Author Topic: Mike Matarazzo - Fighting For His Life (RIP 08/17/2014)  (Read 80804 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: Mike Matarazzo Fighting For His Life
« Reply #200 on: August 05, 2014, 06:04:37 PM »
Mike looking sharp in a suit

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #201 on: August 05, 2014, 06:17:29 PM »
Big arms for sure , but shape not so good

Good bber but not levrone, ray level

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #202 on: August 05, 2014, 06:26:01 PM »
Mike was a freak!  (big arms/big ass calves!) Back was sub-par.....Chest = eh......Legs were OK....nothing to write home about...people went crazy tho when he flexed those arms (when he won the "USA" 91? I think....he came to visit his wife where I worked....we were hanging outside the club,Mike was in a tank-top he literally was stopping traffic/people were freaking the fuck out!,stopping their car....taking pictures.....it was like he was a rock star) never again did I see anything like that....

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #203 on: August 05, 2014, 06:30:19 PM »
Mike was a freak!  (big arms/big ass calves!) Back was sub-par.....Chest = eh......Legs were OK....nothing to write home about...people went crazy tho when he flexed those arms (when he won the "USA" 91? I think....he came to visit his wife where I worked....we were hanging outside the club,Mike was in a tank-top he literally was stopping traffic/people were freaking the fuck out!,stopping their car....taking pictures.....it was like he was a rock star) never again did I see anything like that....

Little things like that is what makes all it worth it to many..imagine giving that ego boost up

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: August 05, 2014, 06:43:07 PM »
That's quite a list. A lot of heart attacks and heart failure deaths, to be sure. Here are some interesting statistics:

America's Heart Disease Burden
•About 600,000 people die of heart disease in the United States every year–that’s 1 in every 4 deaths.
•Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women. More than half of the deaths due to heart disease in 2009 were in men.
•Coronary heart disease is the most common type of heart disease, killing nearly 380,000 people annually.
•Every year about 720,000 Americans have a heart attack. Of these, 515,000 are a first heart attack and 205,000 happen in people who have already had a heart attack.
•Coronary heart disease alone costs the United States $108.9 billion. This total includes the cost of health care services, medications, and lost productivity.

Protect Your Heart

Lowering your blood pressure and cholesterol will reduce your risk of dying of heart disease. Here are some tips to protect your heart:
•Follow your doctor’s instructions and stay on your medications.
Eat a healthy diet that is low in salt; low in total fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol; and rich in fresh fruits and vegetables. Marty Champions (Falcon) may be onto something.
•Take a brisk 10-minute walk, 3 times a day, 5 days a week.
•Don’t smoke. If you smoke, quit as soon as possible.

So less than half of the deaths from heart disease in 2009 were by women. ..... Humans accounted for 100% of these death's! 
Very interesting.

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #205 on: August 05, 2014, 08:08:37 PM »
Yo MIKE hang in there buddy, my best wishes to you and your family. GOD BLESS  :)
Ψ

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #206 on: August 05, 2014, 08:13:29 PM »
Mike was a freak!  (big arms/big ass calves!) Back was sub-par.....Chest = eh......Legs were OK....nothing to write home about...people went crazy tho when he flexed those arms (when he won the "USA" 91? I think....he came to visit his wife where I worked....we were hanging outside the club,Mike was in a tank-top he literally was stopping traffic/people were freaking the fuck out!,stopping their car....taking pictures.....it was like he was a rock star) never again did I see anything like that....
mikes long torso hurt his back 'look',his chest wasn't bad in those video's his side chest was alright,he filled alot mass in that frame ,his legs looked shorter compared to long torso and stubby but huge calves took away from rest legs.he had freak factor calves/arms,,like fellow bostonian demayo legs/arms..

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #207 on: August 05, 2014, 08:52:12 PM »
Little things like that is what makes all it worth it too many..imagine giving that ego boost up

Really? Nearly kill yourself for a pointless 'ego boost' from random mugs. Beyond my realms of understanding why you'd want random people to 'admire' you. Usually the same people that's quick to point out that they don't care what others think.

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #208 on: August 05, 2014, 10:11:44 PM »
Really? Nearly kill yourself for a pointless 'ego boost' from random mugs. Beyond my realms of understanding why you'd want random people to 'admire' you. Usually the same people that's quick to point out that they don't care what others think.

I don't see what's so hard to understand. Do you think people buy flashy cars and expensive status symbols to go unnoticed? Attention gives you a sense of importance. Once you are constantly given attention and praised for your appearance it becomes a part of your identity. That's not easy to give up for most.

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #209 on: August 05, 2014, 11:11:07 PM »
 Wednesday bump for mike. Hold tight!

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: August 05, 2014, 11:15:44 PM »
Freaky calves indeed.  Mike's calves remind me of  the freaky calves of James Demillo.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #211 on: August 05, 2014, 11:18:18 PM »
Mike's best years were 98 and 99. He was full and cut...got 3rd at NOC behind Coleman and levrone... Looked super freaky
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: August 06, 2014, 12:39:50 AM »
Little things like that is what makes all it worth it too many..imagine giving that ego boost up

Yeah but mike today would give all that up to live the rest of his life healthy and peacefully

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: August 06, 2014, 12:43:41 AM »
I don't see what's so hard to understand. Do you think people buy flashy cars and expensive status symbols to go unnoticed? Attention gives you a sense of importance. Once you are constantly given attention and praised for your appearance it becomes a part of your identity. That's not easy to give up for most.

But those flashy cars and expensive things aren't going to effect your health and cause u to end up in ICU  ;D

Good luck to mike though! Hope he does recover , sounds like he gave up the bbing lifestyle a long time ago

Props to guys like tom prince, mike Francois. After health problems they gave up unlike many who still keep pushing the envelope like idiots like don long, flex wheeler, kris dim.... If those guys tumbled over I or anyone should give two shits about them

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #214 on: August 06, 2014, 12:55:00 AM »
Yeah but mike today would give all that up to live the rest of his life healthy and peacefully

I understand that and agree its the smart thing to do. My post wasn't justifying being told you have a serious heart condition and continuing to push it to the max. The point I was making is its easy to get caught up in yourself and not take caution to health. I can't and won't judge anyone who does.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #215 on: August 06, 2014, 05:35:40 AM »
Freaky calves indeed.  Mike's calves remind me of  the freaky calves of James Demillo.

wow thats a name that brings back memories, he was  built really good
R

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #216 on: August 06, 2014, 05:39:30 AM »

Oh yeah, he was natural  ::)

He was smart to get out before he ruined himself.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #217 on: August 06, 2014, 05:43:34 AM »
mikes long torso hurt his back 'look',his chest wasn't bad in those video's his side chest was alright,he filled alot mass in that frame ,his legs looked shorter compared to long torso and stubby but huge calves took away from rest legs.he had freak factor calves/arms,,like fellow bostonian demayo legs/arms..

Chris Cormier once said that "Mike had nothing between his knees and his armpits".

Purge_WTF

« Reply #218 on: August 06, 2014, 06:37:55 AM »
Chris Cormier once said that "Mike had nothing between his knees and his armpits".

I once said that Cormier is a rave-fag. I still say it.

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #219 on: August 06, 2014, 06:45:48 AM »
That's quite a list. A lot of heart attacks and heart failure deaths, to be sure. Here are some interesting statistics:

America's Heart Disease Burden
•About 600,000 people die of heart disease in the United States every year–that’s 1 in every 4 deaths.
•Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women. More than half of the deaths due to heart disease in 2009 were in men.
•Coronary heart disease is the most common type of heart disease, killing nearly 380,000 people annually.
•Every year about 720,000 Americans have a heart attack. Of these, 515,000 are a first heart attack and 205,000 happen in people who have already had a heart attack.
•Coronary heart disease alone costs the United States $108.9 billion. This total includes the cost of health care services, medications, and lost productivity.

Protect Your Heart

Lowering your blood pressure and cholesterol will reduce your risk of dying of heart disease. Here are some tips to protect your heart:
•Follow your doctor’s instructions and stay on your medications.
Eat a healthy diet that is low in salt; low in total fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol; and rich in fresh fruits and vegetables. Marty Champions (Falcon) may be onto something.
•Take a brisk 10-minute walk, 3 times a day, 5 days a week.
•Don’t smoke. If you smoke, quit as soon as possible.

This advice is terrible.  I take it you would be surprised to learn that whole eggs actually reduce small, dense LDL?  That is the LDL that is bad for you by the way.

The way to increase your bad LDL is to go overboard on carbs.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #220 on: August 06, 2014, 07:17:02 AM »
+1

Just for the illustration :

Mike Mentzer died 2001 age 49 heart complications
Ray Mentzer died 2001 age 47 Berger's disease(build-up of cholesterol plaques in the arteries), endocarditis (an infection of the lining of the heart)
Ron Teufel died 2002 age 45 liver failure
Scott Klein died 2003 age 30 kidney failure and heart failure
Sonny Schmidt died 2004 age 51 cancer
Robert Benavente 2004 age 30 massive heart attack
Charles Durr 2005 age 44 enlarged heart
Don Youngblood 2005 age 51 massive heart attack
Paul Demayo 2005 age 38 heroin overdose
Fannie Barrios 2005 age 41 (female) apparent stroke
Eric Otero 2006 age 37 infection in his tooth that entered his bloodstream
Eduardo Kawak 2006 age 47 heart attack
Rob Sager 2007 age 29 HEART FAILURE
Greg Deferro 2007 age 53 heart disease
Dan Puckett 2007 age 22 heart condition
Shelley Beattie 2008 age 39 (female) depression for six weeks before she hung herself
Joe Meeko 2009 age 48 Lyme disease
Luke Wood 2011 age 35 kidney failure and heart failure
Carlos Rodriguez 1991 age 48 stomach cancer
Mohammed Benaziza 1992 age 33
Ray McNeil 1995 age 29 killed by his wife
Andreas Münzer 1996 age 31 liver and then kidneys failed
Johnny Fuller 2006 age 62 cancer
Wilfred Sylvester 2006 age 62 alzheimers
Derrick Whitsett 2004 age 38 heart attack
Trevor Smith 2004 age 33 No official cause but he was 400lbs 6ft 1"
Curtis Leffler 1998 age 36 heart attack
Hans Hopstaken 2002 age 45 unspecified heart condition, or pnuemonia
Art Atwood 2011 age 38 heart attack
Bj johns 1995-1996? age 34 New Zealand Heart attack
lou barrie 2001 age 40 died instantly after a massive heart
Claudia Bianchi 2004 age 34 blocked arteries
Big Boss Man' Ray Traylor 2004 age 41 heart attack
Marianna Komlos 2004 age 35 breast cancer
Luke Iams 2003 age unsure 40's heart attack
Anthony Clark 2005 age 39 massive heart attack
Mannie Hamilton 2005 age 62 heart attack
Roger Estep 2005 brain cancer
John Riggins 2005 age 33 kidneys failed, liver stopped functioning, lungs filling up with fluid and he has pneumonia
John Ware 2005 Age 46 (former PLer; current football coach) heart attack
Doug Young, 2005 age 61, powerlifter massive heart attack
Norm Dabish, 2005 age 46, Co-founder of Powerhouse Gyms. heart attack
Herb Glossbrenner, 2005 age 63, suffers stoke
Steve Courson 2005 Steroid whistle blowers for the NFL http://en.wikipedia....i/Steve_Courson crushed to death
Eddie Guerrero, 2005 age 38. acute heart failure due to arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease (artery wall thickens as a result of the accumulation of fatty materials such as cholesterol)
Hans Ossner, 2006 age 64 cancer
Russ Knipp 2006 age 63 heart attack
Nasser El Sonbatey 2013 age 47, Kidney Failure
Casey Viator 2013 age 62, heart attack
Matt Duvall, 2013 age 40 heart attack

And ...

Arnold Schwarzenegger triple heart bypass still living
Don Long kidney failure still living
Tom Prince kidney failure still living
Flex Wheeler kidney transplant in 2003 still living
Ed Corney 1999 suffered a heart attack and 2 strokes still living
Boyer Coe August 11th, had quadruple heart bypass surgery. they discovered Boyer's blood that was extremely thick, and three main arteries were almost completely blocked. The doctors performed open heart surgery right then and there he is still living
Danny Padilla survived a heart attack
Mike Martarazzo heart attack triple bypass heart surgery, still living

You threw a couple Wrestlers in there, if you add in the Wrestlers the list goes on and on.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #221 on: August 06, 2014, 07:43:18 AM »
Jeez I forgot about Charles Durr dying from an enlarged heart.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #222 on: August 06, 2014, 08:47:56 AM »
LOL,,,I CAN SEE HIM SAYING THAT SO NO LATS/LEGS ...

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #223 on: August 06, 2014, 09:16:20 AM »
Mike really seems like a good guy. I've never heard anyone say anything diffrent. Hope he makes it through this as well!
MIRAGETROPIN

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #224 on: August 06, 2014, 11:01:32 AM »
This advice is terrible.  I take it you would be surprised to learn that whole eggs actually reduce small, dense LDL?  That is the LDL that is bad for you by the way.

The way to increase your bad LDL is to go overboard on carbs.

Prime is a old man who comes from a generation that unquestioningly believes in "easy to understand" government advice.

He's recommending statins in this thread so I don't think he actually knows what small LDL is , just that "cholesterol" is "bad"