Author Topic: Whats the better car for a bodybuilder-2008 Aston Martin DB9 or 2008 Vantage?  (Read 3993 times)

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
getbigger car buffs please opinionate!

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
depends on if you have kids (small kids) and you may need a back seat sometime.

personally, out of the two, I'd choose the DB9.
be ready to be fixing problems non-stop though.

I believe you'll still be in the $70-80k range, whereas you can get a 2012/2013 Maserati Granturismo Sport for $95-100k. the pre 2012 (or 2013? I forget when they did the refresh) GT's seating position wasn't great and they fixed that in the new one. (I was in an '07 I believe, as well as a 2013.. the 2013's was much better)
both very similar. vantage sounds a lil better.

the GT's exhaust is great as well, but a lil different from the Aston v8/v12.. personally, I like the Aston's sound, but the interior/dash just seems OLD... and that was in an '11 Aston DB9, I can't imagine the 08's dash/nav being any different.

you can always pick up an '06 Carrera 4S or an '01 911 Turbo for have of what you'd pay for the Aston, and spend 1/5 of what you would on maintenance over the next 5years.

whatever you get, make sure it's black..... with a red interior, or brown  ;)

and leave the big, ugly "DUBS" wheels for the Kanye-West fanboys,  

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
you can always pick up an '06 Carrera 4S or an '01 911 Turbo for have of what you'd pay for the Aston, and spend 1/5 of what you would on maintenance over the next 5years.

X2

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
guys
thanx for the advices

german reliability far better than the brits

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Question is irrelevant.

Getbiggers tend to own both cars.
X

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
Jeep Wrangler Freedom model  ;)

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
better car for a bodybuilder?

are you serious?

rofl...

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
guys
thanx for the advices

german reliability far better than the brits

to say the least. lol.

I raced Porsche's in SCCA from 97-2000 (Nat'l champion for 3 of those years.. toot toot! lol) and back then, I never liked the 911 as a street car (exhaust always reminded me of a Volkswagen), but in the recent years, they've grown on me, and if I had to choose an "exotic" as a 3rd car (after a big german sedan and an suv), the "wise" choice would be a 911. they're reliable and comfortable enough to be a daily driver, and still have an 'iconic' look and prestige, even though most think you paid 2x what you did for it.

if your home doesn't cost 1.5mil, and you don't already own an S550 and a 2013+ range rover, gl550 or ml550/ml63, and have an E550 or CLS550 for your wife, you probably shouldn't be buying a 6yr old Aston Martin... and would be better off with something else.

you can find Ferrari 612 Scag's for 90-100k which have beautiful interiors, a Ferrari v12, and a great transmission (not the piece of shit F1 that's in the 360)... plus it's a Ferrari... and a v12!! lol... and will be in the shop about 50% of the time the Aston will... or like I said above, look at a Granturismo Sport. it's still a Ferrari v8, but has a backseat that can fit an adult (non-bber adult).

if you want a sexy lookin car that's more reliable than an exotic Italian or british, there's always the 6 series Gran Sport. client of mine picked one up a couple months ago. appearance-wise, I like it better than his CLS550, and I like the "look" of the interior, but the feel of the MB's was nicer in terms of quality. the BMW seems more 'techno/futuristic' like a GT-R's (interior, I mean).. and it rides stiffer than the MB. but the Gran coupe's still run around 100k, while you can get a 2012 CLS550 for 70k. no idea about reliability, as he only had the CLS for about a year.  (same client is choosing between Lambo's replacement for the Gallardo and one of the smaller Rolls' Royce's within a couple months.... perc's of training wealthy clients. lol)

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
93 Nissan Micra

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
depends on if you have kids (small kids) and you may need a back seat sometime.

personally, out of the two, I'd choose the DB9.
be ready to be fixing problems non-stop though.

I believe you'll still be in the $70-80k range, whereas you can get a 2012/2013 Maserati Granturismo Sport for $95-100k. the pre 2012 (or 2013? I forget when they did the refresh) GT's seating position wasn't great and they fixed that in the new one. (I was in an '07 I believe, as well as a 2013.. the 2013's was much better)
both very similar. vantage sounds a lil better.

the GT's exhaust is great as well, but a lil different from the Aston v8/v12.. personally, I like the Aston's sound, but the interior/dash just seems OLD... and that was in an '11 Aston DB9, I can't imagine the 08's dash/nav being any different.

whatever you get, make sure it's black..... with a red interior, or brown  ;)

and leave the big, ugly "DUBS" wheels for the Kanye-West fanboys,  

Sheet, a 911 Turbo would be too fast for him to handle.  That car had one of the best 60-0 breaking of all time, just a machine.  I remember reading that Porsche claimed the (I can't remember the exact year) 88-90 911 was the perfect car they ever built from over a decade of refining and tweaking so Porsche went and revamped the car the next year.  Car makers don't make much on sales, they make their money on aftersales shit.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
Sheet, a 911 Turbo would be too fast for him to handle.  That car had one of the best 60-0 breaking of all time, just a machine.  I remember reading that Porsche claimed the (I can't remember the exact year) 88-90 911 was the perfect car they ever built from over a decade of refining and tweaking so Porsche went and revamped the car the next year.  Car makers don't make much on sales, they make their money on aftersales shit.

nah... that's one thing about 911's, they're EASY to drive and never uncontrollable. not like driving a vette, or a viper.. or even a supra.. and much less a Diablo.

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
what about 2008 SL 63 merc , around 20000 miles vs 2008 SL 65 merc 25000 miles, the SL 65 is about $10k pricier

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Lately, I've noticed more and more Tesla Model S's around our neighborhood. They're handsome cars. All electric. State of the art. Priced at about $70,000.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
what about 2008 SL 63 merc , around 20000 miles vs 2008 SL 65 merc 25000 miles, the SL 65 is about $10k pricier

I'd go with the 63 vs. the 65. i wouldn't want that v12. had clients with S600's, S65's, SL600's, SL65's, CL600's, ect... never heard one good thing about that V12, whether it was the AMG or not. the 6.3L V8 is another story.

actually, I'd probably just go with an SL550 and install a Renntech suspension module. (not that I'd ever go with a 2 seater MB, though. lol)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Vantage...although it may be too cramped.
And then there is the maintenance of both...

A good air cooled 911 of late 60s-early 70s vintage would be very cool.

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
are 70's 911's very expensive to maintain though?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
are 70's 911's very expensive to maintain though?

Yes they are. The insurance on them alone can break the budget. But oh, what a beautiful piece of machinery they are.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
Yes they are. The insurance on them alone can break the budget. But oh, what a beautiful piece of machinery they are.

what? no they aren't.

if you can work on a VW Bug, you can work on a 911.

an insurance ain't bad... insurance is based on what it would cost to repair the car.. and repairs ain't bad, as parts are easy to come by, for the most part.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
Neither vehicle would be suitable as living accomodation at the Santa Monica end of Venice Beach...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
what? no they aren't.

if you can work on a VW Bug, you can work on a 911.

an insurance ain't bad... insurance is based on what it would cost to repair the car.. and repairs ain't bad, as parts are easy to come by, for the most part.

Well a friend of mine bought her husband a vintage 60's 911. When they divorced she took the car back. It sat in the garage unused. Eventually she sold it. She said the insurance on it was killer, which was why she decided to get rid of it.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Well a friend of mine bought her husband a vintage 60's 911. When they divorced she took the car back. It sat in the garage unused. Eventually she sold it. She said the insurance on it was killer, which was why she decided to get rid of it.
I don't know about the insurance, but surely it could be insured under "vintage" insurance?
The prices for vintage air cooled 911 is rising, as more and more people are getting into them. They built like Legos, so you can mix and match different years and eras.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
getbigger car buffs please opinionate!
Nothing Aston Martin. Bbers don't drive shitty cars.  :D

Most bbers are supposedly vain assholes. So they need bmws
A

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
 :o
F