Author Topic: 5 NYPD cops choke unarmed man to death  (Read 54669 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Re: 5 NYPD cops choke unarmed man to death
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2014, 03:04:58 PM »
Wait first you say it's possible that he would have been put in a choke hold even if he was compliant....now you're saying that when dealing with cops you should believe they are going to act within the law? If you think the cops might have choked him out even if he cooperated then that needs to play into your expectations on how they will respond if you act up!!!

Retardo, that wasn't even a difficult post to understand. I said that there is an EXPECTATION that cops should behave within the law. Just as there is an expectation that bus drivers be able to drive well and not show up for work drunk or that housepainters are skilled at their job and careful when you hire them. However, there are practitioners in each of these professions that often don't live up to their expectations.  Believing there is a possibility a housepainter won't do a good job is not the same as expecting him to get as much paint as possible on your floors and failing to create crisp cut ins.

If they had used legal means like a taser and this guy died would he be partially to blame?

YES! That is the crux of the issue, dum-dum.Tragedies and mistakes happen. That's inevitable. But when a mistake of this magnitude happens because someone willfully behaves in an illegal manner- such as using a prohibited hold during an arrest- then the blame is on them. The move was prohibited for a reason.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2014, 03:25:49 PM »
You laughed?  Good.  You must be off the rag? 

Misogynistic post reported.  lol

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2014, 03:35:17 PM »
Retardo, that wasn't even a difficult post to understand. I said that there is an EXPECTATION that cops should behave within the law. Just as there is an expectation that bus drivers be able to drive well and not show up for work drunk or that housepainters are skilled at their job and careful when you hire them. However, there are practitioners in each of these professions that often don't live up to their expectations.  Believing there is a possibility a housepainter won't do a good job is not the same as expecting him to get as much paint as possible on your floors and failing to create crisp cut ins.

YES! That is the crux of the issue, dum-dum.Tragedies and mistakes happen. That's inevitable. But when a mistake of this magnitude happens because someone willfully behaves in an illegal manner- such as using a prohibited hold during an arrest- then the blame is on them. The move was prohibited for a reason.
If you think that cops might abuse their authority even if you comply then ONLY A FUCKING IDIOT would think its reasonable to assume that if you dont comply they will act within the law...

what part of that do you not underfuckingstand moron?

So basically you feel this guy thought he could act up and resist arrest and only get physically reprimanded to a certain point which he felt was acceptable.

::) like I said earlier, youre a fucking idiot and so was he if thats we he believed

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2014, 03:59:16 PM »
If you think that cops might abuse their authority even if you comply then ONLY A FUCKING IDIOT would think its reasonable to assume that if you dont comply they will act within the law...

what part of that do you not underfuckingstand moron?

Retardo, this doesn't even make sense! There are cops who abuse their authority and there are cops that act lawfully. That isn't even debatable.
Just because there is a possibility of one cop or one group of cops behaving inappropriately does not mean that all cops will. And it certainly doesn't mean that they should be expected to! What point did you even think you were making?

So basically you feel this guy thought he could act up and resist arrest and only get physically reprimanded to a certain point which he felt was acceptable.

::) like I said earlier, youre a fucking idiot and so was he if thats we he believed

Again, idiocy. Do you think this is the only difficult arrest that has ever taken place in New York? Do you think that anytime someone is arrested and they are not completely agreeable, that they wind up dead?

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2014, 04:25:47 PM »
You have a much greater chance of becoming dead if you tell a cop to fuck himself than you do if you say "yes sir"

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2014, 07:38:23 PM »
Retardo, this doesn't even make sense! There are cops who abuse their authority and there are cops that act lawfully. That isn't even debatable.
Just because there is a possibility of one cop or one group of cops behaving inappropriately does not mean that all cops will. And it certainly doesn't mean that they should be expected to! What point did you even think you were making?

If you think that a cop may be abusive even if you comply, then what do you think a cop would do if you resist arrest.

only a grade A FUCKING MORON, would say that its possible I could get put in a chokehold even if I comply 100% but I should believe they will not if I resist arrest.

::)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2014, 07:48:35 PM »
If you think that a cop may be abusive even if you comply, then what do you think a cop would do if you resist arrest.

only a grade A FUCKING MORON, would say that its possible I could get put in a chokehold even if I comply 100% but I should believe they will not if I resist arrest.

::)

So, what you're saying is that you don't believe there has ever been a case where police have abused a cooperative suspect?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2014, 07:55:08 PM »
So, what you're saying is that you don't believe there has ever been a case where police have abused a cooperative suspect?
ABSOLUTELY THEY HAVE WHICH IS WHY ITS ASSININE TO THINK THAT IF YOU ACT UP THEY WONT BE ABUSIVE!!!!

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2014, 07:56:39 PM »
ABSOLUTELY THEY HAVE WHICH IS WHY ITS ASSININE TO THINK THAT IF YOU ACT UP THEY WONT BE ABUSIVE!!!!

So, then you're saying  that there aren't any cops that follow the law? They're ALL dirty ?   ???

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2014, 08:09:16 PM »
So, then you're saying  that there aren't any cops that follow the law? They're ALL dirty ?   ???
of course there albert, to paraphrase flipper you have a much greater chance of being put in a choke hold if you resist arrest than if you do if you say yes sir.

You have already admitted that its possible that a person could be abused by the police even if they comply 100%. You seem to believe that b/c the police are there to uphold the law you should assume they wont abuse you. If you agree that even if you comply you can be abused, what in that delusional mind of yours thinks that if you resist arrest you should expect their reactions to be law abiding?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2014, 08:13:49 PM »
what in that delusional mind of yours thinks that if you resist arrest you should expect their reactions to be law abiding?

You don't think officers should abide by the law?  ???

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2014, 08:18:14 PM »

Then why did you say this?

Skip he resisted being taken into custody, if had been peaceful and cooperative do you think they would have put him in a chokehold?

if not, then yes his actions played a role in the escalation of the situation. There is no way to dispute that...

If you admit that they are so abusive that he likely would have been choked out either way, then his actions didn't play a role in his death, did they?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2014, 08:24:04 PM »
Then why did you say this?

If you admit that they are so abusive that he likely would have been choked out either way, then his actions didn't play a role in his death, did they?
I didnt say its likely he would have either way you fucking retard.

You have a much greater chance of becoming dead if you tell a cop to fuck himself than you do if you say "yes sir"
Understand the above statement

Like I said earlier, youre a fucking idiot

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2014, 08:31:47 PM »
I didnt say its likely he would have either way you fucking retard.
Understand the above statement

Like I said earlier, youre a fucking idiot

I know that, dummy. I was taking something you didn't say and pretending I didn't understand what it meant  ::) Like you've been pretending not to understand the very simple concept of LEOs being authority figures and being expected to follow the law while performing their jobs. Acknowledging that an officer is capable of breaking the law is not the same as EXPECTING them to break the law. Just because I acknowledged that an officer used an illegal chokehold doesn't mean I EXPECT all officers to do so from now on. Or that I think he shouldn't be punished.  ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2014, 08:43:32 PM »
I know that, dummy. I was taking something you didn't say and pretending I didn't understand what it meant  ::) Like you've been pretending not to understand the very simple concept of LEOs being authority figures and being expected to follow the law while performing their jobs. Acknowledging that an officer is capable of breaking the law is not the same as EXPECTING them to break the law. Just because I acknowledged that an officer used an illegal chokehold doesn't mean I EXPECT all officers to do so from now on. Or that I think he shouldn't be punished.  ::)
who said that ALL officers would use a chokehold?

The idiocy in your argument is you agree that cops can and have abused people even when they comply 100% but a person who resists arrest should expect them to act within the law.

I understand why you might think that in theory b/c they are supposed to uphold the law BUT IN REALITY you know that expecting them to follow the law ESPECIALLY when you are being uncooperative is just plain fucking stupid

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2014, 08:51:30 PM »
who said that ALL officers would use a chokehold?

The idiocy in your argument is you agree that cops can and have abused people even when they comply 100% but a person who resists arrest should expect them to act within the law.

I understand why you might think that in theory b/c they are supposed to uphold the law BUT IN REALITY you know that expecting them to follow the law ESPECIALLY when you are being uncooperative isnt just plain fucking stupid

Wow, I guess I was giving you too much credit. You really are that stupid.

Expectation as in "obligation" or "legal requirement", not as in "I believe that this will be the case every time". 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2014, 08:54:06 PM »

Wow, I guess I was giving you too much credit. You really are that stupid.

Expectation as in "obligation" or "legal requirement", not as in "I believe that this will be the case every time". 
of course they have the legal requirement, CITIZENS HAVE THE LEGAL REQUIREMENT NOT TO RESIST ARREST!!!!!

for fucks sake you just keep getting more and more idiotic.

Look dude lets just agree to disagree I honestly cant take another day of your stupidity its fucking life draining

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2014, 09:10:37 PM »
of course they have the legal requirement, CITIZENS HAVE THE LEGAL REQUIREMENT NOT TO RESIST ARREST!!!!!

for fucks sake you just keep getting more and more idiotic.

Look dude lets just agree to disagree I honestly cant take another day of your stupidity its fucking life draining

Fine, dummy, I'll just have the last word here...
The point is that as LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS, when they break the law and it results in them causing someone's death, it's their fault. It's not a split. Their literal job is to ENFORCE THE LAW, so when they break while enforcing the law, anything that goes wrong is their fault.

Also, you are stupid. The stupidest. Your feeling of "life draining" is actually you being too stupid to comprehend a logical argument.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2014, 02:29:41 AM »

Which is not to say that the danger is the same everywhere.

Ladies and gentleman, I present Daniel Saulmon aka Tom Zebra:
(LOL at "You're mistaken, bacon" at about 1:35)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2014, 09:49:57 AM »
hahahahaha youre mistaken bacon....thats freaking awesome

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2014, 09:51:39 AM »

Where is O-FAG to say that the cops acted stupidly? 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2014, 10:08:17 AM »

Apparently Youtube took down this guy's channel pretty recently.  He used to have literally dozens of videos like this one.

I think he's going to host all his videos on his own website pretty soon, though.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #122 on: August 01, 2014, 02:57:19 PM »
Uh oh . . . .

HOMICIDE: Medical examiner says NYPD chokehold killed Staten Island dad Eric Garner
The 43-year-old dad died July 17 after cops on Staten Island attempted to arrest him for selling untaxed cigarettes. 'Thank God the truth is finally out,' the man's widow said Friday after the report was unveiled.
BY BARRY PADDOCK , CORKY SIEMASZKO 
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Friday, August 1, 2014,

Eric Garner’s death by chokehold was a homicide.

The Staten Island man who collapsed after being placed in the banned restraint by a police officer died from compression of the neck and chest, the New York City Medical Examiner ruled Friday.

The 43-year-old victim’s asthma, obesity and high blood pressure were also contributing factors in his death, the autopsy determined.

It was the latest development in a case that sparked national outrage after The Daily News obtained video showing Officer Daniel Pantaleo putting Garner in the chokehold.

Garner’s widow said she was relieved that the ME confirmed what had been suspected for weeks.

“Thank God the truth is finally out,” Esaw Garner told The Daily News. “Thank God for that.”

Garner was black. Pantaleo is white. And the incident has roiled relations between the police and minority residents on Staten Island.

Mayor de Blasio, who was elected on a promise to make the NYPD more responsive to minority communities, said he was “absolutely committed to ensuring that the proper reforms are enacted to ensure that this won't happen again.”

"We all have a responsibility to work together to heal the wounds from decades of mistrust and create a culture where the police department and the communities they protect respect each other,” he said in a statement.

The Rev. Al Sharpton, who a day earlier pointedly told the mayor his biracial son could be “a candidate for a chokehold,” held his fire at the ME’s announcement.

“We're reviewing it and we'll be announcing tomorrow what course of action we'll be taking after we meet tonight,” he told The News.

Eric Garner died July 17 after being placed in a chokehold. His death was ruled a homicide Friday.Eric Garner died July 17 after being placed in a chokehold. His death was ruled a homicide Friday.PreviousNextEric Garner died on July 17 after being placed in a chokehold. His death was ruled a homicide Friday.  Police officers used a choke on Eric Garner that resulted in his death.  Daniel Pantaleo, the cop involved in fatal encuonter with Eric Garner.

In a terse statement, the Staten Island District Attorney’s office said it had been in touch with the ME.

“We await the issuance of the official death certificate and the autopsy report,” it said. “The investigation into Mr. Garner's death continues."

Police Commissioner Bill Bratton said the NYPD would continue cooperating with Staten Island prosecutors, who are “the lead investigative entity in this case.”
Meanwhile, the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association expressed condolences — but said Garner was partly to blame for his demise.

“We believe, however, that if he had not resisted the lawful order of the police officers placing him under arrest, this tragedy would not have occurred,” the PBA said in a statement.

Pantaleo and another officer were pulled from their anti-crime unit and placed on desk duty after Garner’s death. He could not be reached for comment.
Garner met his end July 17 while being busted for allegedly selling untaxed cigarettes.

“I can’t breathe,” the 350-pound tobacco peddler said repeatedly as he was taken down by the cops.

The NYPD banned chokeholds in 1994 after a Bronx man named Anthony Baez was killed by an officer who placed him in one.

In the wake of Garner’s death, Bratton ordered that the NYPD’s 35,000 officers be retrained in the proper use of force when subduing a suspect.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/eric-garner-death-ruled-homicide-medical-examiner-article-1.1888808#ixzz39BCtW59g

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #123 on: August 01, 2014, 04:23:41 PM »
he used a banned move.  fire/prosecute.  it's that simple. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: August 01, 2014, 04:46:35 PM »
he used a banned move.  fire/prosecute.  it's that simple.  

I agree wholeheartedly. There needs to be some police officers put in handcuffs or at least fired over this one.

In that particular situation what is the right move in your opinion?

Just continue to wrestle him to the ground without the chokehold?

Is a simple tazing the more humane or professional way to go about it?

That was a BIG man so obviously it was going to be difficult to take him down.