Author Topic: Press Release: New bodybuilding organization is a fact 02-01-06  (Read 18046 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Press Release: New bodybuilding organization is a fact 02-01-06
« on: January 31, 2006, 10:02:50 PM »
Well - received this today... it looks like what we have been hearing is going to be true - while it doesn't offer any details - this press release came from a valid source. More information coming soon...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Immediate Release - February 1, 2006

PRO DIVISION INC ANNOUNCES A SERIES OF COMPETITIONS FOR 2006

Pro Division Inc is proud to announce a series of Men’s Professional Bodybuilding competitions/events that will commence in the fall of 2006. This is action is due to the overwhelming requests from fans and athletes to provide an alternative to Professional Bodybuilders and their fans worldwide. The Pro Division Inc schedule of competitions/events will be released in late February.

Pro Division Inc is not a sport federation, but rather a corporation in the business of Bodybuilding entertainment. Our plan is to promote events by incorporating a high intensity of theatrical components, not only present the physique at it highest echelon but also to entertain the fans with veracity and excitement. 

Pro Division Inc is not in competition with any other organization or federation. It is only to provide another avenue for the Bodybuilding athlete to compete on a professional level with different criteria and standards.

With the requests and comments from athletes received on a daily basis for the past year and a half, Pro Division Inc has been listening to the concerns of the competitors and will provide the following provisions requested by the athletes.

In the series of competitions/events for 2006, Pro Division Inc will guarantee the following for athletes:

1.   For each competition/event, a minimum of eight athletes will receive full expenses.
2.   The expense money for athletes will be $75.US per night.
3.   Promoters will pay hotel costs for additional, if not all other competing athletes.
4.   The minimum prize money per show will be $30,000.US
5.   The prize money will be raised every two years.

The five year program of Pro Division Inc is to have by the 2010 season, a schedule of 25 professional competitions/events for men spanning the globe on every major continent. Pro Division Inc competitions/events are open to all pro athletes from any federation. For information on becoming a member of Pro Division Inc or being involved with any of our events, please contact us at prodivisioninc@yahoo.com

In addition, in subsequent press releases, details will be provided on the new judging system, contest schedule, medical benefits, affiliated federations, websites, amateur qualifying events, drug testing, etc.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: Press Release: New bodybuilding organization is a fact 02-01-06
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 10:13:47 PM »
Sounds good hope everything works out so I can start competing there and taking the money home :)
just push some weight!

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 10:17:02 PM »
i would bet that IFBB athletes wont be allowed to enter these contests.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 10:24:25 PM »
i would bet that IFBB athletes wont be allowed to enter these contests.
ya think......??!!?

But Wayne Demilia does know a thing or two about running bodybuilding shows and his plan sounds good, at least in theory.....

This should be interesting.  Goodness knows the Weiders need some competition to step up their game.  A monopoly is rarely if ever a good thing.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 10:26:06 PM »
whose running this new organization?

WWE taking another stab at it?   HAHAHA

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 09:27:00 AM »

Let the competition begin...

Slick Vic

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 11:52:25 AM »
Let's hope for the best.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 11:58:09 AM »
I guess some people were right.  ::) ;D

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 11:59:11 AM »
I can't wait to see what the "theatrical elements" will be.
$

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 12:31:12 PM »
I wish wayne the best but I have a bad feeling about this...

To get any decent pros to compete he needs to offer some serious serious prize money for this first show otherwise all we will get are king kamali's level competitors.

Money is the only thing that talks here.

Athletes want to be treated well yes, they want to be judged fairly yes, they want public exposure and acceptance yes but the bottom line is they need the dollars to make this worthwhile.

If he can get the show onto network television then he will attract loads of supplement company sponsors but the chances of this happening are remote because of the drug issue.

If he tests for steroids then there is no contest period.

If he doesn't then the networks won't touch it with a ten foot pole.

(I'm old enough to remember the days when they aired contests on network TV and even talked opening about the athletes steroid use not being a big deal...man the world was a more relaxed place in 1982!)

A federation needs a strong magazine presence. In todays world it needs a strong emagazine to be more precise. This won't happen.

Who is going to give up their IFBB pro card for this? Unless they are basically planning to retire anyway and there is a big payday for the winner they won't bother. If they defect they will be banned from the IFBB for a very long time unless they are ronnie, jay, gunter, dexter etc.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2006, 12:54:25 PM »
Tip of the iceberg. A lot more to come.

LifterChick

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2006, 01:01:25 PM »
It sure does have some similarities to the WBF from the press release.
It is really up to us to see if this fails or succeeds.  So many people complain about the IFBB and the Weiders, well here is the time to put up or shut up.  Neither “Federation” would survive without the fans.  I for one will attend every event in my area and fork over a few bucks to buy any magazines that support them.

Realistically the Olympia will still be the ultimate prize for a while…but things change.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2006, 01:04:21 PM »
It sure does have some similarities to the WBF from the press release.
It is really up to us to see if this fails or succeeds.  So many people complain about the IFBB and the Weiders, well here is the time to put up or shut up.  Neither “Federation” would survive without the fans.  I for one will attend every event in my area and fork over a few bucks to buy any magazines that support them.
Realistically the Olympia will still be the ultimate prize for a while…but things change.

Not even close to the WBF. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag , but Wayne has ALL bases covered.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2006, 03:03:07 PM »
"theatrical components"

Great....can't wait to see a dehydrated, depleted, bodybuilder half heartedly pretend he wants to fight some other half dead bodybuilder, when all he really wants is a cheescake and gatorade. 

It'll be great, kind of like Wrestling meets....who am I kidding, it's not a good idea.
Y

lonewolf

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2006, 03:31:38 PM »
hmmmmm, Let's see. A new organization that might bring a little excitement
to a sport being run by greedy egotistical short sighted boobs. Hey, this might
just work! I hope the Pros are smart enough to take advantage of this and not be
bullied into thinking  this might be not be good for them by the IFBB. Think
about it.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2006, 03:39:20 PM »
lets think about this for a minute.

sure the idea of having more shows sounds good. but what pro is gonna want to diet for 10 shows a year? i dont think youre gonna see the top pros doing this.

all this new federation will do is give the lower tier pros more shows to do and be competitive in.

but again this all depends on who is willing to leave the IFBB because you know people wont be able to compete in both

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2006, 04:49:15 PM »
Not even close to the WBF. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag , but Wayne has ALL bases covered.
Just like he had all the bases covered when Pecker sided with Ben Weider at the last minute last time and fvcked him hard up the ass?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2006, 10:48:39 PM »
Just like he had all the bases covered when Pecker sided with Ben Weider at the last minute last time and fvcked him hard up the ass?

and your point is?  ::)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2006, 10:55:39 PM »
I love it.  I am glad Wayne finally annouced it.  And don't worry about it he will have everything covered.  Payper View will also be introduced too and additonal revenue will be generated and a piece of it will go to the competitors.  SO, hopefully soon the IFBB will be just a past issue

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2006, 12:03:49 PM »
I don't know how it's going to turn out but I hope it's interesting.

Implement drug testing the way that the NFL does for a veil of cleanliness (although just last night on a talk radio show  I heard some clown ex-football player going on and on at length about how there are NO steroids in today's football due to the testing!...what a joke) and pick up the sponsors.

But then you just get a more hypocritical IFBB!....I wonder if they'll support a less freaky physique to attract more mainstream fans.  But isn't Wayne one of the mass monster supporters?

I don't know how he'll do it.  I wish him all the luck, because we need the change.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2006, 03:56:47 PM »
"In addition, in subsequent press releases, details will be provided on the new judging system, contest schedule, medical benefits, affiliated federations, websites, amateur qualifying events, drug testing, etc."

This I can't wait to hear.

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2006, 04:01:54 PM »
I love it.  I am glad Wayne finally annouced it.  And don't worry about it he will have everything covered.  Payper View will also be introduced too and additonal revenue will be generated and a piece of it will go to the competitors.  SO, hopefully soon the IFBB will be just a past issue
We can only hope. Competition is good.

Wayne D. always came across as a bit of an a-hole though, so I don't know if I want him doing too well.  ;D Just give the Weiders a run for their money and spice things up.

I just wonder where the competitors will come from without an established amateur pipeline.  :-\
Lee

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2006, 04:43:06 PM »
and your point is?  ::)
My point is this...

For wayne to put on a contest in 9 months time he needs the top bodybuilders in the world to commit to it NOW and prepare for it.

They have to leave the IFBB right now so that he can use them to promote the event otherwise there is no event.

To do that he has to offer them some serious money right now to get them to defect.

eg. "Okay Jay/Ron/Gus/Gunter/Lee/Vic I really want you to compete in my show so here's $150K-$500K right now to show you how serious I am. If you win the show the prize money is another $250K winner takes all!"

For the guys to leave the IFBB and get banned for life they need an upfront increase on their yearly earnings that is substantial and they'd be fools if they didn't demand it upfront in one lump sum (money talks, bullshit walks afterall...).

How he gets the money to do this is his problem (sponsors, tv rights, russian mafia or whatever ;)...)

Just the wording of the email is kinda sad really... 30K prize money minimum, $75 a night expenses... Big fvcking deal what an incentive that is!

He needs his own magazine/website to pump this thing up as well.

Putting on a show and hoping his friends from year's past turn up is not going to work. They need to be on airtight contracts right now on bigtime money...

SiteJaws

• Getbig II
  • Website Design for BBing/Fitness, Trainers & Gyms
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2006, 04:44:09 PM »
Wayne D needs 240 on board.
Steak N Grits.

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2006, 04:55:22 PM »
Oooooooo sounds exciting , like i have said before many many times on here, to break a monopoly you need compettion !!!

I love theatrics, my wife has them all the time !!!!