Author Topic: Hip surgery rehab dear diary  (Read 31896 times)

Mawse

• Getbig IV
Re: Mawse's month of misery (inspired by SS's 40 day cut)
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2014, 09:42:12 PM »
Slowing down, only 227 yesterday , last night was a big cheat of pizza and Chinese so I'll be staying away from scales for a few days

Adding in 30 mins of cardio ED since I only have two weeks to surgery and need to get in gear :-\

Not running tren until after surgery, will be on 200 test and 200 deca and 500 var instead

Front squatted 365 rock bottom with a pause today, not great but ok for in a diet and severely overtrained

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2014, 04:41:05 AM »
Slowing down, only 227 yesterday , last night was a big cheat of pizza and Chinese so I'll be staying away from scales for a few days

Adding in 30 mins of cardio ED since I only have two weeks to surgery and need to get in gear :-\

Not running tren until after surgery, will be on 200 test and 200 deca and 500 var instead

Front squatted 365 rock bottom with a pause today, not great but ok for in a diet and severely overtrained

Where do you get your var? Is that 500/week?

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2014, 09:48:03 AM »
Where do you get your var? Is that 500/week?

Lol yes, I'm not quite balling enough to do that every day

Var from china

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2014, 11:49:13 PM »
230 after the massive binge this weekend  :-X

Db rows 2 x 15 with 145s. Used my new Dbs in the garage.. Long way to go before this is a useable gym but now I have a bench, trap bar and DBS from 70 to 145  :-*

Down to the ghetto gym in the city to finish

Hammer high row 8 x 8

Rack deads 505 x 15

Some other misc shite

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2014, 11:52:16 PM »
Post a pic, "no one" will give you a boost.   ;D

He certainly fired me up.

I want to be inspired,not torn apart!!  

no one would be ashamed of me right now and rip me a new asshole.  :(

hahah thats the G&O 'no one'

this is the kind, caring, sympathetic 'no one'.

ok, enough of that bullshit. wes get your ass back in the gym.

seriously tho wes- fuck it. you know? fuck it. its your bodies brain and body telling you to take a break. so enjoy the pizza and the burgers and the coronas. cause we both know when it comes time to drop the hammer, the bullshit stops and you just become automatic. this is a well deserved break after centuries of training hard :D. enjoy it brother. dont let the guilt of not walking around at 6% spoil it. cause one moring you will wake up,you'll look in the mirror and you will say enough is enough. and it'l be back to work. so until then fucking enjoy it my man.

b

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2014, 11:55:43 PM »
mawse all the way massive dude. good work bro keep grinding.
b

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2014, 02:29:31 AM »
Re the one arm db presses....

I love these too, I do them alternate style tho, one rep right, then left etc.... Have you fellas been doing an entire set one side at a time?

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2014, 07:52:45 PM »
I do them on the floor usually , one arm at a time.

Last workout for a while tonight  :( going into surgery tomorrow so I'll be out the gym for a while

Did one arm floor press 100 x 18, flat db press 135 x 6 then incline 100 x 10, all paused and slow.

Then a bunch of super slow light weight for delts

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2014, 12:04:13 AM »
Strong bastard.... Hope you bounce back from your surgery quik

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2014, 08:31:09 PM »
 got down to 225 five weeks ago, then had my left hip scoped. The doc took out more bone than he's ever had in a single op which makes me feel like a special little soldier

While he was in there he took out a cyst on the femur head, cut back my tatty labrum and trimmed a bone spur the size of a fingernail off the outer head of my femur (again, a first for him)

I was told i'd need crutches for six weeks. Two days ago I hammer leg pressed 450 for a slow ten reps. I actually got chased off a hip surgery rehab support group on Facebook by angry middle aged women for posting videos of me front squatting 225 last week

Anyway tl;dr today I did db incline paused bench for ten reps with the 100s and a ton of one arm and hammer strength sets.

The only problem is I ate like shit for the last five weeks and am a fatty fat pizza head all over again.

Simple Simon

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2014, 02:50:48 AM »
got down to 225 five weeks ago, then had my left hip scoped. The doc took out more bone than he's ever had in a single op which makes me feel like a special little soldier

While he was in there he took out a cyst on the femur head, cut back my tatty labrum and trimmed a bone spur the size of a fingernail off the outer head of my femur (again, a first for him)

I was told i'd need crutches for six weeks. Two days ago I hammer leg pressed 450 for a slow ten reps. I actually got chased off a hip surgery rehab support group on Facebook by angry middle aged women for posting videos of me front squatting 225 last week

Anyway tl;dr today I did db incline paused bench for ten reps with the 100s and a ton of one arm and hammer strength sets.

The only problem is I ate like shit for the last five weeks and am a fatty fat pizza head all over again.

hope things are well mate, just get back on the diet, you will be back down again in 4 weeks

booty

• Getbig V
Re: Hip surgery rehab dear diary
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2014, 09:36:09 PM »
Wishing you a speedy full recovery! And what Jeff said in regards to a clean diet.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2014, 12:53:34 AM »
This morning I front squatted 295 x 3 , slow reps with a pause to the floor, then did 355 for a single with more in the tank.

Hip is good to go after just two months.

Only problem is I need to get the other hip scoped in two months and then I'll have to go through all this shite again  :-X

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2014, 04:30:49 AM »
What's the scarring like?

Any pain once healed? do you feel a little robotic?
S

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2014, 10:03:21 AM »
Big dude in that rowing vid. Good form...and strong.

Howd you mess up your hips?
A

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2014, 10:27:07 AM »
Howd you mess up your hips?

Twerking
S

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2014, 11:31:52 AM »

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2014, 01:23:06 PM »
I have two wee little red dots on my hip, modern day scopes are amazing compared to old school Frankenstein surgery

Some slight pain but nothing celebrex can't touch, pre surgery my torn labrum and bone spurs pretty much prevented me doing 90% of leg exercises.. I haven't conventional deadlifted since 2007 and now I can do it pain free (not that I want to, but still)

Wolf, it's a genetic condition called FAI which affects a surprisingly large amount of people. the hip bones are too big so they rub on each other, tear the labrum and eventually grind down the cartilage leading to hip replacement surgery. Luckily they can treat it early now by cutting off the excess bone.

Most people are still relearning how to walk two months after a scope so I think I'm doing pretty good  :-*

Now I need to stop being fat so I don't bring shame on the UK forum Epic Leans club :(