Author Topic: Dana White: Ronda Rousey can beat Floyd Mayweather Jr in a street fight  (Read 11906 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive

Anna Recksiek

• Getbig III
Ronda rousey could probably beat Floyd off in the locker room.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Mayweather would light her up like a Christmas tree. Dana White must be an opiate addict because he's becoming more and more delusional...

T-REX007

• Getbig III
Rousey couldn't beat a decent male athlete in a street fight, people don't understand a street fight is no rules, there is a difference trying to arm bar a heavier stronger man compared to a woman

Yeah, I know some of you grappling guys will say come on down to the dojo etc.... and see what happens, that IS NOT the street, entirely different venue, in the street you are alone, not in your dojo with your instructor watching etc... no way is it the same

WOMEN are not equal to men, it's not PC I know, but that's the way it is

FLoyd is WORLD class striker, she wouldn't even see the 10 punches that would cave her face in, and don't throw in the Couture/ Toney gig either, again totally different circumstances

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Dana White must be sniffin that white...
Floyd woukd beat the breaks off that broad.
She leans in for a takedown, uppercut....game over

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
Gentlemen, let us not forget how the Afro American male behaves in a street fight.  Rhonda would have to break 8-10 arms before her and mayweather even met.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
She wouldn't have a hope he would be too fast and with one hit he would fuck her up. Boxing is probably the best fighting sport, because it's run so poorly UFC has taken over, not because boxing is shit.

Serena Williams and Venus wanted to play a male tennis player about 10 years ago. They played a guy ranked 400 and he wiped the floor with them. They said they couldn't believe how hard he hit the ball. He said he backed off against them as well.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
She wouldn't have a hope he would be too fast and with one hit he would fuck her up. Boxing is probably the best fighting sport, because it's run so poorly UFC has taken over, not because boxing is shit.

Serena Williams and Venus wanted to play a male tennis player about 10 years ago. They played a guy ranked 400 and he wiped the floor with them. They said they couldn't believe how hard he hit the ball. He said he backed off against them as well.

video tape, interviews etc. or I don't believe a word you said

secondly, I believe ronda would beat floyd in mma match, no doubt.

bradistani

• Getbig V
ufc fans are delusional as fuck and'll believe any old shite. wasn't so long ago that the ufc was supposed to be overtaking boxing. we're still waiting on that one, lol

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
UFC  is becoming a second rate product lately,quality of cards has really dropped. its peaked in popularity and you could even say its beginning to slide, sure more overall revenue, but the percentage of shows now that don't get sold out are growing.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV

http://www.topendsports.com/sport/tennis/men-v-women.htm

devilsmile

• Getbig V

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES

The Williams sisters challenged any man in top 250 to a match. Some random guy accepted, about 240 in world, and Venus (who was better at the time accepted, maybe he played both). Think he beat her 6-1 6-3 or so. Men v women is a different sport. It is a true story if not entirely accurate.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
LOL

devilsmile

• Getbig V
The Grim Lifter already corrected me, SHEESH  >:(

thebrink

• Getbig V
UFC  is becoming a second rate product lately,quality of cards has really dropped. its peaked in popularity and you could even say its beginning to slide, sure more overall revenue, but the percentage of shows now that don't get sold out are growing.

Yup , its done.

When was the last time their heavyweight champion fought?

Not even mentioning the other heavyweights...

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Yup , its done.

When was the last time their heavyweight champion fought?

Not even mentioning the other heavyweights...

Cain fights once a year. It's lame.

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
Its just a marketing gimmick.  Similar to Chael,  Ronda adopts a pro wrestling trash talking stance from time to time and it works. After all she borrowed her nickname from Roddy Piper. Dana caught on to it and keep it moving. It generates a lot of buzz, gets people talking and debating once again on the boxing vs MMA topic.

Before Mayweather she started speculating whether she could beat Cain Velasquez. She also started trash talking womens BJJ practitioners recently which got a whole lot of Brazilian women who compete all fired up.

There's no real fire in these stories just a lot of smoke that gets a lot  of attention....and forum discussions. It helps sell more payperviews with the hope of eventually having Ronda headline a card.

Texas Ranger

• Getbig II
Dana hates Mayweather and would say anything to get under his skin.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
Its just a marketing gimmick.  Similar to Chael,  Ronda adopts a pro wrestling trash talking stance from time to time. After all she borrowed her nickname from Roddy Piper. Dana caught on to it and keep it moving. It generates a lot of buzz, gets people talking and debating once again on the boxing vs MMA topic.

Before Mayweather she started speculating whether she could beat Cain Velasquez. She also started trash talking womens BJJ practitioners recently which got a whole lot of Brazilian women who compete all fired up.

There's no real fire in these stories just a lot of smoke that gets a lot  of attention....and forum discussions.

I hope you are wrong, I really do, because I personally believe Ronda is a real deal, every match she has had she has dominated like nothing else.

And she didn't really talk trash against womens bjj fighters, she just said she could beat all of them right now..  ;D

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
I hope you are wrong, I really do, because I personally believe Ronda is a real deal, every match she has had she has dominated like nothing else.

And she didn't really talk trash against womens bjj fighters, she just said she could beat all of them right now..  ;D

Yeah and unless she actually plans on competing in BJJ tournaments or these women take up MMA we'll never know if thats true.  Her coach is now screaming about how she's dropping experienced boxers in the gym etc. She  has improved her striking but c'mon.....Sounds to me like they're trying to give justino something to worry about.

I agree with you that she is the real deal and is very competitive. Anyone who makes it to the Olympics will most likely have a stronger drive and mental toughness to gut it out through adversity. Apparently her mom used to make her compete in judo tournaments despite the fact that she was nursing injuries. She has a champions mindset.

It's also not her fault that the other women competing aren't at her level. That's why she tends to dominate. She's the Royce of Womens MMA. However unlike Royce Ronda is working on improving her striking. Eventually people figured out Royce and that was the end of his "dominance". With Ronda  it may take a bit longer for women to catch up since she's constantly improving her game and may move on before a credible challenger is ready.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
Yeah and unless she actually plans on competing in BJJ tournaments or these women take up MMA we'll never know if thats true.  Her coach is now screaming about how she's dropping experienced boxers in the gym etc. She  has improved her striking but c'mon.....Sounds to me like they're trying to give justino something to worry about.

I agree with you that she is the real deal and is very competitive. Anyone who makes it to the Olympics will most likely have a stronger drive and mental toughness to gut it out through adversity. Apparently her mom used to make her compete in judo tournaments despite the fact that she was nursing injuries. She has a champions mindset.

It's also not her fault that the other women competing aren't at her level. That's why she tends to dominate. She's the Royce of Womens MMA. However unlike Royce Ronda is working on improving her striking. Eventually people figured out Royce and that was the end of his "dominance". With Ronda  it may take a bit longer for women to catch up since she's constantly improving her game and may move on before a credible challenger is ready.

"Say what you mean and mean what you say", right? I have watched probably every interview and lifestyle video of ronda in youtube and she  never really talks 'trash', she answers questions and then the media takes bits from here and there and makes it a headline. and the cattle follows.

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
"Say what you mean and mean what you say", right? I have watched probably every interview and lifestyle video of ronda in youtube and she  never really talks 'trash', she answers questions and then the media takes bits from here and there and makes it a headline. and the cattle follows.

Sounds like you're a diehard Howdy Honda Housey fan.... :D. Nothing wrong with that.

A couple of my friends met her in vegas and apparently she was all giggly girly and very nice to talk to.  Completely different from "mean face" Ronda that steps into the Octagon. She does use the pro wrestling gimmicks from time to time..the four horsewomen, etc. She does trash talk - sometimes with a smile sometimes with a frown the latter mostly aimed at Justino. She uses it well to her advantage just like Chael did. Creates a buzz and sells tickets.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Of the two of them, which one is the one that wouldn't take the fight?  Think about it.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/6/30/5856854/humongous-female-grappling-champ-freakish-biceps-calls-out-ronda-rousey-mma

I'd like you to meet two-time open class world champion Gabi Garcia ... who has a bone to pick with a certain UFC titleholder.

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey is confident she can beat any female in the world in a straight-up jiu-jitsu match, according to comments she made last week (read 'em) in advance of her upcoming title fight.

That didn't sit too well with Gabi Garcia.

The hulking behemoth, winner of eight world Brazilian jiu-jitsu championships and best known as Wanderlei Silva's sidekick on The Ultimate Fighter (TUF): "Brazil," told Gracie Mag that Rousey must have been confused, because there is no way a champion would be brazen enough to make that sort of claim.

"I rather believe she didn't know what she was saying. It's not possible for someone to display such a lack of humbleness. She disrespected jiu-jitsu as a whole. The first quality of a champion is to be humble and to respect others. As my professior Fabio Gurgel said, I'm ready and at her disposal to fight her under any rules, with or without gi."

Where you at, Metamoris?

Then it's on to bigger and better things. And if Garcia gets her wish, much bigger.

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/6/24/5837556/ufc-175-ronda-rousey-prove-not-terrible-striker-judo-jiu-jitsu-mma

"Rowdy" is hoping to demonstrate that Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is not superior to judo. And if the fight never makes it to the floor? No problem, as the Olympic medalist will use her hands to prove she's not the terrible striker you think she is, according to her conversation with Great MMA Debate (via FOX Sports):

"One thing that I couldn't stand when I was just watching MMA and coming from Judo was all these people talking about how the Jiu Jitsu people would beat any Judo player. It was such a stereotype that I thought, and still think, that I could beat any girl in the world, any weight division, gi or no-gi, black belt and in any ruleset they want, in just pure Jiu Jitsu. I really feel like the Judokas that do excel in Newaza, which is our term for groundwork, have never really gotten enough respect. This fight against Alexis, who is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt and the kind of person I've heard my whole life should be the type to tap me out no problem, would be nice to prove a point against her. Then again, I always have people saying that my striking is terrible and she's a well-noted Muay Thai fighter so any way that I can beat her I think would prove a good point."
Gracie Rules