing very very good. The best scenario would be to use 600 watt high pressure sodium lamps. Each 600 watt lamp would cover a 3 x 3 foot area. Your yields would further increase if you grow soilless, preferably in rockwool in an ebb n flow table. If you can pull one lb per 600 watt light then you are doing good. Of course strains differ with some yielding more than others. The general hydro nutes are the best. Don't switch to the flowering formula until the plants have been under 12/12 for a minimum of 2 weeks or they will stretch like mad. Outdoors is another story as well. Totally different scenario. Good luck

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2014, 03:05:26 AM »
Your yield will depend on lots of factors. As a rule of thumb, if u can yield one gram of dry weight per watt of light then u are doing very very good. The best scenario would be to use 600 watt high pressure sodium lamps. Each 600 watt lamp would cover a 3 x 3 foot area. Your yields would further increase if you grow soilless, preferably in rockwool in an ebb n flow table. If you can pull one lb per 600 watt light then you are doing good. Of course strains differ with some yielding more than others. The general hydro nutes are the best. Don't switch to the flowering formula until the plants have been under 12/12 for a minimum of 2 weeks or they will stretch like mad. Outdoors is another story as well. Totally different scenario. Good luck

i agree.  One gram per watt can be accomplished but only for the very experienced and dedicated grower.  In my 15 years of dealing in this field I've only managed to meet one couple that did this and their roomwhad the best of everything.  Total control of climate and co2, etc. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2014, 06:04:25 AM »
Thread reported to DEA.    ;D

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2014, 06:46:28 PM »
A huuuge bag of perlite,  enough for 200 one gallon pots costs like 20 bucks brother.

Try this experiment.  Take one gallon of sand and one gallon of perlite.  Run water through each one and then please tell me which drains faster and better.  Which one still weighs a ton and which one is light as a feather.

Touche'

dustin

« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2014, 05:03:27 AM »
Where Dustin lives its not uncommon to be in direct contact with people who are large producers.  The practice is extremely wide spread per population.

Yep. The guy at work who sells tons of weed said he wanted to show me something when he found out I was legal. Met tons of designated growers and saw tons of warehouses run by 90lb stoners. None of then had gang ties. One person had a 1000 plant license as they juiced entire plants and all of them had multiple patients under their care.

I've stayed away from all gang bangers for a long time. A girl I was really into at the time I was courting my wife got shot in the face 7 years ago in Alberta. If she didn't die I might have started dating her instead, so that sort of morbid reality along with all the other violence keeps me far at bay. I don't like anything narcotic or gang related. You can see a hundred light grow show with nothing but World of Warcraft geeks running the show.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2014, 03:40:15 PM »
Yep. The guy at work who sells tons of weed said he wanted to show me something when he found out I was legal. Met tons of designated growers and saw tons of warehouses run by 90lb stoners. None of then had gang ties. One person had a 1000 plant license as they juiced entire plants and all of them had multiple patients under their care.

I've stayed away from all gang bangers for a long time. A girl I was really into at the time I was courting my wife got shot in the face 7 years ago in Alberta. If she didn't die I might have started dating her instead, so that sort of morbid reality along with all the other violence keeps me far at bay. I don't like anything narcotic or gang related. You can see a hundred light grow show with nothing but World of Warcraft geeks running the show.

You can't say that gang violence out there is all underground related , if some of these guys hear about an operation legal or not , they're gonna go in and do the same thing they would to an illegal one.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2014, 06:42:23 PM »
You can't say that gang violence out there is all underground related , if some of these guys hear about an operation legal or not , they're gonna go in and do the same thing they would to an illegal one.

what he's saying and I agree with him,  is that contrary to all the media hype,  most growers aren't affiliated with "organized crime" in the biker/gang/mafia sense.  I never dealt with any of those people,  ever.  Most are just regular,  average individuals looking to make extra money. 

Of coarse there's the seedy,  shady,  douche bags that are involved but what can you do but try and stay away and under the radar from those types.

dustin

« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2014, 01:02:12 AM »

That's not what I said at all. I'm saying that marijuana has a culture. Hardcore gangsters grow marijuana and rip off growers, so they're in the mix as well. But by and large, at least here in Canada, it's primarily the enthusiasts which comprise the majority of this group. Every time I get together with these guys they want to show off a prized strain or crop and talk about video games.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2014, 02:19:22 AM »
Jorge Cervantes...

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2014, 07:16:06 AM »

What about Vermiculite? It's suppose to be far superior to Perlite?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2014, 04:00:02 PM »
What about Vermiculite? It's suppose to be far superior to Perlite?

Vermiculite retains much more water and is completely unneeded if you use the soiless mixes I mentioned earlier. It could be used in other applications though.

A mixture of both in a drip system does extreemly well but I would leave that type of thing for the more intermediate / advanced grower. 

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2014, 05:17:30 PM »
OH NO SHE'S ON THE DRUGS!! 

Gangbanging negros from a second hand sleeping bag in a condemned building within 3 weeks.  :( 

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2014, 07:25:13 PM »
Still cannot fathom the attraction of feeling stoooopid, laaaazy and sleeeepy.  Dope is a fitting name for this stuff.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2014, 02:37:07 AM »
Still cannot fathom the attraction of feeling stoooopid, laaaazy and sleeeepy.  Dope is a fitting name for this stuff.

Unlike the millions that get shitfaced , boozing it up.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2014, 04:13:48 PM »
That's not what I said at all. I'm saying that marijuana has a culture. Hardcore gangsters grow marijuana and rip off growers, so they're in the mix as well. But by and large, at least here in Canada, it's primarily the enthusiasts which comprise the majority of this group. Every time I get together with these guys they want to show off a prized strain or crop and talk about video games.

Sure there are many enthusiasts that grow, but I would say the vast majority that is produced is grown by gangsters. In BC alone I heard the industry (illegal) pulls in over 1 Billion dollars annually.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2014, 06:16:41 PM »
Unlike the millions that get shitfaced , boozing it up.

I don't drink.  Try again.  Dope is for morons.  Only a total puss wants to escape the reality of what is more often than not, their pathetic first world troubles.

I suppose we should just legalize stupidity.  Oh wait, we did!  It's called welfare.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2014, 06:26:31 PM »
I don't drink.  Try again.  Dope is for morons.  Only a total puss wants to escape the reality of what is more often than not, their pathetic first world troubles.

I suppose we should just legalize stupidity.  Oh wait, we did!  It's called welfare.

Wow we are in awe of your boring purity. Maybe some pot would give you a modicum of modesty.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2014, 06:28:27 PM »

holier than thou

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2014, 06:36:39 PM »

Wow we are in awe of your boring purity. Maybe some pot would give you a modicum of modesty.

My, my...Aren't you the talent.  I never said you had to be anything less than what you perspire to be.  In truth, I really don't know you by anything other than your  words.  Pity.  I suspect you're not nearly as incapable as you appear in the above quote.

I've seen the effects of dope on a loved one,  my late brother.  My experience is one of the pain of watching a life not merely slip away but more aptly put, ooze down a drain of his own making.  He took his own life after destroying it with dope.

Your life's experiences may well be different.  I hope so, not for your sake alone but for that of your loved ones.

holier than thou

"Holier"?  Please.  If that's the bestest you've got, perhaps you had better give up the leaf.  I am here to state what I hold true.  Don't like it?  Fine, just don't attempt to match quips with someone not stoned.  ;D

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2014, 07:18:14 PM »
My, my...Aren't you the talent.  I never said you had to be anything less than what you perspire to be.  In truth, I really don't know you by anything other than your  words.  Pity.  I suspect you're not nearly as incapable as you appear in the above quote.

I've seen the effects of dope on a loved one,  my late brother.  My experience is one of the pain of watching a life not merely slip away but more aptly put, ooze down a drain of his own making.  He took his own life after destroying it with dope.

Your life's experiences may well be different.  I hope so, not for your sake alone but for that of your loved ones.

"Holier"?  Please.  If that's the bestest you've got, perhaps you had better give up the leaf.  I am here to state what I hold true.  Don't like it?  Fine, just don't attempt to match quips with someone not stoned.  ;D

So your brother killed himself because he smoked weed?   ::)

Gotta laugh at some people's social stereotyping.   You think weed smokers have bongs surgically sewn to their mouths and suck on them all day?  Believe it or not the overwhelming majority of us function just as well as you do and we don't smoke to mask any hiden traumas,  we smoke form the same reason someone has a few drinks once in a while or has sex,  it feels good and we can enjoy in moderation  with absolutely no harm to ourselves or anyone else.

Perspire to be?  You sure about that?  

Preach on another thread but don't get all pissy here.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2014, 09:55:41 PM »
So your brother killed himself because he smoked weed?   ::)

Gotta laugh at some people's social stereotyping. Having a glass of wine once a day is perfectly normal but having a few puffs a week is the destroyer of lives.  You think weed smokers have bongs surgically sewn to their mouths and suck on them all day?  Believe it or not the overwhelming majority of us function just as well as you do and we don't smoke to mask any hi den traumas,  we smoke form the same reason someone has a few drinks once in a while or has sex,  it feels good and we can enjoy in moderation  with absolutely no harm to ourselves or anyone else.

Perspire to be?  You sure about that? 

Preach on another thread but don't get all pissy here.

Go intercourse yourself.  Oh wait...You too high to understand.  Look it up little man.  And since you're so cavalier (again, get a dictionary and keep in mind the context in which the word is used as it has more than one definition), here's to your demise from drug use and the pain it brings your family.  Note I didn't say "friends". 

Later, little man.