Author Topic: UFC 178 - Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier brawl (at media day)  (Read 36148 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re: UFC 178 - Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier brawl (at media day)
« Reply #200 on: August 12, 2014, 01:14:56 PM »
Although huge , Big Foot is nowhere near as dynamic a fighter as Jones.

That is true.

But beating Bigfoot who is 6'4 @ 265 shows that Cormier can deal with Jones' reach in a boxing match.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #201 on: August 12, 2014, 01:40:18 PM »
i dont know man, that speed, reach... didnt cormier have knee problems too.
did anyone ever be a threat to jones rather than gustafsen ?
lets hope for a ref stoppage here, jones lose by injury.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #202 on: August 12, 2014, 01:51:26 PM »

I told these idiots anyone wants to bet Cormier for the win I'll give then 1 point better than any book makers price on the night of the fight up to 10k bet.

I will lay Cormier to lose all day long, he will take a bad beating in this fight.

i will do it bro

lets send money to a mod right now and work the differences later. I gamble all the time, why not? 1 grand?

Uncle Junior

« Reply #203 on: August 12, 2014, 02:13:12 PM »
i will do it bro

lets send money to a mod right now and work the differences later. I gamble all the time, why not? 1 grand?

That's fine, 1K is good. No need to send money to mod, with you I trust.

But first just check what price is he right now with your bookmaker where u are based? I wanna see what difference is between US & UK prices so we can agree price.

Here with William Hill Cormier is 6/4 (www.williamhill.com), so I will give you 1 point better, but just check and lets agree the price first cos i'm going on UK prices and not sure what prices you are going on.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: August 12, 2014, 02:17:58 PM »
Joon becareful because OTH might try to pay you in Mexican pesos and roofing tiles.
A

Uncle Junior

« Reply #205 on: August 12, 2014, 02:28:53 PM »
Joon becareful because OTH might try to pay you in Mexican pesos and roofing tiles.

That's fine if he loses I will accept 1k's worth of Upsher Smith Anavar as payment. But only that brand.  ;)

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: August 12, 2014, 02:36:18 PM »
Yeah only accept human grade. OTH is known for his guatemalan vet supplies. No bueno.
A

Uncle Junior

« Reply #207 on: August 12, 2014, 02:42:48 PM »
Yeah only accept human grade. OTH is known for his guatemalan vet supplies. No bueno.

What happens if u you just take Anavar with no test will ur dick just die?

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: August 12, 2014, 03:24:00 PM »
That is true.

But beating Bigfoot who is 6'4 @ 265 shows that Cormier can deal with Jones' reach in a boxing match.

Which is also true.

Cormier is a smart fighter so I know he'll have a plan to get in the pocket and stay there to inflict damage against the cage or on the mat.

Black Fedor ftw

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: August 12, 2014, 03:58:59 PM »
Nope fight delayed till january.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #212 on: August 12, 2014, 04:27:30 PM »
Nope fight delayed till january.

Fucks sakes, I had a UFC party night planned...boooo

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #213 on: August 12, 2014, 04:37:38 PM »
sorry i didnt know u guys knew already,i posted a new thread on it,my bad
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #215 on: August 12, 2014, 04:43:54 PM »
trust me jones is gonna beg dana for gustavsenn to fight cormier n hope like hell gustavsenn wins,its gonna b another tito ducking chuck thing all over again,remeber tito with all his excuses just to keep the belt,jones u cant run forever bro
R

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: August 12, 2014, 04:57:29 PM »
It's very disappointing," Cormier told MMAFighting.com. "I started to train very hard. It's a little discouraging, but now I have time to get completely healthy. I don't know how hurt Jon is but we have to remember that I took this fight with a pre-existing injury. I could have fought through it, I just wish he would have done the same."

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #217 on: August 12, 2014, 04:59:15 PM »

u know the deal,jones is doing the tito duck,trying to hold his belt afew months longer ::)
R

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: August 12, 2014, 05:03:24 PM »
u know the deal,jones is doing the tito duck,trying to hold his belt afew months longer ::)

Jones didn't want to rematch Gustafsson so he got Dana to put him against Cormier. Now one week after the face-off with Cormier, Jones is "injured". Interesting timing.

"Just to clear up a couple things, people think we're in contract negotiations with Jon Jones - we're not," White told UFC.com. "Jon Jones still has five fights left on his contract. So what we're doing right now is trying to get him to sign the bout agreement for Gustafsson. He doesn't want to fight Gustafsson. ... Lorenzo and I have a meeting with Jones on Thursday to get him to sign the bout agreement, and he's asking to fight Cormier instead."

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #219 on: August 12, 2014, 05:11:38 PM »
Jones = the ultimate troll.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #220 on: August 12, 2014, 05:13:08 PM »
Jones didn't want to rematch Gustafsson so he got Dana to put him against Cormier. Now one week after the face-off with Cormier, Jones is "injured". Interesting timing.

u know what they say,be careful what u wish for cause u just might get it,jones actually jumped out of the frying pan into the fire by asking to fight cormier instead of gustavsenn, part of being a champion is fighting injured,im not saying injured to the point where its gonna totally effect your gameplan, but u know how many times guys like randy,cain,tito ect fought with fractured feet,hands ect,alot of times fighters fight injured,jones is scared n its showing bigtime,scared of losing his belt not so much scared of the ass whuppin tho,he knows losing that belt will hurt his finances n lets face it,what r the chances of getting the belt back after he losses it? not that good with guys like gustavsenn,rumble ect coming up strong
R

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: August 12, 2014, 05:24:21 PM »
Doesnt wanna lose the belt and wants to protect his massive ego. The more challenging fighters are coming out of the woodworks and Jones is running scared.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #222 on: August 12, 2014, 05:30:09 PM »
Doesnt wanna lose the belt and wants to protect his massive ego. The more challenging fighters are coming out of the woodworks and Jones is running scared.

thats it in a nutshell,but he can only hide so long then dana will strip him,trust me if he pulls this shit again in january dana will strip him of the belt n have gustavsenn vs cormier for the vacant belt
R

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: August 12, 2014, 05:39:58 PM »
This is a shame, but injuries "do happen".

I'd recommend Cormier look into repairing his knee in the meantime. If what he has requires minimally invasive surgery that could potentially have him back up and running in a month, I'd get that taken care of now and then start training for Jones.

I'd like to see a Cormier that is 100% ready for this fight come January. I also do not want to see a Gufstasson/Cormier fight.

Aside from the fighters and fans that were waiting for this fight, this must suck for the UFC. They don't have too many great cards lined up. That was one of their better cards. Now, I look forward to UFC 180, 181 & 183 starting in November and on.

"1"

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #224 on: August 12, 2014, 05:46:57 PM »
This is a shame, but injuries "do happen".

I'd recommend Cormier look into repairing his knee in the meantime. If what he has requires minimally invasive surgery that could potentially have him back up and running in a month, I'd get that taken care of now and then start training for Jones.

I'd like to see a Cormier that is 100% ready for this fight come January. I also do not want to see a Gufstasson/Cormier fight.

Aside from the fighters and fans that were waiting for this fight, this must suck for the UFC. They don't have too many great cards lined up. That was one of their better cards. Now, I look forward to UFC 180, 181 & 183 starting in November and on.

"1"

i agree about cormier getting his surgery done cause they r scheduled to fight in january now, cormier would have to b stupid to fight someone else n risk the title shot he earned,if he gets surgery now n then starts training again in september hes still fine cause hed have 3 months to get ready,plenty of time to prepare for chicken bones
R