Author Topic: Press Release: New bodybuilding organization is a fact 02-01-06  (Read 18047 times)

efirkey

• Getbig IV
Re: Press Release: New bodybuilding organization is a fact 02-01-06
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2006, 05:31:03 PM »
Last time I checked most pros can only peek a couple of times a year.  If this organization with a prize fund of 30 thousand dollars tries to compete against the Olympia with it's prize money, what top 10 bb would not compete in the Olympia? and the Schwarzeneger Classic?

SiteJaws

• Getbig II
  • Website Design for BBing/Fitness, Trainers & Gyms
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2006, 06:02:38 PM »
Last time I checked most pros can only peek a couple of times a year.  If this organization with a prize fund of 30 thousand dollars tries to compete against the Olympia with it's prize money, what top 10 bb would not compete in the Olympia? and the Schwarzeneger Classic?

I can easily see those Tier 2 guys who don't usually qualify for the O doing shows like these.
Steak N Grits.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2006, 07:36:44 PM »
My point is this...
For wayne to put on a contest in 9 months time he needs the top bodybuilders in the world to commit to it NOW and prepare for it.

A lot of them will be in shape anyway.

They have to leave the IFBB right now so that he can use them to promote the event otherwise there is no event.

There are a lot more bodybuilders in the world than just the IFBB and a lot of up and coming amateurs.

To do that he has to offer them some serious money right now to get them to defect. eg. "Okay Jay/Ron/Gus/Gunter/Lee/Vic I really want you to compete in my show so here's $150K-$500K right now to show you how serious I am. If you win the show the prize money is another $250K winner takes all!"

Ronnie and Jay make a lot of money from winning shows the rest you mention do not. They make it from contracts

For the guys to leave the IFBB and get banned for life they need an upfront increase on their yearly earnings that is substantial and they'd be fools if they didn't demand it upfront in one lump sum (money talks, bullshit walks afterall...).

see above

How he gets the money to do this is his problem (sponsors, tv rights, russian mafia or whatever ;)...) Just the wording of the email is kinda sad really... 30K prize money minimum, $75 a night expenses... Big fvcking deal what an incentive that is! He needs his own magazine/website to pump this thing up as well. Putting on a show and hoping his friends from year's past turn up is not going to work. They need to be on airtight contracts right now on bigtime money...

The IFBB gives $50 a night for expenses, the IFBB does not offer any competitor "big time" money to be in their org.  There is a lot more to come.

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2006, 07:40:50 PM »

AGREED, why leave the IFBB if the going is not much better !!!!!

jwb

• Getbig V
Disgusted
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2006, 09:12:47 PM »
A lot of them will be in shape anyway?

They will be in shape for their IFBB events in the fall but how can you promote a pro contest with no commited competitors?

Other competitors and amatuers? Let me ask you this... who does the majority of guest posings in the united states each year? Ronnie and Jay get more work than everyone else combined because they are the best and people in indiana or wherever when they go to their one show a year want to see one of the top guys when they pay for their ticket.

How can you sell tickets or get sponsors or sell TV rights if you can't say 100% that Ronnie or Jay or Gus or Gunter is definitley going to be on your stage? You can't...

He can only do this if he gets the top guys right now because between now and the MR O the IFBB will lock these guys into contracts that will state they will be shot in the head if they even talk to wayne demilia.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2006, 10:21:42 PM »
According to my sources, no less than 10 "top pros" have already committed to the Pro Division:

1. Barry O'Shea - 3-time Mr. Ireland, 2005 Mr. United Kingdom
2. Moshe Goldstein - 2-time Mr. Israel, Bronze Medalist 2005 Maccabee Games
3. Oghudelu Mobalu - 6-time Mr. Somalia, 3-time Mr. Eastern Africa
4. Nabir Bin Laden - 4-time Mr. Saudi Arabia, Lifetime Member, Melvin Anthony Fan Club
5. Napoleon "Fro" Dynamite - Mr. Preston High 2004, 3-time Mr. Happy Hands
6. Glass Joe - World Ranked Punch-Out Contender
7. Johnny "Drama" Chase - Best Calves Spring Break 1993, Panama City Beach
8. Wallaby D'Arned - 10-time Mr. Outback, Runner-Up Mr. Bloom'n O'Nion
9. Joe Piscopo - 2-time Muscle&Fitness Cover Boy, Mr. Milk Carton Missing Person 1993-2006
10. Craig Titus - Mr. USA, Mr. Black&Decker, 2005-06 Murder Mr. E, Mr. CSI, Future Darwin Award Winner

Sounds like a SWEET line-up.

Special "Pedro" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2006, 10:50:27 PM »
I wish all professional bodybuilders the best in this endeavor. However... Wayne Demilla? Wayne Demillia? Let me guess; Kenny Castle is vice-president?

Demilla turned womens professional bodybuilding into an absolute disaster. He failed at every level. Total complete absolute failure.

Please tell me this is not the same person starting this new organization. Please.
a

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2006, 10:55:26 PM »
Well, I have to admit that I have no ammo to fight with here, because I have known for a long time here what is coming , but I can't say. We will just have to wait and see.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2006, 11:12:09 PM »
Disgusted said...
The IFBB gives $50 a night for expenses, the IFBB does not offer any competitor "big time" money to be in their org.  There is a lot more to come.

The IFBB didn't give competitors a dime to compete back in 1990 but the WBF was smart enough to realize they had to offer employment contracts to get anyone to defect. Even then they only got 3 top guys to go across (Strydom, Demey & Christian) and they ended up failing miserably.

It doesn't matter that the IFBB only offers prize money for people to compete. The rest of the ways that guys make money is wovened into being a IFBB pro.

Guest posings are done at NPC shows which is affiliated with the IFBB. An IFBB pro isn't allowed to guest pose at a NABBA show or anywhere else. That 10 grand that Jay or Ronnie make in a weekend (including those tax free $ for signing and selling their photos) is TOTALLY linked to being an IFBB pro. If they defect those guest posings and the money from it is totally gone.

Contracts with supplement companies... Guys get contracts because they build up a name by becoming an IFBB pro and being promoted by FLEX etc. The reason they become well known is because they do well in NPC/IFBB shows and are in the magazines and on the net. Without the contests they have no following and therefore are no use to a supplement company when it comes to promotion.

The IFBB doesn't give the athletes money directly (besides prize money)because they don't have to simple as that...

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2006, 11:37:36 PM »
Disgusted said...
The IFBB gives $50 a night for expenses, the IFBB does not offer any competitor "big time" money to be in their org.  There is a lot more to come.
The IFBB didn't give competitors a dime to compete back in 1990 but the WBF was smart enough to realize they had to offer employment contracts to get anyone to defect. Even then they only got 3 top guys to go across (Strydom, Demey & Christian) and they ended up failing miserably.
It doesn't matter that the IFBB only offers prize money for people to compete. The rest of the ways that guys make money is wovened into being a IFBB pro.
Guest posings are done at NPC shows which is affiliated with the IFBB. An IFBB pro isn't allowed to guest pose at a NABBA show or anywhere else. That 10 grand that Jay or Ronnie make in a weekend (including those tax free $ for signing and selling their photos) is TOTALLY linked to being an IFBB pro. If they defect those guest posings and the money from it is totally gone.
Contracts with supplement companies... Guys get contracts because they build up a name by becoming an IFBB pro and being promoted by FLEX etc. The reason they become well known is because they do well in NPC/IFBB shows and are in the magazines and on the net. Without the contests they have no following and therefore are no use to a supplement company when it comes to promotion.
The IFBB doesn't give the athletes money directly (besides prize money)because they don't have to simple as that...

Bro, the reason that McMahon gave those guy contracts was because his org was very superficial. All he had was the same 13 guys all year round and he tried to run it like a wrestling show.

Read this part
"In addition, in subsequent press releases, details will be provided on the new judging system, contest schedule, medical benefits, affiliated federations, websites, amateur qualifying events, drug testing, etc."

It's ALL in place. Wayne doesn't need to offer these guys "WBF like" contracts. He is on solid ground. Don't forget the Wayne was a big cog in the wheel and knows a thing or two about how to promote shows. Just look how the Olympia has gone down hill.

Another thing. Most of the top pros at the moment are getting close to retire. Who needs Jay or Ronnie? They coming to the end of their careers as are a lot of other guys, but there are a whole bunch of good amateurs out there that WILL want to turn pro in the new division when they see the benifits of it. The supplement companies will also go were the money is. Again, I know more than most so I can see how this will take off.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2006, 11:49:55 PM »
A federation needs a strong magazine presence.

That's incorrect. 

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2006, 11:52:09 PM »
That's incorrect. 
Explain to me how that is incorrect?

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2006, 11:54:27 PM »
Why does this so called press release not provide any details of who is involved in this new venture and only has a Yahoo e-mail account as a contact?
Why does the "releable source" Ron mentions not want to be identified?
Does anyone remember the last time somebody tried this? They were shunned by everybody in the industry, what has changed?

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2006, 12:07:27 AM »
Bro, the reason that McMahon gave those guy contracts was because his org was very superficial. All he had was the same 13 guys all year round and he tried to run it like a wrestling show.
Read this part
"In addition, in subsequent press releases, details will be provided on the new judging system, contest schedule, medical benefits, affiliated federations, websites, amateur qualifying events, drug testing, etc."
It's ALL in place. Wayne doesn't need to offer these guys "WBF like" contracts. He is on solid ground. Don't forget the Wayne was a big cog in the wheel and knows a thing or two about how to promote shows. Just look how the Olympia has gone down hill.
Another thing. Most of the top pros at the moment are getting close to retire. Who needs Jay or Ronnie? They coming to the end of their careers as are a lot of other guys, but there are a whole bunch of good amateurs out there that WILL want to turn pro in the new division when they see the benifits of it. The supplement companies will also go were the money is. Again, I know more than most so I can see how this will take off.
Who needs Ronnie or Jay?

For this to succeed they need ronnie and jay more than ANYBODY else...

If they think they can slowly build this thing up and gradually get more and more guys to come across becasue they get treated a bit better and get an extra $25 per night in food money they are delusional...

Now if the ARNOLD CLASSIC weekend totally defected that would change things a lot but I'll believe that when I see it...

lonewolf

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2006, 04:20:51 AM »
Jesus, doesn't  anyone want to see something else? The problem with bodybuilding
is the attitude with most responses is always negative and closed minded. Everybody
is always bitching about one thing or another. At least give this new organization
a chance. If it succeeds, great. If it doesn't at least it will have made things a little
more interesting for awhile. What a bunch of whining assholes.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2006, 04:26:27 AM »
Jesus, doesn't  anyone want to see something else? The problem with bodybuilding
is the attitude with most responses is always negative and closed minded. Everybody
is always bitching about one thing or another. At least give this new organization
a chance. If it succeeds, great. If it doesn't at least it will have made things a little
more interesting for awhile. What a bunch of whining assholes.

True atleast someone is trying to make a diiference.Lets give it a go before you strt tearing it down.You just might eat your words people.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2006, 04:32:16 AM »
True atleast someone is trying to make a diiference.Lets give it a go before you strt tearing it down.You just might eat your words people.

lee
it's so telling, the most insecure bellyache the loudest.
fortunately, in this forum, it can be done by proxy :-X

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2006, 08:17:49 AM »
Why does this so called press release not provide any details of who is involved in this new venture and only has a Yahoo e-mail account as a contact?
Why does the "releable source" Ron mentions not want to be identified?
Does anyone remember the last time somebody tried this? They were shunned by everybody in the industry, what has changed?
Ok, can somebody PLEASE bump the thread from a couple of months back where Kevin Horton (kmhphoto) swore up and down that this wasn't in the works.  Then somebody wanted to bet him a new camera OF HIS CHOICE and he turned down the bet.  (Actually I think Ron said he figured out who Insider Z was and then said it was not going to happen too - but I could be wrong on this one).
I find it completely interesting how Kevin is responding to this possible new division.  It's like he denies it's even possible, denies it's happening, and then denies a press release that Ron posts (ok, he's not denying per say, but you get his general stance on it).  Why is he so paranoid of this happening?  Does he think the pros are getting enough money already at contests that pay 5000 on down?  Embrace the possibilities...
Motherboy (the band).

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2006, 08:23:08 AM »
Ok, can somebody PLEASE bump the thread from a couple of months back where Kevin Horton (kmhphoto) swore up and down that this wasn't in the works.  Then somebody wanted to bet him a new camera OF HIS CHOICE and he turned down the bet.  (Actually I think Ron said he figured out who Insider Z was and then said it was not going to happen too - but I could be wrong on this one).
I find it completely interesting how Kevin is responding to this possible new division.  It's like he denies it's even possible, denies it's happening, and then denies a press release that Ron posts (ok, he's not denying per say, but you get his general stance on it).  Why is he so paranoid of this happening?  Does he think the pros are getting enough money already at contests that pay 5000 on down?  Embrace the possibilities...

Also in that thread, Lee posted a couple of times that he received calls about this (or had conversations about it or something like that).  Going back to that thread may shed more history on this.
Motherboy (the band).

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2006, 08:36:41 AM »
Jesus, doesn't  anyone want to see something else?

Those who don't want to see competition for the IFBB have that slave mentality that the federation thrives upon. 

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2006, 09:00:38 AM »
the entertainment thing sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.  what could they do that would be entertaining.  interview jay and ronnie more.  good idea.  whenever the promoters break from the norm of past shows, it sucks.

the challenge round?  or the challenge posedown.  great ideas.

props allowed?  they really looked like fags from the Village People (who ironically performed at the intermission between rounds at one of the Olympias a few years back).  with frank roberson as a cowboy and ronnie st. cloud as a fireman, and kenny jones as micheal jackson. 

also, this new federation of 25 shows a year of combined pro events.  that's a lot shows.  even if guys took time off from drugs, etc. now they wont be able too.  also, more shows = more diuretics = more health problems.

minimum 30k per show?  and who are these sponsors??

if anything, the ifbb should stick to the usual formula, 2 prejuding a break and then the 2 evening rounds.

if they want to do something entertaing, do something different, other than bbing during the intermission. some other sporting event ( a fight for 15 mintues) or even a comedian performs, but dont fucck with the show.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2006, 09:20:32 AM »
No need to bump the thread as I'll repeat here what I said when Insider Z first posted this - IT AIN"T GONNA HAPPEN!
How can I accept a wager from someone when they remain anonymous? How would I collect my winnings? It's easy to call a bet, it's another thing to back it up. I asked Insider Z to identify himself - he could have done that privately - and to define the bet a little more, with a timeline etc. I'm still waiting for a reply.
Where have I denied this "press release"? I questioned why this is the first press release in the history of publishing that has come from a "reliable source" rather than the people involved. Why do they want to hide there identity? Is it because their is no foundation to this?
You see paranoia, I see realism. Do you remember the last time the Pro Division reared it's head? It failed. Nobody supported it then. Anything changed? Was you there in Europe when a vote of confidence was called against the head of the Pro Division? I was. He lost.
There is more money to be made in bodybuilding now than at any other time.Of course I'd like to see them earning more. Do you? How many pro shows have you been to thereby supporting the promoter so he can continue running shows and paying the bodybuilders? Or are you one of those people who sit at the keyboard and gripe?
Embrace the facts.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2006, 09:21:28 AM »
"True atleast someone is trying to make a diiference.Lets give it a go before you strt tearing it down.You just might eat your words people."

I hope I am wrong and that this new federation makes BB a true money-making endeavor for all pros... I just don't think Wayne Demillia is the guy who's going to take bodybuilding to the Promise Land. He is a compete disaster.
a

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2006, 09:35:07 AM »
If Wayne Demilia is organizing the events, he's much more qualified than those running the IFBB shows (especially the Olympia).  A new organization could compete with the IFBB if they could return bodybuilding to the late '80s, early '90s look.  This would take enforcement of judging criteria and some form of drug testing.  The combination of a well run show and more classical physiques would attract fans (& sponsors).      

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2006, 11:42:39 PM »
I agree with kevin horton on this one...

I wish the sport the very best. I've loved this crazy game since I discovered it when I was 11 years old 3 decades ago. I've flown halfway around the world to attend pro shows and I didn't sit in the cheap seats trust me.

But...

this new organisation has gotta show me way more than what it has so far for it to be taken seriously.

To get the best bodybuilders to compete in even one non ifbb show that will see them banned and blacklisted from the ifbb machine and take away their earning ability will take serious dollars that I know wayne doesn't have and I seriously doubt anyone is gonna give him.

hopefully i'm proven wrong

wayne can put on a good show.... yes .... big deal

wayne can treat the guys better.... yes... big deal

all they care about is the $ people as they should