Author Topic: Ronnie Coleman to retire at 2006 Mr. Olympia  (Read 15104 times)

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Ronnie Coleman to retire at 2006 Mr. Olympia
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2006, 02:33:52 PM »
Sources have said that Ronnie Coleman will announce his retirement at the 2006 Olympia on September 30th - after the Mr. Olympia contest is over - on stage.

No one will argue with him and his critics that Ronnie Coleman is and has been the greatest Mr. Olympia champion to date.

What sources -

I hear RONNIE saying "  I will drive it until the wheels fall off"  you have to rip it from his hands and it is one thing I love about Mr. O
He is going out with a fight - and there are about 6 people coming to fight

TRUE STORY

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2006, 02:35:23 PM »
10 Olympias my ass. it's time that this sandow goes take a different direction. if Ronnie is not 100% on, he shouldn't expect any sandow, but, wait....they'll still probably give it to him. I'm not hating on Ronnie, I love him, it's just that the line up is getting bigger and more ripped every year. In my Opinion, Ronnie has to come better than last year, and beyond that, well...let's wait till SEPT 30TH
Get Big, or Die Trying

LyricTenor

• Getbig III
  • Athiest
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2006, 02:39:07 PM »
Sources have said that Ronnie Coleman will announce his retirement at the 2006 Olympia on September 30th - after the Mr. Olympia contest is over - on stage.

No one will argue with him and his critics that Ronnie Coleman is and has been the greatest Mr. Olympia champion to date.

lol right
We work with being, but non-being is what we use.

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2006, 02:50:39 PM »
10 Olympias my ass. it's time that this sandow goes take a different direction. if Ronnie is not 100% on, he shouldn't expect any sandow, but, wait....they'll still probably give it to him. I'm not hating on Ronnie, I love him, it's just that the line up is getting bigger and more ripped every year. In my Opinion, Ronnie has to come better than last year, and beyond that, well...let's wait till SEPT 30TH

agreed - Huge - you get the drinks , I got the popcorn ....

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2006, 05:24:34 PM »
Here's an interesting thought for the day.

Ronnie Coleman may be calling it quits.  A few points:

Recent pics show Ronnie TORE A TRICEP in December.  Not many athletes can come back inside a year from an injury like this, much less a 40+ year old man on top of the sport.

Ronnie will be what, 43 years old for next year's Olympia?  Dickerson barely won it at age 44 in a far less competitive era. ronnie aint chris

Ronnie has nothing more to prove in the sport- 8 straight Olympias makes him #1. no, he is tied with haney right now, 9 olympias makes him king

Ronnie has used higher levels of GH/IGF/Insulin than any previous Mr O champion.  His head is clearly showing a growing skull plate on the front left side.  you know ronnies dosages, there are no skull plates growing

From recent pics, Ronnie has not touched a weight, has not eaten much, and has not used anything more than maintenance HRT for the last 4 months. only after the olympia does he slack off

Ronnie lost his LOCK upon the Olympia the minute the judges awarded Gustavo the challenge round at the 05 Olympia.  Gustavo is clearly waiting to be next.  gus is good but the next mr o?

Ronnie did an additional DVD, The Road to the Olympia, AFTER the Olympia.  He's never done this.  And he did it in Australia, alienating his American video contracts.  so

Ron is guest posing and doing signings like never before.   Every week. This WOULD be a good time to keep the retirement secret and earn a lot of money.

Dorian waited until the Arnold Classic following his last Olympia win to announce his retirement. So did Haney. Will Coleman?   no yates waited till the n.o.c. or the olympia to announce this (ny probably cuz he wanted to end his career at the place he started

The magazines are covering Gustavo like he's the next champ.  Marketing students would say these resources are going in Gustavo's direction for a reason...   not so

Perhaps Ronnie Coleman did the math after tearing a tricep and winning #8 and realized it's time to hang it up and retire a champion.  I know it's popular opinion to say that Ronnie will be king forever, but we all may want to step back and look at the facts and consider we may have seen the man onstage for the last time.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2006, 05:26:29 PM »
it would make no sense for Ronnie to retire now...nobody is even close to him and he loves what he does

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2006, 05:29:24 PM »
That head is distrurbing...I've never noticed that before
That's because it's a morphed shot, to get internet gurus to waste time discussing it.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2006, 05:31:23 PM »
Ronnie has nothing more to prove in the sport- 8 straight Olympias makes him #1. no, he is tied with haney right now, 9 olympias makes him king

but he has also won more professional victories than anyone...so that counts too..

then again, he was beaten by Gunter.

so he sucks :)
Flower Boy Ran Away

ReEvolution

• Getbig III
  • goodbye ronnie
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2006, 07:12:53 PM »
i just talked to Ronnie at the Pump N Pak

i couldn't understand a fuckin' word he said......
two thumbs WAY up!!!

THEBERG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2006, 07:43:40 PM »
Here's an interesting thought for the day.

Dorian waited until the Arnold Classic following his last Olympia win to announce his retirement. So did Haney. Will Coleman?   no yates waited till the n.o.c. or the olympia to announce this (ny probably cuz he wanted to end his career at the place he started

it was at the 1998 olympia, i have the tape to prove it. He was meant to take that year off and come back the following year but Dorian decided to retire and then Coleman took over the reigns.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2006, 08:01:07 PM »
i just talked to Ronnie at the Pump N Pak

i couldn't understand a fuckin' word he said......

LOL
Flower Boy Ran Away

Dorian 01

• Getbig III
  • Ronnie Rockel > Ronnie Coleman
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2006, 08:02:53 PM »
So many people forget that the challenge round had entirely different judges. Former MR.Os. And maybe only one of them, Yates, had a physique anything like Ronnie's. As Larry Scott said on PBweekly, you're more likely to side with a guy who has a physique resembling your own. I agree with that, every guy out their is selfish and if they happen to have genetics for shape and symmetry then they'll tell you the sport should be all about shape and symmetry. Those former Olympias talk all the time in interviews how bodybuilding has gone downhill, ie they award physiques that don't resemble their own.
T

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2006, 08:25:04 PM »
I just hope King Ron retires while he is ahead is all I ask....And after this Olympia would be prime-time....
Watching The Haters

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2006, 08:52:19 PM »
it was at the 1998 olympia, i have the tape to prove it. He was meant to take that year off and come back the following year but Dorian decided to retire and then Coleman took over the reigns.
easy boy i beleive you. no need to break out the tape. ;D

AVBG

« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2006, 08:53:53 PM »
I cant see Ronnie retiring, he'll only quit if he gets beaten on stage.

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2006, 09:39:09 PM »
My grandmother just talked to someone who knows somebody who just over heard Ronnie talking to the cashier at the Piggly Wiggly about how this Olympia will be his next one.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2006, 10:49:59 PM »
Here's the funny thing:  People on this board are saying Ronnie is falling apart like Yates but they dont go to the shows and have no REAL inside info.  Culter says Ronnie is ok.  Also...said when Ronnie took of his sweats last yr the show was over.  Who should we believe Jay or GetDumb users?   
Oh...Monica!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2006, 10:51:39 PM »
My grandmother just talked to someone who knows somebody who just over heard Ronnie talking to the cashier at the Piggly Wiggly about how this Olympia will be his next one.

Has your grandmother been reliable with past bodybuilding gossip?

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2006, 11:53:31 PM »
Ronnie is retiring...

I'll give you the hot tip

when i give em out, which is rare

get on it

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2006, 12:42:06 AM »
 You incredible, incredible dick-rider. The most pathetic individual to post on the getbig.com message boards. Ever! Oh, people, he's also a virgin, too! ;D At least Hulkster tries to justify his posts with pseudo-logic and pics from the 1999 Olympia that hide Ronnie's distended gut.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
go and lick dorians anus you asshole.....
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

ali23

• Getbig III
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2006, 01:06:06 AM »
I just talked to Ronnie and he said math was his worse subject.

I just talked to Ronnie and he said he's shaving his head tomorrow.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2006, 09:35:32 AM »
I just talked to Ronnie and he said he's shaving his head tomorrow.

Tell him to watch out for that mole.
Motherboy (the band).