Author Topic: Layne Norton sacrifices to win USAPL Raw Nationals (1725 natural total @93kg)  (Read 10925 times)

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
Start a Big Red thread. I'm intrigued.

I'd have to see his body first.

Fortress

• Getbig V
Congrats to Layne. That is quite a display of strength.

Hails

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Layine Norton is the most unimpressive all natural super strong drugged up bodybuilder right know

bigkid

• Getbig IV
Layne and I are the same age. I remember his bodybuilding.com era crap. I used to train with Big Red who used to write and trained with him as well; but that's a story for another day.

Dude has some of the worst genetics for size I have ever seen. Nice to see his hardwork over all these years pay off and to do something that he loves well....

Did you go to college with Jay?

Mawse

• Getbig IV

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
Did you go to college with Jay?

Indeed

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
"I broke my all time best squat PR with a 650 squat, tied my best meet PR on bench at 391, and hit a 683 deadlift for a 1725 total and finally got passed the 1700 lb barrier. I also won the 93kg weight class with over 70 lifters in it and qualified for IPF Raw Worlds."

There were over 70 lifters in his class?  That makes absolutely no sense, none . So this power meet had over 500 lifters total?  WTF.
a

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
"I broke my all time best squat PR with a 650 squat, tied my best meet PR on bench at 391, and hit a 683 deadlift for a 1725 total and finally got passed the 1700 lb barrier. I also won the 93kg weight class with over 70 lifters in it and qualified for IPF Raw Worlds."

There were over 70 lifters in his class?  That makes absolutely no sense, none . So this power meet had over 500 lifters total?  WTF.

Is that a lot?

How large are these meets usually?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
"Strong lifts, good dude" was not working I guess. "Good strong, dude lifts"?
Hahaha...
It's kinda like how everybody writes "Congrats". After about 5 of them, what is there to say?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Is that a lot?

How large are these meets usually?

I've competed in 50+ power meets and have never had more that 22-25 guys in my class. 70+ in one class would require the meet to last FIVE days.  

There are eleven (11) weight classes. If 70 was even close to average per class that is over 700 lifters. I have help run many meets. Putting 100 lifters through per day can be tough.
a

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome

Is that vince urbank? What did he get pinched for

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
I've competed in 50+ power meets and have never had more that 22-25 guys in my class. 70+ in one class would require the meet to last FIVE days.  

There are eleven (11) weight classes. If 70 was even close to a rage per class that is over 700 lifters. I have help run many meets. Putting 100 lifters through per day can be tough.

Maybe "Layne" is exaggerating to inflate the magnitude of his accomplishment.

Seems out of character

:D

HonestBob

• Getbig IV

I noticed that too.  It's only worth commenting on anything with his name in it because he 100% will read everything here.  Uber douche. 

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
I noticed that too.  It's only worth commenting on anything with his name in it because he 100% will read everything here.  Uber douche.  

OK. Currently in the IPL there are eight (8) weight classes. I have only competed in USPF, APF AND AAU contest. Still, 70+ lifters in one class seems totally unmanageable. Anyone that strong would only compete in meets requiring certain qualifying totals, ensuring only top quality lifters and manageable class sizes.  
a

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
Sacrificing the truth.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Is that vince urbank? What did he get pinched for

Bodybuilding.com writer Jason "Big Red" Cholewa, got arrested for dealing, then embarrassed them by wearing a BB.com t-shirt at his arraignment. Was persona non grata there for a while, then they allowed him back to plug his personal training business. He was good buddies with Layne -

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=237863&highlight=big+red .

Also kept his drugs and cash stuffed in tvs and vcrs, which I remember for some reason.

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
Damn. I squat just like him... And hate myself for it

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Layne`s always been a good guy to me online.........natty or not,strong cat!!

thebrink

• Getbig V
As natural as fucking your sister in the ass in front of your parents.

So then a 391 bench on gear? Pretty unremarkable for a juicer don't you think?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica

Ah yes, off of the "40 strokes to freedom" album.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.

He had a bad pec tear though, most lifters don't don't come back from them. He's only floating around at pre tear levels now, and it's been almost 8 years or so I think.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE

Tons of dudes on gear in the gym who can't get anywhere near a 400 bench...

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
A 391 competition bench press @a body weight of 205 pounds/93 kilos is very solid. Anyone who can BP double weight in competition has an excellent bench press.
a

thebrink

• Getbig V
Tons of dudes on gear in the gym who can't get anywhere near a 400 bench...

Im having trouble believing he's not using.

I'm also having trouble believing he's juicing to the gills and only hit 391 , as a competitive powerlifter mind you.

I want to believe.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Im having trouble believing he's not using.

I'm also having trouble believing he's juicing to the gills and only hit 391 , as a competitive powerlifter mind you.

I want to believe.

I don't think he's juiced to the gills but he's mixing something...The thing about the bench press is it's harder to manipulate than say the squat or even the dead lift. My guess is Norton put a lot of time into his squat because he could use assorted devices and "tricks" if you will, to move the weight. In the bench press, he was left on an island.