Author Topic: Obama is clearly pussing out (Malaysian Airlines flight)  (Read 15853 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Obama is clearly pussing out (Malaysian Airlines flight)
« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2014, 08:34:51 PM »
Getbig digging deep for conspiratorial proof or a strategically decisive response.  There's neither.  Not to be icy but this is one of those shit happens things.  It's not going to change the balance of power in the region no matter how anyone tries to play it.  It's not going to change anything.

Missle dudes: Know what you're shooting at before you pull the trigger.
Pilots and flight planners: Don't fly over war zones where they shoot down other planes.

Yup.

Theres rough times in that area, something happened,  a bird gets shot down accidently in a hostile area.

Shit happens, it probably wasnt intentional, nor was it probably conspiracy.

Most likely bad luck.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2014, 09:34:10 PM »
Yup.

Theres rough times in that area, something happened,  a bird gets shot down accidently in a hostile area.

Shit happens, it probably wasnt intentional, nor was it probably conspiracy.

Most likely bad luck.

3 not too bright Russian + Vodka !

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2014, 09:56:15 PM »
It's hard for the Americans to take too strong a stance on this since they made a similar mistake shooting an Iranian airliner out of the sky back in the eighties, which many believe led to the Lockerbie bombing as revenge

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #103 on: July 19, 2014, 10:01:58 PM »
I wonder how easy it'd be for 1 of you to say "oh shit happens" if your family was on that plane
Brutal lack of logic.

That would be a knee jerk emotional response, of course theyd be upset. But it would be fucking retarded to try and cause an uproar that could lead to a military response over such an emotional response. Yes, lets freak out and possibly kill millions because of an unfortunate accident that killed a couple hundred, all because youre upset you lost a family member.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
Re: Obama is clearly pussing out
« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2014, 10:04:31 PM »
OK this quote is for first three replies, however this one is the most retarded and completely missed my point.

If it was a deliberate act as a result of Russian actions (encouraging revolt and supplying the weapons used) is it not a complete negation of responsibilities for the US president to call it a tragedy? The Netherlands are a NATO country and the flight left from Amsterdam with Dutch passengers.

If unsure, say we await conclusive determination. If it is Russian involvement, direct or indirect, condemn it, justify recent sanctions and use it as leverage to force Russia out of Ukraine (who the fuck can support shooting down an Asian airline... you know, near China, Russia's friend). You can back Putin into an apology but Obama missed a trick.

Next time you reply use your head.

Precedent says it's a tragedy & let's move on....

According to Ronald Reagan that is..

Iran Air Flight 655 was an Iran Air civilian passenger flight from Tehran to Dubai that was shot down by the United States Navy guided missile cruiser USS Vincennes on 3 July 1988. The attack took place in Iranian airspace, over Iran's territorial waters in the Persian Gulf, and on the flight's usual flight path. The aircraft, an Airbus A300 B2-203, was destroyed by SM-2MR surface-to-air missiles fired from the Vincennes.

According to the United States Government, the crew incorrectly identified the Iranian Airbus A300 as an attacking F-14 Tomcat fighter (a plane made in the United States and operated at that time by only two forces worldwide, the United States Navy and the Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force).

The event generated a great deal of controversy and criticism of the United States. Some analysts have blamed U.S. military commanders and the captain of Vincennes for reckless and aggressive behavior in a tense and dangerous environment.

The United States did not apologize to Iran. In 1996, the United States and Iran reached "an agreement in full and final settlement of all disputes, differences, claims, counterclaims" relating to the incident at the International Court of Justice As part of the settlement, the United States did not admit legal liability but agreed to pay US$61.8 million, amounting to $213,103.45 per passenger, in compensation to the families of the Iranian victims.

So basically, not even an apology required but maybe a few hunnerd thousand dollars per head.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2014, 11:56:18 PM »
Don't fool yourself with believing that the president is the one calling the shots on these matters.

manuelsonn

• Getbig IV
  • Team BAN CREATINE!
« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2014, 12:56:29 AM »
The event to which you are referring occurred over a quarter century ago.

This thread is about the the Malaysian flight that was shot down 2 days ago. Americans did not shoot down the Malaysian flight. So calling Americans "stupid" in this particular thread (without explanation) is ridiculous.
so after 26 years american didnt even apologize, well that sums it up when they have "opinions" regarding terrorism

Bosch

• Getbig III
« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2014, 02:27:04 AM »
The event to which you are referring occurred over a quarter century ago.

This thread is about the the Malaysian flight that was shot down 2 days ago. Americans did not shoot down the Malaysian flight. So calling Americans "stupid" in this particular thread (without explanation) is ridiculous.

That was to show you that everyone has skeletons in closet.

Not long time ago most americans didn't know what Ukraine or Syria or whatever is and most still don't know how the conflict started, who fights who, who pays for it, why so called ukranian army takes three months to handle a handful of opposition forces and so on. But everyone keeps calling names and making accusations.

You know, that situation is very symptomatic. I just find it funny that even before the investigation some EU countries and of course USA said whose fault is it. And it seems most of you didn't give a passing thought to that.
Just think of it, it's fourth day since the accident and there is still no expert group on site and no evidence. The investigation is being delayed. Wait few days more and that plane will go  off the news feed. FYI, you can come to the crash site from each place across the globe in one day - Kiev has international airport (i've even been there once) from where it takes a few hours to be in Donetsk. Rebels been told by international community - wait, don't touch anything, keep the crash site intact. And they are waiting. It's fourth day, while there is bodies lying around in the field and military operation is ongoing and its +30 degrees C everyday. All the bodies must be decomposed now, maybe partly eaten by wild animals, bet the relatives are happy with it. The next thing we'll hear will be that unindentified missle blown up the crash site. Oh, that must be rebels too.

Bosch

• Getbig III
« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2014, 02:39:53 AM »
Let me remind you two great quotes from Victoria Nuland - "Fuck the EU" and "We've invested over five billion dollars to assist Ukraine's in needs and other goals".
That one from Collin Powell was nice too - "United States knows about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction".

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2014, 03:47:12 AM »
An accident?  An accident? 

Last week a couple friends came over- we started drinking Jack and smoking crack. Some hookers came over and brought along some heroin. We took out my 1911 Combat Commander and started shooting apples off my apple tree. A nosey neighbor heard the gun shots and called the fuzz. A pigcopter flew by overhead. I thought it was an apple from my apple tree and shot it down.  I explained to the judge that it was an accident.  The judge understood.

So you took off outside to shoot apples off the tree instead of fucking the hookers?

Outed

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2014, 04:15:07 AM »
MH17: Russia Today presenter Sara Firth quits over Malaysia Airlines crash coverage

A presenter for the Kremlin-backed news channel Russia Today (RT) has resigned from her job in protest over the broadcaster’s coverage of the Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash in Ukraine.

Sara Firth quit the post she has held at the Moscow based station for five years over what she described as their “total disrespect to the facts”, claiming on Twitter that the RT style guide rule one is: "It is ALWAYS *Ukraine's fault (*add name as applicable)”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/mh17-russia-today-presenter-sara-firth-quits-over-malaysia-airlines-crash-coverage-9615489.html

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2014, 06:10:35 AM »
I wonder how easy it'd be for 1 of you to say "oh shit happens" if your family was on that plane

Yet my family not being on the plane allows me to be objective.  Does this help?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #112 on: July 20, 2014, 06:38:26 AM »
Yet my family not being on the plane allows me to be objective.  Does this help?
Apparently that makes you sound like an asshole.

Apparently were supposed to be all overly emotional and feign righteous indignation over an event simply because people lost family in a tragic accident...., and not immediately freaking out and calling for a response that could instigate an international incident out of pure, irrational, emotion driven outrage makes us assholes.

well, call me an asshole I guess. Im not going to freak out irrationally just because people lost family members in a tragic accident when no one even knows where to point the finger yet.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2014, 06:42:33 AM »
MH17: Russia Today presenter Sara Firth quits over Malaysia Airlines crash coverage

A presenter for the Kremlin-backed news channel Russia Today (RT) has resigned from her job in protest over the broadcaster’s coverage of the Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash in Ukraine.

Sara Firth quit the post she has held at the Moscow based station for five years over what she described as their “total disrespect to the facts”, claiming on Twitter that the RT style guide rule one is: "It is ALWAYS *Ukraine's fault (*add name as applicable)”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/mh17-russia-today-presenter-sara-firth-quits-over-malaysia-airlines-crash-coverage-9615489.html

!!!!!!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2014, 06:45:14 AM »

It's the old "to the world you are one person, but to one person you are the world" saying. I'd be obviously sad and pissed off, but you can't expect war because of this.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2014, 06:51:08 AM »
It's the old "to the world you are one person, but to one person you are the world" saying. I'd be obviously sad and pissed off, but you can't expect war because of this.
Decisions on that scale have to be measured with objectivity and without emotional involvement. Countless lives hang in the balance, and 200 people losing their lives, while tragic, is not significant enough IMO to merit a retaliatory response, unless it was an intentional, planned event and they knew exactly who they were shooting down.

right now it sounds like no one knows anything. Too quick to point the finger.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2014, 07:21:22 AM »

Apparently were supposed to be all overly emotional and feign righteous indignation over an event simply because people lost family in a tragic accident...., and not immediately freaking out and calling for a response that could instigate an international incident out of pure, irrational, emotion driven outrage makes us assholes.

well, call me an asshole I guess. Im not going to freak out irrationally just because people lost family members in a tragic accident when no one even knows where to point the finger yet.

I've never made any secret of that!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #117 on: July 20, 2014, 07:23:28 AM »
I've never made any secret of that!
Haha, touche'.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: July 20, 2014, 07:27:54 AM »
Let me remind you two great quotes from Victoria Nuland - "Fuck the EU" and "We've invested over five billion dollars to assist Ukraine's in needs and other goals".
That one from Collin Powell was nice too - "United States knows about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction".

Spreading freedom and democracy all over the World!

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2014, 01:36:49 PM »

It was not a tragic accident.

We knew Russia was inciting revolution in Ukraine and arming terrorists (guess they're not separatists anymore). For 8 months or more this was known. People were too soft on Putin. It was known he gave these same people more sophisticated SAMs a month or so ago. Firstly on this, the Civil Aviation Authority, which would have known this, showed a complete dereliction of duty allowing planes to fly here once it was above 32k feet given that these SAMs have a farm greater range. Secondly, no action was taken against Russia, Israel has been in the news, and the world cup. These terrorists have been shooting down Ukrainian aircraft for months, EU and US have stayed silent.

The Lusitania was not an accident, it was coming. Same with Pearl harbour. This is not quite on same level as the latter but the Lusitania had weapons, albeit small firearms and was warned, this was a case of knowing such a thing could happen, not changing advice to airlines, and the inevitable happening.

In short, it was preventable, strong action needs to be taken now. Putin is all bark and no bite, make him suffer and turn China against him. He should never have signed that 400bn gas deal with China, maybe now an Asian country has been affected they will rethink. Doubt it, the rapacious immoral cu nts

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2014, 01:42:34 PM »
It was not a tragic accident.

We knew Russia was inciting revolution in Ukraine and arming terrorists (guess they're not separatists anymore). For 8 months or more this was known. People were too soft on Putin. It was known he gave these same people more sophisticated SAMs a month or so ago. Firstly on this, the Civil Aviation Authority, which would have known this, showed a complete dereliction of duty allowing planes to fly here once it was above 32k feet given that these SAMs have a farm greater range. Secondly, no action was taken against Russia, Israel has been in the news, and the world cup. These terrorists have been shooting down Ukrainian aircraft for months, EU and US have stayed silent.

The Lusitania was not an accident, it was coming. Same with Pearl harbour. This is not quite on same level as the latter but the Lusitania had weapons, albeit small firearms and was warned, this was a case of knowing such a thing could happen, not changing advice to airlines, and the inevitable happening.

In  short, it was preventable, strong action needs to be taken now. Putin is all bark and no bite, make him suffer and turn China against him. He should never have signed that 400bn gas deal with China, maybe now an Asian country has been affected they will rethink. Doubt it, the rapacious immoral cu nts
I wouldnt test putin. hes a wolf.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2014, 01:47:28 PM »
We knew western powers were inciting revolution in Ukraine and arming terrorists (guess they're not separatists anymore). For 8 months or more this was known.

fixed

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2014, 03:00:50 PM »

ehum

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2014, 03:03:21 PM »
fixed

The whole thing started when president was bought out by Putin so Ukraine would not strike trade deals with EU. Did you see his palace? Putin instigated this whole thing.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2014, 03:48:31 PM »
Just on the news: Putin call Australian PM  :o WOW