Author Topic: Is it just about being right/winning the argument?  (Read 2713 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Is it just about being right/winning the argument?
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2014, 12:46:15 PM »
Beach making some enemies lately - im impressed.   ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2014, 12:51:00 PM »
Beach making some enemies lately - im impressed.   ;D

lol  :D Man I don't take any of this stuff seriously. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2014, 12:33:46 AM »
What do I consider funny?  You.  Not your incredibly lame attempted humor.  Your pseudo-intellectual commentary, which is often mindless, drone, simplistic left-wing gibberish.  
LOL.  Of course you don't think anything I say is funny, BB.  I criticize you way too much for you to let your guard down long enough for real laughter.  You're actually kind of a wuss, BB.  Look how defensively you avoid saying what you think is funny because you fear being attacked for your taste in humor.

Seems to me that when folks criticize you unfairly, you don't care.  But when they call you out for your more obvious forays into intellectual dishonesty, hypocrisy, or flat-out illogical and inconsistent reasoning, that's when you get a little pissy and start name-calling.   

And me, pseudo-intellectual?  Seriously? LOL  I'm no sort of academic at all.  That you would think that indicates your own lack of academic achievement, I think.  (Either that or you've grown so used to talking with meatheads that you think there's something odd about someone who has a bigger vocabulary or better grasp of grammar than you.)

FWIW, I'm just a persnickety old logical bodybuilder who's served 4 years in the US army before going back to school, had a lot of foreign language training (in the army and in college) who now works as a "blackbox-style" QA tester for a 3rd party testing house where I mainly do performance testing and write up bugs (problems) I encounter with pre-released mobile wireless devices.

The reason I mention all of that is that I think that the way I write is reasonably appropriate for a guy with my background.  In other words, I don't write for a living and think it's obvious.  If you consider my writing to be even pseudo-intellectual, it means you're kinda dumb.

Now go get you shine-box, LOL.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2014, 10:20:02 AM »
LOL.  Of course you don't think anything I say is funny, BB.  I criticize you way too much for you to let your guard down long enough for real laughter.  You're actually kind of a wuss, BB.  Look how defensively you avoid saying what you think is funny because you fear being attacked for your taste in humor.

Seems to me that when folks criticize you unfairly, you don't care.  But when they call you out for your more obvious forays into intellectual dishonesty, hypocrisy, or flat-out illogical and inconsistent reasoning, that's when you get a little pissy and start name-calling.  

And me, pseudo-intellectual?  Seriously? LOL  I'm no sort of academic at all.  That you would think that indicates your own lack of academic achievement, I think.  (Either that or you've grown so used to talking with meatheads that you think there's something odd about someone who has a bigger vocabulary or better grasp of grammar than you.)

FWIW, I'm just a persnickety old logical bodybuilder who's served 4 years in the US army before going back to school, had a lot of foreign language training (in the army and in college) who now works as a "blackbox-style" QA tester for a 3rd party testing house where I mainly do performance testing and write up bugs (problems) I encounter with pre-released mobile wireless devices.

The reason I mention all of that is that I think that the way I write is reasonably appropriate for a guy with my background.  In other words, I don't write for a living and think it's obvious.  If you consider my writing to be even pseudo-intellectual, it means you're kinda dumb.

Now go get you shine-box, LOL.

Actually I find lots of things funny.  I am easily amused.  But I don't find you funny (except I do find your futile attempts to sound smart pretty amusing).  Sometimes you say something that is a little humorous.  But by and large, you're a dud.  I don't find you particularly bright.  You're a hack.  Your ability to understand and discuss complex matters is horrendous.  You try way too hard to sound intelligent.  You're not.

But that's ok.  We need you.  Have to maintain the board bell curve.   :)  

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2014, 12:28:33 PM »
Actually I find lots of things funny.  I am easily amused.  But I don't find you funny (except I do find your futile attempts to sound smart pretty amusing).  Sometimes you say something that is a little humorous.  But by and large, you're a dud.  I don't find you particularly bright.  You're a hack.  Your ability to understand and discuss complex matters is horrendous.  You try way too hard to sound intelligent.  You're not.

But that's ok.  We need you.  Have to maintain the board bell curve.   :)  

Sometimes I'm a "little humorous" and you don't find me "particularly bright"?  I'm gonna take those as grudging and deliberately understated compliments since my own voiced opinions of you have been so harsh that you can't exactly be my biggest fan.  So thanks, lol.

BTW, on serious note, you are about the last person who ought to complain about anyone's lack of ability to discuss complex matters.  Everything with you boils down to your gut reaction which you then try to rationalize.  That's not really so much different than what most people do but you go farther by often remaining intentionally ignorant because of your refusal to learn more facts about a subject especially when those facts would seem to threaten the validity of your viewpoints.  If that's not hacky, I don't know what is.

To me, you seem like an old guy with old-fashioned views about most things who, because he wants so much to achieve some sort of validation, will argue that his beliefs are rationale even if that argument is knowingly dishonest and requires him to be willfully ignorant of relevant facts.  

So, actually, I change my mind:  Being a hack would be a step up for you.

True conservatism is ill-served by your kind.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2014, 12:40:13 PM »
Sometimes I'm a "little humorous" and you don't find me "particularly bright"?  I'm gonna take those as grudging and deliberately understated compliments since my own voiced opinions of you have been so harsh that you can't exactly be my biggest fan.  So thanks, lol.

BTW, on serious note, you are about the last person who ought to complain about anyone's lack of ability to discuss complex matters.  Everything with you boils down to your gut reaction which you then try to rationalize.  That's not really so much different than what most people do but you go farther by often remaining intentionally ignorant because of your refusal to learn more facts about a subject especially when those facts would seem to threaten the validity of your viewpoints.  If that's not hacky, I don't know what is.

To me, you seem like an old guy with old-fashioned views about most things who, because he wants so much to achieve some sort of validation, will argue that his beliefs are rationale even if that argument is knowingly dishonest and requires him to be willfully ignorant of relevant facts.  

So, actually, I change my mind:  Being a hack would be a step up for you.

True conservatism is ill-served by your kind.

You're starting to bore me.  Can you try and say something smart so I can get my Friday morning laugh in?  Thanks.   :)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2014, 12:46:44 PM »
You're starting to bore me.  Can you try and say something smart so I can get my Friday morning laugh in?  Thanks.   :)

Yeah, when ya keep hearing the same sort of criticism from people over and over, I'm sure it does get old.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2014, 12:53:07 PM »
Yeah, when ya keep hearing the same sort of criticism from people over and over, I'm sure it does get old.

Simpleton Simon, a very wise man once told me that your critics define you.  So, you have to consider the source.  When really intelligent people are all saying the same thing, you have to step back and reassess.  When a handful of weirdos say the same thing, that's probably a good thing.  (You would be the weirdo in this scenario.) 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2014, 01:07:11 PM »
Simpleton Simon, a very wise man once told me that your critics define you.  So, you have to consider the source.  When really intelligent people are all saying the same thing, you have to step back and reassess.  When a handful of weirdos say the same thing, that's probably a good thing.  (You would be the weirdo in this scenario.) 

Yeah, your definition of weirdo seems to be anyone who has different beliefs than you.  Function of your solipsistic nature, I expect.    (Sorry for the big word, chief.)

And I'm "The" weirdo?  According to what you wrote I'm one of a "handful of weirdos", aren't I?

Also, did this very wise man only say "your critics define you" or did he add all that other stuff about intelligent people and weirdos?  Because, "your critics define you" is ludicrously weakened (almost dodged, really) by saying, "Oh, but that only applies to the critics I approve of".  If you don't immediately see what I mean then you are just dumb.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2014, 01:19:08 PM »
Yeah, your definition of weirdo seems to be anyone who has different beliefs than you.  Function of your solipsistic nature, I expect.    (Sorry for the big word, chief.)

And I'm "The" weirdo?  According to what you wrote I'm one of a "handful of weirdos", aren't I?

Also, did this very wise man only say "your critics define you" or did he add all that other stuff about intelligent people and weirdos?  Because, "your critics define you" is ludicrously weakened (almost dodged, really) by saying, "Oh, but that only applies to the critics I approve of".  If you don't immediately see what I mean then you are just dumb.

Bwahahaha!  Thank you.  Now that's what I'm talking about.  I love it when you try and sound smart.   ;D   lol . . . .

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2014, 01:26:38 PM »
Bwahahaha!  Thank you.  Now that's what I'm talking about.  I love it when you try and sound smart.   ;D   lol . . . .

D-d-d-d-dodge. 

C'mon Bum, did the "very wise man" say that you need to make distinctions among your group of critics or not?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2014, 01:28:29 PM »

D-d-d-d-dodge. 

C'mon Bum, did the "very wise man" say that you need to make distinctions among your group of critics or not?

Oh so now you want to have an exchange like an adult?   Clown.  ::)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2014, 01:34:42 PM »
Oh so now you want to have an exchange like an adult?   Clown.  ::)

Double-dodge.

Why are you not answering here?  A simple "yes" or "no" will do.

Did the very wise man who told you "Your critics define you" add that you need to make distinctions among your group of critics? 

(If you do answer, which I judge to be unlikely, I'm guessing you'll lie and say "yes".)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2014, 02:14:05 PM »
Double-dodge.

Why are you not answering here?  A simple "yes" or "no" will do.

Did the very wise man who told you "Your critics define you" add that you need to make distinctions among your group of critics? 

(If you do answer, which I judge to be unlikely, I'm guessing you'll lie and say "yes".)

Here is my simple answer, Simpleton Simon:  kiss where the sun doesn't shine.  How is that?   :)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2014, 08:45:49 PM »
Here is my simple answer, Simpleton Simon:  kiss where the sun doesn't shine.  How is that?   :)

Oh, it's like BB calling out "uncle", I guess. ;D