Author Topic: MSNBC has lowest ratings in nearly a decade - LMFAO!!! Ha Ha Ha!!!  (Read 4739 times)

AD2100

• Getbig IV
Re: MSNBC has lowest ratings in nearly a decade - LMFAO!!! Ha Ha Ha!!!
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2014, 11:02:29 PM »
Can someone provide a few examples of NBC, CBS, and ABC showing a clear liberal bias during their evening news broadcasts?  ???

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2014, 05:21:04 AM »
Ok, now throw in ABC, NBC, and CBS.Throw in the spanish channels too  ::)

These are non-cable channels and these networks control most of the programming on tv, and all of them push left-leaning content.

The belief that FOX NEWS (a cable channel) has more reach and influence than the rest of the media combined is incredibly stupid and dishonest.

+1

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2014, 05:22:30 AM »
Can someone provide a few examples of NBC, CBS, and ABC showing a clear liberal bias during their evening news broadcasts?  ???

Dan rather "fake but accurate".  Cbs.

Nbc - made up shit about zimmerman w the tapes.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2014, 05:33:39 AM »
Can someone provide a few examples of NBC, CBS, and ABC showing a clear liberal bias during their evening news broadcasts?  ???

HAHHAHAHAHAH!!

You are an idiot.

I will entertain your moronic existence just this one time. Here are comments by people who worked at those companies. Yeah, I know libtards like you will say that these are former disgruntled workers. But, instead of deflecting, why don't you try to prove them wrong?

http://www.mrc.org/media-bias-101/journalists-admitting-liberal-bias-part-one

"Does anybody really think there wouldn't have been more scrutiny if this [CBS's bogus 60 Minutes National Guard story] had been about John Kerry?"
— Former 60 Minutes Executive Producer Don Hewitt at a January 10, 2005 meeting at CBS, as quoted by Chris Matthews later that day on MSNBC's Hardball.

"Personally, I have a great affection for CBS News....But I stopped watching it some time ago. The unremitting liberal orientation finally became too much for me. I still check in, but less and less frequently."
— Former CBS News President Van Gordon Sauter in an op-ed published January 13, 2005 in the Los Angeles Times.

"I don't know if it's 95 percent...[but] there are enough [liberals] in the old media, not just in ABC, but in old media generally, that it tilts the coverage quite frequently, in many issues, in a liberal direction....It's an endemic problem. And again, it's the reason why for 40 years, conservatives have rightly felt that we did not give them a fair shake."
ABC News political director Mark Halperin appearing on The Hugh Hewitt Show, October 30, 2006.

"From a reporter's point of view, it's almost hard to remain objective because it's infectious, the energy, I think. It sort of goes against your core to say that as a reporter, but the crowds have gotten so much bigger, his energy has gotten stronger. He feeds off that."
— NBC reporter Lee Cowan in an MSNBC.com video about the Obama campaign posted January 7, 2008.

“You know, it’s fairly well discussed inside CBS News that there are some managers recently who have been so ideologically entrenched that there is a feeling and discussion that some of them, certainly not all of them, have a difficult time viewing a story that may reflect negatively upon government or the administration as a story of value....They never mind the stories that seem to, for example — and I did plenty of them — go against the grain of the Republican Party....I didn’t sense any resistance in doing stories that were perceived to be negative to the Bush administration — by anybody, ever. I have done stories that I perceived were not received well because people thought they would reflect poorly upon this [the Obama] administration.”
— Former CBS News investigative correspondent Sharyl Attkisson on CNN’s Reliable Sources, April 20, 2014.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2014, 05:46:54 AM »
Ok, now throw in ABC, NBC, and CBS.Throw in the spanish channels too  ::)

These are non-cable channels and these networks control most of the programming on tv, and all of them push left-leaning content.

The belief that FOX NEWS (a cable channel) has more reach and influence than the rest of the media combined is incredibly stupid and dishonest.

These idiots will never understand. I speak Spanish and have watched the news programs on the spanish channels. They don't even bother to present the conservative view point. It is all Pro-Illegal Immigration, Pro-government and Pro-Dumocratic party. The only time they mention the Republican Party is to report WHAT they are doing, but not WHY they are doing it.

By the way. Look at who is #1 in some of the major cities in the USA.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/07/31/univision-is-the-1-network-for-the-second-consecutive-july-sweep-among-both-adults-18-49-and-adults-18-34/289148/NEW YORK - JULY 31, 2014 – Univision Communications Inc. today announced that the Univision Network ranked as the No. 1 network in primetime for the second consecutive year among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 during the 2014 July sweep.  Univision stations in Los Angeles and New York ranked as the No. 1 and No. 2 most watched stations in the country, respectively, during primetime and total day among key demographics.

“The fact that our network was able to maintain the No. 1 position in primetime among these key demographics for two consecutive July sweeps as more networks air first-run shows validates our strong position in the industry amidst increased competition. It’s a top priority of ours to continue to deliver world-class, culturally-relevant content that our viewers crave – in all of the ways that they want it – and we’re confident that as long as we continue to do so, we’ll remain at the forefront,” said Randy Falco, president and CEO of Univision Communications Inc.

Univision also continued to attract the youngest viewers in all of network primetime television with a median age of 39, which was 17 years younger than the top 4 English-language broadcast networks’ average of 56.

Univision had the most programs within the top 20 on all of television during the July sweep among Adults 18-34 compared to ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2014, 07:37:52 AM »
These idiots will never understand. I speak Spanish and have watched the news programs on the spanish channels. They don't even bother to present the conservative view point. It is all Pro-Illegal Immigration, Pro-government and Pro-Dumocratic party. The only time they mention the Republican Party is to report WHAT they are doing, but not WHY they are doing it.

By the way. Look at who is #1 in some of the major cities in the USA.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/07/31/univision-is-the-1-network-for-the-second-consecutive-july-sweep-among-both-adults-18-49-and-adults-18-34/289148/NEW YORK - JULY 31, 2014 – Univision Communications Inc. today announced that the Univision Network ranked as the No. 1 network in primetime for the second consecutive year among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 during the 2014 July sweep.  Univision stations in Los Angeles and New York ranked as the No. 1 and No. 2 most watched stations in the country, respectively, during primetime and total day among key demographics.

“The fact that our network was able to maintain the No. 1 position in primetime among these key demographics for two consecutive July sweeps as more networks air first-run shows validates our strong position in the industry amidst increased competition. It’s a top priority of ours to continue to deliver world-class, culturally-relevant content that our viewers crave – in all of the ways that they want it – and we’re confident that as long as we continue to do so, we’ll remain at the forefront,” said Randy Falco, president and CEO of Univision Communications Inc.

Univision also continued to attract the youngest viewers in all of network primetime television with a median age of 39, which was 17 years younger than the top 4 English-language broadcast networks’ average of 56.

Univision had the most programs within the top 20 on all of television during the July sweep among Adults 18-34 compared to ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX

Exactly right...these media bias deniers make me laugh. The country is being transformed right under their nose and they dont even get it.

AD2100

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2014, 09:21:49 AM »
HAHHAHAHAHAH!!

You are an idiot.

I will entertain your moronic existence just this one time. Here are comments by people who worked at those companies. Yeah, I know libtards like you will say that these are former disgruntled workers. But, instead of deflecting, why don't you try to prove them wrong?

http://www.mrc.org/media-bias-101/journalists-admitting-liberal-bias-part-one

"Does anybody really think there wouldn't have been more scrutiny if this [CBS's bogus 60 Minutes National Guard story] had been about John Kerry?"
— Former 60 Minutes Executive Producer Don Hewitt at a January 10, 2005 meeting at CBS, as quoted by Chris Matthews later that day on MSNBC's Hardball.

"Personally, I have a great affection for CBS News....But I stopped watching it some time ago. The unremitting liberal orientation finally became too much for me. I still check in, but less and less frequently."
— Former CBS News President Van Gordon Sauter in an op-ed published January 13, 2005 in the Los Angeles Times.

"I don't know if it's 95 percent...[but] there are enough [liberals] in the old media, not just in ABC, but in old media generally, that it tilts the coverage quite frequently, in many issues, in a liberal direction....It's an endemic problem. And again, it's the reason why for 40 years, conservatives have rightly felt that we did not give them a fair shake."
ABC News political director Mark Halperin appearing on The Hugh Hewitt Show, October 30, 2006.

"From a reporter's point of view, it's almost hard to remain objective because it's infectious, the energy, I think. It sort of goes against your core to say that as a reporter, but the crowds have gotten so much bigger, his energy has gotten stronger. He feeds off that."
— NBC reporter Lee Cowan in an MSNBC.com video about the Obama campaign posted January 7, 2008.

“You know, it’s fairly well discussed inside CBS News that there are some managers recently who have been so ideologically entrenched that there is a feeling and discussion that some of them, certainly not all of them, have a difficult time viewing a story that may reflect negatively upon government or the administration as a story of value....They never mind the stories that seem to, for example — and I did plenty of them — go against the grain of the Republican Party....I didn’t sense any resistance in doing stories that were perceived to be negative to the Bush administration — by anybody, ever. I have done stories that I perceived were not received well because people thought they would reflect poorly upon this [the Obama] administration.”
— Former CBS News investigative correspondent Sharyl Attkisson on CNN’s Reliable Sources, April 20, 2014.

So...exactly HOW MANY BROADCASTS OR NEWS TOPICS where the "liberal bias" was clear among THE THOUSANDS OF NIGHTLY NEWS BROADCASTS over say, the last thirty five years? ??? I am having a little trouble getting an accurate account from all of the gibberish being posted.

I see the Dan Rather event everybody knows about and something to do with 60 Minutes segment. That's all we got to prove a liberal biased media? I dunno bro, seems kinda weak...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2014, 09:24:39 AM »
Yes, any of us can cite 5 or 10 "instances" of bias from any channel.

I want to see some kind of proof of it happening on a MACRO scale, and evidence of what % of news media the liberals actually control.

Seeing as they whine about it 24/7, giving us that number - 51%, 60%, 80%, whatever... shouldn't be too hard to locate.

Why don't we see that number, 2 days later?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2014, 09:25:28 AM »
Its clear as day. Sorry you are too stupid to notice.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2014, 09:35:44 AM »
Its clear as day. Sorry you are too stupid to notice.

I don't know what is as clear as day.  YES, decades ago, when the choices for news were NBC nightly, ABC nightly, or CBS nightly, definitely... liberals controlled the news.

Today?   Maybe they have a majority, maybe 51%... but I don't see 90%.  I don't see 80%.  I can't quantify it, but I'd guess the right - that claims the left owns so much of it - coudl be able to back that up and show us the numbers.  

MSNBC and CNN, their numbers are dropping.  FOX is doing better than ever.  repub media in print and online - it's growing, all while we hear the gloating that nobody reads/watches lib media anymore.

So aside from a feeling... I want to see the number...

What PERCENTAGE of national NEWS media - cable news + nightly news + print news + web news = is controlled by the liberals?  And I don't want to hear anyone just "tossing in" Univision... i mean, they have a whole bunch of stupid shit on, that has nothing to do with news.  Respectfully, just include the Univision news.

Can anyone just show what % of NEWS the liberals control in 2014?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2014, 10:21:33 AM »
I don't know what is as clear as day.  YES, decades ago, when the choices for news were NBC nightly, ABC nightly, or CBS nightly, definitely... liberals controlled the news.

Today?   Maybe they have a majority, maybe 51%... but I don't see 90%.  I don't see 80%.  I can't quantify it, but I'd guess the right - that claims the left owns so much of it - coudl be able to back that up and show us the numbers.  

MSNBC and CNN, their numbers are dropping.  FOX is doing better than ever.  repub media in print and online - it's growing, all while we hear the gloating that nobody reads/watches lib media anymore.

So aside from a feeling... I want to see the number...

What PERCENTAGE of national NEWS media - cable news + nightly news + print news + web news = is controlled by the liberals?  And I don't want to hear anyone just "tossing in" Univision... i mean, they have a whole bunch of stupid shit on, that has nothing to do with news.  Respectfully, just include the Univision news.

Can anyone just show what % of NEWS the liberals control in 2014?

You cant just 'toss it out'... a huge number of voters in the border states get virtually ALL their news from spanish sources, which are ENTIRELY  democrat-supporting. This is common knowledge. There was an article a few month ago...even posted here i think...in which the CEO of Univision openly stated that they 'do not even report anything from the republican perspective', that basically they ignore/despise anything republican and represent the democratic party.

See also the recent story in the news about how only SEVEN PERCENT of journalists identify with the republican party

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2014, 10:40:52 AM »
You cant just 'toss it out'... a huge number of voters in the border states get virtually ALL their news from spanish sources, which are ENTIRELY  democrat-supporting. This is common knowledge. There was an article a few month ago...even posted here i think...in which the CEO of Univision openly stated that they 'do not even report anything from the republican perspective', that basically they ignore/despise anything republican and represent the democratic party.

See also the recent story in the news about how only SEVEN PERCENT of journalists identify with the republican party

Still, we know "liberal media bias" is perhaps the top claim that repubs use, every day.  Surely they can quantify it by now.  Surely they can point at a %, and stats to back it. 

And much of univison is crap game shows with big titties flopping around, right?

Also, the 7% "identifying" - I addressed that.   Conseravtives MAKE the new and wimpy liberals REPORT ON IT.

99% of the people at mcD restaurants vote obama... 99% of the people in the McD board room vote Romney.
93% of "journalists" identify with Dems... I'd bet 93% of those making decisions at the networks regarding programming - the rich dudes - identify with the repub who will be much friendlier in their tax bracket.

You can't call McD a liberal chain, because 99% of the decision makers are conservative.

I can call Chik-Fila a conservative chain - even tho 99% of the people wokring there are making $9 an hour and voting dem - because 99% on the board (decision makers, donors, etc) are backing the repubs.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2014, 10:50:48 AM »
You guys wanna maintain your denial, go ahead. Nothing will convince you

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2014, 10:55:52 AM »
Is 240 claiming that everyone in the USA speaks English and no one watches Univision or Telemundo?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2014, 10:58:21 AM »

I can't disagree that a lot of the TV news, print news, and web news is liberal.
But neither of us knows how much.

We know the libs don't control 10%, they control more.
We know the libs don't control 90%, they control less now.

The number is obviously shrinking, as we see ratings plummet for MSN as they climb for FOX.  Print media is dying/dead, and that's mostly lib, right?  The new online media - led by drudge - really does reveal a lot of bad things about obama/dems.  I mean, one cannot call wikileaks a lib organization - they're anto-govt, anti-secrecy, etc... but I'm sure many people are attributing stuff like that, the things that embarass all govt, to "the left" when obama hated assange as much as Bush - probably more lol.

I just want to see the number.  Does the liberal news reach cover 80% of people?  I'd guess less.  I don't know that.  No trolling, I'd really like to see, in terms of NEWS, what % of people watch/read/view liberal news, what % of people take in conservative news.

Toss out all the things that sway it, like seinfeld reruns and boobies on univision.  Just the news.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2014, 11:00:01 AM »
Is 240 claiming that everyone in the USA speaks English and no one watches Univision or Telemundo?

what the heck are you talking about?  lol... absurd.   I'm saying we should look at the NEWS and the NEWS alone.  Include the news shows on telemundo, but not some dude getting motorboated by DD boobies or pie in face or game show or soaps or whatever.  When I see surveys, people just lump in ABC, univision, etc... I mean, ABC covers fishing shows.. and I can tell you, being from FL, lol, a whole lotta fisherman hate obama's guts... so to lump in fishing shows with "liberal news media reach" lol

AD2100

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2014, 11:12:29 AM »
WEAK

If the liberal bias was so strong, you should be able to cite HUNDREDS of stories of obvious bias by The Big Three Networks.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2014, 11:30:55 AM »
nobody is saying EITHER side doesn't have some bias. 

I'm saying, if the repubs are going to repeatedly claim "the libs control the media" and "the news is slanted", then by golly, show us THE NUMBERS to prove it.

Sure, the news may "lean" left, but is it 52% leaning?  Or 99.8% leaning?  Break it down.  Palin and friends yell about the Lamestream media enough - I'm sure they woudln't just make shit up - tell us the numbers.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2014, 11:59:54 AM »
Any reasonable person who pays attention to the media and isn't a delusional liberal can see the obvious liberal bias throughout the media.  Sometimes it's overt.  Sometimes subtle.  But you really have to be wearing blinders to not see it.

Plenty of examples here:  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=401076.0

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2014, 12:07:41 PM »
Any reasonable person who pays attention to the media and isn't a delusional liberal can see the obvious liberal bias throughout the media.  Sometimes it's overt.  Sometimes subtle.  But you really have to be wearing blinders to not see it.

Plenty of examples here:  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=401076.0

Oh, you can see it but you cannot quantify it.  Thank you.  That's exactly what I said. 

You can find examples.  Super.  So we know it happens dozens of times.

But you can't give us what PERCENTAGE of TOTAL NEWS COVERAGE is liberal, and what % is conservative?

I feel like everyone is missing the point.  We all kinda feel it, see it, and know it's there.  Palin and others talk about it all of the time.  So let's try to nail down some numbers.

Now, there are 3 categories - PRINT (newspaper, mags), ONLINE (websites) and TV.

For print, at least the newspaper section - I was surprise to read conservatives dominate print media.  It's what people want.   Sixty percent of the nation's daily newspapers print more conservative syndicated columnists every week than progressive syndicated columnists. Only 20 percent run more progressives than conservatives, while the remaining 20 percent are evenly balanced.

Can anyone COUNTER this, please?

More info here - Turns out the conservatives do kick liberal ass in quite a few areas.  We can all 'feel' a slant, and if your feelings are enough for you, I'll invite you to an obama fundraising party where we can have oral copulation with each other while listening to justin bieber.  Or, we can look at facts and try to find that percentage.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_bias_in_the_United_States

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2014, 12:12:22 PM »
Oh, you can see it but you cannot quantify it.  Thank you.  That's exactly what I said. 

You can find examples.  Super.  So we know it happens dozens of times.

But you can't give us what PERCENTAGE of TOTAL NEWS COVERAGE is liberal, and what % is conservative?

I feel like everyone is missing the point.  We all kinda feel it, see it, and know it's there.  Palin and others talk about it all of the time.  So let's try to nail down some numbers.

Now, there are 3 categories - PRINT (newspaper, mags), ONLINE (websites) and TV.

For print, at least the newspaper section - I was surprise to read conservatives dominate print media.  It's what people want.   Sixty percent of the nation's daily newspapers print more conservative syndicated columnists every week than progressive syndicated columnists. Only 20 percent run more progressives than conservatives, while the remaining 20 percent are evenly balanced.

Can anyone COUNTER this, please?

More info here - Turns out the conservatives do kick liberal ass in quite a few areas.  We can all 'feel' a slant, and if your feelings are enough for you, I'll invite you to an obama fundraising party where we can have oral copulation with each other while listening to justin bieber.  Or, we can look at facts and try to find that percentage.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_bias_in_the_United_States

You have to not be a delusional liberal to see it.  But I said that already.  And I just linked pages of examples.  Get your head out of the Democrat Party's rear end and educate yourself.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2014, 12:17:05 PM »
You have to not be a delusional liberal to see it.  But I said that already.  And I just linked pages of examples.  Get your head out of the Democrat Party's rear end and educate yourself.

you cited examples.  I can cite examples of a lot of things - doesn't deliver statistics.  It's raining at my house today.  Doesn't mean it's raining everywhere in the world, even if it really feeeeels like it to me. 

I was hoping, with our amazing data collection ability, all these watchdog groups, we'd have something besides "we know leftist media bias exists, we can feel it, we can see it, but we cannot quantify it".  Particuarly when we can look at ratings, viewership, website hits, newspaper/magazine sales, etc.   

All this reliance on feelings, I don't like it.  I'd prefer to see "In 2013, The Left dominated 40% of media, Moderate/neutral was 20%, and the Right was 20%" - Or whatever the numbers are.

I think we should all dislike trusting just a general "feeling" about things.   Why can't anyone figure out the numbers?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2014, 12:21:34 PM »
you cited examples.  I can cite examples of a lot of things - doesn't deliver statistics.  It's raining at my house today.  Doesn't mean it's raining everywhere in the world, even if it really feeeeels like it to me. 

I was hoping, with our amazing data collection ability, all these watchdog groups, we'd have something besides "we know leftist media bias exists, we can feel it, we can see it, but we cannot quantify it".  Particuarly when we can look at ratings, viewership, website hits, newspaper/magazine sales, etc.   

All this reliance on feelings, I don't like it.  I'd prefer to see "In 2013, The Left dominated 40% of media, Moderate/neutral was 20%, and the Right was 20%" - Or whatever the numbers are.

I think we should all dislike trusting just a general "feeling" about things.   Why can't anyone figure out the numbers?

You obviously didn't read the numerous examples I provided.  Anyone who wants to become more educated about a subject has to be willing to learn.  That's a hallmark of intelligent people.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2014, 12:29:14 PM »
You obviously didn't read the numerous examples I provided.  Anyone who wants to become more educated about a subject has to be willing to learn.  That's a hallmark of intelligent people.

I'm not sure you understand.

I am not looking for a 9 page getbig thread with a bunch of examples.  yes, it exists, I agree.

But your thread doesn't show the exact percentages.  Just how much exists.  TV, print, web - it's all tracked.
Has someone put together an annual report of just what % of the news is actually liberal?

I appreciate your thread, but it's just a bunch of random articles about examples.  It doesn't show us the actual percentages.  See what I mean?  Not flaming, I'd love to see the legit stats.  We all agree it exists... but is it 99% or 51%?  Or something in the middle?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2014, 12:38:53 PM »
I'm not sure you understand.

I am not looking for a 9 page getbig thread with a bunch of examples.  yes, it exists, I agree.

But your thread doesn't show the exact percentages.  Just how much exists.  TV, print, web - it's all tracked.
Has someone put together an annual report of just what % of the news is actually liberal?

I appreciate your thread, but it's just a bunch of random articles about examples.  It doesn't show us the actual percentages.  See what I mean?  Not flaming, I'd love to see the legit stats.  We all agree it exists... but is it 99% or 51%?  Or something in the middle?

Your request for percentages is retarded.  Nobody keeps track of ideology and bias that way.  Pretty dumb way to approach the issue if you ask me.