Author Topic: Photos with an eerie backstory (graphic)  (Read 82220 times)

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
Re: Photos with an eerie backstory (graphic)
« Reply #150 on: August 07, 2014, 01:49:28 PM »
Who was that japanese doctor that performed all those horrible acts against people.  Can't remember but he was sick as fuck

To add to my other post, he injected methylene blue in people's eyes to see if they would go blue, stitched twins together. One time he circumcised a kid, removed his eyelids and used the foreskin as eyelids. Kid ended up cockeyed.

sean

• Getbig IV
Re: Photos with an eerie backstory
« Reply #151 on: August 07, 2014, 02:11:55 PM »
Damn... Draino in the eyes.

My dad once had to do an autopsy in medical school on a couple that had been tortured and killed by some burglars.  Before they pounded pencils into their ears, they made them drink Drano by shoving a funnel down their throats.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2014, 02:42:26 PM »
My dad once had to do an autopsy in medical school on a couple that had been tortured and killed by some burglars.  Before they pounded pencils into their ears, they made them drink Drano by shoving a funnel down their throats.

In med school? My mate did car crash victims and normal deaths surprised they let a student near something that horrific.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #153 on: August 07, 2014, 03:22:13 PM »
My dad once had to do an autopsy in medical school on a couple that had been tortured and killed by some burglars.  Before they pounded pencils into their ears, they made them drink Drano by shoving a funnel down their throats.
Sometimes, people live after drinking drano

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #154 on: August 07, 2014, 03:41:52 PM »
In med school? My mate did car crash victims and normal deaths surprised they let a student near something that horrific.

Correction, he took a summer job doing autopsies while in medical school. This would have been back in the mid-seventies.  In those few short months, he'd seen enough of that gig.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #155 on: August 07, 2014, 04:12:41 PM »
Dude, watch the documentary on him. It's insane. JFK brought in his NORMAL daughter (who was very healthy) to have a lobotomy, because she liked meeting boys after dark. Guess what happened to her? She became a vegetable for the REST of her life. It's Jackie Onassis's sister. It was hushed up. This MONSTER destroyed so many people lives. There are tons of before and after pictures of the people he gave a lobotomy to with an ice pick and in the before pictures, their eyes are shining and alive and the after pic, it's like someone turned the light switch off. No more emotion. No more personality. I was obsessed with this fucking guy while doing my undergrad in Psychology. He was called the lobotomist.

Are you talking about Rosemary?  Not quite the facts of the case, but nonetheless, she did have a failed lobotomy due to her FATHER, not brother (JFK) and lived the remainder of her 86 years institutionalized, but not a vegetable.   
:

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #156 on: August 07, 2014, 04:22:11 PM »
These people don't feel any guilt, that's kinda the point. This obsession of viewing bad people as victims of their own actions gets  old.

how did i say they were victims?

they put up a facade that they care to come off as innocent

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #157 on: August 07, 2014, 04:24:11 PM »
I love seeing the face of killers and evil.  Makes you wonder if you had 10 people in front of you and one was a mass murderer if you would be able to tell.  I bet it would be the most relaxed person

definitely

being charming helps too

E
E

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #158 on: August 07, 2014, 04:25:54 PM »
Correction, he took a summer job doing autopsies while in medical school. This would have been back in the mid-seventies.  In those few short months, he'd seen enough of that gig.

I know you can't control the bodies coming through but that is fucking unlucky. I have an interest in medicine but changed channel when breast reduction surgery was on tv earlier. Seeing that shit up close?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: August 07, 2014, 04:42:30 PM »
A

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2014, 04:43:23 PM »
Great Fucking Thread, Aof1

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: August 07, 2014, 04:50:22 PM »

self immolation of a buddhist monk in 1963. it is said he didn't move or make a sound.

last words - "Before closing my eyes and moving towards the vision of the Buddha, I respectfully plead to President Ngo Dinh Diem to take a mind of compassion towards the people of the nation and implement religious equality to maintain the strength of the homeland eternally. I call the venerables, reverends, members of the sangha and the lay Buddhists to organise in solidarity to make sacrifices to protect Buddhism."

How does one resist burning up alive without making a sound or move an inch......at this point, I believe his soul is detached from his body and pain is no longer a feeling

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #162 on: August 07, 2014, 04:51:59 PM »
this one takes the cake

QFT

Creepy as fuck!

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #163 on: August 07, 2014, 04:52:37 PM »

How does one resist burning up alive without making a sound or move an inch......at this point, I believe his soul is detached from his body and pain is no longer a feeling

Certainty in one's beliefs and mediation. I use it to ignore gf moaning.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #164 on: August 07, 2014, 04:55:38 PM »
Carl Tanzler also known as Count Carl von Cosel (February 8, 1877 – July 23, 1952) was an American radiologist of German decent who became morbidly obsessed with with one of his young patients, Elena Miagro “Helen” de Hoyos (1909 – 1931). At the time Tuberculosis was still a dreaded disease that took the lives of many who suffered it. Tanzler’s job meant that he came into a lot of contact with TB sufferers which is how he met Elena. He fell in love with her – after seeing an apparition of his future love (a dark-headed woman bearing a striking resemblance to his patient).

Despite Tanzler’s hard work, Hoyos died. Tanzler (with no arguments from the Hoyos family) paid for the funeral and the erection of an above-ground tomb for his beloved Elena; a tomb with which he would become very familiar. Every night when he finished work – when most people were at home eating dinner – Tanzler would visit Elena’s tomb; but he didn’t just lay flowers. He had a key and would let himself in and sleep beside her corpse. After six months of practicing this bizarre ritual he decided to go one step further. He stole Elena’s body from the tomb and took her to his home. The details so far are bizarre enough but Hoyos has more indignities to suffer in death.

Tanzler reconstructed Hoyos’ decomposed body by rejoining disjointed bones with piano wire and he stuffed her body with rags. He gave her glass eyes and, as her skin disintegrated, he replaced it with layers of silk soaked in wax. As her hair fell out he made her a wig with hair given to him by her mother after the funeral. He dressed her in finery and sprayed her liberally with perfume – much needed given the strong stench of decay. She spent her days and nights in his bed. He went so far in his madness as to add a tube into her vagina so he could have sex with her.

here's the vid i was talking about on this story

E
E

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: August 07, 2014, 04:57:50 PM »
this one takes the cake

Certainly up there but this one has always stuck out in my mind.

I'm curious if he ever even seen the assassin while taking the photo?

Stan Diego

• Getbig III
  • A whales vagina
« Reply #166 on: August 07, 2014, 05:00:15 PM »

On Feb. 1, 1968, Eddie Adams arrived in the Saigon AP Bureau and heard from the NBC correspondent in the neighboring building about a “little battle” in the Cholon section of Saigon. Adams, the NBC correspondent and his videographer took off for the An Quang pagoda, where they heard Viet Cong were holed up.

They arrived and waited around. After 15 minutes, they saw Vietnamese troops pulling a man out of a building near the pagoda. Adams recounted the moment in a taped interview about AP photography, reprinted in the book Eddie Adams:

I was about five feet away from the prisoner…and to my left came this guy. I have no idea from where. I had a 35mm lens and a single-frame camera, and he went over and I saw him go for his pistol.

Well, when somebody goes for their pistol…they normally threaten the prisoner…I’ve taken pictures like that, somebody threatening somebody…You’re going to do this or I’m going to shoot you. And nothing ever happens. So I saw him go for his pistol. As soon as he raised his pistol I took one frame. And that was the instant when he shot him. I had no idea that he was going to do that.

Adams said the man then walked up to him and said, “He killed many of my men and many of your people.” Later Adams discovered the man was Nguyen Ngoc Loan, the national chief of police for South Vietnam.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: August 07, 2014, 05:00:25 PM »
Certainty in one's beliefs and mediation. I use it to ignore gf moaning.

;D ;D

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #168 on: August 07, 2014, 05:11:32 PM »

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #169 on: August 07, 2014, 05:26:55 PM »
Certainly up there but this one has always stuck out in my mind.

I'm curious if he ever even seen the assassin while taking the photo?

The guy on the right sure looks like he has

TonyAlva

• Getbig IV
« Reply #170 on: August 07, 2014, 05:37:55 PM »

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #171 on: August 07, 2014, 07:34:46 PM »
In March 1994, while on a trip to Sudan, Carter was preparing to photograph a starving toddler trying to reach a feeding centre when a hooded vulture landed nearby. Carter reported taking the picture, because it was his "job title", and leaving. He was told not to touch the children for fear of transmitting disease. He committed suicide 3 months after winning the Pulitzer Prize.[4]

On 27 July 1994 Carter drove his way to the Braamfontein near the Field and Study Centre, an area where he used to play as a child, and committed suicide by taping one end of a hose to his pickup truck’s exhaust pipe and running the other end to the driver's side window. He died of carbon monoxide poisoning, aged 33.

Good for him, in his final moments he actually did the right thing. This thread is sick. I wish I didn't click it.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #172 on: August 07, 2014, 08:44:36 PM »
It only took a second for Associated Press photographer Huynh Cong Ut to snap the iconic black-and-white image 40 years ago.

It communicated the horrors of the Vietnam War in a way words could never describe, helping to end one of the most divisive wars in American history.

But beneath the photo lies a lesser-known story. It's the tale of a dying child brought together by chance with a young photographer.

A moment captured in the chaos of war that would serve as both her savior and her curse on a journey to understand life's plan for her.

'I really wanted to escape from that little girl,' says Kim Phuc, now 49. 'But it seems to me that the picture didn't let me go.'

t was June 8, 1972, when Phuc heard the soldier's scream: 'We have to run out of this place! They will bomb here, and we will be dead!'

Seconds later, she saw the tails of yellow and purple smoke bombs curling around the Cao Dai temple where her family had sheltered for three days, as north and south Vietnamese forces fought for control of their village.

The little girl heard a roar overhead and twisted her neck to look up. As the South Vietnamese Skyraider plane grew fatter and louder, it swooped down toward her, dropping canisters like tumbling eggs flipping end over end.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #173 on: August 07, 2014, 08:51:41 PM »
Euronymous? He was murdered in 1993. (how time flies by, it's been over 20 years...)
I assume you mean Sam Dunn's interview with the drunken Necrobutcher and Blasphemer from Metal: A Headbanger's Journey?

Yes, I was referring to the interview in Headbanger's Journey with the surviving band mates.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #174 on: August 07, 2014, 08:54:36 PM »
Are you trying to say that JFK brought his sister (Rosie) in for a lobotomy?
His daughter is Caroline Kennedy.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caroline_Kennedy

He served in the military from 41-45, Rosie was admitted and had the lobotomy in 41. I doubt JFK was able to do that while he was in the service and possibly overseas. I believe you meant Joe Kennedy. Rosie was 23 at the time.
And as you can see his daughter was born much later and has led an extraordinary life.
He had two children that have died.

Yes, I was referring to Rosie.