Author Topic: 5 NYPD cops choke unarmed man to death  (Read 54734 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: 5 NYPD cops choke unarmed man to death
« Reply #325 on: December 22, 2014, 07:47:31 PM »
Cop failed to include this use of force in his report.  Does anyone here defend that omission?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #326 on: December 23, 2014, 01:18:09 PM »
Cop failed to include this use of force in his report.  Does anyone here defend that omission?

Here is a previous response;

"In the course of my career I've done very similar takedowns, similar as in wrapping my arm around the neck and pulling the subject to the ground. Where the head goes, the body follows is an old adage we were taught. I've even held my arm around the neck area in what might appear to be a choke hold but was in fact just me holding his head while my partner(s) handcuffed. No air or blood was being blocked off. Choke holds haven't been authorized since I started and I've never choked anyone out. From what I could see, the officers hold could have been construed as a true choke hold and in that case, the department could and should administratively discipline him if that is the case. Choke holds were banned due to the fear of causing serious brain damage if the blood is cut off too long. Typically that is holding it in place after the person passes out due to adrenaline of the person applying it. In this case, I saw that if it were a true choke hold, it was released prior to the person passing out. It would likely be a mitigating factor. If the officer says that he initially grabbed the guy around the neck to bring him down, which is very common, then realized he had him in a choke hold and released it as soon as he realized it, it could have an impact on the amount of discipline if any.  "

I've searched for a copy of the police report to read the report in context for myself before I conclude on the question because if we are saying the officer failed to mention he applied a choke hold is the criteria that he omitted the use of force then I couldn't agree with that if he used other wording that painted a picture of what happened.   If you have a link to a copy of the police report he wrote, I would like to read it.         

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #327 on: December 23, 2014, 07:01:17 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/22/internal-police-report-on_n_5609238.html

See no evil, hear no evil.

Cops heard Eric Garner cry that he couldn’t breathe, a recording captured officers violently taking him to the ground and even Mayor de Blasio said he believes the asthmatic father of six was put in a chokehold.

But an NYPD internal report prepared right after his death on Staten Island last Thursday plays down the incident, with supervising officers failing to note the chokehold and insisting Garner was not in “great distress.”

Read the whole story at New York Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/exclusive-internal-nypd-report-staten-island-dad-not-mention-chokehold-article-1.1875221

Supervising officers who were interviewed after Eric Garner's death failed to mention the chokehold and told investigators that 'the perpetrator's condition did not seem serious,' a preliminary report obtained by the Daily News shows. A recording captures officers violently taking down Garner on Thursday as he cries that he can't breathe.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #328 on: December 24, 2014, 07:55:00 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/22/internal-police-report-on_n_5609238.html

Cops heard Eric Garner cry that he couldn’t breathe, a recording captured officers violently taking him to the ground and even Mayor de Blasio said he believes the asthmatic father of six was put in a chokehold.

But an NYPD internal report prepared right after his death on Staten Island last Thursday plays down the incident, with supervising officers failing to note the chokehold and insisting Garner was not in “great distress.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/exclusive-internal-nypd-report-staten-island-dad-not-mention-chokehold-article-1.1875221

Supervising officers who were interviewed after Eric Garner's death failed to mention the chokehold and told investigators that 'the perpetrator's condition did not seem serious,' a preliminary report obtained by the Daily News shows. A recording captures officers violently taking down Garner on Thursday as he cries that he can't breathe.
thats supervising officers, not the officer involved....

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #329 on: December 24, 2014, 09:10:57 AM »

guy was quite a roll model for his children :o

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #330 on: December 24, 2014, 09:37:10 AM »

True, they keep pointing that out.  Kinda curious if the officer's involved even have to write a report or if it's just done by the supervisors.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #331 on: December 24, 2014, 10:21:46 AM »

so was the supervisor indicted/suspended for leaving out such a HUGE detail?
Or was the cop himself reprimanded/fired for failing to tell his supervisor about using that move?

You can't insert one layer of bureaucracy and suddenly it's see no evil, hear no evil lol. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #332 on: December 24, 2014, 10:35:35 AM »
so was the supervisor indicted/suspended for leaving out such a HUGE detail?
Or was the cop himself reprimanded/fired for failing to tell his supervisor about using that move?

You can't insert one layer of bureaucracy and suddenly it's see no evil, hear no evil lol. 

that hold has been used for years and wil keep being used,you take the head to the ground and the body will follow,works great.you don't want to be put in it don't resist

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #333 on: December 24, 2014, 10:43:30 AM »
But the cop left it out of the report. Huge deal

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #334 on: December 24, 2014, 10:46:10 AM »
did the cop leave it out?

proof please...you are a known liar

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #335 on: December 24, 2014, 10:47:01 AM »

no it's not a huge deal,how did the case turn out.only a big deal to the people who want to make it a big deal.if it wasn't that they find something esle

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #336 on: December 24, 2014, 12:25:43 PM »
did the cop leave it out?

proof please...you are a known liar

His supervisor left it out?   In that case, has the supervisor been suspended? 

Seriously, there is zero accountability with cops when they fudge reports

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #337 on: December 24, 2014, 01:00:36 PM »
His supervisor left it out?   In that case, has the supervisor been suspended? 

Seriously, there is zero accountability with cops when they fudge reports
what did the supervisor say 240?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #338 on: December 24, 2014, 01:06:33 PM »
it's only a big deal to the kooks,how did the case turn out :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #339 on: December 24, 2014, 01:07:34 PM »
what did the supervisor say 240?

WTF are you talking about?   Give us the answer if you're prepared to ask it.  

This is blue wall bullshit.  Some people would be sodomized by police and thanking their stars the men in blue were sweet enough to spit on it first.  unreal.  

1) respect law abiding cops 100%
2) fire that shady cops that fudge paperwork to cover their asses.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #340 on: December 24, 2014, 01:09:00 PM »
WTF are you talking about?   Give us the answer if you're prepared to ask it.   

This is blue wall bullshit.  Some people would be sodomized by police and thanking their stars the men in blue were sweet enough to spit on it first.  unreal. 

lol you said the supervisor left it out you numb nut fuck, so what did he say?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #341 on: December 24, 2014, 01:10:11 PM »
WTF are you talking about?   Give us the answer if you're prepared to ask it.  

This is blue wall bullshit.  Some people would be sodomized by police and thanking their stars the men in blue were sweet enough to spit on it first.  unreal.  

the problem is you don.t have your facts half the time. you just repeat shit you see on the nutjob sites

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #342 on: December 24, 2014, 01:39:41 PM »
why wasn't the fact this man was choked in the initial report?

I see a whole lotta excuses why this info didn't come out.  WTF

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #343 on: December 24, 2014, 02:04:37 PM »
why wasn't the fact this man was choked in the initial report?

I see a whole lotta excuses why this info didn't come out.  WTF
what did the initial report say 240?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #344 on: December 24, 2014, 03:04:40 PM »
what did the initial report say 240?

Sgt. Dhanan Saminath told interviewers that the 43-year-old cigarette peddler was in cuffs with cops “maintaining control of him” and that he “did not appear to be in great distress,” the preliminary report obtained by the Daily News shows.

No choke hold mentioned.   Sorry, it's inexcusable, and if you defend the kind of country where police can "leave out" details such as using a banned move, then I don't think I have anything to say to you.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #345 on: December 24, 2014, 04:00:02 PM »
Does anyone know why an accepted/approved move wasn't chosen, instead of this one?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: December 24, 2014, 04:50:52 PM »

Sgt. Dhanan Saminath told interviewers that the 43-year-old cigarette peddler was in cuffs with cops “maintaining control of him” and that he “did not appear to be in great distress,” the preliminary report obtained by the Daily News shows.

No choke hold mentioned.   Sorry, it's inexcusable, and if you defend the kind of country where police can "leave out" details such as using a banned move, then I don't think I have anything to say to you.
yes but it doesnt show the actual report....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #347 on: December 24, 2014, 05:06:37 PM »
yes but it doesnt show the actual report....

as we see with ferguson, they hold the report for quite a while when they want to.

however, I *highly* doubt the NYPD would go ahead and release this report of their internal investigation and make themselves look like shit, if they didn't realize it's going to come out eventually.

Are you insinuating the NYPD would "make up" some story about the cops not reporting the choke hold move?   Just to shit on the officers?  And the officer would stay quiet about it and go along?  And they'd have all sorts of riots intentinoally?

Dude, that's quite a conspiracy theory.  If the NYPD internal investigation showed cops didn't report the move - which is what happened - I believe it. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: December 24, 2014, 05:55:32 PM »
as we see with ferguson, they hold the report for quite a while when they want to.

however, I *highly* doubt the NYPD would go ahead and release this report of their internal investigation and make themselves look like shit, if they didn't realize it's going to come out eventually.

Are you insinuating the NYPD would "make up" some story about the cops not reporting the choke hold move?   Just to shit on the officers?  And the officer would stay quiet about it and go along?  And they'd have all sorts of riots intentinoally?

Dude, that's quite a conspiracy theory.  If the NYPD internal investigation showed cops didn't report the move - which is what happened - I believe it. 
as we see in ferguson the media stirs up idiots with no basis for their reports.

If they have it why havent the released it?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: December 24, 2014, 07:16:20 PM »
as we see in ferguson the media stirs up idiots with no basis for their reports.

If they have it why havent the released it?

the media DID talk about the chokehold being left out of the initial report.  I posted links from Huffpo and NY daily news, and it was on cnn and msnbc.

and just like ferguson, they hold off on the reports for months, because that's what they like to do.   People rioted over ferguson, they rioted/marched over the "i cant breathe" shoot.  They hold it, they always do.

NYPD already told us the choke wasn't in the report.  You can't argue it.