Author Topic: Food poisoning  (Read 9692 times)

bigmc

• Getbig V
Food poisoning
« on: August 07, 2014, 02:55:00 AM »
So I've had severe abdominal cramps

And vomiting since Sunday

Not been able to take in any food

I've lost fifteen pounds

I look like shit

Any tips on getting my eAting going again I have zero appetite

My stomach is distended and rock hard

I can keep water down since yesterday so dehydration fixed
T

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
Re: Food poisoning
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 03:00:19 AM »
I usually just take probiotic yogurt like Actimel when I get food poisoning. It usually goes within two or so days then.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 03:04:41 AM »
bigmc shitting his brains out. In another topic: UK overrun by Middle Easterners this week.

Coincidence? I think not.

On a serious note, you aldosterone is out of whack for dehydration, causing you to bloat. Make sure you get enough salts and minerals (ORS supplements). Usually once that is settled (and the bloating pissed away), the appetite returns quickly.

Dangerous mistake to assume you are not dehydrated because you can drink water. If your electrolytes are not in some semblance of balance, the water cannot be transported through the cell walls, so you can drink however much you want yet your body cannot absorb it.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 03:13:03 AM »
plain white rice a little bit of salt is the only thing I can bare. It helps a lot with recovery.

For protein I'd stick to eggs mostly whites, as your digestive system is very weakened now it won't cope well with animal proteins. Pro-biotic yoghurts are ok too. But I find lactose a bit heavy on me when going through a bout like this.

I have battled stomach ulcers and severe gastritis on and off for a while, its finally under control since I chose what I eat a lot carefully.

You did say you had a weak digestive system in that you can't tolerate indian and I remember you struggled like I did with that Nando's we had with Gal. I'd say stay away from animal protein until you feel better. White rice and mashed potatoes work well for carbs
S

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 03:17:21 AM »
Shit that sounds awful! I hope its not ebola.!lol Just kidding mc. just kidding
 Just eat very light and see what you can keep down. I think it gonna take a fey day before your stomach can handle real food again.  Your body needs to have a healthy amount of ''good'' bacteria in the digestive tract, and many yogurts are made using active, good bacteria. I think thats pretty easy on the stomch as well.
I hope you feel better soon.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 03:19:52 AM »
Hope you feel better soon bigmc.

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 04:41:49 AM »
Agh!! I feel for ya. Had food poisoning so bad once that I threw up so hard it tore the right outer sheath of my abdominal wall. In some cases you'll need antibiotics. I had to go on them and a friend of mine as well.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 04:54:47 AM »
Doctors bro.

Could be really bad news.

I dabbled in some recently, undercooked mexican chorizo. Drunk cooking. Never good.

Shit about a gallon of shitpiss turd water and had horrid stomach cramps that had me almost to tears in bed. No vomiting, all shitting.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 05:04:56 AM »
Worst i ever had was from chicken,forgot to wash my hands and the ex missus bought home a french loaf for us to have the chicken with,my hands touch the bread,next day i wanted to die.Never felt so bad in my life,3 days of non stop vomitting and diahorrea.Drink lots of water and soup if you can stomach it,your appetite will soon come back.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 05:56:09 AM »
Had four spoons of white rice and salt

And a can of flat coke

Fingers crossed
T

Simple Simon

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 06:05:28 AM »

And a can of flat coke

Fingers legs crossed

fixed

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 06:26:04 AM »
Agh!! I feel for ya. Had food poisoning so bad once that I threw up so hard it tore the right outer sheath of my abdominal wall. In some cases you'll need antibiotics. I had to go on them and a friend of mine as well.
omggg you poor thing  :o

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2014, 06:34:15 AM »

And a can of flat coke

Fingers crossed

Patience, my friend.  The weight you lost was just water and shit.   Take your time.
Y

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 06:54:29 AM »

And a can of flat coke

Fingers crossed

Can you get straight up coconut juice out there?

No additives, no sugar, no reconstituted - just the water out the coconut?

If so - it should get down easily and should have you feeling much better within about 5 mins.

Flat can of coke is probably not the best thing though...

Coconut juice = magic food.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2014, 06:59:25 AM »

If so - it should get down easily and should have you feeling much better within about 5 mins.

Could work as a stopper. ???

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2014, 07:09:10 AM »
Could work as a stopper. ???

Easier just to borrow a butt plug off the wife, I find.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2014, 07:15:14 AM »

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 07:21:50 AM »

My Mrs is picking me up some natural coconut water for me

Good tip thanks

The flat coke was recommended by the medic

Replaces glucose
T

Simple Simon

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 07:23:12 AM »
Coconut water is fucking disgusting, its like watered down semen ( trainer told me)

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2014, 08:26:13 AM »
My Mrs is picking me up some natural coconut water for me

Good tip thanks

The flat coke was recommended by the medic

Replaces glucose

Coke is very good for upset stomachs if you have sickness (throwing up)

But you need to bare in mind its acidic and an irritant when the stomach lining is already stressed.
S

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 08:28:07 AM »
Coconut water is fucking disgusting, its like watered down semen ( trainer told me)

Yeah, I hear trainer is full of tips.  ;)

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 08:39:35 AM »

Naaaaa - it's lovely.

More importantly, as well as tasting nice, it is fantastic when you are sick (or hung over).

Coconut water has been generally offered to patients with diarrhea in many tropic regions to replace the fluid loss from the gastrointestinal tract and to reduce the need for intravenous therapy. The osmolarity of tender coconut water is slightly greater than that of WHO recommended ORS (Oral Rehydration Therapy) solution. Presence of other biological constituents like amino acids, enzymes, minerals, and fatty acids may account for this higher osmolarity. Nonetheless, unlike WHO-ORS, its water is very low in sodium and chlorides, but rich in sugars and amino acids. This well-balanced fluid composition, along with much-needed calories, would be an ideal drink instead of any other kind of soft drink beverages to rectify dehydration conditions.

Coconut water is composed of many naturally occurring bioactive enzymes such as acid phosphatase, catalase, dehydrogenase, diastase, peroxidase, RNA-polymerases etc. In effect, these enzymes help in the digestion and metabolism.

Despite being very light in consistency, its water has proportionately better composition of minerals like calcium, iron, manganese, magnesium, and zinc than some of the fruit juices like oranges. (Compare the mineral composition of oranges).
Its liquid is also a very good source of B-complex vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pyridoxine, and folates. These vitamins are essential in the sense that the human body requires them from external sources to replenish.

Coconut water contains very good amount of electrolyte potassium. 100 ml of water has 250 mg of potassium and 105 mg of sodium. Together, these electrolytes help replenish electrolyte deficiency in the body due to diarrhea (loose stools).

Further, fresh coconut water has a small amount of vitamin-C (Ascorbic acid); It provides about 2.4 mg or 4% of RDA. Vitamin C is a water-soluble ant-oxidant.

http://www.nutrition-and-you.com/coconut-water.html

See - even the internet says it's good

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2014, 08:54:24 AM »
Hope you get better soon buddy, I didn't enjoy the flat coke and rice  ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2014, 11:26:45 AM »

I've lost fifteen pounds

I look like shit

Any tips on getting my eAting going again I have zero appetite

My stomach is distended and rock hard

Now is time to hammer the test and tren :)

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2014, 11:37:03 AM »
Look on the bright side, how often can you diet and lost that much weight in such a short time?

I had it coming out both ends after a trip to a Mongolian Grill a few years back and dropped the same amount of weight. Once the belly bloat goes away you actually look better for a few days