Author Topic: Singerman & PJ Braun said "Palumbo will never make it"???  (Read 8015 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Why did A.Singerman & PJ Braun said "Palumbo will never make it" ???
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2014, 07:16:03 AM »

Adonis, there's no need to play fear tactics with nutritional supplements.  People will automatically assume that Walmart products are inferior and quite frankly a lot of them are.  There are over 200 different supplement companies and that's just on BB.com.....in total, there's well over a 1000 different companies.  While there are price variations, the majority of them focus on just one flagship product that sets them apart from others and then subsequently sells the usual side items.....no different than a burger joint.

As far as distributors are concerned, while there is a number of companies that just have private label, you do have some companies that do everything in house in terms of buying raw material to make supplements.  

A lot of guys around here think that there's no money in supplements but they are DEAD WRONG about that....even silly product like coconut water which has over 400 million a year in sales. 
I find the marketing tactics of supplements rather unique. 

If I ever made a protein product, it would be High Protein Ice Cream.  I know how to do it easily and it would sell instantly due to my expertise in actually making something taste good so it wouldn`t be a waste of calories to eat it.

I oughta find someone to partner with one day and at least give a product for everyone that is worth eating.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2014, 07:24:24 AM »
I can easily get protein powder by the metric ton for 1200 dollars.  Its hilarious the mark up.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2014, 07:36:39 AM »
I can easily get protein powder by the metric ton for 1200 dollars.  Its hilarious the mark up.

But def not "ultra-micronized", "hydrolized", "high-fibric", "155 % bio-availiable" protein most companies are selling

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2014, 08:51:10 AM »
I find the marketing tactics of supplements rather unique. 

If I ever made a protein product, it would be High Protein Ice Cream.  I know how to do it easily and it would sell instantly due to my expertise in actually making something taste good so it wouldn`t be a waste of calories to eat it.

I oughta find someone to partner with one day and at least give a product for everyone that is worth eating.

Selling supplements has really nothing to do with the product itself Adonis.  If you were to launch something like that, it would automatically fail right out of the gate because you don't have any networks set up....that's the big part of it.  Aaron and PJ were able to blow any the competition because they have some serious connections and the best networks around.  Their products were sold long before the products came out of production. 

I honestly like the sound of high protein ice cream but you'd have to spend a few years setting up the networks before even launching something like that
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2014, 09:00:51 AM »
Selling supplements has really nothing to do with the product itself Adonis.  If you were to launch something like that, it would automatically fail right out of the gate because you don't have any networks set up....that's the big part of it.  Aaron and PJ were able to blow any the competition because they have some serious connections and the best networks around.  Their products were sold long before the products came out of production. 

I honestly like the sound of high protein ice cream but you'd have to spend a few years setting up the networks before even launching something like that

The product would speak for itself first and foremost.  Plus I would just market it on Youtube, free marketing, and it would easily take off.  I may play with the idea one day just for giggles, who knows.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2014, 09:06:05 AM »
The product would speak for itself first and foremost.  Plus I would just market it on Youtube, free marketing, and it would easily take off.  I may play with the idea one day just for giggles, who knows.

But why go through the trouble of putting up with that shit.  Sell REAL ice cream and be able to stock it in grocery stores. 
A

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2014, 09:06:48 AM »

I'd seriously doubt that Dave's never taken a dime from Species Nutrition....I'm not sure why he would make that kind of proclamation.  You and Aaron are doing awesome and Prime Nutrition is blowing up in sales but there's going to be roadblocks ahead of you as the competition will try to take your head off or ....well you'll see what I mean.  Success can be an elevator that goes up and down.  Seven years ago, I had tons of money, great job, and I was pushing product like crazy and then a few months later through no fault of my own it was all gone to which I had to start over......shit happens.  Its very important to stay grounded especially when the shit hits the fan

Stay Hungry,
Vince

For fuck sake. Your posts make me sick to my stomach.  Delusional retard.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2014, 09:20:23 AM »

But why go through the trouble of putting up with that shit.  Sell REAL ice cream and be able to stock it in grocery stores. 
There is a market for small batch, artisan in grocery stores, however the competition to compete on that level is much greater than selling to morons looking to increase their protein count in a satisfying manner.

Targeting the fitness community first and using that as a stepping stone is a safer approach.  The niche markets are always easier to succeed in initially.

Yarborough's Homemade Ice Cream out of Sanford NC, just began selling to all Lowe`s Grocery stores and it is small batch, artisan.  So that is certainly a possibility.

The easier approach though is the niche market.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2014, 09:34:00 AM »
I think where Palumbo shines is that he has been able to travel the planet to some damn interesting places on others credit cards. That is hard to pull off. I feel that most of his perks are however coming to the end. He is becoming person non grata.

Neymar Barca

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2014, 09:36:47 AM »
I agree with the fact that he helped Aaron and I becoming known. Especially Aaron. That said, you judge a businessman on his level of success with the opportunities he's developed or been given. That, and his level of acumen, in which he carries out his business affairs. If we can agree that those are the criteria that we are using to judge, then Dave isn't even remotely "great". I'm not going to tear the guy up GB style, only use Species as an example. How do you think it's doing? We visit many stores, deal with all the distributors, and speak to many decision makers in the supplement business, and the consensus is not good. The stores that have it can't sell it, and distributors like Lone Star rank it among it's least sold brands.

Dave used to brag to Aaron that he's never taken a paycheck from Species after 7 years in business. I know Aaron used to consider that very admirable. Now that we own companies we know that's ridiculous. Who owns a company to NOT make money, then brags about it. Lol.

On a positive note, he is an idea guy, a lot like Aaron. The difference is he doesn't monazite his ideas.

is it true that he payed 5k a month to Mell Chancy to to that radio show (even if the show played a few times) just to have a bypass to all PRO SHOWS,by bypass I mean that he could interview atheltes in the show??

what do you think how much money is chris aceto payed from him (beside plane ticket,hotel and food) a month,and do you think is aceto the next to be fired cause all the employes sooner or later were fired?

from what I see from the videos he is doing great I mean he has a nice house,maybe not outsibe but inside is all equiped,a nice car (maybe leased),and his SPECIES NUTRITION has many employes,how can he finance that?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2014, 12:52:41 PM »
I think where Palumbo shines is that he has been able to travel the planet to some damn interesting places on others credit cards. That is hard to pull off. I feel that most of his perks are however coming to the end. He is becoming person non grata.

Are you saying maybe Dave picked up the disease that is Palumboism from some far off land much like the Ebola virus?

Robgun1

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2014, 01:51:31 PM »
I agree with the fact that he helped Aaron and I becoming known. Especially Aaron. That said, you judge a businessman on his level of success with the opportunities he's developed or been given. That, and his level of acumen, in which he carries out his business affairs. If we can agree that those are the criteria that we are using to judge, then Dave isn't even remotely "great". I'm not going to tear the guy up GB style, only use Species as an example. How do you think it's doing? We visit many stores, deal with all the distributors, and speak to many decision makers in the supplement business, and the consensus is not good. The stores that have it can't sell it, and distributors like Lone Star rank it among it's least sold brands.

Dave used to brag to Aaron that he's never taken a paycheck from Species after 7 years in business. I know Aaron used to consider that very admirable. Now that we own companies we know that's ridiculous. Who owns a company to NOT make money, then brags about it. Lol.

On a positive note, he is an idea guy, a lot like Aaron. The difference is he doesn't monazite his ideas.

You agree that Dave has helped you two become more well known " especially Aaron".  Why "especially Aaron"?   Does he not have the same stature as you?   Why would he be any less well known ?

Also,  what are you known for PJ?     Would you say it's your bodybuilding?  

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2014, 07:57:43 PM »
is it true that he payed 5k a month to Mell Chancy to to that radio show (even if the show played a few times) just to have a bypass to all PRO SHOWS,by bypass I mean that he could interview atheltes in the show??

what do you think how much money is chris aceto payed from him (beside plane ticket,hotel and food) a month,and do you think is aceto the next to be fired cause all the employes sooner or later were fired?

from what I see from the videos he is doing great I mean he has a nice house,maybe not outsibe but inside is all equiped,a nice car (maybe leased),and his SPECIES NUTRITION has many employes,how can he finance that?

Dave has business ventures that most people don't even know about....and they have nothing to do with steroids.   You'd be surprised what he has his hands into.
A

Benito Mutumbo

• Getbig IV
Re: Singerman & PJ Braun said "Palumbo will never make it"???
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2014, 08:27:23 PM »
Palumbo is falling into Romano like obscurity.  Both have burnt every bridge they ever came across.  At some point, especially in the niche crazy world of BB and supplement hawking, you are blackballed for your bad decisions, gossiping and having far more enemies that friends.

He had it made when Blechman was paying all the bills.  It was Dave's greed & stupidity that did him in at MD.  He would still be getting a check from Schmoe Blechman if he hadn't been blinded by his own self-importance.

Dave has always been his own worst enemy.  Lousy with money.  Undoubtedly a crossdresser.  Possibly transgendered.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2014, 07:08:16 AM »
Dave's strength lies with nutrition, contest prep etc. I certainly would not consider him a good business man. He has good ideas but has not converted them into what you would call successful ventures. Aaron and PJ have a much better grasp of how to be successful in the supplement industry.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2014, 08:01:16 AM »
I have to respectfully disagree with both PJ and Aaron in terms of Palumbo.  Dave is a great businessman as he and Romano were doing things with internet media long before anyone else.
If it wasn't for Dave, there would be a lot of people who wouldn't have been as successful or well known....especially you and Aaron and even myself when I was laid off from Altel back in 2007.  

Regardless of what disagreements I or anyone else has with Dave....he did a lot of good things for people overall and you have to give him his due and proper.
And this ladies and gentlemen,  is how you instantly can tell that PJ Braun is correct.

Mr. Goodrum never has a clue what hes talking about and is historically incapable of being correct. Also he thinks of himself as a successful businessman therefore his metric used to guage success is completely and utterly fucked.

Therefore we can easily make the solid assumption that PJ is correct.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2014, 08:01:41 AM »
Pj what's the inside view on gifted nutrition?

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2014, 10:49:26 AM »
And this ladies and gentlemen,  is how you instantly can tell that PJ Braun is correct.

Mr. Goodrum never has a clue what hes talking about and is historically incapable of being correct. Also he thinks pf himself as a successful businessman therefore his metric used to guage success is completely and utterly fucked.

:D

true

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2014, 10:51:40 AM »
GENOVA looks like a cross between sean astin'goonies fame'and last drip from the Canseco brothers parents sperm..

kofo

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2014, 11:19:09 AM »
Other than using fear tactics and playing on human phobias and insecurity, how does one convince others to buy their supplement and not the cheap walmart stuff?  Its not like there is much variation other than price among supplements.  It all usually comes from the same few distributors anyways.

You would think with the internet, people would be wise to this by now.  

I believe that a huge part of the market is people who use this shit for a short period (less than a year) in their life, kind of like a fade.

They either stop their fitness lifestyle or they become more smarter and educated and stop buying that crap.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2014, 11:29:54 AM »
I believe that a huge part of the market is people who use this shit for a short period (less than a year) in their life, kind of like a fade.

They either stop their fitness lifestyle or they become more smarter and educated and stop buying that crap.
this. the whole gym and supp industry is based on first time goers who never come back. There are people tho who understand how it works, what it takes, but started using powders from the beginning and still cant tell it s simply useless in what they have achieved.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2014, 02:11:25 PM »
You don't do yourself any favors with posts like this.  You claim to be an industry insider yet try to tease us with "I know but I'm not telling you".  It's lame.  And your implications that Palumbo has his hands in other things could be implied that they might be illegal (hence you not wanting to tell).... which again is just you flaunting gossip.

There's nothing like suspense in an thread but this isn't one of them.  Dave has a number of businesses that people simply don't know about but they are nothing spectacular to talk about.
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2014, 02:24:55 PM »
And this ladies and gentlemen,  is how you instantly can tell that PJ Braun is correct.

Mr. Goodrum never has a clue what hes talking about and is historically incapable of being correct. Also he thinks of himself as a successful businessman therefore his metric used to guage success is completely and utterly fucked.

There's no "correct" or "incorrect" answer.  I just disagree with PJ with his assessment of Dave on certain aspects.  Heck, not too long ago me and Aaron were cracking up at that testestorone product that Dave released for Species with the shitty label.  However,  He would have to know something about business in order to become Editor in Chief of Muscular Development and run Species, RX Muscle, IonTechLabs...heck even his Juice Plus team that he's had for over a decade.

Granted, he's fucked up a lot of relationships with PJ, Aaron, Jeff the Producer, Brian Hilderbrand, etc....that's clearly bad business to shit on them like that and toss them out the door but don't forget that all of these guys stood by and said nothing when other people like Billy Guns and Derek Anthony were tossed out onto the curve and ridiculed.

Whether Palumbo makes it or not is none of my concern but I don't think he's going to ever be broke and homeless
A

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2014, 03:21:38 PM »

There's no "correct" or "incorrect" answer.  I just disagree with PJ with his assessment of Dave on certain aspects.  Heck, not too long ago me and Aaron were cracking up at that testestorone product that Dave released for Species with the shitty label.  However,  He would have to know something about business in order to become Editor in Chief of Muscular Development and run Species, RX Muscle, IonTechLabs...heck even his Juice Plus team that he's had for over a decade.

Granted, he's fucked up a lot of relationships with PJ, Aaron, Jeff the Producer, Brian Hilderbrand, etc....that's clearly bad business to shit on them like that and toss them out the door but don't forget that all of these guys stood by and said nothing when other people like Billy Guns and Derek Anthony were tossed out onto the curve and ridiculed.

Whether Palumbo makes it or not is none of my concern but I don't think he's going to ever be broke and homeless

........well I think that one went right over your head.