Author Topic: Tyson Fury vs Chisora/Ustinov  (Read 9361 times)

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
Tyson Fury vs Chisora/Ustinov
« on: July 26, 2014, 09:14:47 AM »
Tonight was supposed to be big time boxing in Britain but Chisora pulled out of fighting Fury on monday and now Fury has pulled out of fighting his replacement. What a total cluster fuck! Any one here have any thoughts on this turn of events?

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
Re: Tyson Fury vs Chisora/Ustinov
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 10:18:46 AM »
Yeh boxings finished, Da cage is where its at.

Simple Simon

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 10:27:39 AM »
Tyson Fury is a fucking waste of time.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 10:40:35 AM »
Fury is a clown

I wish hate had fought him

Would have cleaned him out
T

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 11:15:30 AM »
Fury is a clown

I wish hate had fought him

Would have cleaned him out

Agree on this! Haye would have knocked Fury out for sure and I reckon it would have been one of those knockouts where he is unconscious before he even hits the deck. Such a shame that fight got cancelled...twice!

Tyson Fury is a fucking waste of time.

He seems to be like marmite...you either love the guy or despise him. I think he is entertaining and can build a fight but can see why he would rub you up the wrong way. Do you have a favourite fighter mate? 

Yeh boxings finished, Da cage is where its at.

Haha Darren trust you to come out with that. This sort of bollocks surrounding boxing definitely doesn't help the sport but I think it will always have a place in people's hearts. I love cage fighting too but all that rolling round on the floor for five minutes at a time can get boring!

Simple Simon

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 12:20:44 PM »
Do you have a favourite fighter mate? 
I remember the 80s, boxing hasnt come anywhere near since.
I seldom watch boxing anymore.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 12:37:07 PM »
Fury is only famous because of:

A) His name
B) His mouth

His actual boxing ability is appalling. A feather fisted CW like Cunningham nearly put him to sleep and even McDermott out-boxed him a few years back. :D

AJ looks promising but the other British HW's are a bunch of overrated clowns.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 12:52:46 PM »
Fury is only famous because of:

A) His name
B) His mouth

His actual boxing ability is appalling. A feather fisted CW like Cunningham nearly put him to sleep and even McDermott out-boxed him a few years back. :D

AJ looks promising but the other British HW's are a bunch of overrated clowns.

Well Fury looks very ungainly and badly co-ordinated at times but then so do the Klitsckos. Not saying he is on their level but being 6 foot 9 with such a long reach must be a massive advantage. I think that is why he pulled out of fighting Ustinov....the russian was just as tall and weighed a few stone more. No size advantage for Fury.

As for the state of british heavyweights it is pretty dire.....Josua looks good so far but he hasn't been tested. I would like to see him fight David Price or Chisora or someone of that caliber.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 01:04:24 PM »
Well Fury looks very ungainly and badly co-ordinated at times but then so do the Klitsckos. Not saying he is on their level but being 6 foot 9 with such a long reach must be a massive advantage. I think that is why he pulled out of fighting Ustinov....the russian was just as tall and weighed a few stone more. No size advantage for Fury.

As for the state of british heavyweights it is pretty dire.....Josua looks good so far but he hasn't been tested. I would like to see him fight David Price or Chisora or someone of that caliber.

I don't really see any Fury-Klitschko comparison other than they are both big guys to be honest.
Wlad is pretty fluid, deceptively quick, punches like a freight train, is hard to hit and controls distance expertly. As Jim Watt said, "Wlad might be robotic but he isn't cumbersome".

Fury on the other hand is sloppy, has fairly average power and is easy to hit.

If they were to fight, it would be another one sided systematic beat down similar to most of Wlad's fights.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 01:18:10 PM »
I don't really see any Fury-Klitschko comparison other than they are both big guys to be honest.
Wlad is pretty fluid, deceptively quick, punches like a freight train, is hard to hit and controls distance expertly. As Jim Watt said, "Wlad might be robotic but he isn't cumbersome".

Fury on the other hand is sloppy, has fairly average power and is easy to hit.

If they were to fight, it would be another one sided systematic beat down similar to most of Wlad's fights.

Yeah I think you are right Ted. Do you see any challengers out there for Wlad?

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2014, 01:45:14 PM »
Yeah I think you are right Ted. Do you see any challengers out there for Wlad?

I don't think so with the current HW's around. The only way Wlad loses at the moment is if he suffers a steep decline - which I suppose is possible given his age.

Wilder has a good punchers chance with the power he has but I don't think he has the skill to get in range without getting caught himself.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2014, 01:55:55 PM »
I don't think so with the current HW's around. The only way Wlad loses at the moment is if he suffers a steep decline - which I suppose is possible given his age.

Wilder has a good punchers chance with the power he has but I don't think he has the skill to get in range without getting caught himself.

David Haye is making a comeback....I would like to see him fight Fury and Wilder. Both cracking fights that I think he wins.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2014, 03:04:26 AM »
Fury is so dumb I put him in the same league as Bob Sapp in fight skills.

The idiot punched himself in a fight.

I'm glad I enjoyed the Hollyfield Lennox Tyson era albeit I was a little young to fully appreciate it.
S

Simple Simon

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2014, 05:41:17 AM »
Fury is so dumb I put him in the same league as Bob Sapp in fight skills.

The idiot punched himself in a fight.

I'm glad I enjoyed the Hollyfield Lennox Tyson era albeit I was a little young to fully appreciate it.
It wasnt a patch on the middleweight battles of the 80s

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2014, 05:55:27 AM »
Joshua would dominate Fury, Haye would have retired him. Fury has gotten to this stage by fighting journeymen who were immensely undersized in comparison, and as stated earlier McDermott dominated him in their first encounter.

Just my opinion, but i have always said that David Price would destroy him within 2-3 rounds. His cardio is his achilles heel, but for a guy like Fury he is a nightmare. Just as big with almost unmatched punching power, Fury would wake up in a retirement caravan.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2014, 06:09:32 AM »
Joshua would dominate Fury, Haye would have retired him. Fury has gotten to this stage by fighting journeymen who were immensely undersized in comparison, and as stated earlier McDermott dominated him in their first encounter.

Just my opinion, but i have always said that David Price would destroy him within 2-3 rounds. His cardio is his achilles heel, but for a guy like Fury he is a nightmare. Just as big with almost unmatched punching power, Fury would wake up in a retirement caravan.

AJ is still unproven so I wouldn't back him to beat Fury at the moment even though he potentially could.

I think Fury would beat Price. Fury would intimidate Price in the build up and I think Price is mentally fragile and would be a nervous wreak come fight night. Not to mention Price has shocking stamina and a poor chin to match. I never really understood the hype around Price. It was laughable to see people creaming themselves over him after he beat faded domestic jokers like Audley & McDermott.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2014, 06:25:10 AM »
Price can't take a punch

Either or could get knocked out in that fight
T

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2014, 12:27:30 PM »
AJ has been battered sparring by James Stabler and also DillonWhyte. Hes just another Audley.

Simple Simon

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2014, 12:39:24 PM »

Real fighters.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2014, 01:06:30 PM »
AJ has been battered sparring by James Stabler and also DillonWhyte. Hes just another Audley.

Really? That doesn't sound too good then for his future goals.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2014, 02:47:00 AM »
I'm gonna buck the trend here,

Fury is a great fighter.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2014, 04:27:26 AM »

Fury is a great fighter.

Big heart, very big mouth but not sure about the rest, I think he ll be found wanting at the top level.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2014, 04:35:16 AM »

Fury should stick to selling lucky heather

yep
T

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2014, 05:16:38 AM »
yep

;D

Seriously though, I've watched all his fights and he has surprisingly good combos, fast hands and ok footwork for a bloke his size. Once Wlad has left the building, I can see Tyson beating Arreola/Stiverne/Pulev etc and grabbing a title belt for a few months lol

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2014, 05:49:48 AM »
;D

Seriously though, I've watched all his fights and he has surprisingly good combos, fast hands and ok footwork for a bloke his size. Once Wlad has left the building, I can see Tyson beating Arreola/Stiverne/Pulev etc and grabbing a title belt for a few months lol

glass jaw mate

they are keeping him out of the way of anyone that can bang

most of his opponents are jumped up cruiser weights
T