Author Topic: Ironmaster home gym  (Read 2300 times)

KSA

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Ironmaster home gym
« on: February 03, 2006, 03:28:38 AM »
What's your experience with that brand (dbells ,super bench ,...) ?

www.ironmaster.com

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Ironmaster home gym
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 04:54:15 AM »
Excellent. Their bench is the most innovative and useful on the market, and solid. Dumbbells are a viable alternative to Powerblocks.

KSA

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 05:19:43 AM »
pumpster ,did you use the accessories on that bench :pull up bar ,dips and sit up ?

BigAlski

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 05:28:55 AM »
I think as far as the Dumbell angle, one could get by as follows:

A good set of Olympic collared dumbells (or 2 sets).
At least 8 10lb plates and 8 5lb plates. 
Also 4 2.5 lb plates.

Here you have good stable dumbells to 70 or 80 lbs.  Even with 2 10's and a 5 on each side good Olympic collared dumbells are still stable and compact in width, though a little long because of the length.  Easy to change too.  And if you have 2 sets, I am sure investing in another 4 10lb plates and 4 5lb plates wouldn't put you back more than 40 bucks.

Secondly Buy a set of 50s, a set of 80s, a set of 100s and a set of 120s (if needed).  Here you could probably get in for 60 cents a pound per dumbell so around 400.

Also pick up two sets of 5lb magnets, one for each end, and 2 sets of 2.5 lb magnets.  This will make the 80's to 90's, etc (or 85's).  These are made for dumbells.

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 04:31:40 AM »
i have the old quick change dumbells they go up to 85s i also have the magnets which makes them 90s   for things i use one dumbell like pull overs one arm rows i can add the plate make it 90 then add ten pounds of magnets. id rather have  good solid bench or a power cage.. than the ironmaster set up

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 05:02:44 AM »
The bench & attachments are quite a bit smaller than using a powercage-much better for an apartment/small spaces, and allow more exercise options. You can get a good workout with just the bench, attachments and dumbbells. It's the only way i've found so far to do chins.

Powerblock & Ironmaster dumbbells are both excellent. Much more expensive than regular dumbbells, but if you're going to have them for years it might be worth the extra $ for the time & space savings.  Powerblocks are the fastest to change weight and the most comfortable IMO, Ironmaster DBs are a little more durable, can be dropped repeatedly.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 01:54:00 PM »
My brother has the Ironmaster set up and loves it. He bought it from the company during a dent and scratch sale and saved a ton of cash. Might have them email you about any sale if you decide to go that route