Author Topic: Mike Matarazzo - Fighting For His Life (RIP 08/17/2014)  (Read 80768 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Mike Matarazzo Fighting For His Life
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2014, 04:45:22 PM »
;D just re read it , yeah it does. Kai ruined everything that has anything to do with fruits

Just grapefruits. Strawberries and Kiwi's are still okay.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2014, 04:50:36 PM »

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2014, 04:54:38 PM »
I believe he stated that he ate a jar of peanut butter a day for years. A lot of people have some degree of peanut allergies and don't even know it. Peanuts can and will cause inflammation in most people. Most people's inflammation goes unnoticed and/or has mild symptoms...Inflammation is a secret killer...

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2014, 04:55:17 PM »
Just grapefruits. Strawberries and Kiwi's are still okay.

I love grapefruits  :-X :'(

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2014, 06:24:18 PM »
I love grapefruits  :-X :'(

So does Kai, apparently. He loves them so much he destroys them.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2014, 07:20:28 PM »
I believe he stated that he eat a jar of peanut butter a day for years. A lot of people have some degree of peanut allergies and don't even know it. Peanuts can and will cause inflammation in most people. Most people's inflammation goes unnoticed and/or has mild symptoms...Inflammation is a secrete killer...

The guy ate peanut butter and red meat like Seabiscuit, hence the clogged arteries. Excessive steroid use can also wreak havoc on cholesterol levels.

Did he start juicing again after the surgery?

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2014, 09:11:22 PM »
;D just re read it , yeah it does. Kai ruined everything that has anything to do with fruits

Hopefully the "antelope" were consenting.  I know...it was a speeeling eror!  ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2014, 10:08:01 PM »
The guy ate peanut butter and red meat like Seabiscuit, hence the clogged arteries. Excessive steroid use can also wreak havoc on cholesterol levels.

Did he start juicing again after the surgery?

Depending on how much peanut butter he eats, it might not be that bad for him. Peanut butter in small amounts can stimulate your body to produce the HDL cholesterol that clean LDL out of your bloodstream and reduce your cholesterol. However, the saturated fats in peanut butter mean your body will simultaneously produce harmful LDL as well. Health organization Kaiser Permanente advises that people with high blood pressure can eat peanut butter, but are better off eating it in small amounts.

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2014, 10:17:50 PM »
Most people's inflammation goes unnoticed and/or has mild symptoms...Inflammation is a secret killer...

This could be the way low dose baby aspirin works to help prevent heart problems.  Aspirin is anti-inflammatory.

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2014, 10:22:11 PM »
It is one thing to "live life to it's fullest" and quite another to live a life full of crap.  He did the latter and as he has admitted, paid the price.  Like I said, if he has genuine remorse he has a chance.

Coleman on the other hand, has more crap in him than a bag of natural fertilizer.

Mike has had a great life - you don't know him and don't know what the fuck you are talking about... What the fuck does "genuine remorse"'have to do with someone's ability to heal?? Fucking retard. Mikes pops died from heart disease very young and I can assure you his dad wasn't living a life of crap and sure as hell was t using hormones... You are a pathetic fuck that never amounted to shit so you come here and pontificate as some righteous ass. Yet another example of the PUSSIFICATION of the world

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2014, 10:30:06 PM »
Mike has had a great life - you don't know him and don't know what the fuck you are talking about... What the fuck does "genuine remorse"'have to do with someone's ability to heal?? Fucking retard. Mikes pops died from heart disease very young and I can assure you his dad wasn't living a life of crap and sure as hell was t using hormones... You are a pathetic fuck that never amounted to shit so you come here and pontificate as some righteous ass. Yet another example of the PUSSIFICATION of the world

Well, since I don't speak or write "Stupid", I should have known this would happen. 

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2014, 02:55:09 AM »
this is a 20/30 lb larger version of his 228 lb usa win in 91 he looked insane at that show and he was only competing a bit then came out of nowhere..

Miracles of insulin/growth combo.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2014, 03:32:52 AM »
The thread is vague. What was he brought into hospital for specifically? 

he was posing on getbig with a few gimmicks and a brutal owning by bigmc was the final blow to his heart.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2014, 03:38:48 AM »
this is a 20/30 lb larger version of his 228 lb usa win in 91 he looked insane at that show and he was only competing a bit then came out of nowhere..

Yup. Mike at 5'10", competed in the 250-260 range later on. Was about 275-280 offseason. I read he had upwards of both 24" arms and calves at one point. Either way, all around big guy.

Hope he pulls through.

Oblique

• Getbig III
  • The Warrior King
« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2014, 04:39:56 AM »
This sucks.

I met Mike once. Seemed pretty cool.

I doubt he ate like he said he did though.

It's just the drugs. They've done their damage. :(

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2014, 04:44:08 AM »
Will prayed for him if he still has some muscle. If no muscle then he is on his own.

Fuck man im going to hell for laughing at this.  :-[

Anyways... I don't know the guy but i hope he makes a recovery.
A

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2014, 05:32:15 AM »
alot of its genetics NOT steroids,some people smoke all their lives n live to be 95 n others never touched a cigerette n die of lung cancer at 35, its just the way it is.
R

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: August 05, 2014, 05:41:24 AM »
Went to the cardiologist last week to do a checkup and told him i have used some steroids in the past. He didn't gave much attention to it, he was always repeating how dangerous smoking is.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #118 on: August 05, 2014, 06:20:28 AM »
Sad, Mike was one of my fav Bodybuilders, some of the freakiest arms and calves of all time. Know he had a a triple bypass in the past. Whether it's drugs or genetics most likely a combination of both, hope he pulls through.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2014, 06:46:06 AM »
Sad, Mike was one of my fav Bodybuilders, some of the freakiest arms and calves of all time. Know he had a a triple bypass in the past. Whether it's drugs or genetics most likely a combination of both, hope he pulls through.

He had two open heart interventions. In 2004 and 2007 if i remember correctly.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #120 on: August 05, 2014, 08:02:56 AM »
This sucks.

I met Mike once. Seemed pretty cool.

I doubt he ate like he said he did though.

It's just the drugs. They've done their damage. :(

Yup it was the drugs (not his diet).

K1RB

• Getbig III
« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2014, 09:14:59 AM »
Another abuser fighting for his life- shocker-
He may have been pre disposed to heart disease, but I'm sure acting like an idiot and abusing drugs speed the process up quite a bit-
Most of  these guys will die pre maturely and broke...They are stupid if they don't know that getting into this-
My guess is that Phil Heath will fall the hardest , the fastest...We are seeing it happen to Ronnie right now-
Kids...Stay in school, don't abuse drugs, and save your money. Some people may think that is common sense, but it's amazing how many don't ::)

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2014, 09:15:45 AM »
So according to the majority on here, it was the meat and peanut butter that did him in.

::) ::) ::)

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2014, 09:26:58 AM »

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2014, 09:29:00 AM »
Another abuser fighting for his life- shocker-
He may have been pre disposed to heart disease, but I'm sure acting like an idiot and abusing drugs speed the process up quite a bit-
Most of  these guys will die pre maturely and broke...They are stupid if they don't know that getting into this-
My guess is the Phil Heath will fall the hardest , the fastest...We are seeing it happen to Ronnie right now-
Kids...Stay in school, don't abuse drugs, and save your money. Some people may think that is common sense, but it's amazing how many don't ::)

I always got the feeling that Phil is a relatively low dose guy.
I think if anyone it'll be Branch who suffers the most once he hits his 50's, or Kai - maybe not injury-wise but definitely health problems.

Of course they all push the limits. Its hard to understand unless you see it from their eyes.
Just like Olympic athletes, they are willing to do whatever it takes to win, and it doesn't matter to them if they keel over the next day. Of course, Olympic athletes make way more money and actually need skill to win their sport, but the mentality is the same nonetheless.