Author Topic: 5 NYPD cops choke unarmed man to death  (Read 55145 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 5 NYPD cops choke unarmed man to death
« Reply #300 on: December 22, 2014, 05:39:37 PM »
He assaulted the store owner remember

the gentle giant can do no wrong,just a misunderstood lad

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #301 on: December 22, 2014, 05:41:35 PM »
yes but you see, this is where the injustice gets worse....the average black guy can't afford his own lawyer so he gets a public defender who then tries to convince him to take a plea and not pursue the case.....if he does decide to pursue the case he often has to sit in jail until trial because he can't make bail......here in NY the vast majority of prisoners in jail are in there because THEY CANT MAKE BAIL....not because they're guilty...so its easy to say to battle the cop later in court when you don't have to sit in jail for 6months to a year waiting for trial...at which point you will be found guilty anyway most likely..the police know this and the people arrested know this

here's an idea if you can't afford a good laywer don't do the crime

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #302 on: December 22, 2014, 05:42:30 PM »
yes but you see, this is where the injustice gets worse....the average black guy can't afford his own lawyer so he gets a public defender who then tries to convince him to take a plea and not pursue the case.....if he does decide to pursue the case he often has to sit in jail until trial because he can't make bail......here in NY the vast majority of prisoners in jail are in there because THEY CANT MAKE BAIL....not because they're guilty...so its easy to say to battle the cop later in court when you don't have to sit in jail for 6months to a year waiting for trial...at which point you will be found guilty anyway most likely..the police know this and the people arrested know this
sounds like the average black guy needs to get off his ass and start working at getting his shit together to get ahead in life.

Also stop breaking the law, to me that goes in the column of getting his shit together but I know you have a horrible understanding of the law so I figured id single that one out.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #303 on: December 22, 2014, 05:42:38 PM »
but not wreckless or excessive enough to make it illegal ;)

Then why is it prohibited?  ;)

It's been three pages. Feel free to answer any time.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: December 22, 2014, 05:42:42 PM »
here's an idea if you can't afford a good laywer don't do the crime

if it WAS a crime

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #305 on: December 22, 2014, 05:44:16 PM »
if it WAS a crime

well we know in  both of these cases they were not innocent

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: December 22, 2014, 05:50:45 PM »
Then why is it prohibited?  ;)

It's been three pages. Feel free to answer any time.
go back there brainiac I answered.

You also said it prohibition/legality doesnt matter, then why are you focusing so much on it?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #307 on: December 22, 2014, 05:53:24 PM »
go back there brainiac I answered.

You also said it prohibition/legality doesnt matter, then why are you focusing so much on it?
I told you, I went back. You never answered. You did post some gobbledegook about why you wouldn't answer.

I said that prohibition/legality isn't the standard for whether or not it's excessive. The fact that it IS prohibited means that it is wreckless and excessive! That's why you won't answer!

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #308 on: December 22, 2014, 05:55:06 PM »
well we know in  both of these cases they were not innocent

We don't know this to be the case with Eric Garner, and his answers were specifically about what people say Garner should have done.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: December 22, 2014, 05:56:24 PM »

Well, I'm trying to talk as a whole, especially given that probable cause doesn't require a lot.  I think that if an arrest is unjust, people should have a right to fight.  Most of the time though, the arrest will be held as valid given the low standard needed.

As for the systemic injustice, I agree, but that needs to come from changing the government.  Someone posted an article - I think here - about how as long as the court causes a delay, the clock stops.  So, there were people spending years in jail who had not even been given a trial and it didn't count against their right to a speedy trial cause the delay was on the part of the court.

That's injustice and it probably disproportionately affects minorities.

So, I can agree with what you're saying, I'm just concerned that the low standard for arrest would result in problems when confronting the cops in courts.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: December 22, 2014, 05:59:38 PM »
I told you, I went back. You never answered. You did post some gobbledegook about why you wouldn't answer.

I said that prohibition/legality isn't the standard for whether or not it's excessive. The fact that it IS prohibited means that it is wreckless and excessive! That's why you won't answer!
LOL if being prohibited isnt the standard for whether or not its excessive then how can it be a fact that it is excessive b/c its prohibited?

Are you fuking serious kid?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: December 22, 2014, 06:01:08 PM »
The fact that it IS prohibited means that it is wreckless and excessive!
I said that prohibition/legality isn't the standard for whether or not it's excessive.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #312 on: December 22, 2014, 06:12:03 PM »
We don't know this to be the case with Eric Garner, and his answers were specifically about what people say Garner should have done.

if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck       Garner had been arrested by the NYPD thirty times since 1980 on charges such as assault, resisting arrest, and grand larceny. An official said the arrests include multiple incidents in which he was arrested for allegedly selling unlicensed cigarettes.[38

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #313 on: December 22, 2014, 06:24:57 PM »
LOL if being prohibited isnt the standard for whether or not its excessive then how can it be a fact that it is excessive b/c its prohibited?

Are you fuking serious kid?

Seriously, retardo? It's not rocket science.

If you are a surgeon and your hospital bans the use of a certain type of medication in surgeries because it has a high risk of death for certain patient, yet you use that medication anyway, then your patient dies and the medication was a contributing factor... you were a wreckless surgeon.

Now, if you are a surgeon and one of your patients dies after you operate on them, yet you followed all of the rules of the hospital, you may still be at fault. Maybe you didn't read their chart carefully or weigh the appropriate risk factors. It's more of a gray area.

The way most people, cops or otherwise, fuck up at their job is in gray areas. When you downright violate the rules of your job and it results in death, you're not in a gray area. Whether or not the medication was banned by the hospital or by the fda doesn't make it less wreckless.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #314 on: December 22, 2014, 06:26:53 PM »
if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck       Garner had been arrested by the NYPD thirty times since 1980 on charges such as assault, resisting arrest, and grand larceny. An official said the arrests include multiple incidents in which he was arrested for allegedly selling unlicensed cigarettes.[38

The crux of the case is that Garner felt he was being targeted by the cops. With the sheer number of charges in the amount of time they were doled out, obviously most of that shit had to be penny ante and likely didn't serve any time for some of those arrests.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: December 22, 2014, 06:28:20 PM »
reread your post your dip shit

The fact that it IS prohibited means that it is wreckless and excessive!
I said that prohibition/legality isn't the standard for whether or not it's excessive.

you do realize you just contradicted yourself dont you?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #316 on: December 22, 2014, 06:36:16 PM »
The crux of the case is that Garner felt he was being targeted by the cops. With the sheer number of charges in the amount of time they were doled out, obviously most of that shit had to be penny ante and likely didn't serve any time for some of those arrests.

lol I like you to meet mr duck.      At the time of his death, Garner was out on bail after being charged with illegally selling cigarettes, driving without a license, marijuana possession and false impersonation.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #317 on: December 22, 2014, 06:44:20 PM »
reread your post your dip shit

you do realize you just contradicted yourself dont you?
That's not a contradiction.
Something can be wreckless without being explicitly prohibited or illegal.
But if it is illegal or prohibited then it is by definition wreckless.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #318 on: December 22, 2014, 06:45:03 PM »
lol I like you to meet mr duck.      At the time of his death, Garner was out on bail after being charged with illegally selling cigarettes, driving without a license, marijuana possession and false impersonation.

all look to be penny ante (with the possible exception of the last one - depending on the details) but fuck it, still more than enough justification to be choked to death on a street corner

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #319 on: December 22, 2014, 06:48:54 PM »
all look to be penny ante (with the possible exception of the last one - depending on the details) but fuck it, still more than enough justification to be choked to death on a street corner

again who's fault is that,do you think if he was at a job working this would have happened,or if he just had put his hands out and didn't resist

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #320 on: December 22, 2014, 06:51:40 PM »
again who's fault is that,do you think if he was a a job working this would have happened,or if he just had put his hands out and didn't resist

more than enough justification to be choked to death on a street corner

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #321 on: December 22, 2014, 06:54:12 PM »
it's this simple don't break the fucking law.why do people want to cover for these low lifes

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #322 on: December 22, 2014, 06:56:45 PM »
again who's fault is that,do you think if he was a a job working this would have happened,or if he just had put his hands out and didn't resist

I think the 5 or so cops that were there could have found a way to arrest him without choking him to death

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #323 on: December 22, 2014, 07:00:38 PM »
I think the 5 or so cops that were there could have found a way to arrest him without choking him to death

the first thing they weren't trying to kill him, just take him down.and all he had to do is put his hands out and he would still be here today breaking laws

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #324 on: December 22, 2014, 07:04:43 PM »
the first thing they weren't trying to kill him, just take him down.and all he had to do is put his hands out and he would still be here today breaking laws

I'm sure (at least I hope) they weren't trying to kill him but the medical examiner ruled his death a homicide so they definitely did kill him