Author Topic: Press Release: New bodybuilding organization is a fact 02-01-06  (Read 18044 times)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: Press Release: New bodybuilding organization is a fact 02-01-06
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2006, 08:51:28 AM »
Ok, can somebody PLEASE bump the thread from a couple of months back where Kevin Horton (kmhphoto) swore up and down that this wasn't in the works.  Then somebody wanted to bet him a new camera OF HIS CHOICE and he turned down the bet.  (Actually I think Ron said he figured out who Insider Z was and then said it was not going to happen too - but I could be wrong on this one).
I find it completely interesting how Kevin is responding to this possible new division.  It's like he denies it's even possible, denies it's happening, and then denies a press release that Ron posts (ok, he's not denying per say, but you get his general stance on it).  Why is he so paranoid of this happening?  Does he think the pros are getting enough money already at contests that pay 5000 on down?  Embrace the possibilities...

Kevin is clueless. Nothing more need be said.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2006, 11:12:26 PM »

Well give me a clue by answering these questions.

1. What has changed that will enable this to succeed when it failed previously?
2. Why did the promoters and the people Wayne called upon to support him back then refuse?
3. Where and /Who are the promoters who are supporting him now?
4. Why does a press release have to be provided by a "reliable source"?
5. If Wayne is behind this, why doesn't he put his name to it?

I hope that at some point in the future someone does start a new federation because serious competition is good for any business.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2006, 11:17:08 PM »

2. Why did the promoters and the people Wayne called upon to support him back then refuse?

Personally I hope that someone does start a new credible organization in the future because competition is good for any business.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2006, 11:51:05 PM »
Personally I hope that someone does start a new credible organization in the future because competition is good for any business.

Since I don't value your opinion I guess I won't be answering any of your questions.  ::)

Cool Black Clyde

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2006, 01:53:58 AM »
This was much more pathetic than anyone even thought it would be.  The only way this would work would be to throw around major money in a big show right at the start to attact a few 2nd tier guys (forget about the very top guys).  This annonymous "press release" with a yahoo account and no real details except chump change and travel expenses is embarrassing for Wayne, though I don't think he's capable of being embarrassed anymore after Chicago and the crooked rackets he was running his final years in the IFBB.

Bring back the WBF!

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2006, 04:40:50 AM »
Since I don't value your opinion I guess I won't be answering any of your questions.  ::)

I get no satisfaction in winning a debate so quickly  ;D

artie

• Getbig II
  • Let's roll!
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2006, 08:10:27 AM »
Ron Harris in his blog writes: "I am actually pretty excited about this new Pro Division, for two reasons. Number one, I am fairly confident the shows will be more entertaining than the current crop of IFBB events like the Olympia. I hate to say it, but even I start getting bored at almost all these shows about halfway through. Number two, from what I understand, the Pro Division events will be strictly drug tested for steroids and other performance enhancers that can be detected. I always felt natural bodybuilding could sell as well or even better than non-tested bodybuilding, if only it was packaged right. My old boss Lou Zwick's Musclemania certainly was a huge step in the right direction. I don't think many people understand how large of an audience that show draws on cable TV around the world. Back when I was working there, it appeared on ESPN 2 in the USA, and on other networks in about twenty or thirty countries. Who knows what it's up to now. But Wayne DeMelia is a very, very good promoter. Nine times out of ten, if people have stories about a really memorable IFBB show over the past twenty years, it's either the Olympia or the Night of Champions (now the New York Pro), both of which Wayne put on. The man likes to run his shows efficiently, on time, and yet still be entertaining. I am really looking forward to seeing what he can do with this."

Ron, are you sure about the testing?

Also, a major event, like the Arnold Classic moving over to this "federation" would quickly change things (or the collapse of the IFBB).

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2006, 10:09:27 PM »
who said the Arnold would go t the new federation? or is this just "what if"?
Also, a major event, like the Arnold Classic moving over to this "federation" would quickly change things (or the collapse of the IFBB).

artie

• Getbig II
  • Let's roll!
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2006, 01:36:22 AM »
Yeah, it's more like a 'what if' (although there were some rumors a while ago). Just trying to figure out what they think is going to make this whole thing work, because so far no one has seen that one decisive thing that makes this viable. So far it's like, hey, promoters, give more money to the pros 'cos they deserve it!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2006, 03:13:08 PM »

I vote 'yes'.