Author Topic: 5 NYPD cops choke unarmed man to death  (Read 54686 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
5 NYPD cops choke unarmed man to death
« on: July 19, 2014, 02:46:53 AM »
5 NYPD cops Choke unarmed man to death

Eric Garner said "It stops today", help us make these words during the last minutes of his life true,

sign this petition: http://bit.ly/ilbb-eric-garner ... ‪#‎itstopstoday‬ ‪#‎crookedcops‬ ‪#‎ericgarner‬ ‪#‎fatherchokedtodeathinpub lic‬

Eric Garner, 43, died Thursday after a sidewalk takedown by five (some in plain clothes) NYPD officers making an arrest outside a Tompkinsville beauty parlor. Garner, a 400 pound asthmatic, was slammed to the ground and the video shows his head being slammed against the sidewalk.

He screamed, “I can’t breathe!” SIX times………….. Within moments Garner, a married father of six children with two grandchildren, stopped struggling and appeared to be unconscious as police called paramedics to the scene.

The Staten Island district attorney is investigating death.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/staten-island-man-dies-puts-choke-hold-article-1.1871486#ixzz37rGUWOhL

THANK YOU to @Ramsey Orta for having the sense to videotape this entire encounter. You KNOW what they'd say if there was no video, "he choked himself"

w

24KT

• Getbig V
Re: 5 NYPD cops choke unarmed man to death
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 02:48:57 AM »
Two cops pulled off streets, Staten Island DA looking into death of dad of six after NYPD cop put him in illegal chokehold during sidewalk takedown

Officers Daniel Pantaleo and Justin Damico were both put on desk duty a day after the death of Eric Garner. Police Commissioner Bill Bratton and Mayor de Blasio, who has postponed his Italian vacation, promised a full investigation at a City Hall news conference.

BY ANNIE KARNI , ROCCO PARASCANDOLA , LARRY MCSHANE  NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Friday, July 18, 2014, 12:02 PM Updated: Saturday, July 19, 2014, 1:54 AM

A crisis over an unarmed man who died on a Staten Island street after a city cop grabbed him in a prohibited chokehold forced Mayor de Blasio to delay his Italian vacation Friday.

Officers Daniel Pantaleo, with eight years on the force, and Justin Damico, a four-year veteran cop, were both put on desk duty a day after the death of Eric Garner, Police Commissioner Bill Bratton said.

Garner’s arrest and desperate pleas that he couldn’t breathe were captured on an exclusive Daily News video that de Blasio admitted left him “with a heavy heart.”

“It was very troubling,” he said at a City Hall news conference. “I watched it the same way a family member would watch it, and it was very sad to watch.”

View Exclusive Video, pictures & Eye Witness accounts at:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/staten-island-da-man-death-nypd-chokehold-article-1.1871946
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 05:28:45 AM »
Typical - now taxpayers gonna eat it again and 6 kids fatherless.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 06:35:25 AM »
seriously...

Im not defending the cops b/c it defintely looks like it was excessive but just do what they fucking say and after its done take up the complaints.

to be fair to the story as well this man has been arrested 31 times for various crimes including selling untaxed cigerettes...I know jagson thats a racist comment to you.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 12:23:28 AM »
seriously...

Im not defending the cops b/c it defintely looks like it was excessive but just do what they fucking say and after its done take up the complaints.

to be fair to the story as well this man has been arrested 31 times for various crimes including selling untaxed cigerettes...I know jagson thats a racist comment to you.

That's easy for you to say, ...but unless you've been repeatedly targeted & harassed, compliance with the constant humiliation & harassment is easier said than done. Patience with bad behaviour is easier to come by the first time it's encountered. Without recourse, it becomes intolerable. It's time to stop blaming the victims. He took a stand against the harassment, but it appears the agents of tyranny thought the $6 demanded by the State for an instrument of death was more important than his life.

w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 07:08:37 AM »
That's easy for you to say, ...but unless you've been repeatedly targeted & harassed, compliance with the constant humiliation & harassment is easier said than done. Patience with bad behaviour is easier to come by the first time it's encountered. Without recourse, it becomes intolerable. It's time to stop blaming the victims. He took a stand against the harassment, but it appears the agents of tyranny thought the $6 demanded by the State for an instrument of death was more important than his life.

HE HAD BEEN ARRESTED 31 TIMES...Maybe he has been harrased...THAT HAPPENS WHEN YOURE CAUGHT BREAKING THE LAW 31 FUCKING TIMES!!!!

Your entire comment could be stated from the cops perspective too.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 05:26:47 PM »

The guy was dealing in untaxed cigarettes.

That affects the salaries of the cops, the prosecutors, the judges.

Doesn't surprise me they off'd him.  And I fully expect them to all cover for each other.

I think I'm getting just more and more cynical. 

It's unreal that we as a society accept that these charges are so horrible, so heinous, so terrible that the cops are allowed to murder somebody just to get them into custody.  Un-fucking-real.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 06:11:27 AM »

Doesn't surprise me they off'd him.  And I fully expect them to all cover for each other.

It's unreal that we as a society accept that these charges are so horrible, so heinous, so terrible that the cops are allowed to murder somebody just to get them into custody.  Un-fucking-real.

+1

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 06:14:52 AM »

Bingo.   6-7 cops all making 100k , pension, health care, etc all sent to harass this guy for what? 

Its about sending a signal to others - no one else.  BTW - remember that post I made a few months ago about un taxed cigs in NY?  The taxes in NYS are so fucking high that it drives the black market

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 09:42:16 AM »
HE HAD BEEN ARRESTED 31 TIMES...Maybe he has been harrased...THAT HAPPENS WHEN YOURE CAUGHT BREAKING THE LAW 31 FUCKING TIMES!!!!

Your entire comment could be stated from the cops perspective too.

I dont give a crap if he's been arrested 100 times.

They're trying this Jack Bauer '24' bullshit... I'll put this guy to sleep with a chokehold.... lol this isn't a spy show, it's police work.   Take him down and cuff him.  Taze if needed.  No need to mess with spinal or airway operations when there are seriously 6 of you taking dude down lol.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 09:52:18 AM »
thats what that Knigar deserved right. Dealing Cigs,,, you must die

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 09:53:57 AM »
thats what that Knigar deserved right. Dealing Cigs,,, you must die

Who said that?  I find this disgusting.  Did you see when that thug put his whole weight on the guys face?  Total bullshit 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2014, 09:56:46 AM »
If he was arrested 31 times....whatever he does...he must die.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2014, 09:57:37 AM »

::)

Who said that? 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2014, 04:00:17 PM »
I dont give a crap if he's been arrested 100 times.

They're trying this Jack Bauer '24' bullshit... I'll put this guy to sleep with a chokehold.... lol this isn't a spy show, it's police work.   Take him down and cuff him.  Taze if needed.  No need to mess with spinal or airway operations when there are seriously 6 of you taking dude down lol.

Where did say any different you ignorant fuck?

The information is relevant to the story especially in this thread seeing as jagson intentionally left it out, it doesn't justify their actions.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2014, 04:02:34 PM »
Yes malbert who said that?

The cops used excessive force does that mean this guys past and his actions of resisting and refusing to follow orders didn't play a role in this?

Let's all be intellectually honest here and admit the he played a role in his own death.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2014, 07:07:40 PM »
Yes malbert who said that?

The cops used excessive force does that mean this guys past and his actions of resisting and refusing to follow orders didn't play a role in this?

Let's all be intellectually honest here and admit the he played a role in his own death.

Meh...he didn't do himself any favors, but I don't think he contributed to his own death.  You're argument is really only valid if he continued to escalate his resistance to a point where killing him via a choke hold was the only option...and we don't really see that ever happening.

What we see is cops viciously beating the shit outta somebody cause they keep their arms close, or don't move an arm behind their back, or don't drop to their knees immediately, and then our lapdog society buying the officer's bullshit about being in fear of their life.

I don't think Mal was referring to any of us, but I would agree that minorities are disproportionately affected by the abuse.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2014, 07:26:07 PM »

Meh...he didn't do himself any favors, but I don't think he contributed to his own death.  You're argument is really only valid if he continued to escalate his resistance to a point where killing him via a choke hold was the only option...and we don't really see that ever happening.

What we see is cops viciously beating the shit outta somebody cause they keep their arms close, or don't move an arm behind their back, or don't drop to their knees immediately, and then our lapdog society buying the officer's bullshit about being in fear of their life.

I don't think Mal was referring to any of us, but I would agree that minorities are disproportionately affected by the abuse.

disagree, my argument is valid b/c without him resisting and without him refusing to go along with the police he too was responsible for the confrontation.

you cannot willfully get into the confrontation and then take no responsibility for the outcome of that confrontation.

Lol look if they were just talking and the guy got clobbered that would be one thing and I would be right there with you. This guy was given many orders and he refused to go along, he responded to negatively when they tried to take him into custody.

Look I am not defending the cops, they obviously over reacted and need to be dealt with but to say that this guy had no hand in the situation and by extension the outcome is dishonest.

Be polite, do what they ask and after that file a complaint. Dont sit there and get upset and refuse orders and then act suprised when they get physical with you.

Did you guys really expect them to just walk away after he got agitated?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2014, 08:40:01 PM »
you cannot willfully get into the confrontation and then take no responsibility for the outcome of that confrontation.

LOL

Somewhere, George Zimmerman is jerking off to a gun magazine and laughing at this.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 02:53:32 AM »
disagree, my argument is valid b/c without him resisting and without him refusing to go along with the police he too was responsible for the confrontation.

Lol look if they were just talking and the guy got clobbered that would be one thing and I would be right there with you. This guy was given many orders and he refused to go along, he responded to negatively when they tried to take him into custody.

Look I am not defending the cops, they obviously over reacted and need to be dealt with but to say that this guy had no hand in the situation and by extension the outcome is dishonest.

Be polite, do what they ask and after that file a complaint. Dont sit there and get upset and refuse orders and then act suprised when they get physical with you.

Did you guys really expect them to just walk away after he got agitated?

He told them not to touch him and tried to turn away.  That's it!  You're claiming that means he contributed to his own death.  It's absurd.

Strict obedience to authority is not what we as a society should ever be required to display.  He had every right to ask questions of them, and in most State's you have every right to resist an unlawful arrest.  BTW...you have no idea if he was even guilty in this matter, they could have harassing him for his previous record.

Giving that they were willing to murder him over some untaxed smokes, it wouldn't surprise me if the arrest was unlawful to begin with.  Like I said, his big crime was fucking with the salaries of cops, prosecutors, and judges.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 12:13:27 PM »
The blue code of silence...

Internal NYPD report on incident with Staten Island dad Eric Garner does not mention chokehold, states he was not 'in great distress'

Supervising officers who were interviewed after Eric Garner's death failed to mention the chokehold and told investigators that 'the perpetrator's condition did not seem serious,' a preliminary report obtained by the Daily News shows. A recording captures officers violently taking down Garner on Thursday as he cries that he can't breathe.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/exclusive-internal-nypd-report-staten-island-dad-mention-chokehold-article-1.1875221

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2014, 12:17:35 PM »
The blue code of silence...

Internal NYPD report on incident with Staten Island dad Eric Garner does not mention chokehold, states he was not 'in great distress'

Supervising officers who were interviewed after Eric Garner's death failed to mention the chokehold and told investigators that 'the perpetrator's condition did not seem serious,' a preliminary report obtained by the Daily News shows. A recording captures officers violently taking down Garner on Thursday as he cries that he can't breathe.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/exclusive-internal-nypd-report-staten-island-dad-mention-chokehold-article-1.1875221

Taxpayers gonna get killed on this one

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2014, 12:21:17 PM »
Taxpayers gonna get killed on this one

There finally has to be personal accountability and the pigs go to jail and pay out of their pockets, this "deny everything and send the bill to the taxpayers" logic has to stop.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2014, 01:25:07 PM »
The youtube title says:  "Multiple NYPD cops choke a peaceful man (Eric Garner) to death."

That was hardly a "peaceful man."  He was irate.  He resisted arrest.  If he would have let them handcuff him without fighting he'd still be alive.  I wouldn't expect one or even two cops to try and take that guy down.  He was way too big and too animated. 

That said, if a choke hold is not a proper use of force then the officer needs to be disciplined.  Other than that, I didn't see a whole lot wrong with what the cops did, but it is only a two minute clip and I don't know the context. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2014, 04:10:55 PM »
LOL

Somewhere, George Zimmerman is jerking off to a gun magazine and laughing at this.
how did I know this mental midget would show up here with a zimmerman comment?

Nobody excused zimmermans actions